March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Hi Missy,

2 lurked have finally introduced themselves... Kazeraggi and bluebird
Mitch then posted about poo to scare them off.
Emera got angry with a bus driver, cupcake appears to have sold her house within a week
And glow & Waula have done things to dogs you don't want to know about.

Oh, and the sttn fairy is still beig selective, I've not met her.

:rofl: @ Lozza

Yep Missy things have been discussed which I don't think you want to hear about :haha:

The sttn fairy is a bit hit and miss here sometimes she comes sometimes she doesn't but on the nights she doesn't the evil 'stuff the dummy' in babies mouth witch comes instead :haha:

Happy 4 months T :thumbup::flower:

Ha! thanks lozza!

welcome new lads!

Cuppie, that is amazing, you obvs live in an amazing mansion. COngrats.

Going to have to read back about the dogs and the bus. They sound fun.

Oh and since I mentioned Ts amazing sleeping habits he's got worse and worse, the fairy has offically naffed off from me. Grrr
x

Oh mitch my heart goes out to you - i agree with nic - get lots of you and M now

I need to do the same as have hardly any nice ones

Well my boobs survived the day had to pump twice while E was away with my parents - Have a wedding saturday - taking pump with me :) rock and roll

Skadi - hope keira is ok after her shots

Missy - welcome back -

Thanks Vitfa. She screamed for a few seconds but then then was fine after. I just put her down for a nap so we will see when she wakes up how she is.

She is now 58 cm long with a 38 cm head circumference, weighing 4.9kg (10.8 lbs). So as you can see... still tiny. She is in the 5-10th percentile for weight, 25th for height and I think she said 5th for head. The Dr was very happy with her growth though as she is steadily growing still. I can't believe she is still the size of some peoples newborns though!

Awww Skadi but look how teeny she was :kiss: she looks like a chunky monkey in her pics so sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about :flower:

Thanks Glow! That is true, I just thought she would weight a little more by now especially since everyone else's babies seem to be gaining weight so nicely!

Have read back, not much time to comment!!

Welcome new ladies and I wanted to also invite sillysmiles on.. I always see you reading!! Your very welcome to join!

Skadi, my boys were not as premature as Keira, but at about the 2 month mark, I was really surprised (disappointed?) that so many of the March babies who were born a month later were already surpassing them in growth. Of course, like your doctor, my doctor was thrilled at how well they were growing. P had doubled his birth weight even though he was still not even on the growth chart. So, I just had to shift my view of their growth. My doctor said it could take up to 9 months before they settled into their "real" growth curve, and my babies were only 4 weeks early. So, looking at Keira, it's truly amazing that she's has those precious chubby cheeks and that she's going to be crawling circles around all of our lazy boys. :haha: You should pat yourself on the back for BF a preemie to such a healthy, gorgeous place. :hugs:

Mitch- So sorry about the lost pictures. I have similar feelings about not having pictures to look at of the early days, but it's not because I lost the pics. Rather, they were in the NICU so it was hard to get very many good pics.

I'm watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. Why do I do this to myself? Maybe I should just go to bed.

Sweet dreams, lads.

WT - Thank you, that brought me to tears. (In a good way!) Also about the photos, we have the same issue... obviously I got a lot of pictures of her in the NICU and I was lucky enough to have gotten one within minutes of her birth. (Although I was still in a bit of shock and didn't direct anyone to make sure I was actually in the pictures too rather than just my hand! It's just not the same as having lovely full term baby hospital pics.

I really appreciate having all you ladies here you are all such great support. I can honestly say I don't think I would have gotten through our NICU stay without you all! <3

Mitch :hugs: I've not got any of those early early photographs either (both covered in goo, me looking like I've just spent 12 hours in labour or something). Why? Because Al didn't take any. Rediculously there is one of HIM that the midwife took when he was doing skin to skin, but not of me and D. He said that it's because I had to go into theatre as the placenta didn't come out, but there aren't any of us both until she was about 18 hours old. Like you say, I'll never have that moment again so I can understand exactly how upset you are :hugs:

Skadi, Kiera is beautiful and a testament to your hard work and love. In 6 months she has come an incredibly long way, and that's down to you! So what if other babies weigh more? Her development is fantastic, and she looks gorgeous and healthy. Those are the things that count :hugs:

Missy :hi: glad to see you back.

HV later. I'm going to ask that she doesn't weigh D. I don't want to be stressed out by it. She has been so fussy and what not this week that I want to get over this period before weighing In case she's not put weight on and I start doubting myself for bf again. She was only weighed 2 weeks ago so I hope she agrees. Also D's had a tummy bug I think. She's gone from pooing every 3-4 days to having 6 in 3 days, some poonamis. Ill obviously ask the HV about that though.

