March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Well I logged on here to have a proper pity party, but you lads have made me laugh so much in response to my 'backroom' antics :rofl:

Lozza :hugs: hungover husband or not, I hope you get out and have a bit of time to yourself today, even if you can just shut the door to your bedroom and read a book (or nap!), try and take some time out. I hope Z is ok. xxx

MsC, nightmares are the worst. I go through spells of terrible ones. Not at all what you need when you are already sleep deprived. :hugs:

Lots of other stuff, but am terribly forgetful at the moment...

Waula, I hope you are feeling better? I hope N gets better with the bottle and it was just a one off.

All you mamas with crying/whining babes, I'm with you. D won't feed well, and is crying/whining between each feed. Which also means she int sleeping. Which means she starts screaming. Gah. :cry:

Going to hit some national trust today and hopefully bore her to sleep

:-( I'm sorry Loo.

E is having a similar out of sorts day; similarly plan to bore her at a church fair and wallpaper stripping.

Hope she can have a long enough feed to relax, just a little. Maybe sling her up for today?

Laddies, tell me I'm not a bad mommy. After G's middle of the night tantrum (there were no tears, she was just yelling her head off), I feel weirdly disconnected from her. I'm sure it will pass, but I liken it to if my DH had woken up in the middle of the night and screamed at me while I was trying to help him. :( I guess she hurt my feelings.

It doesn't help that I put her in her "I Love Mommy" onesie this morning and she promptly spat up all over it (and me).

I think the problem was that she breezed through her 7 pm feeding and so when she woke up (at one, which isn't typical for her) she was really, really hungry.

But I'm emotionally scarred by it, I guess. God help me when she's a teenager.

Mouse you're definitely not a bad mommy!! G will smile at you again later and you'll fall in love again. That's what happens to me at 5am anyway.

Z seems to have random yelling episodes, like just now. He won't feed from my left side today, don't know why? Unless he's suddenly started teething? I've possibly starved him most of the day as I only realised about 4pm that's why he was being fussy. Going to express now and try a full bottle sometime tomorrow to fill him up.

Mouse, I hate to admit it, but when D has been like that I feel the same. I've just said to Al this afternoon that I love her so much, but sometimes she makes me hate myself. My sole job at the moment is to look after her and make her happy, and all she does is whine/cry/scream. I get a bit of perspective later and know that it's not always like that, but for some reason we are having a pig of a time at the mo.

We went for a long 3 hour walk and she slept through half of it :yipee: but then had a super bad feed. I'm not sure what all the fussiness is about. There is loads of milk (I accidentally squirted her in the eye checking :rofl:) and I've not eaten anything that would make my milk taste funky. I just don't know what the hell is up?!?!

Sorry, that was a bit me me me. I'm feeding her early and putting her to bed an hour earlier than normal. I feel like I've lost a battle today

I just found out my cousin had her baby this morning and its a boy! So exciting! It's the first baby boy in our generation on my mothers side. He was almost 9 lbs! I can't wait to meet the chubbers!

Can I just say that D is having a good feed right now. Feel pretty stress free

Loo - don't worry, most of my posts seem to be me me me at the moment! Apologies everyone for that. Impressed by a 3 hr walk!

Z's also really unsettled tonight, I might just try laying off the dairy again, he did sleep better that second week off it do worth another go? He's feeding off left side now in rugby ball do maybe he just doesn't want to lie on his left side today? Odd.

Lozza, worth a try. I've been testing small amounts of soy and gluten for the past few days and G definitely seems more fussy. I think I can sneak in a little gluten but not soy.

:hugs: Loo... So nice to know I'm not alone. I got up this morning while she was chirping and cooing and all I wanted to do was snuggle with the dog. I'm sorry D is so fussy. Have you explored any possible dietary causes/food sensitivities? Hope you get her to bed and have a little Loo time (ha ha, you know what I mean...).

Anyway it seems I've returned the favor because I had G in the bathroom with me and she was dozing, and when I flushed it blew her mind. She was so startled she just froze, open-mouthed, staring at me. So now everybody's had their chance to damage everybody else emotionally and I suppose we can start fresh.

Hi lads

Hope you're all having a good day :)

Citymouse - no you're definitely not a bad mummy <3 x yelling is shocking esp when you're trying your best to help them. Our mummy feelings are new and these lovely little babies are still getting to know us and them us - so like any new relationship it only takes something small to hurt our feelings and feel wronged and hurt. You'll both forget this episode very soon xx

Afm...well I've been having a few 'problems' at home with OH :-( I've not posted here as didn't want a pity party for one. Basically I am feeling very let down with him lately. I really hope it improves soon :-(. Haven't bored you with details but may post soon with a pity warning (!) Sorry in advance lovelies but may need some non-biased, good advice ;-)

Lots love xxxxxx

Nicnak...we are always here to help and try and give impartial advice. But of course mammas are always in the right and OHs wrong....its just the way it has to be:haha:. Seriously big hugs:hugs:....hope you feel better soon x

Mouse....i totally get where you are coming from with the momentary loss in connection with M. Sometimes...and its not very often...when she is just generally whingy/crying/screaming i am like...you.are fed.....changed....have napped not long ago...i am doing all i can just TELL ME WHATS WRONG AND I WILL SORT IT. Stupid really she cant speak but i feel helpless and resentful i guess for want of a better word

