March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Morning lads!
Gorgeous pics Skadi!
Growing up sooo fast...steal those sleepy cuddles whilst you can lads!!!
Lozza you alive???! Poor you and Z. Get back to that osteopath!!
Laura I think you absolutely should try and get some closure on your birth. Maybe speak with HV about having meeting with hospital, just to get some answers... :hugs:
Emera ugh travel sickness :( poor you and roh!! Hope you have fab weekend at your mums... X
MsC N has bit of a flat spot as he loves his playmat...does that mean cuddles could help?!?! X
N been grumpy as for past couple of days and he started snorting/coughing yesterday so seems it was a cold :( and now I've got a horrid sore throat :( and he's meant to gave his jabs today to add insult to injury...bah
Oh and DTD? What's that??! :dohh:

Emera - LOL @ Preferring Chocolate to DTD. So funny because its so true!

L&L - Wow 4 months!

Thanks about her pictures ladies! I wanted to document her first real swim but left my camera at home and had to use my phone! Grrr!

Waula, I highly doubt N's tiny bit of shaping has much to do with flathead syndrome. This baby's was very, very apparent. A bit of playmat love is very different. I think the only reason E shows no sign is she rarely is head straight back, it's always to one side. Not very good for meaningful eye contact during baby massage. Anyway, the main cause is a baby sleeping on its back. Something we're all told is right (now) hence flat patches being a bit unavoidable and not a judgement on parenting.

morning lads!

not much to say except i hope everyone had a good night!

xx

I know msC, sometimes the flat patches are huge aren't they. We won't be getting N a helmet JUST yet :winkwink:
I've cancelled jabs and we're going back to bed for a sleepy cuddle!
Hope noone gets flooded today, rain looking grim!!! X

F has a little flat spot on the back of her head, which is also bald, its from where she spends a lot of time in a bouncer chair at home. :blush: its only small though and not like some babies I've seen! Its unavoidable to some extent if they are in chairs, prams, carseats, playmats etc most the time. :shrug: it usually sorts itself out if its just little one they start rolling about and crawling etc. Unless its very severe.

MsC, F goes on and off bottles. She won't take one at all unless she's properly hungry! I wouldn't worry too much. Some babies will just skip a feed rather than take a bottle. And bearing in mind that our LOs are nearly 4 months (or actually 4 months in some cases :D) bottles are less of an issue than before as there is always the option of valved sippy cups, or even doidy cups, which can be held for them until they get the hang of it. So you could always see if E would be happier taking sips of milk rather than a bottle teat. :shrug: it can often be a better option for bf babies, as its totally different way of drinking, so they don't feel like you are trying to fob them off with fake boobie! :haha:

Thanks for the travel sick advice! Hopefully it will be ok, I'll just make sure he has air blowing on his face and has sips of water :shrug: don't think he can take tablets yet and t seems a bit ott. Just going to take a change of clothes and cover him with a towel for the journey. :wacko:

Waula - alive? Barely. He woke at 4.30 and has had a 45 min nap since. Ice emailed her. I spent an hour crying then handed him to DH at 6. Fed him at 8.15 but he doesn't finish as he wants to poo, now I'm feeding again after he sat on my lap and screamed for 5 minutes, he didn't want to feed or lie down, I've no idea what the matter is but my nipples hurt from being tugged on ( feels like bf in week 1 again!) and I'm tired. Just realised rhyme time is in 15 mins, I'm not even dressed. I actually only showered cos I put him in his cot (happy but drowsy) and walked off. He was wailing by the time I got out the shower.
Sorry for the moan.

Oh Lozza sounds pretty awful :hugs: sod rhyme time, get back to bed! Dig out the lansinoh. Hope he settles for you today. Maybe it's time for another NW lads lunch so they can all behave impeccably again!!!! X

It did! He passed out after feeding just before 10 so had to miss it. Pub lunch with some friends today, sure hell sleep through that!

Waula - another meet sounds lovely! Just not on a Friday afternoon...

Oh lozza:hugs:..make the most of his nap time x

just been out and got me a proper coffee...M on playmat..not having too much fun but batting toys like crazy aaaw

l&l 4 months old omg...too quick!!!!

Today is now feed for M...sainsburys trip while cleaners are here then off to Guildford to meet friend for coffee....tfif!!!!! College tomorrow which is going to be weird

Ooh and not sure if you ladies remember me being offered and turning down a new job when only 8 weeks pregnant...well they want to speak to me again!!!! Too early for a return.to work but interested to see what they want to say hmmmm

Oh looks like M thinks its time for another nap mmmm

Ooh, Mitch, I do remember that! Exciting!

Waula, sorry N is sick!

