March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Can I just say how frustrating it is when a person says they just don't have time to do certain things and then their FB feed is full of things like, "X just fed fourteen ducklings and moved up to Magical Duck Master level in Magical DuckPond World!" and "X just completed their ninth word-search puzzle: Types of Teddy Bears!"

Like, come on, if you want to waste time and lie about it, at least don't leave an obvious evidence trail!

:rofl: :rofl: 'Types of Teddy Bears'! :rofl: My kind of wordsearch puzzle...NOT! So know what you mean tho!

And then you talk to the person and they're like, "Oh, I wish I had more time to do XYZ but my schedule is just crazy," and you have to be like, "Oh, suuuure, I understand."

When really I'd so much rather just hear, "Meh, I just wanted to spend today feeding virtual ducklings and searching for words."

She went until 5!!! 5am I tell you! I still feel like I've been hit with a lorry though. 5 hours sleep over two nights is bad. Lozza, I salute you. xxx

City, HA!!!! :rofl:

Loo, five hours total over two nights? I would die! Maybe she's just mad that with the wedding coming, she won't be the latest big news anymore.

G and I have made it through 3.5 days without DH... 3 more until he's home!

Honestly, evenings are so much easier and calmer without him. Because the routine isn't about juggling dinner/trying to watch a whole tv show/etc... It's just about getting her to bed. And because everything is so calm, she goes down really easily.

Don't tell. :rofl:

Loo. T did too. Although he woke at 11 as we came to bed which i can totally handle. Plus I woke at 3, 4, and then it was me who got him up at 5 (thank god I'd expressed at 11) because my boob hurt.

Just waiting for him to doze back off. Jabs today :-(

City, you crack me up. You should just like whenever they do a wordsearch.how many types of Teddy are there???

City I know what you mean about calmness. Luckily my oh like eating late (like 8.30) this used to absolutely kill me but now its quite handy as we bath and bed the baby early andcan chill together.

Not sure it will work later as I want us all to eat together but fir now, its great.

Eta oh what a shock its peeing down here.

Ps did I remember to tell you that t pooed on me? It was when he was poorly and really upset. I was changing him handheld was screaming so hard he did that choking thing so I picked him up to cuddle him and it just exploded out of him. All up my arm. It was hot. It got everywhere

Are you feeling better, Missy? Perhaps baby poo has healing powers. :haha: Lucky you!

I changed the names and type of word activity to protect the unnamed. But believe me, Types of Teddy Bears is just about as useful as what's actually being done. Don't get me wrong... I'm not against people boodling around online (CLEARLY). Just don't fool yourself that you don't have time for anything else because you're SO busy.

Yeah, as far as the bedtime routine, if I could shift it all up one hour, I would actually have time to hang out with DH. Imagine that. Right now I'm just thrilled that we have a routine at all.

City I hear you about night times being easier without OH :haha: funny that isn't it!

Missy, poo not contained, at least partially, by a nappy is just scary eh? :sick: Roh pooed all up my front once it was like getting a spray tan in yellow! :shock:

I think F can join the 11-5 club too! There was significant grumbling at some point though.

Unfortunately Z seems harder to get to bed when DH isn't here! It makes no difference if he's just late home but if he's actually away Z seems to know and takes he's to go down. Maybe he just senses I'm knackered at that point so does it to annoy me.

Missy - hope you're feeling a bit better today :hugs:

Can't wait for Z to join this 11-5 club. He went down at 8.30, woke at 11, came in with me and slept till 12. Fed & put down at 1, woke at half 2. I have him the infacol ready to feed and he fell asleep til 4.45 I think, then either he woke up or I did, but fed him at 6 I think. the nights are all becoming a blur now. Started the infacol on Friday so still a few days for t to kick in. I did eat quite a bit of dairy yesterday though and he was more unsettled early evening... If the infacol doesn't do anything by the weekend (a week should be long enough to at least show some improvement right?) I'll give up the dairy again. He has done te odd 6 hr stretch on it but the only decent few days in row I've ever had we're that week I was off it. Maybe there is something to it?

Mum is coming up today til thursday :happydance: I really hope he doesn't cry when he's handed over like he did with mil!

just reading what you've been up to, we have had a hectic weekend

just wanted to let y'all know that the sttn fairy came to visit last night and i have captured her! ha ha

R slept from 7pm to 11pm (feed) and slept until 8am!!!!! (feed) and is still asleep!!!! shock

poor boy must be tired out from all the kissing from grannies etc

Lozza...sorry for your bad night....has anyone suggested Colief....seems to help when LOs have a lack of lactase to break down the lactose...just wondered if there was therefore some link to dairy aspect:shrug:.

Missy...hope you are feeling better x x

Emera and Loo....wooop for the good nights

Today my parents go home:happydance:....actually thats bad but my dad is 80 and repeats himself and just ralks about random stuff....he us your typical Daily Mail reader....get rid of immigrants...stuff human rights etc etc...he is getting worse!!! My mum has been.great with M...she got lots of smiles playing with her and feedibg her. She is a winding phenomenon...she got wind out where i didnt think.there wad any. That being said it doesnt give M pain....was just funny.though

Oh and second oldest mama here...39:cry:

right i think i have caught up just about

hugs to missey fro being ill

yay for DTD and boo for not yet DTD

glad i didn't miss the testing , emera

any plans yet loo?

