March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

When i bought this place 3 years ago we had the shortest chain ever...the buyer of k flat was a first time buyer and the people we were buying from were moving into rented.....still makes it complicated:wacko:....we were stuck in.the middle trying to keep everyone sweet. Housing market was a strange place then!

Its soooo exciting getting a new place....AND more so when you are making changes to make it your forever home:cloud9:

Hi, lads! Sorry not around as much, thinking about work stuff is interfering with my valuable Internet time.

WT, poor guys! Hope they come through it soon.

Emera, teeth! That's so exciting (and scary, lol).

As for us, all good, except I think I'm coming down with something. Having that sharp soreness in my throat when I swallow... Boo, I don't want to get G sick!

My friend is giving us her Pack & Play mattress... No more bassinet for us? :cry:

wt - aww sorry about the sicky bambinos, sure it will pass soon.

Rashy - :hugs:

Mitch - mmm pizza and wine.... alas im being healthy... BOO! Yep totally not looking forward to KIT day but its imperative as my manager is leaving on 15th sep. :dohh: Not that im planning on returning to that job atm.... but if i want a second baby pretty soon, then i may have too in terms of mat pay etc. alot to think about.

cuppie - how did the viewing go? I think u said 6.15 tonight... not tomorrow?

G is up in bed, im knackered from Zumba and totally craving prawn wotsits. I swear, its like im pregnant haha. Maybe i am. (Im not!! :haha: )

Hey lads!

OH was back to work today after a whole week off so i've been all busy.

Cuppie, how exciting about the house stuff. Very exciting. I've bought 2 houses in the past and both times the person i've bought from have been idiots. the first one just lied about when he wanted to move so it went from us moving in november to it actually being april. The other time the blokes took EVERYTHING from the house, including light switches (which were REALLY nice high tech fancy ones.)

God, mitch, i could murder a wine. Haven't got any though...

For tea today I had a freezer roast (stuff scraped out of the freezer). It included yorkshire puddings, garlic mushrooms, various veggies and gravy. Was crap!

Then I ate a ton of popcorn and some marshmallows. Fatty

Cuppie - hope the house viewing went well :thumbup:

WT - sorry for the boys sniffles....get a snot sucker :thumbup:

Lozza - sounds like you had a lovely holiday :hugs: nice story about BF. How did your OH get on being in the same room :haha: and yay for rolling!!!

Loo - J isn't rolling either, he's too much of a slug :roll: he's got a lot of weight to move in a small compact package :haha: He absolutely hates tummy time. I put him on his front on the bed yesterday (I was sat next to him) but all he does is bury his face in the quilt and leaves a big wet patch with loads of spit on his face :roll: He's getting very loud and chatty...started growling today! I spend all bloody day with him...OH comes in and get's proper belly laughs and giggles..WTF!

Emera - LOVE that Roh drew on F's face....hilarious!

Can't remember what anyone else said now....sorry :blush:

Hi lads, no idea how the viewing went yet (yes it was tonight) as we went out but hopefully get feedback tomorrow

glow - R is the same, slug-like and leaves a big wet patch on the mat... nice! he is good at holding his head up though

missey - how annoying about the fixtures, i will get anything we specifically want named as being left, but light switches?! scabby

hugs to mouse (but keep your own germs)

Ft - im impressed you go to zumba. im too lazy/busy to exercise. ps given in to the cravings!

You ladies make me giggle...just read missy and glows post (aka freezer roast...was crap and J the Slug) to my.hubby....he laughed:haha:

M face plants but strangely not during.tummy.time on my chest...she loves that...though its a risk when she is naked.and nappy free and i.am not oooops. We are getting.open mouth giggle faces with the odd squeak but not quite laughing...can wait.

