March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Lozza, usnure if you asked for feeding times from everyone but if so, our 'on demand times' are a pretty consistant:

5am; 7am; 9am; 11am; 1:30pm; 3-4pm; 6pm; 8pm...... then start again at 5am.

xxxxx it will get better hunni - im sure this is just a blib and Z is prob just spurting. G changed HUGELY last week... seemed longer and just different. and that was the week he grizzled more and had the odd 3am feed!xxxx

Waula, glad you and N are improving. I'm still feeling crappy, but its just a cold, i'll get over it! We struggled to the docs and as suspected both Roh's ears are infected and his throat too, on top of the cold, poor thing! Antibiotics a-go-go!

With F's feeding, i'm just not feeding her unless its been at least 3 hours since the last one. :shrug: Seems happier with that, its just the sudden change has confused me! Means we are down to 6 feeds suddenly from 8+ night snacking. Just goes to show how much she was snacking unnecessarily! She's loads less windy, and a bit less vommy, but still doing some vom, i'd never expect her to totally cut out the vom! :haha:

Lozza, :hugs: I feel for you, it does sound like a patch, rather than a permanent thing if Z was down to 2-3 feeds over night, infact its exactly what F did. She was all good then went to snacking and not settling! :sleep: However i know you've had trouble with Z with wind and him being uncomfy for ages. I definitely think a trip to the docs is in order, although they are pretty useless with things like this on the whole sadly! :( Have you tried Z sleeping on his left side? It helps with digestion to lie like that, its how F settles best. I just put a rolled up towel so she can't roll onto her face. I'm sure this is all usless, as i bet you've tried everything, so sorry if i'm repeating stuff that doesn't work! :hugs:

Sambles, Ouch! :hugs: sorry to hear about the recurring thrush, what a nightmare, realy hope it clears up for both of you! :hugs:

L+L hope O gets over her thrush too with a bit of help! :hugs:

My tv aerial on the roof appears to be broken! :( No tv! :cry:

WoW L&L, that's a good stretch! Sorry O still has thrush though!

Our feeding pattern changes depending on when she poops (in the middle of the night). Generally though it goes 5 am, 8 am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8 pm (then either 11pm or 2am)

I haven't noticed any wind problems with Keira for ages. She seems to bring up any burps on her own and seems to mostly spit up if she starts straining to poop after a feed. We don't wind her unless she has had a bottle and we definitely don't use gripe water. When we were always winding her she seemed to suffer from terrible wind! I'm convinced that he winding makes it worse!

Omg how cute is it when they fall asleep nursing?!

Waula, I was thinking about N and bottles as E recently refused her avent bottle which she had fed from ok. Alarming as I need to be out at meetings.

I wondered if she just hated the silicone teats and have tried her on cheapo latex ones from the chemist - 3 for 69p - they fit the medela bottles that came with my pump. She had a bottle no problem yesterday, gulped it down. As a backup we also have a Tommee Tippee first sippy cup as Emera suggested which she didn't hate either. Sit N up and facing away from the bottle/cup giver, it makes life easier!

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/feeding-tools/alternative-feeding/
https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/first_cup_4_months/

No feeding pattern here, as we are suffering from the same thing as Lozza - up every hour through the night for almost a week now. I'm SO sleep deprived!! Not sure why either, as up until recently, A was a great sleeper and consistently needed only one or max two feeds during the night. Now I have no idea what to do. She can't be hungry every time, but only boob makes her go back to sleep. (I'll admit I haven't tried much else other than soother and gentle stroking though, as I'm SO tired I just feed her so we can both go back to sleep). The internet says it's a 4 month sleep regression and I just have to suffer through it :dohh:

Hmmm that feed from a bottle went well! NOT. Screaming hissy fit despite Avent/Avent natural flow/NUK latex bottle/DH giving bottle. Prob took 15ml tops and has fallen asleep. Hmmm could be an interesting week!!! :(

Ouch crowned :( hope A returns to normal soon!!! X

morning lads, just sticking my head in to say hello!

been busy with viewings and cleaning.

all well with me and R.

hope the rest of you are ok and hugs to those struggling x

Ok the NUK bottle just worked (ish) and he's back on the boob now recovering from the ordeal!!!! One feed per day of EBM in a bottle me thinks.

:hi: cuppie! Good luck with the viewings!

Waula, I think it's got to be a regular thing. During the campaign, E was fed with a bottle daily, since then it has been very haphazard. As a result she's grown to hate bottles in general. Partly it is about catching them at the right time. Today she got into a right stonk about it and only boob would pacify her. Yesterday it was fantabulous. I guess yesterday she was Hank Marvin, today less so and hence more fussy.

So sorry about all the sleep regression. E's sleeping is a bit all over the place, Last week (16 weeks I think, Loo? You remember) was a toughie. So this is week 17 and I'm curious. All that can get me through is some good Italian coffee.

And big squares of 85% cocoa chocolate. Obviously.

Edited to add: a friend advised, deadpan, that if you have a blocked duct, get a hairbrush with the little plastic bobbly end bits and brush your breast towards the nipple. Apparently you can feel the duct unblock and it works every time.

