March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Loz, I love the honk moo...

So t just vomcanoed everywhere, thank god I predicted it and had put him on a puppy training pad. He also now has a fever. This sucks. Wish I'd been mean and made oh just come home instead of hanging out with his mates.

Poor little T! :(

G's nap today was 4 hours and change, and I finally woke her up to feed her. It was too long tbh--I kind of didn't know what to do with myself.

Ha ha... you could have started a sewing project...4 hrs is great...

I'm not feeling good about having 2.5 hrs sleep so far tonight... the only way he'll sleep for any length of time is on my chest.

God, I'm moany at the moment !

Poor T!

I *think N may have just got up once last night!! :dance: maybe you get so tired that you can't remember anymore!!!!! One feed at 1.30 is awesome!
X

Wahey Waula! Talk about progress :)

Poor T, Missy I hope you both have a quiet but ok day today.

NW Mamas, Glow, Lozza, you're always welcome here. I generally work from home but this week the major priority's been caring for E as she's had such an off week. E.G. I've not done much....I can't offer a Costa but I can offer a pretty good cupcake dealer.

Lozza, I'm so sorry this week in particular has sucked. FWIW, I don't think your supply will drop. My theory, haha, is you may develop a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, if they exist, from Z snacking so much. So he'd get more watery milk...which I wonder if that contributes to his belly aches. Is there any possibility you could sling him up at times during the night to get longer gaps? Granted, in the short term, that means staying up sometimes....

Pumping, curiously, the electric pump was doing my head in, and partly not to disturb E at the 11pm expression, I started to use my manual pump. It works so much better! I realise there's a technique, to get the letdown to happen and then long slow squeezes of the pump to have maximum effect. I can generally pump about 140ml at present.

Mouse, the Close Carrier. I generally wore E very tightly in it with the wrap part very tight so it never really budged. I've watched friends use it and it's been too loose. E would be grumpy for 1 minute and then fall asleep, she was comforted by being a bit squished. That said, I find it drags on my neck muscles now hence looking for a SSC and buying the Rose and Rebellion. As you're in the US, I hear Olive and Applesauce are worth looking at. This link is quite helpful: https://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

If money were no object, I hanker after an Ocah full buckle wrap conversion as the softer waist would suit my curves better than a more rigid SSC waist.

Waula yay for a possibly good night, or at least for forgetting a feed!! :haha: I think we had a good night. Definitely one feed, maybe two which considering F is ill is great.

Lozza :hugs: it might be worth another try with the infacol. Think you do have to be religious with it though. Do you pump Z's legs? If its all low down wind then holding his calfs andpushing his legs up to his tummy and then stretching them out, as if he was jumping up and down if he stood up, repeatedly can help to shift wind. Also the same but circling them in a clockwise direction as you push up can help a lot too. As always, sorry if you tried this already. :hugs: Really hope you can get the trouble sorted.

Missy, poor T, and you! Dose him up on calpol, poor chap. Has he just had jabs? Roh was really fed up after the 3rd set. :(

MsC, you sund like me with carriers! :haha: I've just bought the fabric to sew myself a mai tai, just need something snazzy for the front panel! ;). Also about to borrow my friend's woven wrap to see how I get on with that. I really want to back carry F so I'm more free to play with Roh etc, and a wrap is the only way to do that at this age. I'll be screwed if I get into wrapping though as there are so many beautful wraps out there!! :wacko: I'm resisting another ssc though, mostly as whilst I'm trying different carriers I can blag the expense with OH, but if I start collecting, he's sooo gong to put his foot down! :haha:

Well, F couln't open her eyes ths morning as they were crusted shut. :( Thinking eye infection, so back to the docs. :dohh: At least Roh's anti-biotics seem to have worked for his ears. :rolleyes:

Go N!! woooo! :happydance:

Mitch we're at a weeding next weekend and will be doing option 2, if the wedding was here it would be 3 but it's 2 hours away from anyone who could look after her. There is an evening disco but they're are also having a 'barn dance' the next day so i might just head to bed early with her anyway.
And I've been on this medication since i was 37 weeks pregnant, i've just started taking more of it this week. It takes a while for your body to get used to it. I'm feeling ok today so far anyway.

Mousey- just re read your post and thought of something, when you tie the close up do you wrap the straps under G and then round your back? If you go straight round your back it pulls at the hoops funny and they get loser

Missy hope your feeling better and so is T!

MORNING!!!!!

This is a hit and run (heehee) as ive got to feed G and then head off to BabyClub; so will read back when home :)

Just wanted to share my happiness.... not only did i lose my 2pounds this week but im sitting here in jeans which did not fit before :happydance: super happy its all paying off.

Mitch - i think i missed the post where you said where your going on hols and when...... september right? If so i go on hols then too and perhaps we can share tips/notes on what to bring. Im *planning* for G to only be on baby rice and milk through the holiday; but he may have other plans.... we will see. also in menorca i know i need to boil bottled water for him (as i think u mentioned water).

Right - off to babyclub... then ive got to make a bannoffee pie for my daddys bday celebration tomo... then i will be on here to catch up.