Lozza, glad Z got a bit more sleep.

Happy to hear we're not alone on the underactive DTD front!

G slept 9-3, could probably have gone longer but my boobs were giant and rock hard. Love that there's a place I can come at 3:30 am and say that. :haha:

Emera, can you link me to the cups and bottles you're talking about as I want to try her on cup feeding this weekend as a back up! I get confused by all the options tho'.

What do you do with a snotty grumpy baby when it's pouring down outside and you're hungry...into the carrier and make a massive lemon drizzle cake. For the vitamin C of course!!!!!

Mmmmmmm. Waula! Lemon drizzle cake! I'm so jealous.

Lozza, what a crap night. D definitely got worse after seeing the osteo 3 weeks ago, but seems better after this visit. He said that he did a lot of extra work on nerve endings last time and it may have been a bit too much for her. I hope your osteo has some answers.

Emera, sick smelling car...nice. On the upside, at least it's not your car... I hope Roh is feeling brighter now

Mouse, sorry for the massive boobs, but huzzah for the extra sleep!

MsC, I meant to say the other day Happy Vagas Anniversary!! I hope you get the bottle/cup thing sorted. xx

Dtd, well after our rough patch a few weeks ago I thought I best make an effort, and I'm quite glad I did. I'm actually enjoying it. A lot. Twice a day a lot :blush: Very much protected though. It's not the right time for another bambino yet.

D cried through baby sensory again. Gah. Just having one of those days where I'm a bit fed up that we can't do anything without tears or whinging. I know she's only a baby though blah blah blah

Twice a day???????? Shut up!!!!! :ignore:
Sorry for the moany baby sensory... It's quite full on for little babies, it's a bit much for N sometimes...sure they'll love it when they're a bit bigger...

does anyone know anything about oral thrush? I've just found two white patches on the inside of O's lip. She isn't in pain and is actually eating better today than she has all week and the rest of her mouth is fine. OH (a microbiologist) and FIL(a doctor) don't think it sounds like oral thrush but OH has said he will look at it tonight to make sure but in the mean time if any more appear or she acts in pain/gets temp ect i'm taking her to see someone, I just don't know what else it could be?? I have attached a picture but it's not very good, taking a picture inside a babies mouth is hard!

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 8
Emera, my DH gets travel sickness unless he looks out the window. No playing or reading for him in cars, just looking out the window, and I don't think it's a pavlovian thing for him....

DTD - it's pretty much back to pre-baby frequency, I'd say.

Oh so tired today. Went to book club last night so DH put A to bed. Got home at 11:15, she woke at 11:45...12:30...2:00...3:15...4:30...5:00 then up for the day. I'm a total wreck. Have to clean the house, get groceries, and bake today for company, except my oven's been broken since last saturday and landlord only half fixed it yesterday. Buying something from the bakery instead, I think.

EDIT TO ADD: l&l, I have no idea or knowledge about oral thrush, so I can't help much. Sorry!

Loo- Twice a day? Impressive!! Our DTD is definitely less frequent than twice a day, but we still manage once-ish per week. Usually we're so sleepy from the day that we'd both rather sleep, but periodically pushing through the exhaustion to have a little adult time helps me feel like like my own self for a little while. To those of you who are still BF... Emera is right. It certainly can affect your mojo. I think it's part hormonal/chemical and part mental. So don't worry too much. You'll find your comfort zone in due time.

Lozza- I feel exhausted for you just reading what all you're going through. :hugs: I hope the wind/sickies/sleeplessness get sorted soon.

Waula- A lemon drizzle cake sounds like a perfectly reasonable substitute for sunshine. :munch:

Mouse- With rock hard boobs, I can't imagine why you wouldn't feel up to DTD. :haha: I know they sound a lot sexier than they feel.

Skadi- Cute pics of K swimming. :flower:

Emera- It sounds like you're doing all that you can really do for now. Facing forward is a big help. Looking out the window can help too with the window cracked for fresh air. FX he'll outgrow it eventually. Back when I was a kid (before seatbelts or carseats were required!!), we used to sit in the very back portion of my dad's station wagon facing the back window. Pukeville!

AFM... It was a tale of two nights. On the one hand, we had actual real gut-busting laughter out of K for the first time. So that was fun. On the other hand, K woke up at midnight and refused to go back to sleep until I fed him. He guzzled 6 ounces, which is a lot for him in the middle of the night. (He usually doesn't get up until 4:00!!) An hour later, P woke up, needing to be soothed. An hour later, K woke up needing to be soothed. An hour later P woke up to eat. An hour later P woke up needing to be soothed. An hour later K overflowed his diaper. An hour later, mommy got up for work. It's going to be a coffee drip kind of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->