March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Glad it's not just N emera...and I think I'm prob just more panicked being first time mum and I think my booby milk is too damn precious to be wasting on the carpet!!!!! :haha: it just amazes me that some people feed babies without bibs on!!!!! We're using weaning sized ones!!!!!
As always it's very reassuring to know its not just me. Honestly you lads make this much more manageable!!! :hugs:

i def think i am saving money with reuseables, i have spent about £240 including accessories such as wipes etc, i don't tumble dry mine because i dry them on racks in the conservatory. And if they go on to be used by a second child then bonus! plus mine are birth to potty so technically i shouldnt have any further outlay

no help with relux im afraid as R is not a puker - hardly ever. He does make up for it in drool though....

have managed to achieve something today at last, i went to B&Q and got some reduced (yay!) bedding plants and have re-done the hanging baskets! gotta improve my curb appeal for all those drive-by potential buyers!! lol

(i have booked a second viewing of the house i want to buy at the weekend, im probably just torturing myself as we havent sold yet but i couldnt resist)

oooh just thought about further outlay.... R will prob still be in nappies when second baby comes along..... bummer.... will ahve to buy extras to insure i have enough in my stash

I'm not finding disposables as expensive as I thought. A pack of sainsburys ones at just under £4 lasts a week so that's £200 a year plus a £ a week for wipes. I wanted to try reusables but we've got no space for a tumble dryer and living in Manchester nothing gets dried on the line! There's enough washing clothes as it is without more to do! Feel slightly guilty about the landfill but I buy degradable bags and wipes which cost a little more but offset some guilt!

Waula - N does seem to vom a lot, hope it eases up for you. Stupidly patronising question but is he definitely always hungry when he feeds? The only reason I ask is that Z normally voms when I misread the signs and feed when he actually just has trapped wind, then I end up on a snacking/vomit cycle. Sure it's not that and it's one of those things. Must be annoying though :hugs:

Now that Z has learnt to roll back to front he seems to har forgotten how to go the other way so is getting really shouty on his front! He's a wally.

Rolling - A did it twice in one day last week, and not again since then! She keeps rolling onto her side, but then going back again. Odd child.

Photos - dropbox is good, but flickr is also nice, as you can choose the privacy level for each photo (public, family, friends, only me, etc). It's free too, which is a bonus.

Vom - A has definitely upped the vom level around here in the last couple of weeks too. Not sure what it is, but I'm learning to always feed with a muslin/receiving blanket at hand.

Emera, what a darling story about F and Roh! They sound so cute together - makes me think about having a 2nd!! :haha:

Asda nappies are a bargain....i get a pack of 35 (i think) for £3.55....thought they are currently on offer for £3:19....stocked up:thumbup:. I probably go through 4 per day and then a pampers baby dry overnight for M. Blimey remember newborns....M only poos every other day generally...when she was really small i was going through 10 per day or.something. :haha:

Sorry for all the sickiness...M chucks up a little but i think thats cos she is a greedy guts and quaffs the whole bottle and then goes blleurgh 'dont want that bit'....hmmmm naughty M. And typically its when she gets put in carseat....usually every other time...i now put her in it with bib on :haha:

Well got peed on during the walk but walked fo over 2 hours...took a different route...must have walked 6 miles plus:happydance:

Loo I'm not sure TBH. The last time we were at the pediatricians (a few months ago) he mentioned that what I thought (correctly) was teething could be reflux. She has slept better and spit up less since following his instructions (Wedge under mattress and sit her upright for 30 minutes after each feed if possible). I've just noticed with Keira though that the fussiness at my left breast is random so not sure it is caused by teething or if the position when feeding from that side increases reflux at times? I was just wondering if anyone had a clue about that.

Emera - That game sounds way too cute! I love it!

Crowned - I wouldn't worry about the rolling. Every now and then Keira seems unable to do it for a day and then she will be back at it the next day!

