March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Oh my word... 3 messages in the last 24 hours from DH's family 'reminding' us to take our passports/birth certificates along when we fly out to see them on Thursday. We did live overseas for 2 years, and I lived in the US for 3 years before that - passports are a part of our lives! And in case you're wondering, no, I've never forgotten them before, giving them reason to think I'd forget this time. No idea why they all think I need reminding. Grrrrr... Just annoyed when people think I can't think for myself or treat me like a child.

Skadi...i agree depends on baby....i thought naps tended to consolidate around 6 months. However i read that baby sleep cycles tend to be around 40 minutes (hence very often thik is the length of the naps) and when the bhaby can self settle and get themselves off to sleep better...they tend to string these naps together into longer ones

Its amazing how much a baby being inconsolable takes it out of you...feel exceptionally knackered now...plus didnt nap during her lengthy 3 hour nap as i was worried when she would wake and what she'd be like. As it goes she woke full of the usual smiles for mummy and giggly whilst feeding. Bless her. I am pooped.

Missy...cant help on.the rash but agree it looks little a dampness rash....you know from drooly/vommy wet clothes maybe against skin x a dry off....bit of.Sudocrem and keep an eye on it...thats what i would do.:kiss:

Oh and regards age....i just keep remembering that i am 40 next year....that usually cheers me up no end NOT :-(

Emera... also love the Roh stories! I think he's our March Mama's mascot or something, considering how much everyone loves him.... :haha: Are you planning to test today, lady?:test:

Mitch, sorry about the weird nap M gave you. A sometimes does that, but only if she wakes up hungry. Then she eats and goes right back down to sleep. I think you have M on more of a schedule than A is on, though, so it may not be hunger.

Skadi, that must be so nice to get such long naps out of her so regularly!

Ugh, crowned, I hate that kind of thing!

Mitch, it's amazing how the impact of a baby breakdown can stay with you... When the baby has cheerfully moved on!

just ignore them crowned! Families huh? they always seem to know exactly how to wind us up.

I'm glad M was fine after her nap mitch!

Yeah, really. DH says it's because he's absent-minded - they've gotten used to reminding him about everything - guess now I just get tacked on to that. Oh well - I'm over it.

give it time crowned (admittedly it may need to be years and years of time) they will realise eventually your not like that!

Crowned - Hmmm Yes I do love the long naps as I can cook and clean etc... (and obviously internet! lol) but No because I get less playtime with her.

Crowned, maybe you should call them three times in a row to let them know you were already on top of it. And if they say, "I know, you just called," you can tell them that they obviously think things need to be said three times.

Ha, city, that's good! I want to rise above it this time though, and be the bigger person. ( I like your idea though... might end up using it one day!) Just like my stressy moment the other day about them judging my post-baby body/parenting/daughter, I just have to learn not to let them get to me.

Argh, hellish evening! F just would NOT go to sleep! She's just had a total meltdown after being awake since 5.30pm, which is waaay too long for her! Bless, she was just sooo tired, but just wouldn't settle down, whatever I did. I tried all my tricks! Poor thing, I hate the overtired thing!

On the plus side, Roh did amazingly with the potty training apart from the poo on Fs chair and running away to go and do a poo on his bed in the afternoon! :haha: then tried to pick it up and got upset as it was on his hands and his bed! :dohh: his conclusion, "poo poo yuck, smells baaadd!" :haha: so hopefully he's learnt something there!

Also, OH got a £600 tax rebate. Ace! That's another month off work for me! Wee! :)

Crowned, you have the patience of a saint, I'd so have snapped by the 3rd check up!!

Awwwwwww Roy is so cute.

Emera where is this test result please?

I think t is about to wake up so I'm reluctant to sleep but if I stay up he's bound to sleep....

My first baby sensory tomorrow. Then meeting the gals for a coffee. Yay.

Crowned that is soooooo annoying!

Oh and plumber might come back on Thursday... maybe.

Missy, just have crowned's in-laws handle your plumber for you. ;)

Emera, I agree, when are you going to test? You're driving us all insane!

Today the dog and baby are both being feisty. I'm left feeling a bit like I can't do anything right for anyone! G just wants to be on the boob non-stop. She's holding on to my bra strap like reins or something.

Argh true, with all the poo and F being all hardcore awake I forgot about the tests, OH must have forgotten to get them or he'd have given them to me. :dohh: oh well, guess I'll grab some tomorrow. Sorry for unnecessary suspense! :blush:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Finally caught up on the last four days. So many exciting things! Weddings, new houses and possible new babies already, oh my.

Congrats loo, very romantic. So fun to hear everyones proposal stories. Ours was more a both laying in bed and he says do you want to get married. I said sure and we went to sleep.

Now that I'm trying to type I can't seen to remember much more from those twenty pages. I figure I owe you guys info on us still since I'm a year ahead on hearing your stories. DH did the Seattle to Portland bike ride this weekend so the last few days involved lots of driving. We had a lot of fun and some horrible times. The leaky boobs of the first day, the ergo with her in it helped hide the wetness of the entire right side of my shirt, was nothing compared to the forty minutes stuck in stop and go traffic in Portland with just D and me. She was crying, coughing, and choking in the back and I was bawling up front because there was nothing I could do. So glad I don't live in that large of a city. We did have a good time in Seattle visiting aunts and uncles, DH survived his bike ride so it worked out.
We still have yet to dtd, last week had the granulation tissue burnt off so waiting on that to heal and then I may be out of excuses except being a bit terrified. Think I won't mention that to him, don't want to make him too nervous.
D's name is from Atlas Shrugged, we both like the book. It also means new day.

Hi silly! Gish that sounds like a busy weekend. I can totally sympathise with the leaky boobs.

Emera you are so funny.

Well I was right. T woke up. I've not been to sleep yet and I've actually git stuff to do. But t is really unsettled and has a mega temp so I'm just sitting in the rocking chair holding him to sleep. As soon as I move he screams. Have given calpol, stripped him down and put the fan on....

My arm and bum are numb. Also I'm amazed oh hasn't woken up.

Doesn't want to sleep, doesn't want to be awake, screams for food, screams on the boob, screams being burped, smiles when she spits up, goes back to screaming.

It has been a really fun evening here so far!

Morning lads....:yawn:

Sounds like a few of us are experiencing this 'regression' thingy. Had a terrible night with A after a week or so of the sttn fairy paying us visits! Not usre if it's worse once you've kinda got used to having a little sleep. Sorry Lozza, it most probably isn't.

A went down at 8pm up at 11pm after OH disturbed her stomping around getting ready for bed. She was grinning, giggling and wide a bloody wake!! Finally got her down around 1am...then heard shrieking over monitor at 2am, settled her - back in bed 2.30am and back up around 4am to settle and try and stop her giggling and thumping her legss down viciously on bed!!!! Finally gave up at 6am and come downstairs and gave her food. She's now asleep on sofa after an hour of grinning/ shrieking! Bless her.

So jabs this morning...woohoo...should be nice on no sleep...

Have a great day my sleep-deprived friends xxx

Sorry lads having a bad time :( :hugs:

Hope the STTN fairy visted at least a few of us. We had a bit of a nightmare night :( up 4 times altogether and up now since half 6

Boo, the night was just as crappy as the evening was! F was just totally off on one! :dohh: She's shattered now and fast asleep, hoping she'll chill out a bit after a good sleep. Wishing to anything that I could go back to bed!! :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->