March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Yeah Missy....Bracknell is only 4-5 miles away from me :happydance:

Are you planning to go visit/stay with him whilst he is there?

Hi silly :wave: join in with our crazy conversations once in a while, they make my day and we don't bite!

City - with the straps under babies bum I spread them out and then fold them bAck on themselves. I might try to do a film for you when O is awake. The knots however I just put up with

Missy I hope your feeling better :hugs:

I've upped my medication for my depression this week and it's making me feel like poo now. Really sick and dizzy :( not sure it's worth it.

Sorry you're not feeling well, L&L! If you find time to do a video I'd love that!

Ha, Mitch! I suppose I could always sell mine on eBay to another clueless American. :rofl:

Missy, G was 11#11oz a week ago. 24" tall. So tall and slim.

Speaking of G, I can't open a can of soda without waking her, but the cleaning ladies can vacuum underneath her and not so much as a blink!

Missy, come over for the day while your OH is away! ;)

Mouse, tricky, I've not had those troubles with the Close I have to say. I just hold F to my chest in the position I want her in then tighten the straps up so she stays there! :shrug: have you watched the video?

L&L - is this medication one you have used before? Might be that it doesnt agree with you and they can look at an alternative? Hope you feel better soon.

OK question ladies and be honest....we are going to a wedding at the end of August...children are invited and M will be 5 months old (OMG!!!). Anyway it is fairly local but to save on taxis, someone having to drive and easiness with having M with us, we have booked a room for the night at the hotel where the wedding is. I initially thought (and this was before having M, establishing a routine etc etc) that we would take M to the wedding and daytime do and either keep her up with us and let her crash in pushchair in corner or put in hotel room in travel cot with monitor on her (as long as it worked) and check on her every 1/2 hour...but both remain at the wedding. After talking to hubby I am not happy to leave M in room...I am sure she will be fine but worried that there are multiple keys for these rooms and I dont expect a cleaner/worker to go in (and monitor will be on) but I dont want anyone pinching her!!! As she has established a good bedtime and sleeping routine, I am not keen to keep her up with us in noisy disco....I said I was never going to be one of those mums who works everything around their babies routine....but still :haha:.

Question is...what would you do:-
(1) Bring her to wedding but put to bed in hotel room (as long as monitor on - video one) at usual time and attend evening do
(2) Bring her to wedding and let her crash out in corner of room in pushchair/carrycot whilst disco happening - take to bed when we do
(3) Bring her to wedding but then after meal, drop her at SIL to stay overnight and pick up in morning.

Be honest.....:flower:

Mitch - definitely not 1, anyone can get a hotel key. Probably 2 or 2 depending how much hassle 3 is. At least you can both have a drink though if SIL has her overnight.

Smiley - hello!! We're pleased to have you!
Mouse - can you go for a walk without yor visa card? That should stop any spending sprees!
Missy - if you're in Bracknell on 1st August it's nut that far from Guildford so you could join Mitch, L&L and I (and poss ft)

So z had been down since 7, at 8.45 I checked on him and then gleefully told DH he was in a really deep sleep, the sort you really have to check he's breathing. He woke at 9, gutted :dohh:

Now asleep in my arms so will try and put him down, cue an epic fail coming up!

Mitch- I'd choose number 3 because it will be the least amount of stress for all involved. It will give you and DH the freedom to let loose and partake of all the fun spirits without having to worry about M.

However, if number 3 doesn't work out, I'd choose number 2. DS1 was a super sleeper like M. We occasionally had to alter his routine because real life got in the way. The interruption never phased him for longer than that single night and most nights he'd sleep right through whatever hoopla was involved anyway.

2 or 3 Mitch. Not 1, no way its not safe enough. M isn't going to go haywire if her routine changes for 1 night, and 5 months is young enough that she'll sleep anywhere so if it was me I'd go wiith option 2.

I agree, 3...

Arrrrrrgh! I would LOVE to come to guildford but he gets there on the 6th, he's in hemel hemstead before that. GUTTED!

OMG I just lost a monster post. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

To summarise. Hi smiles! Poor Missy (I ordered you to go to bed with massive mug of something warm) and sent T big hugs. Poor emera but yummy jelly. Work meeting re part time went really well, 2days per week, 1 night of on call per week, half day working from home...they seemed really keen. I've been a terrible mum tonight. Monitor failed whilst I was out gardening. N could have been crying for 30-40mins. He was inconsolable. I was weeping. He's fed twice since. I think he's just making sure I'm still there. I feel awful. And feeding three times since 6.30pm doesn't bode well for me going to this leaving do tomorrow night. Hope he forgives me :cry:

Thanks ladies....I agree that option 3 is our best bet. I know that Option 2 is probably OK too....just that I know how grouchy she gets when she needs her sleep....I am sure she would just pass out but people would probably want a hold etc etc.....plus although we are not planning to get legless (hangover and baby doesnt go:haha:) it will save worrying about who is drinking and who isnt.

Plus its a night alone for me and hubby oooooohhhhh:winkwink:. may as well take advantage of M sleeping through....SIL will have an easy night:haha:

Edit to add.....waula great news about PT chat...you get exactly what you wanted then? Poor N...I am sure he will totally forgive you especially now you have filled him to the brim with milky milky ha ha x

Aww, Waula, he'll forgive you of course! He'll forget all about it in no time! You'll be traumatised for ever, but he'll be fine!! :hugs:

hmmm. he's up again. he can't be hungry. he's getting cuddled. bad mummy.
mitch with N i'd do 2 as we're not really doing very well sleeping!!!! and yes, its what i wanted with work but not had it confirmed yet. fingers crossed.

