March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

thanks missy! I was planning on doing loads of crunches over the next couple of weeks so will put that off now i think!

A good yoga/Pilates teacher will be able to tell you if you're knitter back together. I am but still putting off doing any sit ups! I'll start exercising one of these days but enjoying the excuse not too just yet. Running is probably the best overall toning exercise but I'm well aware you still have the relaxin hormone until around 9 months I think (?) so if I go for a run it's not going to do my joints any favours.

Ft - swimming is fab, well worth the money in my opinion. My uncle drowned when I I was about 7 so I'm a bit more paranoid about making sure he can swim early.

Sitting up - go O!!! She's a clever girl! How's the feeding going?

L&L - WOW, go O!

pissy - ewww that photo....mmmm.

So can we not tell ourselves if they are back together? if not im going to book in and see the doctor to ask. I want to know if the crunches i do as part of dance are harmful or not.

Emera - is it really that bad after the 2nd one? :cry:

lozza - yer my dad cant swim and i always panic about him. Thing is, my mum put me in for lessons when i was 3.... so not a baby... yet i still swam for my county. So its less about making G a GOOD swimmer... and more as you say about the safety/drowning aspect. Thanks for advice x

mmmmmm out of curiousity i just went and measured my waist. REALLY shouldnt have done that.
:rofl: :cry: :sad1: :haha:

put that tape measure down now FT!

The weaning is going really well, so much better than i thought it would. I've frozen lots of different veg and she is having two ice cubes of a different veg each day at about 5pm and has so far eaten it all. I don't want to give her more just yet though. She also like to try to feed herself but still needs a little help with that, she holds the spoon but i guide it and she then sucks the food off the spoon. Yesterday she grabbed the pot and ate with her hands a little but mainly got it all over her face and then ate the pot.
I never thought i wanted to do BLW to start with but to add fingers food in a couple of months but i think i might try more of it as we go from the start.

Eeek! Emera!

I'm starving but t is asleepon me and is just screaming if I move him.

Oh...plumber didn't turn up. Just get on with it and get-out!!!!

im still *planning* (pah) on not weaning until G either starts teething properly or until 6 months. But im going with the flow so if needs to wean before then, then so be it.

Im so glad its going well for you hunni :hugs: i will be asking for tips when its Gs turn :haha:

ps... tape measure is firmly put away. :rofl:

Ft - you can tell yourself I think, I guess that's what missy's link was, but if you want to be 100% may as well ask the doctor, or HV? My midwife showed me how to check and the right exercises to knot them back before starting ab crunches.
Also the swimming is as much about giving me the confidence in the water with him, and different holds. He definitely enjoyed it more with me than just bouncing up and down in the water with his dad who didn't know what else to try.

L&L - yep I saw a photo on FB of o's face smearing effort, she looked delighted!!

Ft, I'm doing the same. Going to delay as long as possible. But hopefully before I go back to uni.

FT, bless its not that bad 2nd time round, but it does get a bit worse with each as far as I can tell! ;) for me anyway, there are plenty of women out there who have had 3+ children and still look super amazing, I'm just not one of them! :haha:

L+L sounds like weaning is going great! At this point if she starts to decrease her milk intake you should reduce her food quantities though, that's the recommendation. However, 2 ice cubes sounds about perfect! :). It takes ages for them to be able to feed themselves properly with cutlery, Roh still needs help sometimes, he can eat most things with a spoon or fork really well, but can't use a knife to cut things up. He's been feeding himself with his hands since about 8 months successfully though :). There is a very messy stage in between though! :haha: loading the spoon up for them to put in their mouths goes down well, and is actually a BLW technique. I think the difference is if they pick the loaded spoon up themselves its BLW, if you hand it to them its not. ;)

I have developed a real hacking cough, its awful! A great test of the old pelvic floor muscles though!! :haha: so far so good! :haha:

so if i feel myself - would i literally feel a big hole where muscles dont meet? im scared to feel :rofl:

is anyone else sick of mickeymouse clubhouse yet? i didnt think a baby this little would care what was on..... but obviously i knew wrong. :haha:

Pissy - are you going to opt for a kitkat or a twix when you wean? im thinking a double decker. :rofl: oops that was catty. miaow. LOL.

Missy your plumber needs sacking! I can't believe he didn't turn up!
When are you back at uni??

Farty ... maybe a lion bar? Good for teething !

I go back on 17th Sept... gulp....

hahaha my mum just gave me a telling off for comparing G to a cat on fb...... a grandmothers love :winkwink:

omg i love lion bars. now i want one. nice one pissy. :winkwink:

oops, feed time for G-unit! x

I always give her food after she's had a bottle so she's not eating and filling her belly as it's already full.

We don't get anything other than cbeebies, i know most of the songs from it now. There is something about singing animals, letters, numbers, vegetables ect that seem to keep O happy while she rolls around on the floor.

talking of rolling, O wont actually go all the way over anymore! is that normal? :shrug:

EDIT - aww Missy it'll be fine! :hugs:

I thought I'd start with dairy milk fruit and nut, that seems to contain all the major food groups?

L+L maybe now O knows she can roll she's decided not to bother anymore! :haha: it often goes like that, they do something for a bit and then stop. :shrug:

FT, I'm starting with a Crunchie, to get her used to the hard texture!

I was thinking of an aero bubble because then she can hold it herself! :haha:

an aero would be good to have a nice suck on!!

FT the cat picture on FB is amazing!

love the chocolate weaning talk! lol, im opting for caramel bar - nice and messy! ha ha

btw whoever asked about ntnp, not us! lol i only tested because i was curious. we're not trying until at least december or later.

bounce and rhyme was quite good but i didnt know the words to hardly any of the songs!! some of them seemed to have changed from when i was young...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->