March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I was talking to a girl at weigh in clinic today about Dream Feeds and she said she was waking her baby up at 10.30pm every night for a DF and now he is waking up for it himself :roll: so she's actually inadvertently introduced a feed he didn't really need so she's stopping doing it :winkwink:

Yay for holidays Mitch - you lucky girl!!

Mouse - the baby centre website crowned posted a few weeks back has some good games, Z loves to fly on my birthing ball! I suppose that's the one good thing about it not beig hot here, you can get out and walk. He's almost easier to entertain actually just lying him on a picnic rug on the carpet with a couple of toys. He lasted longer on that this evening than on his gym. We've also just put the door bouncer up which he seems to like but I have to make sure he doesn't bounce into the frame!

Took us a while to get him down tonight, from 6.15 to 8.15 but he has lasted 3 hours which is better than recent nights. I came to bed about 10 and couldn't sleep so was expecting him to do a mammoth stretch as it seems to be sods law when I can't sleep, I was almost pleased he woke :haha:

Mitch - holiday sounds lovely. If she's on solids by then I dont see any reason you can't just give her bits of what you're having? Otherwise sure the restaurant would purée stuff for you.

Ft - I know you asked about wonder weeks - if you google wonder weeks babies the website is quite interesting, or somewhere on baby club someone has put a long thread up which they've copied the salient points into.

Glow - you don't need books, you have practice! I need them to be able to quote out of to DH when he wonders what the hell I'm doing!!

Oh, and kazeraggi and blue_bird, I often see you're reading this thread.... You're welcome to join you know!

Having posted about dropping the dreamed E has woken up just as we've got into bed, wanting a feed. I forgot she did this last night too. Guess she's heading into a growth spurt?!

Glow, aaaaggghhhh, my eyes, they are seared with the words "assisted with a mating".

Books are definitely handy for waving at other people if they try to tell you you're doing something wrong! Or beating them over the head! :haha:

OH is being a total prat tonight! :dohh: he's not winding me up, but seriously, he needs to sort his shizz out! :nope:

MsC damn, I'd just about managed to blank that out! :argh:

I used to work at dog shows (for tv) and one time I stopped to say hi to a Cavalier since I was missing mine... His owner said it was his first show (the dog's) and he'd just been to the "collection" tent... We figured he thought dog shows were the best thing ever. :haha:

My dog has never mated with anything but stuffed animals, dog beds, and a footstool. But I have assisted with that by giving him a toy that's a giant blue stuffed octopus with its legs tied around a fuzzy green pillow. It's name is Girlfriend and the poor dear has had a bit of a rough life. :rofl:

Edit: yes, our longtime lurkers... You must have babies around our babies' ages... Aren't you ever dying to chime in?

Lozza - to be fair I'm sure I would find them interesting just can't be bothered and I've probably forgotten that I was probably exactly the same when I had my first :winkwink: Mind you all we got given was the book in your Bounty Pack and that was it!! We had no t'interweb so unless you trudged to the Library that was pretty much it :shrug: bit crap really.

Basically - if anyone wants a blocked duct unblocking or any assistance in the 'mating' department...I'm your girl :rofl: :rofl:

Emera - what's OH up to :shrug:

:shock: that HORRIBLE moment when a spider runs right past your foot and you spot it out of the corner of your eye :shock:

Way to scare off the shy mamas, Glowie! :rofl: "Gee, I was going to post and then one of them offered to massage my boobs and help me get it on with my OH."

I had a coffee at 11 this morning, forgot to ask for decaff and I can't sleep!! Z just woke again though so at least I have something to do with my night :dohh:

Mouse - poor "girlfriend"!!

We are SUCH a classy bunch.

Need I add......swamp crotch?

Ok, here I am, up again, feeding E. There's something funky wrong this evening.

Oh helloooo Lozza! Good company at least.

There must be something going on. Keira has been acting pretty crazy for the last 5 hours. She is finally asleep now but previous to this the only time she would stop screaming was when i was giving her a bath!

Hi ladies,

First of all, I feel that I should apologise for lurking around this thread for so long. I've been following your journeys now for months and months....since the early days of my pregnancy, truth be told.
It's not that I haven't wanted to introduce myself, or contribute to the thread, moreso that I never felt that I would have the time to be a valuable member so thought it best to stay quiet! Also, I've never joined an online forum before (some would call me a virgin ha ha !), so this is all pretty new. I feel dreadfully embarrassed for leaving it so long and for reading your thread surreptitiously, but my intentions have never been anything but honourable.

That said, the times I have considered posting I have always thought to myself that I had something very important to say to all of you.

Thank you.

Thank you for being the most friendly, caring, open-minded, supportive, lovely, hilarious and just downright wonderful group of women I have ever encountered.
You are not my friends and I know none of you, but simply reading how wonderful you all are to each other has warmed my heart and cheered me up countless times. It is not an exaggeration to state that on some level, reading your forum has gotten me through some rough times myself.