Aw, Waula! :( Just give him cuddles and don't be hard on yourself.

Lozza, gasp! Walk without my visa? That sounds awful. :rofl: For my excuse I'll say that it's too hot to walk outside and stores don't like it if you just browse. So I'm basically FORCED to spend money. :D

G has been asleep for about two hours. She was so restless yesterday... Though I've noticed she tends to nap well/badly in two or three day cycles. Hoping this is the start of a good cycle!

Since DH isn't here, I'm tempted to get very regimented with our bedtime routine.

Nice excuses spendy-mouse.

As predicted the transfer back to cot was an epic fail, despite being in a deep floppy sleep. So now hes back in my arms and im going to sleep dressed and upright do that he stays asleep. He's definitely got into a snacking cycle and I need to break him out of it. Last fed at 7 so there's no reason he can't last til midnight then he might actually feed for more than 5 mins.

GP wasn't much help but she does want me back in 2 weeks with red book do she can weigh him and if not happy will refer us. Apparently they worry if they drop more than 2 lines. So why don't HV?! He started on 91st and now below 50th.
Also got rechecked by the osteo, or her colleague. She worked on him for a good 20 mins, said his wind was pretty bad. I'm tempted to try infacol again, didn't do much at 6 weeks but maybe it will now and I'll use it religiously even at night (think st 6 weeks I didn't have the energy for night feeds)

Glad there's at least a plan with GP Lozza - and I agree, why don't HV use the same guidelines??! Odd. Hope that the osteopath helped - poor Z with his trumpy bum. Please don't get so desperate that you want to try the Windi thing. :) I think you're plan of him in your arms to get a decent stretch is a good plan. Is Z burpy?? Never found infacol to help with trumps but it helped N get a decent burp up every time. Think its worth a try. xx

Aaaw lozza...sorry about the epic fail:nope:...glad you have a plan with GP x did you try gripe water? Infacol does have to be used every feed and its effectivebess build up apparently...its not a one off thing (sorry if you knew that). I have heard of Colief...you tried that? Have one here unopened...its quite pricey...if you want it i can post it to you. I have no need for it..if its useful????

Oh no Waula ! I bet you felt horrible. I love snuggling them though.

T has taken to grinding his teeth/gums. Its gross. He does it on my shoulder.

Just want you all to know that I always read every post and by the time I've made a :coffee: to sit down and reply I've forgot half of what everyone said :wacko::blush: think it's my age :winkwink:

Anyhoo....

Lozza - :nope: feel like you are really going through the mill at the moment with Z's sleeping habits but glad the GP at least wants to keep an eye on things and maybe some kind of solution is in the very near future. I still think you need to express and seriously get just one night a week where you can get a solid sleep yourself :hugs:

Sillysmiles - Hi :wave: and cool name for your little March Babba :thumbup:

Mitch - I'd go for option 2 or 3....I did both with the girls when they were babies and it never interrupted their routine :thumbup: we've got an evening reception in August too and it's a good 45 minute drive away...not sure what to do yet :shrug:

Missy - Sorry for T being so upset :wacko: not good especially topped with a Migraine :nope: hope OH can give you a break when he get's home! also agree with WT about even just going for a coffee...I do it nearly everyday as I don't really know anyone around here and I'm quite isolated so spend most of my days on my own with J.....bit depressing really. I go to the local retail park for a wander and a coffee...kills a couple of hours :thumbup:

Emera - Poo about no lie in.....ME time is precious at this stage and few and far between and to have it taken away is crap :flower:

Waula - awwwwwww poor you and N, hope he's being OK now :hugs: sounds like good news about 'W' though :thumbup:

AFM - nothing new...same old same old really! OH is away to see the Haye/Chisora fight on Saturday and not coming back until Sunday. Whilst I don't begrudge him going (OK that's a massive LIE! :rofl: ) I'm trying to think of things to do this weekend so it actually feels like a weekend and not groundhog day :shrug:

Cheers all

Mitch - I tried infacol for about a week at about 6 weeks I think, I knew it took ad least a week to kick in but at the time felt like it made him worse not better. I was a bit slack about giving it with night feeds though so will make a proper effort this time. I'll leave the colief for now but maybe try it after, but thanks! :hugs:

Gripe water doesn't seem to do much, makes burping a little easier but no impact on the other end!
Waula - I'm never going to be desperate enough for that thing!

I'm borrowing a friends electric pump tomorrow so will hopefully get a decent amount off to do a big night feed. The hand pump isn't getting as much off as it used to - bit worried his snacking has reduced supply? Although when he finishes if I squeeze it still squirts across the room. Likewise the Pump will stop working but I can still hand express plenty. Hopefully the medela swing will be as good as people say. I'll experience the MOO HONK MOO HONK if nothing else :haha:

Glow - you're always welcome to pop over if bored. I'm generally free afternoons except Monday's and now Thursdays (joined a post natal group today) although saying that I'm busy next week with my mum. There's a costa in hale though for a change of scenery!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->