March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I wish her problem were as simple. We have now moved on to screaming. After OH decided that playing with her in the cradle and then dissapearing to shower was a great solution? She seems rather angry at some "guy" as she keeps screaming out "Guuuuuuuy"
I am going to assume she means OH. Lol

Where do.your LOs sleep during the day now? Morning naps...afternoon.etc....in their cot in nursery, sofa, floor, carrycots downstairs?? Or wherever they want :haha:

Skadi, you can't really compare prem babies to term babies, and you shouldn't because you won't do Keira justice, yes she's little, but she's beautiful and coming on so well, I'm sure that dispite your worries you are bursting with pride! She'll catch up in her own time, or maybe will always be petite, either way, she'll be herself, and she's gorgeous! Like with WT I was told to expect Roh to be behind on growth for at least 12 months, and he was only 5 weeks early. To be honest I think it goes for any baby to say, try not to compare too much, because they are all wonderfully different and unique ;)

Kaz, good luck on the flight! The white noise does make them sleepy, but the pressure changes can hurt their ears, sucking on anything (so bf or sucking a dummy or finger) can help a lot ;)

Grr at all the sleep fail going on! The sttn fairy is rubbish!

Damn I was goiing to say other stuff but roh is playing up and just woke F up! :dohh: back later!

Where do.your LOs sleep during the day now? Morning naps...afternoon.etc....in their cot in nursery, sofa, floor, carrycots downstairs?? Or wherever they want :haha:

A sleeps mostly on sofa in the day. As she has rolled over a few times :wacko: I now utilise (!) my preggo pillow and form a kinda 'cage' around her!!! :thumbup: Poor A! However, if I need to have a shower or do something where I'm not in the same room to ensure she doesn't roll and plant her face in pillow, I will take her back into her cot so I know she's safe...and contained!! :haha:

Oops, sorry how rude...

...Morning lads and LO's!! :hi:

xxxx

I agree Skadi, don't be disheartened. Keira is pretty special :)

Mitch, I tend to put E down in her cradle for her longer midday sleep now except I lie her on top of her sleeping bag and under a blanket my mum made her. I guess the idea is to make it feel different from night. Otherwise, if I'm downstairs, she just about still fits the carrycot so she snoozes in there.

OK, squeeling is degenerating, time to dunk her in water.

Meeting a new childminder later. Wish me luck.

Mitch - the short answer is anywhere I can get him to sleep!! So buggy, car seat, arms, pram. If indoors its his pram where he sleeps overnight but getting a quote for blackout blinds today so will be cot when they're fixed.

This morning he's been up since half 5 and still won't sleep. About to swim so that will be fun. Walking the streets for an hour first didn't help!

Good luck interviewing the childminder!

MsC good luck with the childminder! F loves having a good shriek and squeal too, it makes my brain ache, especially as Roh thinks its brilliant fun to copy her! :wacko:

Mitch, F sometimes has short kips in her bouncer, but if I have the chance to move her before she's asleep, I'll put her in her cot, like MsC though she'll only have a sleeping bag at night. I'm not totally convinced about this making it different for day naps and nightime, I think that's achieved through a good nap ritual and bedtime routine, I'm not sure the venue is that relevant. I just can't be bothered to put her in her sleepingbag, as it makes her grumpy if she's sleepy! :haha: she'll also nap fine in the stroller or carrier, I just give her her dummy and snuggy, and she cuddles down. :shrug:

Oh, meant to say before, Loo, I think you are right not to weigh D too often, I was forced to have Roh weighed every week and it was hellishly stressful. Because they don't gain consistantly it was a rollercoaster as some weeks I'd be celebrating and others I'd be in floods of tears. Horrible! I'd be much more inclined to go by visual signs. Is she bright and alert, is she looking healthy, are her clothes fitting better, getting tighter (slowly), s she happy and satisfied after feeds? Etc etc. Weighing every month is about the max recommended, unless she's actually losing weight. A healthy baby at this age should be weighed every 8 weeks max, and a slow gainer should be weighed monthly. :hugs: Talk to your HV about any worries though, assuming you have a good one! ;)

