March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Emera, that's lovely! Al's not that creative or romantic. I MUST get these fabulous romantic ideas out of my head. Knowing Al he'll stick it in the middle of a domino's pizza or something :haha:

Forgot to say I gave D some baby cocaine this morning (teething granuals) and they appeared to work.

Loo he could really surprise you!

baby cocaine works for O as well, but seems to wear off quickly? we did get boots own make though :shrug:

Awww Emera....I'm SURE Roh has totally forgiven you now you've plied him with all sorts of treats!! :haha: And how romantic is your OH!

My ex-husband proposed to me on a plane...we were going on holiday. He then got the Captain to make an announcement over the tannoy that 'A wanted to ask G sitting in seat xxx if you'll marry him and if the answer is yes please come to the flight deck' MORTIFIED MUCH!!! I was sitting right at the back of the plane and had to walk the whole length with everyone clapping! :dohh:

Anyhoo - we're divorced now so it's a moot point :rofl:

Yay for baby coke :baby::thumbup: :haha: we've not needed it yet but J is a bit bitey at the moment. When I pull him to a sitting position holding his hands he totally attacks my knuckle and bites/gums on it really hard and makes a really angry noise.....weirdo :haha:

After all my moaning about being bored and lonely last night just realised the girls are coming to stay for 2 weeks on Tuesday :shock: STRESSSSSSSSSSS!!! When they are here I just have to shut the door to their bedroom and NOT go in! it's always full of clothes all over the floor, make up, face wipes, straighteners etc!

Loo- a ring in a pizza box would be incredibly romantic compared to when DH proposed to me. It was less of a proposal and more of an extended conversation of why we should or should not get married. We were sitting in the parking lot of a coffee shop about to go in for drinks. When he finished talking, I asked him if he was asking me to marry him, and he responded yes. There was no ring. Afterwards, I texted my girlfriend saying "I think I'm engaged." :dohh: The fact that Al went to the trouble of picking a ring and pretending to hide it is pretty sweet in and of itself.

Sleepy Mouselet- Wake up before your mama explodes!

Emera- I've done that before with DS1. :blush: It resulted in an immediate trip to McDonalds.

Glow- When we found out the twins were boys, I was a little disappointed that I'd be missing out on ever having a girl. However, when I think of all the makeup, hair supplies and clothes involved in the teen years, I feel a little relieved about having all boys. :haha: Of course, I still close DS1's door so I don't have to see his video games and socks all over the place.

loo - you def have to pretend you haven't seen it or he will be gutted. ooh a holiday proposal!! you are going to be on edge everytime you go somewhere thinking 'is this it?' ha ha

my hub proposed by a lake in london at night with the lit up london night sky, afterwards we went to the Royal Opera House and saw the Nutcracker ballet (it was christmas) and had champagne. it was amazing!!

HONK MOOOOO HONK MOOOOO

Wowser, electric pumps are amazing! I got 3.5 oz off in under 10 minutes.

Those of you that express, what's a good/average amount to get from each side (and I know we're all different just want a vague idea)

Mouse - talking of dreams I've had 3 consecutive bad dreams about Z this week, first mscrow stole him, the next night I just about rescued him from drowning in the bath which I'd run really deep and not noticed him head down in, and last night he had some weird shakey thing like a fit! I must be worrying about him!

Just a quick heads up....20% off all Lamaze toys at Tesco.com!!!

L&L, you've obviously never met Al! He's very unassuming, and tbh I think this is the first time I've been in that drawer since we moved in.

I will see how fast he moves later when it's ME who reaches over to get a condom :rofl:

Lozza, HOOOOOOOOONK. MOOOOOOOOOOOO. HOOOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKK. MOOOOOOOOOO.

Lozza when pumping i get between 2-6oz from one side, depending on when i fed from that side. Oh, that's the right side, leftie i get 0-4oz generally, its not so pump (or baby) friendly. I do have oversupply though 6oz is alot unless you've missed a feed in the real world. I'd say you got a pretty good haul there! :)

Oh, too many posts from me! :dohh: I wanted to establish that my OH isn't that romantic as standard! :haha: When he initially proposed (without ring) we'd gone to some mental pagan solstice rave thing and he was , hmm, how to put it...off his head, is probably the polite term. I'd gone to sleep in the back of the car as i was fed up with trying to dance in a foot of mud, and he came and woke me up and asked me if i'd marry him! :rofl: I firstly said "you'll regret this in the morning" and then said i would if he a.) got me a blanket, and b.) left me alone! Classy eh? I was pretty surprised when he said he still meant it the next morning!
So the romantic backwards proposal 8 years later was significant progress! :haha:

Ooooooo loo, that is beyond exciting :dance: please let us know what happens of course :winkwink:

mitch - did you say where your going on hols or is it a secret? think u missed my post asking a couple of pages back x

mid way through making the banoffee...... must NOT lick spoon... must NOT lick spoon....lol

I have a feeling loos answer will be yes as she wants to get her sticky mitts on that ring:happydance:. Its beautiful....love emerald cut...i actually went square shape white gold...think thats princess cut.

My hubby got down on one knee infront of 10 people he didnt know that we were having dinner with on holiday in France...bless him...he had worked up the nerve to ask me and decided it had to be that night...wherever we were....we happened to be out with a group of strangers:haha:....nervous much. I said no at first cos was so shocked and it was the first thing that came out of my mouth as a joke ooopsie...poor hubby. Anyway i 'changed' my mind and here we are :happydance:

Ft...no secret about holiday...must have missed you asking sorry. We are off to Spain...Costa del Sol...all inclusive resort...very family friendly :haha:. Looks fab...and the rooms are all one bed apartments which will be great to have kitchen area to get Ms food prepped and a separate lounge area for when Ms asleep in bedroom. Shame we'll have to share though:haha:

oooo lush - and u go in sep; we will be just across a tiny bit of sea in menorca lol... cant wait x we will hv to compare notes on what to bring etc xxx

well banoffee done.....

i totally licked the spoon.

Mitch, omg you said no in front of all those people! :haha: your poor OH! Love it! :)

Your holiday sounds perfect by the way! :)

He's been home for an hour and a half and still no proposal :rofl:

In fact, Al is so unobservent, I bet I could wear the ring for a few hours and he wouldn't relies :rofl:

I want to hear people's proposal stories so I can feel really sorry for myself when he suggests Dominos over the weekend!

I want to hear people's proposal stories so I can feel really sorry for myself when he suggests Dominos over the weekend!

At least you wont have to wait 2full weeks til it happens on holiday:thumbup:

ft...cant wait til sunshine holiday...have centre parcs first in 10 days time:happydance:. Are youplanning to take you travel system with you? Carseat attachment...? I am torn....we have ordered a baby pack.through holiday company which includes a stroller, cot, UV sun tent; steriliser, highchair etc for when we get there....but think.we will need carseat into travel system for transporting around airport in UK...early morning and then bjorn for plane

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->