Mitch - no ones mentioned it, but after you offered I did read the back of the packet and saw it specifically mentioned lactose. If you've still got it maybe I'll get it off you when we meet up? I need to give the infacol a week to work really rather than trying everything at once again!
MrsC - lucky you!!!! Granny is coming today, maybe that will wear Z out! I'm such an optimist....

:rofl: at City and her ducklings :haha: and sorry for asking your age but it does make me the oldest...I'm 42 next :shock: :brat:

Yay for the sttn fairy visiting some and boo for the nip-witch visiting Lozza again :sleep: she's the one that comes and nips babies awake when really all they want to do is sttn.

Oh joy....it's raining again.....:wacko:

Just occurred to me I won't be going out today, as i've started full on potty training with Roh, nappy cold turkey! Damn! I'll have to see if OH can pop by to get some tests later after work. :dohh: After deciding to test yesterday and the test being duff, I now really want to know ether way! :wacko:

I definitely can't go out actually as Roh seems to think he has to take all his clothes of to do a wee! :dohh:

Lozza, I have to say if Z seemed more settled when you cut dairy out, I'd be really suspicious that it was the lactose that was causing his discomfort. It just seems like a big coincidence when he's displaying a lot of the symptoms of lactose intolerance. :shrug: Is his tummy really hard when he's uncomfortable? N a way if it is the dairy, that would be great as there is a simple and easy way to sort it (although not much fun for you). I can send you some nice dairy free cake recipes to keep you going if you like! ;)

I know what you mean about it feeling like they do the not settling thing just to annoy you!! Its so frustrating! F will just doze off where ever I dump her in the day, but in the evening, when I want her to sleep she's having none of it, and pops awake crying the second I put her down, or try to settle her in bed! :dohh: I frequently have to remind myself that she's still tiny and not capable of the sort of planning and thinking she'd need to be doing it intentionally to wind me up! :haha: Even remembering that fact I have to admit there are times I just think she knows exactly what she's doing and its all a big scheme to make sure she spends the whole eveing with me!! :rolleyes:

Honestly, I can't believe its RAINING!!! What a shock! :shock:

Lol Emera that's so cute about ROH thinking he hgas to takke all his clothes off!

So yesterday morning I got woken up by Her movement monitor alarm. I don't know what was going on but I shook her awake and she just looked at me like wtf mom?! Its never gone off like that before, my heart was pounding!

We were at a BBQ for the Afro Carib Assoc. Here yesterday. This one girl was holding her and I don't know who she was but OH and his sister was talking to her and she starts putting Keira in my face and when she looked away this girl had the nerve to say " oh you don't want your mom, you want your Aunt!" She then tried to give Keira to her aunt so I had to intercept that pass! She then asked if I don't put socks on her feet! Um Hello. It felt like 40 degrees out... Why would I try to make her more hot? Whoever she is just hit the list of never touching baby again.

You won't believe it either... Another woman tried the same thing with her about the "oh you don't want Mommy" so I just snatched her right back. On my list!

How rude is that!

Argh Skadi, how rude, I'd be slapping people!! :shock: Jeez!

Roh's just done a big poo without nappy. I was making coffee and heard ...."Poo poo" from the living room. Roh proudly announced "poo poo on the chair". There it was sat on F's bouncer chair. :dohh: We've just had a long chat about how much more chocolate we can eat if the poo is in the potty rather than on the chair! :wacko: This is going to be a fun week!!

Oh dear, emera, this is going to be a week of hilarious poo stories.

I'm trying to change my sky over to virgin. I know i'm going to ring sky and they will bug me into upgrading my stuff instead. Snore.

Lozza sorry for the bad night again :hugs: i really hope the infacol starts doing something soon for you both.

Yay for all the good nights - go babies!!!!

Skadie what plebs - I'm the same as you and have a list! dreading how big it's going to get at this wedding at the weekend

Emera you have to test before Thursday as i'm away then till late Saturday :haha:. And bless Roh, at least he was half way there and took his pants off and sat down. I'm sure he'll get it all in know time.

My MIL thinks we should 'start on the path of potty training now' my BIL and his wife have a thing where they held there daughters over the loo as they pooed when they were babies and untill they could do it themselves. It worked for them and I'm sure it was lovly not having pooy nappies. But IMP a toddler having a pooey bum and not liking it helps them want to not have one so helps with yje potty training. Plus O hates pooing in her nappy already, she's only ever fully gone it in twice since she was 3 weeks old, she'll start to go and then scream untill i lay her down, undo the nappy and let her poo into an open nappy on the floor. According to my MIL this is perfect as i'll always know when to hold her over the loo, yea maybe i will but it's obviously a little traumatic for O as it is I'm not gonna make it worse by making her poo into a loo, but my MIL talks as if it's all set in stone that we're doing it this way and my OH goes along with everything she says. GGRRAAAHHH JUST BUT OUT!

sorry for the random rant there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->