Lozza...sounds like you are having a tough time....perhaps the dairy free will help again:shrug:. I would definately see the GP or speak to HV if things continue....just for your sanity to make sure nothing is wrong x x :hugs:

Skadi...congratulations on the baby boy x x

Sorry i havent been on....at college all day which was lovely to use my brain for a change but am knackered. The assignment is due for completiong October which is achievable....but they are expecting some work in between now and second seminar 28th july.....as part of a team....conference calls etc. Dont want to let them down but its going to be a struggle. Oh well guess it will only be 4-5 hours work:nope:...just feels weird

Hubby had M all day today...she was good and in bed when i got back....hubby passed out on sofa...think he appreciates what my days are like now. Totally recommend it...but i missed her:nope:. He went to.check out a new nursery up the road too...they had an open day...he was asked by at least 3 mums...'aaaw is it just the 2 of you':haha:....suppose they are so used to mums being involved. Will go check out myself next week....£61 per day......£1300 per month if full time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

Nic :hugs: vent if you need to.
Mitch £61 is a lot! Surrey prices.... I thought £52 here was bad enough.

I think I've found part of today's problem at least... Massively blocked left boob!! I've spent nearly an hour in the bath trying to massage/pump it out and failed, it's the whole left side of the boob! Agony! DH even offered to uh.. help with the suction.. I think that's a step too far. He didn't look like he actually wanted to.

Will try a dangle feed later and going to try alternating hot and cold now but any other suggestions? Can I take ibuprofen?

Might be a bit late posting, but Lozza yes to ibuprofen!
What is it with all of our shunned left boobs at the moment?! F is being really fussy with some feeds and great with others, but seems to have suddenly dropped her milk intake as I'm really sore and engorged! :( very uncomfortable. One side of my right boob is rock hard and feels hot, which is a little concerning. Like you Lozza I'm trying to massage it out, and I personally find that heat, and lots of it helps me the most, it seems to help everything loosen up and flow better. Just keep an eye out for feeling like you are getting the flu, as its a sign of the start of mastitis, yeowch!

I'm suffering with full on man flu! Roh's really not well bless him, i've got F in the bed and Roh in the cot tonight so I can keep an eye on him. Also have the wndow open and he's only got a thin blanket, as he's too hot. Poor thing. Think he has an ear infection or maybe just a bad cold. Either way he's being very brave bless him. :)

Ok F has gone off so me too, night lovely lads xxx

Yikes at boob problems!

My brother is having a housewarming this evening and there was a 7 week old baby here. He was so much bigger than Keira, I couldn't believe it but all he did was sleep and cry and feed. Keira wasn't like that at his age adjusted. Its so funny how different all babies are. I guess that is why you shouldn't compare babies though!

Nic, :hugs: you know we are here for you. My oh and I were having a crap time about a month ago. These gorgeous babies are flipping tough on relationships. :hugs:

Lozza, no dairy? :sad2: Sorry about the blocked boob bslightly amused by dh's reluctant offer of suction though. Now that's love!

Emera, poor Roh (and poor you). Are you back from your Mums yet? I hope you otherwise had a good weekend.

Mitch, the work sounds like a pain, but if you can break it down over the next three weeks then it should be do able. Glad to see that DH got to be 'mummy' for the day. It IS tough!!!

Mouse, amused at the story of G and the flush :haha: I had to feed D in the toilets at the hard rock cafe the other day and every time the hand drier went off she startled, broke off, got a wobbly lip, and gave me furious eyes before going back to feeding :haha:

Well, my putting D to bed an hour early paid off in her waking two hours earlier for her middle of the night feed *sigh*

And as a special treat? Mil phoned at 9pm last night to say that her and fil will be visiting today AT 10AM,!!! Crap. House is a right tip! Al is going to have to get up mightily early to tidy (his parents....not mine :rofl:)

And as a special treat? Mil phoned at 9pm last night to say that her and fil will be visiting today AT 10AM,!!! Crap. House is a right tip! Al is going to have to get up mightily early to tidy (his parents....not mine :rofl:)

:rofl:

Oh dear! A special treat indeed.

A year ago today i got my BFP....then a couple of weeks later found you laddies:kiss:

Hope everyones good...lozza hope your boobs are better, emera hope roh feels better soon x and loo hope the in laws visit goes ok

In other news....period still dragging on...no dtd...its getting really bad now...its been sooooo long. I am the only one on here not dtd:cry:. Hubby not pressuring which makes me feel worse!!

Mitch - you're not the only one, we've not either. At least you're probably sharing a bed!!

Loo - we've got inlaws too, house is a tip as Nathan did nothin mg yesterday except unblock the bathroom sink, which took some time. He left the house today at 7 to row, do I've now walked to costa with the paper. Hea promised to do it all but if I'm not in will have to!

Boob seems slightly better this morning so will keep an eye on it.

Lozza...have visions of you staring at your boob all day with one eye closed:haha:

Hope OH gets on the ball with cleaning
M had her usual morning nap....now crying inconsolably..not sure why. She may still be tired amazingly!!!! Hubby is walking her round house and all is quiet aaaah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->