March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I am officially the last one to dtd...was meant to be last night but hubby not well and was a sweating, coughing.mess last night. Not condusive to dtd :cry:

Awww mitch you poor thing. Stupid ill hubby. Maybe he's got mastitis!

I think i'm feeling worse as the day goes on. Out for dinner tonight with OHs family. Tired but looking forward to giant meaty food.

Mitch, we haven't really done it. It hurt a lot the first time (granted that was 7 weeks ago) so that scared us both off a bit. That was really only a half attempt!

Emera, surely your friend with a newborn must have a test or two stashed away somewhere?

Missy, glad you're feeling better. Isn't sleeping without a bra amazing? At first, I was like, I don't want to sleep in a bra--but was too tired to notice/care. Now I know better!

Lozza, good job! :thumbup:

Ok so loads of mashed potatoes and swede left from roast dinner today soooo i thought why not add some water....pop in food processor then.freeze in ice cube trays for her. Well just remembered that i popped a bit.of milk and butter spread in potatoes before mashing for us.....hmmmmm.....chuck away? Mum said it would be ok.but i.am not convinced

After 6 months I THINK it would be ok mitch but not to sure :shrug:

:( missy hope you don't get as bad as last night

D'oh, Missy, I missed the post where you felt worse. I'm sorry!

I am so ready for N's snot monster to leave. Snotty feeds are crap. So much air, so few burps... Gah.
Mitch hope DH feeling better for tonight! We're certainly not back to normal in that department so don't feel bad! No idea on the mash, stick it into google! X
Missy hope you have a huge protein fix tonight, you need it if you're ill!!
Lozza glad your passion killer conversation didn't halt proceedings last night! Hope z had a good day xx
N is defo awake much more in the day, and I get a lot less done!!! Not that he needs entertaining as such, I'd just got used to having an hour every three hours to do stuff and he's now having three 45 min sleeps all day!!' seems happy enough though so assuming he doesn't need any more?!
Got roast chicken and honey parsnips in the oven, smells yummy!!!
Xxx

Waula....M has 2 x 40min naps in the morning and 2 x 40min naps in.afternoon......sometimes misses the second one of afternoon.if too close to bedtime. Only then does she get grumpy and grouchy before bed....if she gets all 4 naps its perfect..

I.put her down to nap in cot for first of the day and rest in carrycot in living room.....however thats getting small...have got a travel cot which would double as a playpen when shes charging around...unfortunately too big for living room:nope:

Mitch the leftover veg will be just fine with milk and spread in, no worries! Assuming you didn't add salt.

Just a note of caution, if you used stock for the potatoes or salted butter I'd personally chuck it.

Mitch, we've not DTD yet, I don't dare to until contraceptives ate sorted but I'm having the coil fitted on Friday.

Naps....E has been all over the place over the last week, poorer nights have led to an inability to nap. Oddly she went from 10.30 to 1.15 today whilst I was out at a meeting but she had been wired since 6. I'm so tired today.

I daydream of a quiet bedroom with fluffy feather duvet and crunchy clean bed linen. It's the daytime, sunlight glows through the curtains. Like when I was ill as a child, admitted to my parent's bed, I am brought boiled egg, soldiers and Radio 4 is playing Women's Hour softly in the background. I slide down into this cool bed linen and driiiift.

Bliss.

Missy, I reckon you're due medicinal doses of that.

MsC salted butter is actually fine in small quantities after 6 months, although I'd maybe not use it in a first food particularly, primarily as you don't really want to encourage a palate that will opt for salty food all the time . The important thing is not to add salt to anything as there will be more than enough either naturally in foods or in products like hard cheese or butter etc. As I said in small quantities, it isn't at all harmful or unhealthy. I wouldn't be adding lashings of butter to everything right off or anything, but a touch here and there is part of a balanced diet. For example cream cheese on breadsticks is a great thing to give as finger food, even though the cream cheese does contain some salt. :shrug:

Egg and soldiers in bed, I'd go to some lengths for that!

I daydream of a quiet bedroom with fluffy feather duvet and crunchy clean bed linen. It's the daytime, sunlight glows through the curtains. Like when I was ill as a child, admitted to my parent's bed, I am brought boiled egg, soldiers and Radio 4 is playing Women's Hour softly in the background. I slide down into this cool bed linen and driiiift.

Bliss.

Missy, I reckon you're due medicinal doses of that.

OMG...sod DTD...that bed and scenario just sounds like absolute and sheer bloody bliss!!!!!! :thumbup: :haha:

xx

Mscrow that sounds just lovely! I could really go fir that. Big lovely squashy pillows.

We went out and I had a nice light Lamb stew with mash. Was great. But then a massive bit of sticky toffee cheese cake.

I'm still dizzy and now have an awful cough. How do you cope with feeding and coughing? T just keeps looking at me all upset

Gaah Missy, tell me about it. Its a nightmare! I keep really upsetting F with my coughing fits. :( Actually I suspect she's getting used to it by now. She's been unlatching, looking at me and then pulling the upside down smiley face and sobbing when I cough. :( Poor girl, today though she's just given me a filthy look then carried on feeding. :dohh: Hope you get to go to the doctors tomorrow. :hugs:

I've got to take T for his jabs tomorrow so will see if i can get an appointment.

i'm currently drinking a homemade concoction of hot water, honey, ginger, lemon, peppermint and cayenne to see if that will help. It's quite yummy and i'm not coughing!

I've missed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!!!

Lozza - yay for bonking but when the hell did you fit that in between all those feeds :rofl:

Loo - have you come down off :cloud9: yet? probably if MissD is being a naughty night owl....sleep little girl!

City - awwww love your story about wishing on a star....and exactly how old are you? nosey question I know but I'd love to not be the oldest here :haha:

Missy - get better soon :hugs::hugs:

I've bought J a Jumperoo...bless him his feet don't touch the ground, hoping as the weeks go by he'll be more interested than just drooling all over it :roll:

Pretty sure you're older, Glowie. :haha: I'm 35.

(Edit: I only say that because I think I know how old you are from past posts.)

:rofl: don't worry Glowie I'm also in the more mature mama bracket. I'm 38! :thumbup: xx

Can I just say how frustrating it is when a person says they just don't have time to do certain things and then their FB feed is full of things like, "X just fed fourteen ducklings and moved up to Magical Duck Master level in Magical DuckPond World!" and "X just completed their ninth word-search puzzle: Types of Teddy Bears!"

Like, come on, if you want to waste time and lie about it, at least don't leave an obvious evidence trail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->