March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Wt....:haha: at use of word spazzy...made me giggle. We are very pc in this bloody country...ha ha

But the thing is, we are very PC in the US too! It's just that the word means something different here having no reference to any disability or physical ailment. It just means clumsy or jumpy -- it is generally a good natured teasing word like when I describe K. The wikipedia article points out that it showed up in an episode or two of Friends, and when aired in the UK caused a big controversy. Also Tiger Woods used it to describe his golf game which upset British audiences but didn't even register a blip here.

Anyway... I love being a part of an international mummy/mommy group so I can learn all of these new factoids (and mind my word-choice). :)

Waula and Laura- Hope you're all feel better soon. :hugs:

Mouse- Life must be fun with a shrieking mouselet. What does the pup think?

Lozza- Sending lots of sleepy vibes your direction. :sleep:

Oooo-er Loo in the back room :haha: remind me never to sit on THAT sofa if I come to your house again!!! :winkwink:
Not sure why your going in the back room though....we just do it in bed and J is in the room. Luckily the cot end faces our bed so I can't actually see him and we haven't woken him up yet. Mind you....sofa sex is more exciting :thumbup:

Gosh I'm really sorry for some of you ladies who are having such a tough time :nope: Lozza especially :hugs: I think a HV phone call would be good or like you say a visit to the GP.

L&L sorry for O and oral thrush...hopefully it will clear up quickly and might be linked to her teething.

Hope all of you have better nights :hugs::hugs:

Oh yeah and...

L&L - hope L's theush clears up soon hon - don't worry x

Citymouse - A is also letting out ear piercing shrieks that seem to scare her as much aas they do us! It was particularly alarming whilst coming downstairs yesterday... X

Wt - hope your gorgeous boys let you sleep lots tonight to make up ;-) x

Mitch - hope M is ok and just overtired x

I know there was more to reply...ahhhh, sponge brain...sorry lads!!

Xxxxx

Oh yeah and...

L&L - hope L's thrush clears up soon hon - don't worry x

Citymouse - A is also letting out ear piercing shrieks that seem to scare her as much as they do us! It was particularly alarming whilst coming downstairs yesterday... X

Wt - hope your gorgeous boys let you sleep lots tonight to make up ;-) x

Mitch - hope M is ok and just overtired x

I know there was more to reply...ahhhh, sponge brain...sorry lads!!

Xxxxx

Nicnak, glad I'm not alone. All I can think of is being in a restaurant and G just shrieking her head off... Just when I thought we were going to be a little mobile! Maybe she'll get bored of it.

Okay, I'd better go. Have to sew a mattress pad for the new pack and play mattress. Man, when they say extra firm they mean it! (I'm sure Loo knows what I mean. :haha: )

Lol'ing at whoever said Loo could write her own 50 Shades book. 50 shades of clothes covered in drool, spit-up, and baby pee?

Poor Lozza :( I hope things pick up for Z soon but I also hope you get an appointment with the quack quick smart. Don't hesitate to go to A&E (in a non panicky type way) if you feel you need to see someone before Monday.

Waula, poor you too :( FWIW, calpol probsably wouldn't have done owt for N's cold, but a bummer you have it too. As for bottle refusal, E has too. On the upside I tried her with a sippy cup and she kind of dug that. I also bought some latex teats which fit the Medela bottle as I'm wondering is she loathes the hardness of silicone teats. Worth a try? They're about 69p for 3 in your local chemist.

L&L, hope the thrush clears up soon. E had it yonks ago but it did need treatment, at least you got it diagnosed fast.

Citymouse, E does those screams/squeels too. My ears split. Everytime. But I smile sweetly at her in response. Then I snuffle her neck with kisses so she laughs and forgets about the squeeling.

WT, I blithly say, on occasion, 'spazz out'. clearly I shouldn't. Oh dear.

OK Loo, Miss Backroom Babe, I better pull my finger out (oo err), follow your inspiring lead and get some contraception. This sad summer of discontent must end. *sigh*

Result. E fell asleep this evening on the left breast having wholly rejected it last weekend and gradually decided it's not so bad.

Nicnak...welcome back..glad you.had a great holiday. Hoping this weather clears before our centre parks trip in 2 weeks. It is just the worst summer so.far for mat leave.....sucks!!!

Glow...made me giggle you avoiding THE sofa :haha:

Waula/laura....i never take offence or think.anyone on here is being patronising:flower:. M has always has very little wind and we are both pretty good (well i.am) at winding her several times during feeds. Wonder if hubby....and me....persevere as much as we should. A couple of times i have been winding her and given up thinking there was nothing there and this collosal burp comes out. It never gives her pain though. The vomming tends to happen when she has quaffed a bottle really quickly....greedy girl. Maybe i will pull her off bottle to burp more frequently. Its usually 3-4times for a 7oz feed. I think.she overeats as well and pukes up the excess:haha:....greedy girl indeed:kiss:

She is still kipping away x

Wt...they even renamed the 'said word' society (the charity group) to Scope so as not to offend. Gees...its ridiculous. Its a descriptive word should not be derogatory at all...but hey ho.

Yes. What is with all this shrieking? At first it was cute but after a week of being woken up by it in the morning its driving me insane. I thought it was so cute at first I put a video of her doing it on FB! lol! What the hell?! Bring on the babble and out with the constant shrieking!