Ooooh M too big for baby bath....are you ladies bathing LOs in big bath now? Do you gave a seat...insert....rubber mat ....or just holding them in there? Worried about.her slipping now shes wriggly x

Glow - he moaned a lot about interupted sleep but wasn't too bad! Back to the spare room now though... If Z can just sleep a little better we can move him to his own room as he's almost outgrown the pram cot but I can't face getting up properly at night that many times yet, plus I need to sort blackout blinds first.
He crashed out at 5 today - thought it was a late nap but when he woke at 7 he fed then passed out again and has woken for a feed now. Hope he goes back to sleep. Having 6 hours already is unheard of! It also means I'm bound to have to do a middle of the night nappy change, boo.
He rolled a load more today so proved it wasn't a fluke, and in front of the antenatal girls before grinning at them all when they cheered!! Tried the bumbo today, he seemed to like it but I think he needs a slightly stronger head control to spend any length of time in it.

Mitch - we used the big bath last night and on hols. Im planning to get a seat as I saw one that is part of a non-slip mat thingy at a friends house. Think it's from mothercare, I'll try and find it. We've got a corner bath so leaning over to hold him is really awkward. It also takes ages to run if I wanted a full bath with one of us in it!
Ft - bit belated but glad you had a nice night away and good effort on the Zumba front, I must remember to sponsor you!

Edit - hmm, seems to have decided 6 hours may be enough, did a nappy change after hearing a huge poo and he's very much awake! Have put the light show on that worked at 5 am this morning and hope he drifts off! Long night otherwise...

Mitch... I just run a shallow bath and lie t in that.so it doesnt quite cover his ears. He loves it and kicjs like mad!

glad my freezee roast amuswd! Ha ha.

A is still in the baby bath, but she's getting big for it. I'm scared though, as she's recently started REALLY enjoying it and kicking and splashing and wriggling, so I worry that putting her in the big bath would be dangerous. Don't really want to have to buy a bath insert though.... not sure what I'm going to do.

P.S. My sister had her baby this morning!!!!! SOOOOOO excited!!!!!

Keira is still in the baby bath, the one we bought is good right up to and beyond Toddler. No worries here about moving on to the big bath for awhile I think.

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babygear/products/45668

Plus its really cute!

She hasn't figured out playing in the tub yet but I think that is because of the baby stopper getting in her way.

Congrats to your sister Crowned! How exciting to have two little ones in the family!

Mitch, D is still in her baby bath. She is getting a touch long for it, but not bad enough for me to want to waste water by filling the bath (we are on a water meter :rofl:).

Congratulations to your sister Crowned!! Great news!

Lozza, can't wait to see Z roll! Speaking of which, we were at my god parents tonight and Al casually mentions that we won't be leaving Dharma on her mat any more because she rolled onto her side 2 nights ago! :saywhat: WHAT????? What was his excuse for not telling me??? He said he thought I was there!!!! :dohh::grr::wacko: MEN!!!!!!!!! So of course I spent the rest of the night trying to get her to do it again, but nothing.

Cuppie, am so jealous about your viewing. Mine has been on the market since November and only had 3 viewings :cry: trouble is that NOTHING is moving in the town. My neighbour has had his on the market for 8 months longer than me. I just want rid now. Good luck, and I really hope you have better luck than me! :hugs:

Swimming and osteopath today. Al's turn in the pool with D (we take turns), so I get to take in all the babies and their splashy loveliness!!!! SO damn cute!

Congrats, crowned! I wish there were a baby close to G's age in my family. I have cousins close in age and it's so fun to hang out with them. But it seems like my kids will be the youngest for a while.

I bathe G in her baby tub over the kitchen sink. She's still in the hammock part and then (someday) she can sit up in it. Then we have a bigger baby tub that can sit in the tub downstairs... but it's always cold down there so I'll keep her upstairs as long as possible!

I'm awful about bathing her, though.

But we have had a pretty good nighttime routine lately! She'll eat, then poop (she's an after-every-feed kind of girl) and change into pajamas if necessary (or just sleep in her day outfit if it's temperature appropriate) and then we turn on the music to something slow and dance a little. Then she goes into her bed with her mobile and sleep sheep on and a pacifier, and basically settles herself.

