March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Hi silly ! Nice to have you on board. Are we really that scary? :)

Weird to think we've got march mamas who know all about us.... kind of nice. Xxx

Missy:hugs: sorry T is not being good...screaming is not good. I know OH isnt there...anyone else you can call on? Otherwise i know its hard but if you are 'losing it' somewhat...pop him down somewhere safe...cot....and close the door and walk away. Take monitor if you need to...sound turned down. Just for 5 minutes to breathe and relax...he will carry on...may even stop if youre lucky....but he will be fine when.you come back. I have only had to.do.it once...its not cruel....you just need to clear head x x :flower:

emera...sorry about your lost lie in...hope you feel better soon...more:hugs:

And no one should ever apologise for being 'moany'...its not moany...its venting.to.your friends x x

Hi.smiles....ooooh.i feel a little famous that our thread has had a lovely impact on ladies. Love the name Dagny....not common at all in UK...whats its origin? X

Hi, SS! Dagny is a great name!! Glad you've come out to play. Since you've been lurking so long, you know we're sweet as pie. ;) And we like to eat pie. :munch:

Thanks girls. Wt I would have wine but I've got the beginnings of a migraine so think it would be foolish! Just given t some calpol (and he actually took it!) And he's asleep now. Nobody around to help. My parents and brother are on holiday and mil lives far away and doesn't drive. She has just text me to say she's ordered me an amber anklet though. Bless her.

X

Hugs, Missy. :( Can you take something for your migraine before it comes full blown? Definitely try to get some rest while baby T is sleeping. :hugs: It's amazing how much easier it is when you have someone else around even if they're not actually helping a lot. It helps to keep you sane! So I know how you must be feeling right now.

Hopefully the amber necklace will help too!

When you're feeling better and have help with T, promise me you'll get some of that wine. ;)

Oh lordy, I will! Not sure how I'll cope in 2 weeks when he's away for 3 weeks!

I've taken paracetamol and trying to drink water. Not sure what else I can have. X

Missy, not fun, glad T is chilled out now. Mitch is right though, when you can't cope pop him somewhere safe and walk away for a few minutes. I've done it many a time! It saves your sanity! Painkiller wise, you can take ibuprofen no worries. You can also take codeine, just only if its really necessary. Only thing you really shouldn't take is aspirin.

Hi Smiles! :hi: nice to hear from you.

Mmm, I knew it was worth making cottage pie earlier. Yum! Now having pineapple jelly with pineapple in. :)

Ditto what Emera says about drugs. When I was BF and recovering from C, my doctor assured me that ibuprofen was 100% okay, and he had me on the 800 mg dose. Whenever I feel a migraine coming on, that's what I take. (4 of the 200 mg size). It is not something to do every single day of your life, but it's actually safer for your body than large doses of acetaminophen (paracetamol).

Oh and regarding how you will cope when he's gone for 3 weeks... girl, I feel your pain having just endured the same thing. Here's my advice: fill your days with as many visitors as you can stand. And when you run out of visitors, head to the coffee shop or something just to break up the doldrums. You'll find the time passes faster that way. I found the days that I stayed inside all day with the twins were the longest and the ones where the boys were the naughtiest. So I made play dates with people I barely knew; I regularly met up with some friends; I took the boys to Target just to walk around; and sometimes I called my best friend in tears and told her she simply had to come over. Lickety split, those 3.5 weeks were over! :thumbup:

Ahhhhhh thanks again girls! I've actually got some codeine from pregnancy. Might have to have some.

Oooh emera I'd kill for cottage pie. I had toast.

Oh is at the theatre.

Hi, Sillysmiles! I love the name Dagny? Is it inspired by Atlas Shrugged?

Woohoo, two new lads in my time zone! :dance:

Emera, that's not silly... you deserve a lie-in, I hope your OH makes up for it soon.

Missy, poor you! And poor Ted, but you with a migraine coming on... oof! Glad he settled down. I'm trying to think of what helps with the screaming here... dancing and tylenol and the boob. I guess I'm not very helpful! But :hugs:

WT, love your tips for getting out. My problem is, where can I go that I won't just shop til I drop? :rofl: Hmm... I could use a trip to the fabric store.

I think I'm finally going to sew a mei-tai. I'm just not grokking the Close carrier, I can't seem to get the straps settled comfortably under her legs. Shame since I paid a gazillion dollars for it from the UK! :dohh: (Serves me right, I could have bought the K'Tan here for half the price.) Maybe when she's older? Or does anyone have any advice? The legs straps just bunch under her knees in what seems like a painful way, I can never get her froggy-style, and she's always lopsided. Very frustrating!

How's everybody else?

Missy...hope you feel better soon x

I agree with WT - keep yourself busy whilst OH away and the time will fly by. If you want to arrange a meet up somewhere (perhaps not as far as Bristol for me this time) then I am up for that:flower:...can see if any other mamas up for it...

Have my parents down to visit this weekend....need to go food shopping tomorrow. My dad is 80 and really stuck in a routine.....for example Sunday roast has to be around the same time every week or he goes into a little meltdown (did that when M was only 12 days old when they visited - like thats what I cared about!!!) and a cup of tea in the afternoon....has to come with biscuits....aaargh!!! Might bake a cake.

Those of you whos LOs have had their 16 week jabs.....any adverse reaction? Any worse than previous ones? M has hers next Friday the day before we go stay with a friend for the weekend then Centre Parcs....little worried she'll be a nightmare....but previous ones she has just been a little more sleepy (if at all possible ha ha)

Oh, and with the Close carrier, how do you get the wrap part to stay put? Mine always falls, even if I've tied it so tightly I can hardly breathe. And then I have a giant mass of knots at my back.

Whine whine whine! :haha:

WT, love your tips for getting out. My problem is, where can I go that I won't just shop til I drop? :rofl: Hmm... I could use a trip to the fabric store.

Erm... the 3.5 weeks that DH was away were definite budget busters. :blush: But I just reallocated his portion of the gas/grocery/dining-out budget for all of my frivolities.

You should defo go to the fabric store. After all, how much trouble could you get in there? :rofl:

Oh, and with the Close carrier, how do you get the wrap part to stay put? Mine always falls, even if I've tied it so tightly I can hardly breathe. And then I have a giant mass of knots at my back.

Whine whine whine! :haha:

I cant help Mouse sorry....I returned mine as I couldnt (actually more accurately M couldnt!!:haha:) get on with it at all. Reverted to Baby Bjorn one which M likes now she can face out

FINALLY got a good picture of the two of us! Excitement!

i'VE NOT tried a close carrier, I like my mei tai a lot though, T is starting to get too big for it though, and it's not padded enough now he's big, maybe I need a bigger/paddier one. How big is G, city?

Will defo be shopping and looking around lots. Mitch, OH will be in bracknell, is that close to you?

Oh and my friend is sending me one of these...the multi coloured one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->