March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Argh men! I'm currently sulking in the bedroom as men are dweebs who only think of themselves. Yes I know how I sound but ggrrr he pisses me off sometimes.

Mitch we've actually decreased the amount of milk O drinks and not sure why :shrug: asked the doc today who said she may have and is still feeling pooy from thrush. Sorry I couldn't be more help though. M is getting. Bigger so needing more milk would sound very normal.

We have drops for thrush now so fingers crossed it clears up soon.
Sambles I'm so sorry your both suffering to :( Are you using drops or gel for t? Apparently a lot of people have a lot of trouble with the drops not clearing it up, we have drops now so not sure if they'll work?0

L&L - sorry you're having problems with OH but I agree that men can sometimes be so selfish. Hope you sort it out :hugs:

We have got Daktarin gel for T because it works so much better than the Nystatin drops. If the drops don't work for O make sure you ask for the gel, it clears it up really quickly

Forgot stuff

Yay cuppie!! Amazing!!

Vitfa we still kinda feed on demand with FF and it changes day to day. Some times it's 4 oz Every 2.5 hours sometimes it's 6.5oz every 4 hours. I always offer 6oz roughly every 3 hours if not early if O gets grumpy. After a few weeks you'll get used to E's routines and e able to have a rough guess for each feed.

Cupcake....thats fantastic news about the offer:happydance:...is the house you want still available? Have you made an offer on that yet? Hope it all goes smoothly x

Vitfa....well done on your decision...you have your reasons and you seem ready to change:happydance:. Just be aware that i kept up the 2 feeds per day bf'ing and my supply really dropped off quickly at that point...but was probably also.due to the fact that M was sleeping sttn 13 hours....!!!! I started by making up 6oz feeds and she was taking around 4.5-5oz about every 3 hours initially but remember she was nearer 3 months old.

M now takes 7oz bottles and pretty much clears the lot.....she brings up a little sometimes cos shes a greedy guts.and overeats and sometimes doesnt take the whole thing....now she feeds at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 6:15....so not on demand as i need to make sure she gets enough in the 11 hours shes awake. Today she wanted the 3:30 feed at 2:30 so i fed her....quaffed the lot. Soooo we are changing things slightly....oh btw....... My cow and gate carton says a 4 month old should be getting around 7oz (210ml) feed x 5 per day...that means we either feed more frequently or up the volume. As wt says they state 2.5 (but some say 2) oz per lb of weight.

We are going for :-
7:30am - 7oz
11am - 7oz
2:30 - 7oz (may make up 8)
6:15 - 8oz
But may see how we go and bring in a small 4oz feed in between afternoon ones.

I would suggest feed on.demand initially....i did....then E will fall into a pattern and you can start to slightly increase volumes in the bottle. I didnt worry too much about her getting the exact amount of recommended ozs until i had completely.weaned off boob.

Hope that helps....it worked for me...i havent looked back since and ff was far easier than i thought....was scared of making up bottles wrong etc etc...overfeed...but M takes what she needs and i am getting her weighed tomorrow...i think she is gaining weight at the right level x x

Oh btw...i do not regret for a minute bf'ing for 12 weeks...the best decision i ever made...you should feel ver proud of yourself like i did. Now its just a new phase and M and i needed to.change

Let me know if you need any other advice but go with your inituition first.....E will fall into a routine of feeding rather than demand. M very rarely demands but is ready for bottle when i feed her :hugs:

She is 6 months old today! Holy Hell!

Her ExerSaucer finally arrived today and we got it setup. She LOVED it. She was screaming on her playmat so I picked her up and put her in it and she started giggling her head off! lol

Thank you so much mitch

I will continue to offer 5oz at lunchtime and not get to caught up in numbers until off boob

How did you drop feeds? Ive dropped afternoon but not sure where to go from threre - thinkung
mid morning
I have alot of milk and seem to engorg quickly

Thanks wt - bless the boys and there alter schedules -

X

Wow Skadi 6 months!!!! That's flown by!!

Started reading the blw book today as I ordered it off amazon, really interesting, specially a section about uk guidelines and the dates they changed (1974, 1994 and 2003) which I can quote to both grandparents if necessary as to why I'm not doing what they did!

i think R must be going through a growth spurt again, he is wanting to feed all the time,driving me mad! he also hasnt poo'd for 2 days now and normally he goes at least once a day maybe 2-3 times. hope he is ok, his tummy is soft but he is whingy.

house - im v excited and yes the house i want is still available. im going to telephone and make an offer tomorrow. got slightly mixed feelings because i love my current house so much but it is just too small, onto bigger and better things!

Thank you so much mitch

I will continue to offer 5oz at lunchtime and not get to caught up in numbers until off boob

How did you drop feeds? Ive dropped afternoon but not sure where to go from threre - thinkung
mid morning
I have alot of milk and seem to engorg quickly

Thanks wt - bless the boys and there alter schedules -

X

Vitfa....the first feed I introduced was around lunchtime - varied between 12-2pm. I wanted to make sure she didnt have any adverse reactions like wind etc. I worked out by this time I was bf'ing about 5 times per day (between 7.30am-6.30pm) maybe a couple of extra 1/2 feeds. I introduced the first bottle for one week before then changing to FF for last feed before bedtime. About another week later I changed to FF for the first thing in morning feed. So by week 3, I was pretty much FF, BF, FF, BF, FF (with maybe some top ups with bf in between). I then noticed my supply was really affected and engorgement had dropped off so totally switched to all FF.