Oh and sillysmiles.... ive seen you lurking for a while; am VERY pleased you have decided to join us :hugs:

xxxx

missey - lucky you had a puppy pad to hand! lol

emera - hope your little ones get better soon. i find going to the docs a real pain so feel for you having to drag two little ones with you!

our buyer has booked a survery on our house next week. im feeling a bit nervous, hoping they don't find anything horrible and hoping she doesnt try to re-negotiate after getting the results

Mscrow - you might have a point about the fore milk, that's why I'm anxious to try this electric pump and make sure he's getting some of the good stuff.

Emera - I did that from 5-6 this morning and did get a reasonable number of trumps out, however it meant nearly an hour of screaming, punctuated at half 5 by DH yelling down "what the f*** are you doing" he's moaned this morning that he's tired. Do one.

I finally gave up and fed him at 6 and he had a decent length feed and went back to sleep then woke up at 7.45 with a solid tummy again. I tried the bicycle legs etc for a while then DH made me doubt myself so I fed him. 4 minutes later he stopped feeding and brought the entire feed back over me. Need to trust my instincts! Poor little thing looks tired today, he's had just over 8 hours sleep, it's not enough. He's on my lap pooing now then I think I'll head out and walk him to sleep before rhyme time.

Waula/Emera - glad you both had better nights!
Sounds like f may have the dreaded conjunctivitis if her eyes are stuck shut. I used to get it loads.

Morning ladies!!

Wooop for the good nights waula and emera...hope F feels better soon x x
Missy...poor you with vomcano x

SIL only lives about 10 minute drive from wedding venue so its easy to drop her off for the night...plus wedding being on.a Friday means SIL wont be working the next day so can have her. Prefer that to.option 2...although like you l&l would do it if we didnt have the choice.

Ft...you've left G overnight with your folks? All ok? X hopibg shes still as easy

Went down for her morning nap in cot and was straight off within 10 mins and it didnt affect night sleep last night:happydance:...happy days

Have a great day lads x x

It's taken me DAYS to catch up!!!!

Hi Silly :hi: so glad you, Kaz and Birdy have come out of the closet! xx

Right. This chocolate weaning talk is making me sick. Are you lads on drugs? EVERYONE knows that babes should have a varied diet to encourage their palate. For that reason, we have decided to wean with a selection box :rofl:

Lozza, massive massive :hugs: you really sound like Z's putting you through the mill. I hope that the expressing goes well and you get a massively deserved night off.

Glow, CP is only a 10 min drive for me. We should meet for a mooch and a costa. NW lads, shall we arrange something in the next couple of weeks?

Emera, are you feeling better? :hugs: sorry about the lye in. I'd be gutted too.

Mouse, 2 new lads on your local time? Nay, I believe Kaz already flew the nest and came over to ours :rofl:

Missy, missy, missy. Im sorry you're having a tough time with Ted. If its any consolation, we are going through exactly the same thing with D. It's just so hard at the moment. She seems so unhappy and it breaks my heart. I keep focusing on those gorgeous smiles and giggles, they get me through.

WT, fab pic of your gorgeous boys. They are just lovely.

Can't remember who was having increased poos? We are too. D has gone from one every 3-4 days to 3-4 every single day. My HV is putting it down to the massive rivers of drool she is swallowing. Something to do with the enzymes and her stomach or something. Either way, they are coming thin (!) and fast!!!

So D's not had a great 2 weeks. He is beyond fussy, and incredibly clingy. She whinges for me constantly, screams with her dad, and SCREAMS with her gran. I can't put her down. Naps are non existent unless in my arms. Putting her down to bed is becoming impossible. Showers for me also. Al and I have two failed attempts of date night this week because D just wouldn't settle. Sigh. My mum is back to France early tomorrow which is tough as the help was much appreciated.

Any who. She just smiled at me. That was kinda cool.

Oh my giddy aunt.

I have just looked in Al's bedside cabinet to count how many condoms we have left and found one f**k of a diamond ring :shock::shock::shock:

Hey ladies and babies!

The last 2 days here have been full of tears, tantrums and wind and that's just me lol

But to cheer myself up I've bought myself a tumble dryer :happydance: Gone are the days that I would get excited about buying clothes or a handbag - I now get excited about buying white goods!

I've also ordered an Ergo because T seems to be getting too big for the moby so looking forward to that arriving

ft - have a good time at babyclub

lozza - sorry things are still tough but I'm right there with you. T seems to have got worse over the past couple of days. I literally can't put him down without him screaming and I'm sure it's all wind/reflux related

Emera O had an eye infection when she was 6 days old, her eye was glued shut with gunk as well. We got drops and it was gone within a few days, didn't even seem to bother her. Hope F is as lucky and it all clears up nice and quickly!

Yay FT in the weight loss! And on the jeans!!

Cuppie i really hope the house stuff all goes smoothly for you

Lozza - don't listen to your grumpy DH! When he's the one doing it let him do it his way but you listen to your instincts and carry on. You know him best! I hope you get him off to sleep and have fun at rhyme time!

I;m feeling a little self-conscious and a bit of a fatty today. I think if anything i've put more weight on. I don't want the stress of worrying about losing weight though and don't even own scales. Just avoiding mirrors today i think! Pitty rant over!

EDIT Sambles and Loo - sorry for the bad times!
And Loo can't believe your back room antics have taken such a toll on the condom supply!

Loo WTF!!!!!!!!!! That makes me very VERY happy for you (and a little jealous!!!!) good boy Al!!!!
I'm up for another NW meet xxx

loo - omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you married already or is this a potential engagement ring??????????!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->