Last night she was in bed by 8 and didn't eat until probably 3:30. Tonight she was out by 9ish. We'll see what happens... she always seems to wake up around 3:30 regardless of when she goes to bed. I've been trying just giving her the pacifier when she stirs and it's bought me an extra hour or so on the initial stretch for the past few days.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Crowned, congratulations to your sister and for being an Aunt! :)

Bath, I just hold F in the big bath and give her a bit of a wash and let her kick about. As Roh is in there already its not a difficult or waste of water. Hate baby baths, they annoy me! I have a bath seat that F will be fine in, in a month or so.

Soooo, STTN fairy came here last night!! :dance: after having to put her dummy in for 7 wakings between 9-4 the night before I did the same thing last night. She went down at 7pm and I had to put her dummy in 4 times, until 5am!!!!!!!! Then she fed 5am dozed a bit fed at 6am, and dozed off again at about 7am and is still snoozing!! :shock: I still had a disturbed sleep, but I'm so proud of her, she did really well!! :)

Well done F on a great night!!!

Mouse :hi: D always wakes up at the same time regardless of when I put her down too :shrug: nice bedtime routine though :thumbup: very jealous of all these self settling babies!

Well done F! Hope the sttn fairy swings this way soon but actually last night Z did settle back himself at midnight with the light show in 5 mins, couldn't believe it! Only slept til 3 then I can't remember what happened but he finally woke for the day at 7.45 in bed with me.
Crowned - congrats to your sister! I never had cousins til I was 18 so there's a huge age gap. Hoping my sister gets on with it soon, she's been advised to as she has ms and there are some new drugs she can try but they've advised her to have kids first. If not Z will just have to have lots of friends as unless we win the lottery or one of gets a huge pay rise we pretty much decided on holiday that he'll be our only one :-(

morning lads

i had wrote loads by O just stood on the keyboard and somehow lost it all

baby baths - we still use ours as it's pretty big but if your worried about the big bath mitch what about something like https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...g-_-Mothercare%20Ergonomic%20Bath%20Support??

congrats on the new addition crowned.

i have forgot the rest :( hope everyone had a good night. Go F!!

we went 8till 6 :)happydance:WOOOO) with one wake up at 3, but that was only because O put her hand to far into her mouth and started gagging! Silly little thing.

Morning.all....thanks for all bath advice. M still fits in hers but likes to push off viciously with.her legs and we have to.stop.her head bumping other end. Like the idea of filing bath a little and lying M on her back missy....might get a rubber mat base for bath. L&L...hubby was looking at that last night....will have to change soon. Also on a water meter loo so.need to thibk.about that...only bath.her every other night.anyway.

Emera....yeah for the sttn fairy!!! Well done F x

Lozza...i know you dont want to put Z in his own room until he stops waking so much but it could be chicken.and egg scenario...it has happened with a couple of babies on here...and with M. She was still waking maybe once or twice for feeds at night still but we put her in the moses basket in cot in her own room and after 2-3 nights started going through totally. So although i was worried about having to.go to nursery to feed....it actually helped her sleep better and night feeds stopped. Just an idea...maybe give it a try for a few nights:shrug:

Baby massage this morning....where M will sleep through entire thing.AGAIN. Its the time for napping ooops...then a weaning workshop this afternoon....too early for M but thry are not running.another til Sept....thought.i may learn sonethibg x

Raining.again :nope:

Mitch - true, might be worth a try! I need blinds fitted first though definitely, we have wooden slat blinds and live opposite a car park which is well lit so it's like daylight in there!

This is what my friend has...
https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...-Category%20landing-_-Mothercare%20Aqua%20Pod

She did say though you either need to hold them in or wait til sitting up as they can flop sideways. It's not got a great review but only from 3 people so not representative! Having seen it I think it will fit in our corner which not all mats would.

Ft - forgot to ask how was weigh in? I'm going this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->