March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Sambles, lol! DH thinks its a plot by your oh to teach him embarrassing things... Should I be worried that that's where DH's mind went immediately?

Ha ha tbh I thought that OH had told Sam to say it but he swears he didn't. He also keeps saying 'mummy and uncle Dean in the bath'. Uncle Dean being OH's best mate. I had no idea how to explain that one :haha: it's amazing what their little minds come up with!

Sambles, brilliant! :rofl: they are so funny! :D. I have to race Roh to the phone or he answers it too! :wacko: He usually says "hello! Let's see dragons, big scary ones!" As a standard greeting!?? Luckily not telling everyone I've pooed in the bath....yet! :haha:

Lozza - meant to say yesterday, glad Z gained a good amount of weight for you :thumbup:

Re dressing - OH is RUBBISH if I don't leave clothes out he has no clue what the hell to dress J in. Example: Sunday night I went for a nap so OH fed and 'supposedly' got J ready for bed. He put a too small baby-gro on him and then put the top and bottoms he had on all day back on OVER the top of the baby-gro!!! WTF!!! :shrug: I seriously will never understand what/why the hell he did that :shock:

Meant to say to lads who have a Morrisons near them. I don't shop there normally but nipped in to get a few things as was close by and they had Pampers Simply Dry (Orange pack) for less than £4 for 60 nappies!! Was limited to maximum of 6 packs per customer. I only bought 2 packs but wish I had bought more now :dohh: I have found them to be really good, as good as the green pack Pampers.

Still no rolling or movement here. I think he's just to fat to do anything :haha:
tried him on his tummy again today and he lasted about 2 minutes and then started whinging :roll: Tried him on the mat on his back with some toys at the side and nope....not interested. When I picked him up Lola came in and promptly curled up and lay on the mat....oops!

Meant to say Yay to E & MrsC for the STTN Fairy :thumbup:

Def not teething here. I think it's easy at this age to say that grizzly days are teething or the extra drool but I think a lot of times the extra drool comes from them learning more sounds etc. I'll be honest and say the girls never really grizzled much when cutting the first bottom teeth, one had 1st tooth at 6 months and one at 4 months. It's when the big buggers come through they got more whingey and I just used Calpol and teething gel, frozen flannels where good to chew on too.

I hate Ikea and their stupid instructions.

Agreed, Skadi! And the fact that none of the wall fixtures, shelves, curtain rods, etc come with screws to attach them to the wall anymore.... ugh.

Thanks Glow - ive been using the orange pack ones so will send DH to one, think he works near one! Also, I dud ask on FB but where's your ramones tshirt from?

Up at 11.15 and 3 so far. I'm sure it's wind again not hunger but feeding to keep quiet abs too tired to try anything else. Yawn.

Morning Lozza!!! :hi: think our boys are synced again. Yawn. N really snotty. Boo.

Hello ladies, thanks for the support regarding B's weight. As far as the health nurse was concerned she wasn't worried. According to her records his been traveling on the 25th percentile apart from when he had a huge growth spurt and shot up a few lines. He then returned to normal and has twice just slipped off the line to in between the 25th and 10th percentile. She said that if he kept slipping she would just suggest starting solids earlier then I had planned (6months).

Hope your all well..

Lozza and Waula, sorry for the crappy nights.. We got 8 1/2 hours last night for once!! I doubt it will last though!

Glow, I'm jealous that J is not teething. Unfortunately B is teething which wa confirmed today by the health nurse!! BOO!!

Sambles- Sorry about the mixed up phone call!! Hopefully she understood it wasn't true lol!!

Regarding movement, B has rolled a few times from tummy to back. He stopped all of a sudden though. Health nurse said it was normal.

Sorry I don't keep up very well! I do read what your all up to but figure not much point replying because generally you guys are asleep when I'm awake!! And you have already received lots of fantastic advice!!

Can't believe B is 4 month this Saturday!!! Where has time gone!!

So I guess she heard and understood my complaint regarding 4 am poops as she rescheduled to 2 am! Clearly not the solution I was looking for lol!

Wow! The babies are really getting old. Keira turns 6 months on Monday! What?!

Wouldluv, glad the health nurse was reassuring! :hugs:

I too am jealous of non-teething gummy babies!! F isn't grumpy all the time, but on and off she's really grizzly! I'm pretty sure ts because the top front ones are pushing down. Don't think they'll be through all that soon though. Its surprised me that F isn't all that dribbly. Roh it was like rivers, F is just blowing a few bubbles?

Right better get up and pack to go to my mums! :)

Wow, the babies are growing so fast!

We took G out for a 4th of July dinner with some friends... After fussing for me all afternoon, she was an angel and even laughed for our friend. Not cool, baby!

One friend is 35 weeks pregnant. She's getting nervous. She and her DH were talking about a list they'd found of stuff no one talks about to new moms, like not connecting instantly, and I was so glad that I had the March Mamas to turn to for all that stuff!

