March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Totally. I think if u was in your situation I'd feel the same. Big challenge but an exciting one! When wt convinced me I was pregnant the other day I was so conflicted. Tbh it would have been a disaster for me ask would get no money at all and uni would be a massive struggle.

Yeah mega boobs! That was after feeding off both too. Ouch. I feel a bit better. I found some ibuprofen and my temp is down a bit. I ate some toast.

What an exciting day. I meant to say, in our family there is a tradition that when you buy a new house you havebubbly and fish and chips. I love it!

Missy, glad things are looking up. :thumbup:

Emera! :shock: You'd be starting your March Mama journey all over again! Yay for being happy either way, it's win-win! So WHEN are you going to Poundland?

I'm already at the point where I'd love to do it all over again, except I don't want two so close in age. Though it would be handy to knock 'em out and be able to travel sooner, etc. I think DH would die, tbh. I know it'll be a fight for #2 (and #3? I'll have to knock him unconscious.) But I'm of advanced maternal age now so I can't wait forever... Sigh.

Another epic nap for G. Starting to think caffeine in my diet is what gives her those non-napping days, even though they say a small amount doesn't matter.

Wow wow wow!! What an eventful Saturday.....!

Congratulations Loo on your engagement! :happydance:
Cuppie - whooop on the house offer! :thumbup:
Emera - how exciting - you are very laid back about testing.... when I 'thought' I was pregnant last year - I wasn't in the UK - and had to wait till I got home... the wait nearly killed me!!
MrsC - what a lovely photo of you and E! Lovely that your folks were there to share the day!!
Missy - hope your OH is looking after you and your boy till you are fully back on your feet!

Have been out all day with some relatives who are over from Singapore - M has been a dream all day (thankfully) Put him down to sleep at his usual time of 7pm - then at 23:30 transferred him to his car seat, as we were leaving my parents - he woke up gave gummy grins to everyone - then fell back asleep.... Got home - and he transferred straight to bed - with no issues! halle-blinking-lujah - Fingers crossed wont hear a peep out of him now!! Cheeky glass of sauvignon blanc before bed me thinks!

x

Great. The dog was in the living room and startled somehow, pulling my computer charger off the sofa and scaring himself. Then the baby dropped her plastic rings on the floor, scaring him even more. Then he followed us into the nursery for a dipe change and the sound of the Diaper Genie closing scared him, and the stool of the glider went crazy when he tried to jump on it.

Now he's a crazy nervous wreck! God help me if he's suddenly terrified of the entire house.

Oh, Birdie, enjoy your wine. I'm drinking a glass of fake wine and it's not fooling me.

Gah! How long is this sleep regression/fussy period meant to last? I want my screamy- but - does - a - dolly baby back!

Missy, re: sleeping without bras, I've started wearing tight camisoles (the kind that seem like they should have a shelf bra sewn in, only these don't). They are tight enough to hold nursing pads in place but stretchy enough to pull off my shoulder (or even just under th boob in some cases).

Discovered them a couple weeks ago... Sleeping without a bra is like heaven!

City - Poor Dog! My Cat is a nervous wreck all the time... he doesn't know what to do with himself. OH is always yelling at him for going near or in the babies stuff, the furniture, our bedroom etc...

Loo - I don't think we have hit the sleep regression yet... Do ALL babies go through it? Is it getting up ever 3 hours or less through the night or ?! She is sleeping from 8pm to 3 am generally now that I've done away with the 11:30pm dreamfeed. I haven't noticed any changes anyway.

There has been too much excitement on this thread between Loo's engagement and Emeras possible pregnancy! I don't think I can handle it! Hurry up and get a test Emera!

We only DTD once around a possible but unconfirmed ovulation time so I'm pretty sure there will be no excitement here. I think I would hate to get pregnant this cycle as I would have a similar due date to Keira and I know its stupid but I feel like that could jinx it! I would be super excited though, I've been feeling particularly broody lately.

I'm starting to plan Keira's 1st birthday. Super early I know... but I want it to be perfect! Again, I know its stupid as she will never remember it, but who knows when I will have the time/money to give her a really special party again.

Edit - Sleeping without a bra... OMG I've been able to do it since removing the dreamfeed as she gets up every 3 hours and my milk supply is settled enough that I don't really leak puddles in my sleep anymore. No breastpads or anything.. I feel like I'm living life on the edge! lol I wonder if I risk sagging boobs from it though... so not used to these huge boobs. (Can I keep them after we are done nursing pls?!)

I think the first birthday is more about the parents than the baby, so go for it! After all you went through with Keira, you deserve a party!

Our neighbors threw a traditional Korean party for their twins' first birthdays... it's a huge deal there, like on the scale of a bar mitzvah... they had it at a Korean hotel and OMG, we walked in and it looked like a wedding reception! I mean, it was fancier than our wedding reception was. And the babies were in traditional Korean outfits... so cute.

Not sure what we'll do for G, not planning that far ahead yet!

Lately she's really started connecting with me as a person. We will sit and stare into each other's eyes and I know she's seeing me as "Mommy." She's so sweet, it just about kills me. I cry every time the song "When You Wish Upon a Star" comes up in the nursery iPod mix, because I wished on a star for a baby. :cloud9:

And your poor cat, hopefully things will settle down soon.