Hi everybody,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. You're all very kind. I would love to join ye and will do my best to contribute regularly :)

MsC, CityMouse, Mitch - Seattle is great! Definitely very rainy, but would you believe its super hot at the mo, 30 degrees most days and no AC so poor wee Z spending most days nekkid in her nappy :)

Loo - there is still a great underground music scene here, although I haven't had a chance to experience much of it ;) Was starting to get into a good local band, The Head and The Heart...nothing like Nirvana et al but worth checking out. Z loves them :)

Lozza - your message made me giggle proper :) The sttn fairy is obviously last coming to us....and by the time she arrives, she'll have had so much practice our babies will sleep 12hrs straight immediately! We can dream, heh? ;)

So we are actually flying home to Ireland tomorrow. Yes, we're taking our nearly 4 month old on a 20hr long-haul journey. Suffice to say, its like a military operation! I'm pretty nervous that she'll have a meltdown (or several), but hopefully she will sleep most of the way. Fingers crossed!

I'm so sorry for everybody experiencing this awful sleep deprivation....of course its no consolation that we're going through exactly the same thing (2/3 he stretches max)...but in my brief and fleeting moments of lucidity, I remember that this will not last.
We *will* sleep again, ladies. And when we do, these crazy days will be a distant memory.

I don't know about you guys, but it helps me to firmly stick my head in the sand. Forget that my baby should be sleeping better by now, ignore the fact that I am demented with lack of sleep.....and at all costs try not to feel sorry for myself, because I start crying uncontrollably!

Fingers and toes crossed for better sleep for everybody tonight :)

:hugs:

Loo - Thank you for the reminder! :) I think someone needs to remind YOU not to worry about Ds weight. I think a lot of women would have given up BF completely after all the issues you went through to get to where she/you are now! We are ALL amazing mothers!

Loo, did I mistakenly compliment you on D's weight a couple says ago? I'm sorry! Tactless mommy brain. I wonder who I actually meant to compliment. :dohh:

You lads are doing great--weight is just a number, and it can go up and down by several ounces depending on the time you take it. Don't worry, your babies are gorgeous and healthy!

Kaz (you are officially nicknamed ;)), I've been to Seattle once and loved it. Much more suited to my skin tone and outdoor style than southern California! We went to a wedding on Bainbridge and it was so quaint and adorable. Plus I got a huge nerdy kick out of the ferry. Have fun on your trip! I love Ireland... I went there in '06 and want to go back so much!

G napped from 6:30-9:15, ate, and then was ready for bed. Far be it from me to stand in her way!

DH leaves town Thursday... For six days. Ulp. I've been in denial about it!

City I don't think you did, D cheerfully entered double figure territory if I remember right :)

Loo I agree, you need a break from the weigh ins. FWIW, I don't think it's a stomach bug (that would have been copious and overly regular poo) as E had a similar thing last week, lots of poo, a bit watery but not smelly, more times than usual over a couple of days. I put it down to something I had eaten in a greater quantity. Probably orange juice.

Kaz, i think the STTN fairy has buggered off for those of us that had it once, or were eeking our way to only one visit from the Two Hourly Waking Troll (THWT). Bah. At least you have a sunny disposition about it all. Good luck for the flight. I suspect, once you take off, the air pressure will knock Z out for long stretches.

I'm sorry about the photograph thing lads :( Mitch I guess you understand why I obsessively use dropbox but still, it's a shame. I hope you have some images locked in your memory.

E has woken up 1.5 hours after a feed and has been EAR SPLITTINGLY SQUEELING for the past half hour. I offered her boob in case she's nod off after but she ate a bit, looked up, smiled, giggled and carried on squeeling. Me and my headache are taking refuge down in the kitchen as I've left E up to it in her cradle.

:haha: the two hour waking troll :haha: Love it, I think he's renting a room with us.ighy give him notice to move out...

Swimming this morning, predicting a tough session as will be either tired or hungry or both.

Kas - good luck on the flight. We only did a 2.5 hour flight a couple of weeks ago but I found the white noise seemed to send Z off to sleep much easier than at home. Just be ready to bf on takeoff when her ears will hurt a bit. Have fun visiting home!

MrsCrow - Keira is doing the same right now. Perhaps they are trying to communicate. Squeeling at 3 am is Never cute. Well at least the giggling is better than crying?!

Kaz...good luck with the flight. We are planning to go back.to South Africa early next year to.visit hubbys family....cant face it this year and they wont bother to come over to see M makes me a bit sad. Anyway M will be about a year old when we go....i think its alot eadier when they are younger. We are taking a 2.5hours flight in September...but nervous

sttn fairy is still in residence here....sorry ladies but i.am sure there must be more than one:shrug:

Weather looks like its going to.be crap here today...non shocker:cry:..so in preparation a few of us nct girls are heading around to someones house for a dvd afternoon....baboed on playmats and chick flick on TV

Right M snoozing again....off for a shower x

Squeeling at 3 am is Never cute. Well at least the giggling is better than crying?!

Ha! No it is not. It is not cute in any way. Especially when it occurs just an hour after you went back to sleep.

Giggling is great, except when it degenerates into the squeels which then degenerate into a slightly derranged cry. Fortunately, after I had extracated her day blanket from over her head, she finally re-conked back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->