Sambles, you just made me and Al laugh with your stories. Kind of dreading that age',!!

Lozza, the Ramones tee is from h&m, though we could potentially have an awkward moment the next time we meet as J, D, AND Z will have one :rofl:

Hey lads

Wouldluv, I'm so glad you got to speak to someone and she had no concerns about B's weight. You've done a great job so far, I hope you can see that through the worries. Aren't citymouse, crowned and skadi on when you are?

Drooling....apparently, like Glow said, it has zip so do with teething, according to the Baby Bible we bought for 3am panics. Hence my refusal to believe E is. Friends were trying to pursuade me otherwise in Monday and though she *might* be be starting to teeth, with the fussy boob preference, I'm not convinced. Shall see what the HV thinks when she visits this morning.

Shots yesterday were fine Waula. Poor E, she smiled away at the nurses until the first of three needles had been in for a second or so. Then she crumbled. A short feed and carrying her home chilled her out though and she was fine after.

Mouse, I agree about the support. Thank god it's here. It was such a relief to find out other Mamas took a while to really connect with their babies unlike the rush of love everyone else writes about.

No STTN last night but pretty good. She went from 8pm to 4am and then 4:30am to 8am. I'm kind of glad she didn't STTN as my breasts HURT yesterday. This morning she fed from my left "I don't like you" breast quite happily. I hope that means we're through that little fad.

I keep meaning to post "yay", glad the pink cars gro got the seal of approval Loo. I bet D looks lovely in it. Some babygro's I have real trouble getting rid of. I have three stowed away, her first one we loved the best, the one I photographed her a lot in and the pink hearts one that came with the cars gro as it's my mother's favourite.

Wouldluv - so pleased the HV wasn't worried, sounds like you have a fairly helpful one, and don't stop posting on here, I've found some of your advice really useful, like that bore to sleep website!! There seem to be some very good Australian websites.

Z woke again at 5 and didn't want to go back to sleep so DH finally took him at 6, brought him back asleep at 7.15 and he's just woken now 2 he's later. I was trying to start a vague daytime routine this week just so that I can start to have some structure to the day and plan stuff like haircuts, but onto day 4 and every day has been different so far!! :dohh:

Loo - I might pass on the tshirt then! DH wants me to buy the superman one from Zulily!

New baby jo jingles class starts this morning but it's at 11 which now that he's woken up at 9 means I think he'll fall asleep mid class! I'm working on the basis of max 2 hours awake and it seems to be working, he's falling asleep pretty quick when I tell him it's nap time!

rashy - coconut milk icecream is even better
sambles - that was so funny haha
msC - g is dribbling loads, eating hands ertc but is NOT teething x

so this week has been full of crap news... will start with what is the least important...

the zumbathon has been moved to sep 15th due to weather. im gutted as the zumbathon was the first target i had when pregant to achieve. so it sounds silly but im pretty bummed about it. to makw matters worse im on holiday on sep 15th.......!

SO what im going to do if its ok with all of u who hv sponsored me; is do 2 hours of zumbathon in menorca at the same time its on here. DH is sorting the music for me and G will be in his tshirt. i will prob die in the heat but hey, all for a good cause. i will get DH to film a bit haha.

is that ok with you all

then the worst news.

after my uncle dying last week, one of my best friends mum went into a hospice last night - she has been riddled with cancers for 2 years - and she died this morning at 5.30am. she was an amazing person and im heartbroken for my friend.

so all in all i cant wait for this week to end. sorry for the downer lads.

oh and also G woke up at 2am and would NOT sleep.... never happened before. we ended up co-sleeping and he zonked out straight away!

weird.

morning lads,

got a sleepy milk-full baby on my lap, i don't want to put him down so i am enjoying sleepy cuddles... gonna miss this when i go back to work

got two more viewings booked for my house so fingers crossed one wants it, one lady is coming from over 2 hours away and is sold stc so im feeling positive

Morning lads

Poo in the bath! still making me giggle!

:hugs: FT I'm so sorry about your friends mum and all the bad news.
You zumba away on holiday though and that way your still meeting your target!

O is still really not right, yet there's nothing actually wrong with her. She's so clingy and grumbley though.
We did have one good thing this morning though, she wouldn't drink her milk from her bottle, she just pushed her lips together and refused to open them, so i put some milk in her beaker and after about 15 minuets she had drunk a good 2oz from it!! Think I'm gonna give her extra milk every day in it in the morning and afternoon from now on to get her used to it :)

Also we have decided to start weaning at the weekend! I know it's early but even though O is putting weight on she is slowly sliding lower and lower on the graph. Plus i think she's ready (though i could be wrong). It wont be more than a few mouthfulls of adifferent taste each day for a bit and we'll see how we go. Now we've decided to do it I'm quite scared haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->