I think in total I did the whole conversion over 4-5 weeks ish

Good luck with the offer on house Cupcake:thumbup:

im in shock! we have just had a second offer! this one is too low though and has been rejected.

im not going to feed R at 11pm tonight, im hoping he will still sleep until 5am as usual.... fingers crossed

Looks like all the cleaning effort paid off then cupcake! Your house must be fabulous to sell so quickly in this market!

hmm not sure about fabulous but it is rather full of cottage charm!

busy researching mortgages and boring stuff like that now. nervous of making the offer tomorrow. the house is on for offers over £350k and we are planning on offering £336k and hoping to settle at £340k. no idea if this is just wishful thinking though.

anybody not 'dream feed' or late night feed regularly?

Congratulations Cupcake and I think £340k sounds reasonable.

I recently dropped a dreamfeed or late night feed. E drops off at 8pm and as a legacy of her being little I was waking her up at 11pm for a change and feed, partly in the hope should would go longer towards morning. It wasn't happening and it seemed rotten to wake her so I dropped the 11pm one. Apart from one night when she slept through the night she's been a little all over the place but is starting to wake up around 3am and then again around 7am.

Previous to dropping the feed she would wake up at about 4am and then again around 7am so not much difference really.

thanks MsC, i was doing late night feed but it doesnt seem to make him last that long so im hoping that by dropping it he will still sleep as long. will report back tomorrow! glad to hear that you dont think my proposed offer is too low!

off to bed now, night night x

As you're stopping 11pm feeds cuppie I'm giving them a go again!!!!
Awesome news on the house!!! 2 offers in one day is immense!
Night all...
Lozza good luck tonight xx

Cupcake....the dream geed for M made no difference.....maybe got us an extra half hour but at 2-3am at the time was neither here nor there. She was syill quite young when i gave it up and was going to retry around 9 weeks then she started not waking til morning so didnt have too. A couple of my friends used to dream feed but gave it up as it didnt give them any longer.

Good luck with offer...sounds reasonable. Are the people buying from you in a chain or can complete quickly? Gives you bargaining power if you are attractive to them. Fingers crossed x

AFM....we booked our holiday in September!!!!!:happydance:. Off to Spain for some sunshine...looks like a lovely resort...very family orientated but hey suppose gotta get used to that. All inclusive which is great...my.only.thought is if shes on solids by then...what do we do?? Take a load of jars/pouches i.guess...good thing is that its an apartment so.has a kitchen area. So Centre Parcs in 2 weeks and Spain in 2 months woooop

Bed for me...night ladies x

Cupcake, you must be so happy that there's so much interest! Even if one of the offers was low, it shows your house is ready to move!

Like MsC, I've found that waking for a later feed very rarely makes any kind of difference. Once in a while it will get us to 4:30 instead of 3:30, but not consistently enough to make it worthwhile to go through a whole feed at 11 pm. Especially since I'd rather just get to bed at that point!

Anyone else feeling desperate for ways to entertain your babies? I feel like I have a few tricks and G is starting to see through them. It's too hot to take her out in the stroller and I could go shopping but I feel like that would just encourage me to spend money. (Granted, we do need food in the house... funny how that's not where my mind goes when I think about shopping!)

I got the Jumperoo out of storage and set it up... set G in it and she marveled for about three minutes then melted down. Too much information, I guess! On the plus side, she immediately conked out for a nap.

Yay for an offer on the house Cuppie...sooooooooooooo quick must mean your offer on the house you want WILL be excepted because it all sounds like it was meant to be :winkwink:

Lozza - I'm stuck between 1994 & 2003 according to your book :rofl: so I'm probably doing things different to everyone else :haha: mind you, I tend to go with the flow and never really stick to guidelines anyway :blush:

Vitfa - :wacko: I'm a bit opposite to Mitch really and never make a note of what and when J has his feeds. Obviously I always remember on a day to day basis what and roughly how much he had over that particular day but there is no set regime. I couldn't tell you really what he's had in ounces today, all I know is he's been happy all day and fed when I think he needed fed and he's now in bed :thumbup: hopefully will sttn but if not will only be up once.
Once he starts draining a few bottles, (for example now he has 6oz) I then start to gradually up them all to 7oz. He's gaining weight nicely, he's now 14lbs 10oz so gained 12oz in last 2 weeks and sticking to his just over 50th centile line.
E is quite a big girl weight wise so I would probably start her on 6oz and then gauge it from there :thumbup: Mitch has given you some great advice about switching over.

Waula - mmmmmmmm wanking a dog....lurrrrrrrrrvely :rofl: :shock: I've never done that but have had to ermmmmmmm assist in a couple of matings :dohh: :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->