It seems only fair that I share at least some details of my life with you - I'm Irish, in my mid-thirties and moved to Seattle approx 15 months ago with my husband. The move was career-related and we both have pretty full-on jobs, but managed to find enough time to get pregnant last year :)

Z-o-e was born on March 14th and we have both fallen utterly and hopelessly in love with her. She is a perfect, healthy little girl....with the most voracious appetite! I am bf'ing exclusively so haven't slept much in the last 4 months. Herself still hasn't managed to cotton on to sleeping for more than 3hrs consecutively :)

Still, I'm surviving...albeit with regular moments of dementia and lashing out at DH (its their job to be a punching bag, right?!).

That's me in a nutshell. Let me reiterate - I think you are all just the most fabulous, amazing women. And obviously fantastic mothers to your bundles of joy too. It had been my absolute pleasure to read this thread and I sincerely hope you haven't taken offence at my hanging back.

Thank you all so much :)

Yay! :dance:

Though you make us sound way better than we are. :rofl: I hope you'll stay "out" now that you're here... We have 30-something-thousand posts that prove you don't ever need to have anything significant to say to be part of the conversation. ;)

To be honest I don't even really think of you as a lurker, I just figure you as a much quieter member of the group! And congratulations on your bebe!

Well I was just about to post a pouty message that I'm up AGAIN with E, 2 hours later, but instead I've found Kazeraggi's cool introduction instead. *waves* hello! You sound lovely, lurk, or hopefully post, as much or as little as you fancy. Z sounds like a doll, are you still off work despite the manic bfing?

Damn. I just sneezed and woke up E enough for her to latch on again.

Hellooooooo!!!
Am so pleased you introduced yourself, I do remember seeing your name on the pregnancy thread too so it's nice to finally meet you and as mouse says, no need to have anything useful to say, we've just filled a page on "milking dogs" and you'll have read some of the other random conversations I'm sure! Anyway, welcome along and thanks for the lovely words!! And I know how you feel about the sleep, must be something to do with babies called Z :hugs:
In fact there's a theory for us.... The sttn fairy works in alphabetical order and that's why we're last. :haha:

Yay! It's lovely to finally meet you, Kazeraggi! Z sounds wonderful. How are you liking Seattle?

Mouse, :rofl: at Girlfriend.

Glowie, I remember child rearing back in the days before The Google and widespread interwebs. :haha: In fact, I was recently wondering if DS1 might have gotten over his colic if I'd have known about the millions of things to try that are all over the web. :shrug:

Anyway... off to sleep. Just fed P. No telling when K will wake up. Probably 10 minutes after I fall asleep. :dohh:

What a lovely post to.wake up to this morning and hello kazeraggi!!!!:flower: What lovely thibgs you have said about us ladies and hope we have given you some laughs over the last few months x I must agree...though i am biased...that i love every single person on here and i wouldnt have remained sane for the last 12 months without them...from symptom sharing to OH bashing to food cravings to childbirth and ultimately sleepless nights. Glad you are having a wonderful experience with Z....and get those posting numbers up.by dipping to see us...even if only occasionally. Oh btw....still raining in.Seattle???:haha:. I spent alot of time there and around the Portland area a few years back

Well that has thrown.anything i want to.say into disarray.

Regards book reading and internet trawlibg....i tend to.dip in and out of stuff like that...i suppose to get initial guidance then i go with my instincts i guess. Regards.ff....i suppose i do try to keep an eye on.volumes M getting just cos i am concerned she neve.wakes for food during night....want to.ensure she is still gaining i.guess....

On that note....weigh in today which is the first totally ff 4 weeks so maybe i will relax a little after that:kiss:

Hey Mitch, I'm dragging my sorry, tired arse to take E to be weighed too.

Up every two hours, what happened?

Hi ladies,

:blush:

Think I am in the same boat as kazeraggi... as in apologising for lurking for such a long time without posting - but also in thanking you guys for being so open and honest. There are times when reading your posts - that I have an 'hallelujah' moment - and am thankful that the thoughts and feelings that I am going through - are 'normal'

I have a terrible habit of logging on - and leaving the PC on for days at a time - so it may look like I am on all the time - but really I'm just lazy....

I had also followed the other thread and although I did introduce myself on that thread - it moved sooooo quickly - I just couldn't keep up! Then with seeing that this was a closed group - didn't want to intrude....

So.... seen as I know about you guys - only fair I share some details with you.... I'm 36, and live in Swinton, Manchester, have been with my partner for 18 years (never quite got round to getting married.....) Matthew was born by emergency section on Tuesday 6th March at St Mary's (all happened sooo quickly - my partner was called at 9:10am - and I had Matthew by 09:59am - so my OH missed the birth and was greeted by a doctor congratulating him on his son.....?!?) I have rheumatoid arthritis - and have had some real bad flare up's recently - to the point where I can hardly pick up my boy - soooo frustrating! I did start off by exclusively b/feeding but although I was being told that I was doing everything ok - and latching looked fine..... M's just kept loosing weight. I was instructed to top up with formula - had a torrid time of it to be honest - and my supply fell real quickly.... which made me f/feed only from about 4 weeks.

I don't know many people with children - but it's great to hear that they are all growing and thriving in different ways.

I have a hospital appointment shortly - so will have to brave the rush hour traffic - haven't done this in a while - should be fun!!!

Thank you for letting me lurk for such a long time - and, like kazeraggi, I sincerely hope you haven't taken offence at my hanging back.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->