Ergh, green snot monster is still reigning supreme here! Also they both have gummy eyes and nasty coughs (as do I)! Just swabbed their eyes with a bit of breastmilk, as apparently its good for that?! We shall see! :shrug:

Oh that was the other thing... I dreamt that Mscrow came to pick me up in a Mazda mx5 and once I'd put Z in the car seat drove off with him! I tried to call but yor number was for Victoria station, you'd stolen him. I was so upset and dreading telling Nathan I'd basically trusted Z to someone I'd only ever spoken to online. I woke up then.
Its a good thing I've met you and know you're not a fake poster!!!

Well despite being up since half 5 Z loved swimming, grinned the whole way through. Finally he's passed out on the walk home, fx I get a couple of hours but suspect he'll also be hungry!

Hey lads,
having a bit of a down week. OH has taken some time of work to help out but things seem to have gotten extremely hard for me. Not really with O, things have gotten into a nice routine with her, Just everything else and me in general. My depression and mood swings are at a bit of an all time high all of a sudden so if i become a bit distant I'm sorry, i have a habit of pushing people away when i'm like this and hiding away form the world.

Mitch O sleeps in my arms during the day, I've found it really hard to get her to sleep anywhere else when it's day time. I don't really mind though.

Lozza your dream made me smile. Pretty sure Mscrow is not a baby thief! hahaha

I;m taking my mind off everything by starting a new business, kinda, I'm gonna make and sell tutus! Well that's the plan right now. My OH also wants to make ans sell wooden swords and shields! though i;ve not seen how good these are yet! :rofl: pretty sure by next week i'd have forgotten all about this enterprise!

R naps in his pram carrycot during the day (or the cot if im upstairs) and thenhas the proper cot at night. I do believe in making daytime naps different to night so he only has the sleeping bag at night, quiet at night whereas during the day he is in the hustle and bustle of life (good training when he goes to nursery too because they have cots in the corner of the playroom!)

good luck with new childminder MsC!

Ahaghaha, Lozza, love the dream, more so that it was a Mazda MX.

(((((L&L)))))

L&L, hope you feel better and brighter before too long, sorry you are having a down spell. :hugs: I like the selling tutus idea! Not hard to make and they are pretty. :)

Lozza, love the bonkers dream! :haha:

Cuppie, maybe i missed it, but did you make an offer on the house you wanted, and was it accepted? Sorry if you said already!!

emera - offer made yesterday but not accepted or rejected yet. They are thinking about it until friday. i think they are considering whether they can afford to buy their next house with our offer. i suspect it will be rejected but we can go up a little bit but not much....

L&L - just responded to your thread about how much we would be willing to pay for a tutu. I have a friend having a baby girl in nov so might be interested one for a baby. will you have a website with pics?

i don't know about a website, i know nothing about them so wouldn't know how to make one really. Should look into that, I'm starting by making tutu's for O and for my cousins/nieces so i can have some free modelling sessions in exchange for them haha.

L&L sorry for feeling down....I think Newfielady is making and selling Tutu's on FB...maybe it's worth a go :flower:

Loo - J sometimes has runny green poo and it can be quite watery out the nappy at times...sometimes it's yellow, sometimes it's more solid. I never worry about it as he always seems well in himself so he's obviously not ill, worth mentioning though. I know Grapefruit or any kind of fruit juice was a sure fire red arse scenario and more explosive poo's when I was BF'ing.

Kaz!! yay for going back to Ireland...exciting :hugs:

MrsC - good luck with new childminder :thumbup:

Sorry for squealing babies :haha: J has decided to be a typical boy and be a dinosaur today! he's roaring :wacko: keeps choking himself!

The sttn fairy visited last night...J crashed at 8.15pm and then moaned about 5 so gave him his dummy and he went until 7.00am! fed him and brought him into bed with me and we both woke up at 12.15!!!!! WTF!! mega lie in! We're not even dressed yet!