I don't think I will go quite that far with the party City! lol That is a little TOO much!

Isn't it so sweet when you get that feeling they know who you are! My Aunt got her a copy of "Love you forever" and I can't get through it! I don't think it is meant for Mommies to read as I have found it impossible to do!

I don't think OH is ever going to relax about poor Fatty. Ever since OH saw him sleeping in her car seat he has been treated like an arch nemesis.

Morning lads

Firstly - Emera are you testing today or waiting , just so we can either become über excited again or so that the suspense can be put on hold for a bit.

We've had a goods night but not an amazing one. O has Been up since 5 but my lovely OH got up with her, they're both asleep on the sofa now, bless. Not sure if it was because she was in her cot or just a bad night anyway :shrug:

Missy how are you feeling?

Loo our sleep regression lasted about a month altogether. It was only really really bad for 2 weeks or so.

I have no Idea what we will do for O's first birthday yet but I doubt it will be a big thing, I can see the attraction though skadi so when it comes to it might end up joining you with a big one :haha:

Hope everyone else has good/better nights ?

I'm not going to get the chance to go to town today, so no test, as I'm way too cheap to spend out on one! Anyway, if I leave it a bit then it should be more obvious if its a pos or neg result. With F my first test when I felt a bit funny was one of those take the test apart, hold it under different lights and spot the shadow result, and I can't be bothered with that!! :haha:

We are off to a friends house for a sunday roast this arvo and to meet their newborn (3 weeks old, awww!). Going to pop round the corner to Maman Jojo to buy them something gorgeous! Yay, love love love buying baby presents! :)

F hates me today, she's all smiley and "I love you mummy" and then ii atytack her wth saline spray and cooled boiled water and eye drops! :cry: what a meany!! At least her eyes have almost totally cleared up, as has her cold. Was going to cancel with our friends if she wasn't seeming better as I don't want to give their tiny boy a cold, but I think she's well enough, and I'll keep her away from him just in case.

Hey, thanks for all your concern, I still feel a bit rough but tons better. I think expressing helped loads and oh putting t in his own room helped. He woke for a big feed at 1 and then went straight back down. Then at 4. Then got up withoh at 7. They let me sleep till 10 which was great.

I think we're in the middle of sleep regression itsbeen going on for a couple of weeks so far... waking up at least one or two extra times in the night.

Emera, I think you're wise but soooooo patient. Do you think you are or no idea? I did so many tests lastyear (like from before I could have even ovulated hahaha).

D's not waking up any more times, she is just waking up earlier and staying awake. For the
Past two mornings it has been 2.45, and that makes for a long day! I could stand being awake from 5am, but I've already been awake for 8 hours today and it's only 11am :sad2:

Yeah that's naughty. Have you tried that boring her to sleep bit? What time does she ggo down? I just keep feeding t until he goes back to sleep ha ha. Also with him in another room its easier to ignore his grumbles!

Emera aren't there Dollar... Err Pound? Stores there? Lol I got my first pregnancy test I got my positive on for only a dollar. Just impatient! :)

Firstly OMG -loo – massive congratulations – the boy did good – amazing ring. I love a good wedding. I planned my for 5 years ( that’s how long we were engaged) so any help needed you can count on us ladies!!!

Loving the engagement stories. We were engaged in Las Vegas at the Bellagio fountains – was amazing – up there with my wedding day and having E

MrsCupcake – amazing news about the house – hope you had fun celebrating
Another OMG to emera – did you test ??

WT – E has been drooling like a river too – four bibs we went through in one afternoon – she loves to suck them aswell
L&L – I use grobags with E – no bumper as it doesn’t fit on our cot – waste of money but we bought it in a bundle as it went with our room theme
Missy – So sorry you are feeling ill – I agree get checked out – and some rest if you can

Well ladies im never drinking again - went to an all day wedding - free bar, champagne and wine, im suffering today, E is being a good baby and was amazing for nana and good for daddy during the night

L x

Vitfa - I say that everytime, you'll be back on the wine by the weekend :haha:

Gave Z a 7oz bottle at 10.30 last night after a feed at 5 and another at 7. He lasted til 1.30, DH went through a rock to sleep, put down, wake up repeat cycle til 2.15 I took over and he screamed til 2.30. We thought it was wind so didn't want to feed him but had to at half2. Then he woke at 5 and wriggled til 6.45. So it doesn't look like filling him up makes much difference to sleeping! Plus I keep forgetting to give the infacol first :dohh:

Oh, and DTD for the first time last night, finally :haha:

Oh sleeping without a bra felt soooooo good! I wore a like Cami top and slept on a puppy pad and towel. No leakage. Might do that more often.

This hair falling out thing is so annoying. X

Eta vitfa.yuk for hangovers, I've not had one in over two years and I'm loving it! Almost tempted to never drink again.

Skadi, yep there are pound stores (PoundLand!!), but not near to me, i live in a really expensive area (in a crumby flat) so i could probably get a gift boxed pregnancy test that predicts the IQ of your baby for £25 round here and that's about it. Its all fancy delis, designer shoe shops and estate agents round here! :haha:

Missy, glad you are feeling a bit better! To answer your question, i really have no clue if i am or not. I have some suspicious symptoms, which have put the idea into my head, but as i'm bf so much, my head says i'm not. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->