March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

well done cuppie!!! squeaky clean house makes me very happy... good luck with the estate agents tomorrow!

Forgot to ask...Lozza how's it going with the dairy thing?? And how was Z's sleep whilst you were away?? x

Cuppie, there is nothing like a clean house! :). Good work, hope you get the valuation you want!

Lozza, sounds like you had a lovely holiday, good to have you back though! ;). Yay for Z being so good. :)

F is still all grumbly, poor thing, very hard to settle her :( I feel for her as she does want to sleep, but is clearly suffering. As they've broken the skn though things should settle n a day or so. I hope! :wacko:

In other news, I've made good advances in my ongoing war against the laundry! :lol:

Waula - needless to say I didnt avoid dairy on holiday! He did actually do a 10-4 on the second night, then got progressively worse again, we coslept in a single bed a few nights, had to hang on tight! He crashed at 6 tonight and so 4 hrs later has stirred a few times but no straining noises so I don't know whether to go back off dairy or not :shrug:

Cuppie - good luck with estate agents! We discussed moving this week, maybe this time next year. I work for a bank so have an amazing staff mortgage but they're pulling it Rhys year but we keep it as long as we don't move.

Mitch - z started the week by perfecting the side spin, took him til late Thursday to get his legs to go all the way with his top half sideways, then finally flipped last night. He gave us a huge grin when he finally did it, and we cheered him! Then he flipped back and spent the next ten minutes trying again! Convinced he only did it as he'd nothing else to do, we put him on his gym this afternoon and he just lay there staring up.

Wouldluv - hope b's feeding has settled down. Z has fussed loads the last few days, was interesting to read what Emera posted.

Talking of bf, hardly had to do it in public this week but we went to a village one day and he really kicked off as I'd mistimed it. We couldnt find an open cafe do stood on a road trying to calm him down as a temporary fix and ended up being invited into someone's house and bf on their sofa! I was brought a pillow, muslin, and the grandmother boiled the kettle and sterilised his dummy as shed seen us drop it on the street! There are some lovely people in the world!

Oh, and water, I didn't give z any despite the heat but did feed him more often, and if in doubt offered the boob. I definitely spent more time indoors feeding than I expected! I never knew that about the soft spot and dehydration, Z's pulses fairly often so I'll keep an eye on that now.

Going to order a teething necklace I think, although I take kyms point about teaching him to grab a necklace is bad. Don't think he's teething but grabbing something other than my skin while feeding would be welcomed, I have a bruised arm!

10-4 Lozza - awesomeness... would be nice to have repeatable nights though hey!!! Lovely story about the impromptu feed...awww... :thumbup: any more cranial osteopath sessions?? Did they hang Z upside down? (one of the NCT girls went for CO and supposedly that was part of the diagnostics :wacko:) she said her LO didn't seem to mind...maybe that would be a way to get these resistant burps out :haha:
Emera poor F :( at least the worst is over and there's a good reason for her feeding/snacking frenzy over the past few days!!! I loved the pic of Frayrah on FB after R had "blued" her. And the selotaped R pic. Brilliant!
N drained both boobs and fed between 6.30-7.30 whereas he normally feeds for 10-15mins max and he's grumping a bit on the monitor...hoping he heads back off to sleep!!! No milk here mate!!

Lozza...i may try M on the floor without the playmat distractions and see what she does...i am sure its not long coming...she likes being on her side for sure. Worried about her rollibg in the night but guess they get used to it or right themselves....or cry out to be saved:haha:

Waula....N's a hungry boy tonight....hope you fill up those boobs quickly for him

emera....:hugs: for F...poor baby x

Aaw forgot to say my friend bought M this brilliant Lamaze toy...she has a couple but this is a pink dinosaur called Dee Dee (Dee Dee for my little Mee Mee) ....it has a rattle hanging.off and crackly wings etc. She loves it. Also bought a teething ring today that goes in fridge....along with bonjela and teething powders.i am ready for when M is...i.hope!!!!:wacko:

Right bed for me laddies....sttn fairy dust to.all x x

Mitch I'm with you on the Lamaze love... DH got him Captain Calamari - the Octopus Pirate (what an awesome name!!) and he LOVES it. Goes absolutely mental when I attach it to his playmat arch... cute!

Night all...going to go and top him up before bed... xxx

Mitch, they tend to go through a bit of a two week or so phase when they learn to roll one way, and do it a lot, but haven't worked out how to roll back again. They generally shout to be rescued! :haha: normally after a few weeks they master rolling back again, and then they roll all over the place! :haha:

Forrest Gump on TV.....i must still be hormonal as it usually makes me cry.but its only halfway through and i feel teary. Plus it makes me angry....that Jenny is such a cow to poor Forest"!!! I need to get out more :winkwink::haha:

Like Lamaze toys too, they are all really well made and well designed. We seem to have quite a few. Must have come with the batch of random baby stuff my SIL sent over. :shrug: we have a giraffe with knobbly knees which F likes. :haha:

Love the Lamaze toys, we've got captain calamari too! And freddie firefly which he seems to prefer at the moment. I want to buy sir prancelot just so he has a horse!

Waula - got an osteo session Tuesday, going to tell her I can't afford more which isn't really true but I'm not convinced its doing much!