Does anyone else run around like a loon pretending you've been tidying/doing stuff all day in the hour before OH comes in just so you can whinge about how busy you've been all day....I do :rofl:

Thank you ladies!

Keira sleeps in her cradle during her daytime naps. Our room is just off the living room though so it is just easier.

Glow - Lol! I do that sometimes too. I usually blame Keira for how hard it was to get it all done!

Well OH came and took her to play?! After his shower so I've managed 4 hrs of sleep and am feeling pretty rough at 8 am so I'm going to attempt sleeping all morning.

Good morning, lads.

Kaz- This is the BEST time to take a long flight with babies. DS1 was a perfect traveler until he was 2. Then he hated his car seat, kicked the seat in front of him and cried most of the way because we wouldn't let him get up and wander around. We took a travel break for awhile. By the age of 4, he was a good traveler again because he loved the plane!

L&L- :hugs:

Emera- Sorry for the snot monster. It's so hard to get rid of once it starts. :growlmad:

Lozza- How the heck did Ms.C fit Z & E in a Mazda MX5? :haha: For years, I drove a BMW z4. It was impractical, but it was a hot car and fine for driving me and DS1 places (so long as we didn't have much luggage). By serendipity, I traded it in for a more practical 4 door sedan about 6 months before getting pregnant. Anyway... when I found out I was having twins, I had a dream about trying to figure out how to get everyone to school.... it involved me driving one kid at a time. :shrug: :wacko:

Glow- Sounds like the STTN fairy was camped out at your place for a long time!

AFM...The STTN fairy's little sister came to our house last night!!! Both babies were down by 7:30. K needed a quick paci at 11:30, but was only awake for like 30 seconds, so I don't count that. P needed a quick paci at 1:30, but I don't count that either. Then they both slept until 4:00 and 4:30 respectively!!! :happydance: After a quick feed, they were back asleep until time to get them up and ready for daycare.

Thanks so much for the messages of bon voyage :)

Emera - thanks for the tips and I really hope you all feel better soon. I couldn't even.imagine how I'd cope with 2 babies and being sick at the same time. You're a legend!

Mitch - SA would be fab! I'll let you know how the longhaul goes, oh and I have a list of travel tips with wee babies I can send on after I get home. Might be useful for your Sept trip. I meant to say I am.sooo sorry that you lost your pics, really hope you feel better about it now and have taken tonnes more!

WT - thank you for the message of optimism! Btw, my sunny disposition is notoriously intermittent and fleeting....I'll try to only.post here when its around ;)

Lozza - sorry you guys didn't have a great night. Again, I know its no consolation, but my Z is just like your Z :) ....last night it was every 2.5 hrs and at 4:30 she decided it was time for a parrty! And I still can't stop smiling at her when she does her silly, adoring grin at me :)

Hope you all have a fabulous week, recover from your illnesses and get LOADS of sleep :)

Can't wait to catch up with you all again in a few days

Btw - I'm LOVING my new nickname....makes me feel like one of the family

:happydance:

Hi lads,

Hope you're all well and enjoying a bit of sunshine!!!?
Great dream Lozza and glad Z enjoyed swimming!
MsC good luck with childminder...
WT good boys!!!
Emera the snot monster has visited our house too... Yuk. Looking forward to snot free feedings!
Re photos I have barely any of him with me :( need to sort that out!
L&L love the tutu idea! Hope you're ok hun x
Cuppie hope the offer is accepted!
Glowie I'm SO the same, flurry of activity as daddy returns!!! :haha:
Naps mostly in the cot but curtains open and no tiptoe ing.
Had a great time at baby yoga today!!! Quite vom inducing but N loved it!!! Then had meet up with Nct girls, sat in a chavvy pub all afternoon despite gorgeous sunny day with screaming children, hmmm not exactly my idea of fun so left early to walk the dogs... Has everyone kept in touch with Nct groups??
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->