I've totally lost track of F's age in weeks! :haha:

I'd agree with MsC, F will take a bottle fine if she's properly hungry, otherwise, she'll muck about, drink next to nothing, scream for a whilst and then go to sleep! :dohh: You definitely need to do it when they are proper hungry. At a push try sippy cups, and even a large oral syringe. :shrug:

sorry about all the 4 month/wonder weeking sleep and feeding stonks! :hugs: just remember, "its all a phase!" :hugs:

Crowned - That sounds like torture! Does she nap fine during the day?

We have our 6 month shots tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finding out her weight too. I'm guessing just under 13lbs but we will see. She is still so tiny!

Mmmmm i am guessing M has the 4 month feeding/sleeping/crankiness/wonder weeks thing. She is due a feed around 3-3:30pm and about 2 ish started.kicking off...was sooo tired so put her down and she did all the thumb sucking and wouldnt settle...think she was probably sucking for food:shrug: so gave her 7oz bottle at 2:30 instead....quaffed the lot!!!! How guilty did i feel ha ha. She is probably needing a little extra

Question for ff ladies....have you noticed a slight shortening in gaps between feeds for your LOs?? She is usually 7:30am, 11:30am, 3:30pm and 6:15pm before bed....7oz all. Today she took her full 7oz at 7:30....had another 7oz at 11:15am and another 7oz at 2:30.....i am guessing i minght need a little 3-4oz feed in between now and bedtime. Yesterday at bedtime she took 8oz then passed out.

I am used to fixed gaps if you like with ff.....was obviously more on.demand with bf....but guess at certain ages you have to be more flexible and increase frequency/volume??:shrug:

Stupid question really...but want to be sure its that and not something else

Afternoon ladies

L&L - Hope o thrush clear up soon and doesnt bother her too much

Lozza - I agree with all the other ladies - you are doing amazing but i would defo go and get more advice. E has really started to settle ( not consistant) but most days / nights we are getting good runs ( this has been in the last 2 weeks or so). I really hope you guys get a break soon

Well i have now officially decided to stop breastfeeding. I am going to continue introducing bottles until we are only at morning and night feeds. Kinda sad but i think we are at a stage where we would be both be happy.

Im scared of forumla though - i could just boob on demand but how does it work with formula

Ive probably asked this before - i know she roughly needs 35 oz per 24 hours period for her weight.

E roughly take 4/5oz in the afternoon

going to bring a mid morning bottle in from next week

L xx

Crowned - That sounds like torture! Does she nap fine during the day?

It is torture.. :( She does nap normally during the day, so I try to sleep when she does. Good luck with the shots - hope K takes them well :flower:

im not sure how old R is in weeks either - about 14/15?

vitfa - im not help with the formula (sorry) but just wanted to say well done on making a decision that will work for you

announcement from me! it has been exactly one week since we put house on market and today we received an offer for the full asking price!!!! aaaaah! havent officially accepted yet because there is a long chain but most likely will!

Wow cupcake that's great news!!!
Vitfa - sorry no advice from me either, Mitch is your best bet havin done a seamless transition!

Looking at all your feeding times, maybe I'm just not feeding him enough?! Ft every 2 hours in the day is loads, but G pretty much goes through the night. The trouble is I no linger get clear hunger signs from him. This job is so hard sometimes!

Cinema was good, we were the only 5 people there so really took the pressure off making noise/mess etc! Saw snow white & the huntsman, it was ok. Loud though til I went and reminded them it was the baby showing and asked them to turn it down.

Hello, loves. This is about the 10th time that I've been on hoping to write a response, but my job keeps interfering with my BnB time! Sheesh. :haha:

Couple of quick things:

Blocked ducts- It sounds strange, but Ms.Crow's friend is right. A hairbrush with the little plastic tips on the bristles is a great tool for dealing with blocked ducts. Before I stopped BF, I was getting a blocked duct every few days. Take the brush into the shower with you and turn the water as hot as you can stand it. Lather your boobs up and then use the brush to massage the swollen portions. For me, it never worked instantly, but it would definitely clear a blocked region within 24 hours. Also, ibuprofen is your friend. It will make you feel so much better.

Regarding formula questions...

Vitfa-For young babies, pediatricians recommend you offer 2.5 ounces per pound of body weight. However, when they're bigger (like now), pediatricians say to offer 4-6 ounces every 3-4 hours up to 32 ounces per day. It really just depends on how often they eat and how big they are. By 6 months, most babies are taking 7-8 ounces in a single feed. However, they should not exceed 32 ounces in a 24 hour period. On the other end of the spectrum, if your 16 week baby is taking fewer than 20 ounces per day, not growing and/or not producing lots of wet diapers per day, you should check in with your HV or doctor.

Mitch- Sounds like M has to really catch up for all the calories she's missing between 7p.m. and 7a.m. :) Here's a example of P's feeding from yesterday:

2:30 a.m. - 4 oz;
5:30 a.m. - 6 oz;
10:30 - 3 oz;
1:30 - 6 oz
5:30 - 6 oz + a few small spoonfuls of brown rice cereal*
7:00 - 2 oz

K's is pretty similar, but the times are different since they can't seem to get on a schedule. :dohh:

*Yep, we've introduced cereal. We started at week 19 (last Friday). They are both taking it really well. I had planned to wait until they were 20 weeks, but the doctor thought a little cereal might help with all of P's vom. I think it is helping, but want to do it for a full week before really proclaiming that it has been a success.

Cuppie!!! Holy hell that's amazing!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->