I think the fairy got scared off by the drunk husband vomitting in the bathroom sink at 2am. Just after I'd managed to get Z back down after a 1.15 feed.

Really annoyingly I've not been able to get back to sleep since and it's now 4am! Z woke again at 3.30 just as I was dropping off, managed to cuddle him back to sleep without feeding though so he's now wrapped up in my arms. If I try and let go he stirs!

Think today is going to be a long day. DH had promised to help but the state he's in I can't see how that's going to happen.

And the dishwasher engineer couldn't figure out why our dishwasher has stopped working so I've a kitchen full of washing up to do, and a blocked bathroom sink. Think I might just pack a full changing bag and head out for the day on strike!

Waula - I agree GPs are pretty hopeless but hoping they'll refer me to a paediatrician. I'll cry on them if they don't, that should work.

ETA - today is really not the day for insomnia!! Woke up at 1.15 and it's now 6am and Z is very much awake. On the plus side he's spent the last 20mins farting which is a real achievement for him!

Yikes Lozza. Have fun with the two babies tomorrow! Sounds like it should be fun.

OMG! Sweet relief! OH fed her a bottle at her last feed (7:30 pm) as I wanted to get the dishes done, laundry started, garden watered and I also needed to straighten my hair. I was going to pump while he fed her but forgot with all the work I had ahead of me. I finally remembered at 11 as she wasn't even starting to stir and pumped a whole 5 oz! Wow! I haven't pumped that much since Keira was in the NICU still! Of course as soon as I finished i heard her wake up! I did manage to pop her soother in and rock the cradle to get her back to sleep though. I need to put her off for at least an hour or she is going to be a little frustrated. (or I'll have to feed her the precious milk I need for tomorrow!)

Hurrah for a decent pumping session Skadi. Having switched to pumping at 11pm I've been surprised at the amount.

Poor Lozza, I do think you should ship out today. A sicky husband is no help but yes, leave him the crappiest tasks, you need a break!

I am so tired. E's back to waking up twice a night now but because I've dropped the 11pm feed it's 3am and 5 am I'm being woken up which truly knackers the most decent stretch of sleep. Plus I've had nightmares so generally feel crabby and ruined.

She's been dumped unceremoniously in her cradle as she squeels and coos to herself as she's no interest in breakfast and I can't have any as there's no sodding milk in the house.

Bloody hell Lozza - what a crap night of it you've had :-( Poor you and Z xx press your doc for an appt as you need this cycle to stop or you'll go mad! Not sure how you're surviving hon - you're a star! Go and escape today and leave the washing up and sink to your hubby...grrr xx

AFM...well hubby woke up at 2.15am when A screamed (a miracle as he usually lies still and holds his breath...). Anyway he got up to feed her and was back in bed within half an hour! I asked if she'd burped properly and he said yup, she's fine! Hence, I've been up every hour since with a windy-miller baby - arrggh. She's now asleep on me aand I'm debating whether to go to bed or stay up and get on with holiday laundry, pah!

Hope you've all had better nights xXx

Oh Lozza - I'm soooo sorry but that post did make me laugh!!!! How the hell are you keeping sane??? I agree, get out and leave the hungover one to sort the dishes. Massive :hugs: and keep trumping Z!!!!

By the way at a 2am trumpy session (N, not me!) I did a bit of googling on windy babies and came up with this https://www.windi.info/about/index.aspx which made me giggle. I can't believe this is a product on amazon. Can you imagine!!!! :sick:

Waula - that's hilarious!!!! There are some lengths I would never go to though and I think that's one of them!!

Just got him down for a nap so will try and join him, I'm surprised how little sleep I seem to be able to cope on these days!

Oh ladies :( sorry for the bad nights.
My lovely OH dealt with O last night but she only woke once for a cuddle and once for a bottle. Means he,s still in bed now though.

Waula surly that could get messy???

O's mouth is the same as yesterday thankfully. Part of me expected it to get worse over night.

:-o

Waula, that contraption looks like something from an s&m armory. Ick.

Ok back in better spirits, despite wee everywhere thanks to a loosely done nappy (MrC).

Lozza, I sincerely hope you can escape for some relaxation. Can you express and make a run for a massage or something?

Edited to add: Spoke too soon.

Poo. Of biblical proportions.

Everywhere.

In her nappy. OK

In a new nappy 2 seconds after putting on. Hmmmm.

On the changing mat.

In two places

As we shifted her up away from it.

Poo on her foot. All a bit looser than normal.

Poor baby.

Holy mother of all that is good... G woke up hungry but also with a poopy diaper. In the time it took me to change her and then start feeding her, she cried as I have never heard another human being cry... Like, absolute fury.

I'm still kind of in shock. :shock:

MsC - that sounds like one hell of a poo!
Mouse - ive had a couple of those, horrible. Red face and tears streaming? Poor G. And poor you!

L&L i had a question about the gumigems before I invest in one - do you end up with a river of drool down your cleavage because of O chewing while it's round your neck? If so I might try one of their bracelets instead!

Hour and a half nap and now I feel worse than if I'd stayed awake!! I do have a massage voucher, maybe I'll see if they have any space today!

I haven't had drool all down my boobs yet but she does get a droll coverd hand from holding it and chewing so it could happen. I was thinking of getting a bracelet as well now as I can't leave her alone with the necklace to play with but could just give her the beacelet to hold herself in the car and when we're out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->