OH is currently getting her dressed and he picked the outfit. Why am I afraid to see what she is wearing? lol

I was talking to my friend, who's expecting twins (she's 27 weeks already! :dance:) we met when our LOs were 3 weeks last time round. We were both saying we remembered conversations we had about feeding, weaning, poo, milestones etc. And how hung up we got on tiny things. :haha: our conclusion; its a bit scary being a first time mum, as you have no basis for comparison really, so tend to agonise and worry about every little thing. Its a lot less stressful but also different worries second time round. If your baby is gaining weight rather than losing weight, is cheerful most the time, and is producing wee and poo then they are probably just fine. ;). Everything else is fine tuning. ;)

FT - He put her in a slightly too big onesie so not too bad!

Better than too small, skadi! my DH always goes in the bin of too-small clothes to dress her, rather than her closet. Or he finds the fanciest dress he can find to put her in, for a normal play day. :dohh:

Agreed Skadi, too big is better than too small! OH has dressed F in a too small babygrow, apparently it was really hard to put on! :dohh: um, swap for a bigger one, you are right by the damn shelf of clothes! :dohh: Men! :wacko:

I think you are all misunderstanding the coconut ice cream. :rofl: it's not coconut flavored--it's made with coconut milk. So it's like non-creamy ice cream.

Lozza, we use a Tumblr with a password. Super easy to set up, and we can email pics directly from our phones. If you're going to use a real camera/computer combo to get the pictures, Dropbox might be easier. I love Dropbox for other stuff, never used it for photos. If you don't have it yet, let me offer to send you the referral email. :haha: (You get bonus space for referring people.)

Haven't caught up, must go check the baby. Just had to dispel all the coconut ice cream delusions.

Lozza not patronising at all...:thumbup: N feeds every 3ish hrs in the day so I keep an eye on the clock when I feed him so I have an idea if he's crying an hour later that its not food (I'm much less good at this at night time - don't seem to be able to add up number of hours between feeds at night :haha: :blush:)

dairy-free Mouse - coconut milk ice cream sounds lush to me!!!

Had a sunny evening here so took N on a big dog walk with the babybjorn - he loves facing forward :cloud9: kicking his legs and squealing at the dogs...cute!!!

We're having a film night tonight and DH is out buying popping corn :munch: :dance:

PS Go Murray!!! Woo!!
xx

Hey everyone,

Not been able to get on here over the past few days. Been really busy but not really done anything. Does anyone else have days like that?

It was so embarrassing today. I was doing the hoovering and the phone rang so Sam ran to it. I looked at the caller display and it was 'witheld' so I thought it was my mum because she is the only one who comes up witheld and she usually phones about twice a day! Anyway Sam answered it and said 'mummy doing hoovering' and then said 'mummy did a poo in the bath' and 'daddy hit mummy'. Now let me clarify I do NOT do a poo in the bath and my OH does NOT hit me but Sam is at the stage where he makes stuff up. Anyway I said can I speak to Granny so he passed the phone over and that's when I realised it wasn't my mum, it was the health visitor :shock: She was just doing a routine 3 month phonecall to see how I was!! Ooops! I said I was fine but goodness knows what she thought lol

Anyway I'm going to have a read back now

Oh Sambles!!! I truly laughed out loud at that one! You poor dear.... hopefully the HV knows what 2 year olds are like and thinks nothing of it!!

crowned - I really hope so. She seemed to find it funny but at least I've learnt my lesson. Do not let S answer the phone. Although he did tell the postman the other day that I did a poo in the bath as well!

Sambles - that's hilarious!
Mouse - yep feel free to email me the link - it's first name dot surname at gmail.com

Off to bed, Z fell asleep feeding at 7 so I'd expected a wake up to burp by now but 2 hours later he's still asleep. What's the betting he wakes as soon as I get into bed?!!

That is true... Slightly too big is much better than too small! I hide all the outgrown stuff in an old bed set bag on the top shelf of her closet so he won't be tempted to try those out.

We just got back from an afternoon at Ikea as OH has the week off. Mmmm hot dogs and frozen yogurt! So tasty!

Sambles that is so funny!

Lozza - I bet z will wake just as you're about to fall asleep. Hope you have a good night

Skadi - mmmm hotdogs sound delicious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"