Well he lasted from 6 til just gone half 10, and was resettled twice at 6.30. That's not bad, just wish these longer stretches could come at a time I could sleep! Came up at 9 but couldn't sleep, hope he goes back down for more than 2 hours but as that would be a first it's unlikely! I was leaking thought which I never do!

Those of you that mentioned LO standing, z will push himself up when I take his arms (as I started practicing when I read it on here this week!) but are yours actually taking their weight unsupported? Wow if so!

And I know any amount of pooey nappies is "normal" but z probably has one with every feed. Yesterday I'd changed him 3 times by 10am, all with poo. Surely he's not absorbing anything the amount he pops out?! They're all yellow and invariably grainy or sometimes a bit runnier. Sorry, hope none of you reading this over breakfast...

Lozza, pooing with every feed is pretty normal. What you are describing sounds totally healthy. F will go 1 time some days (but then its MASSIVE) but other days she'll seem to go constantly. :shrug: Roh used to go once every few days. Its all normal apparently.

Lozza she clings to my hands and stands unsupported that way but she is slightly wobbly when she does.

Lozza, A will stand on my lap or on the sofa holding onto my hands or fingers for balance, but is definitely supporting her own weight.

Love that babies are starting to giggle - I try every day to make A do it, but nothing yet. Also, as far as the rolling over goes, A did it twice one day, but seems to have forgotten how, as she's only rolled onto her side since then. Odd. No tummy-to-back flipping yet either, as she hates tummy time.... Thinking that 15 weeks fussiness might be right though, as she was a little terror today! Loving DH for taking her for a couple of hours so I could have some 'me' time though. :kiss:

Emera, do you think the amber necklace works? DH is skeptical. Also, do you mind me asking how much you paid for it? They seem expensive...

Lozza, welcome home! You sound so relaxed! Lovely story about bf in the village. Love random acts of human kindness. Well done Z for the roll! D has not even started to show signs of doing it yet, and I have to say that's fine by me!! :rofl:

D has a poo about every 3 days at the mo (we are on day 4 today, so maybe later :shrug:) the HV says its completely normal. From what I gather everything is normal :shrug:

Emera! Teeth! Something is definitely going on in D's mouth, but it is her top gums that have gone very hard, not the bottom ones? Either way there is a constant monsoon of dribble these days. We shall see. Oh, love the pic of blue Frayrah :haha: roh's hilarious!

D supports her weight, but we hold her under her arms as she comes crashing down very quickly. She's still a bit of a bobble head too. And she doesn't roll :wacko::haha: HOWEVER.....she does laugh and giggle! It's the most amazing sound ever :cloud9: she'll get the other stuff in her own time.

Lying in bed waiting for lazy bones to wake up:haha:...milk at the ready.

Hubby back.today....wwwwoooopppp:happydance:. I am off to visit a customer (and he is a good friend) at QAH Hospital today for coffee and cake....and so he can meet M. And when i get back the first thing i am doing.is handing hubby the baby for him to have time with her and me get a couple of hour off.

M holds her weight quite well when standing....we support her underarms rather than holding hands....she goes wobbly every so often but also puts one foot in front of other to walk (sure its more involuntary movement rather than on purpose:haha:).
Right off to wake lazy girl x

edit to add...M poops mostly every other day...sometimes 2 days in a row but more often not

Crowned, I had an amber necklace with Roh and I'm convinced it worked for him. I got F an anklet as its more practical as she's asleep a lot. Including postage it cost me £7. I've yet to see a real improvement with F, but apparently they take a few days to get going properly. I've never totally understood how they work, but as Roh's appeared to help, I'm going with it again. ;)

No proper giggling here, F does a cute laughing thing, but not a proper baby giggle. She loves standng on my lap. I hold her under her armpits, or she wobbles over, but she bares her own weight. She's one it since day one really. I've been trying to encourage her to use the step reflex, so she doesn't lose it. Hoping she'll walk earlier than Roh! :haha:

Oh, I decided to get hardcore with F last night and not feed her! She finally settled at 10pm after a last feed at 9pm. After that, everytime she was disturbed or woke after that (about 6/7 times) I just put her dummy in and she settled really quickly! I finally decided to feed her at 4.15am, as I was in pain mostly! :haha: she then fed again at 6am. That means she went for 7 hours without a feed. So she can do it. Think I'll persevere with the dummy at night now, as really she needs to feed better in the day and less at night, and its not like she's wasting away, so I don't think it hurts for her to feed less at night! It will make my life easier too as I might actually get some sleep!

The step reflex! Lol I love the exagerrated steps she takes. We get her to use it too but mostly for our entertainment. I hadn't even thought of the benefit of keeping it up.

Emera - 7 hrs is great!

morning lads

feeding so apologies for mistakes lol

funnily enough we filmed G doing the step reflex last night.... its brilliant haha. he is defo supported under arms tho and not by hand

so tired and just gaaaah today.... must be miserable monday syndrome. i dont intend on leaving the house haha

hope ur all well!

Not leaving the house either here, its peeing it down! :(
I forgot to cancel my organic food delivery this week and ordered a load of stuff from Sainsburys which arrived yesterday and today all the organic stuff came too! :dohh: now I have £140 worth of food, and I'm away from thursday! Oops, expensive baby brain! :dohh: Going to have to take some food to my mums and do a lot of cooking in the meantime!! I have like 20 eggs! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->