March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Sorry for all the bad nights....luckily M hasnt read on the internet about the 4 month sleep regression....usual nights sleep here even after her lengthy nap yesterday. Was up from 3:15pm til 6:15pm then crashed out. Just gone down for first morning nap. Out for a walk today so wondering what her naps will look like today:shrug:

Nicnak..hope the jabs go ok...let me know. Hoping they are fine like the others as we go away on Saturday to stay with friends then Centre parcs....fingers crossed for weather i have heard that after Friday its going to be nice for 2 weeks though dont exactly trust forwcast hmmmm

Right going to grab my shower and get ready for the day...have.a good one all and emera get onto that test:haha:

Oh and emera hope rohs realisation that poo is smelly and yucky helps with the potty training x

Morning sleepy lads.

I'm so pig sick jealous that of the mamas whose babies have naps. My days are spent holding D. Occasionally she will let me put her down whilst sleeping but it never lasts more than 10 mins. She will nap in my arms, but if I try to shift her so I am more comfortable, that's the end of it.

The exception to this was of course the epic 2+ hour nap that she has only once in her life achieved. When Waula, Lozza, Glow, MsC, N, Z, J and E were all there to witness it :rofl:

I've got a massive head cold. I've been snotty for 3 days, but today I'm all achey and feel like I've been run overbuy a truck. Fun. Fx D fancies a duvet day. Fat chance.

WT, we are considering November 20th which is the anniversary of when we started going out. I'm just not sure if that's a little soon only bring 4 months off. Al thinks its ok :shrug: Definitely maybe a destination wedding or possibly eloping. Possibly :rofl: any ideas for a destination wedding/eloping with an 8 month old?
I have seen this for potential eloping https://www.millbrookestate.co.uk/runawaywedding.html but Al is all over Vagas which could be fun.....but can you take a baby to the desert? Specially Vagas? I like the idea of a beach wedding. Sand between my toes type thing. Did anyone have one? Ideas please!

Loo, 4 months is eeeaaaasssssyyyy, just do it. Vegas is great, a total blast but consider you'd be inside a lot with D though it's not so bad in November. We thought the little white wedding chapel was a hoot and our $35 package even came with a limo pick up. Arf!

Otherwise I'd go wiggle my toes in sand in south India.

Silly, I totally sympathise with the inconsolable baby in the back car seat. It's heart wrenching and really stressful.

Still sleep regressing here. I feel wrecked and somehow need to find brain cells to write my maiden speech on the withdrawal of council tax benefit for this evening.

On the upside, I finally found a childminder. She's lovely and we're off to sign the contract in a mo.

Mscrow...glad you found a childminder x my friends got married in Vegas...looked amazing. November not too.hot either...i.have been in October and May.

Loo....4 months is plenty of time if you are going low key...'proper' dress though please:winkwink:. Vegas great...i have friends who got married in Tuscany...beautiful!! Or the Caribbean they do great packages mmmm but Nov might.be a bit iffy for weather...rainy/hurraine season x

Ooof. Never thought about the weather for a beach wedding! We went to the Maldives one Nov and had to dodge some pretty massive rainstorms. Not that you can get married in the Maldives. Which is a shame.

Al is trying to get all frisky via text. I text him that he'd have to coat his balls in Vicks Vapour Rub if he wanted a bj tonight. Could I BE anymore sexy??? :rofl::rofl:

Ooof

Al is trying to get all frisky via text. I text him that he'd have to coat his balls in Vicks Vapour Rub if he wanted a bj tonight. Could I BE anymore sexy??? :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :haha: :haha: :rofl: :rofl:

You are one classy lady Miss Lindley!!!!!! LOVE IT. X

i reckon 4 months is easy too. my vote is for a beach destination wedding rather than vegas but that is just me. def vote for a 'proper' dress!

surveyor just left. still feeling nervous, he said there were a couple of niggles but he didnt think they were any reason to prevent a sale. lets hope the buyer agrees with him.

gorgeous sunshine heere. wriggly whinging baby on lap. gtg

Loo I think Jamaica is lovely in November, not at it's hottest and very low chance of rain/storms! But vagas would be amazing! And yes a proper dress please!!!

well O and i went back to bed and didn't wake till 11.30!! 3.5 hours! not sure how that will effect her naps for the rest of the day though, might just aim for one nap at 3 o'clock, if she makes it that far!

we're deffinitly not going to make it to 3! she's falling asleep now, less than 2 hours after waking up from the huge nap. i hope she's ok :shrug:

EDIT 1.15 and she soundo! tired little munchkin today

L&L, I read on a website yesterday that 4 month olds get tired after about 1 hour and 15 mins of being awake, regardless of how long they slept before that, and if they're up much longer than that, they end up 'overtired.' Not sure how accurate it is, but it helps explain why A is always willing to nap 2 hours after a nap, regardless of how long the previous nap was.

we normally go 1.5-2 hours of being awake as well so sounds about right.

I'm miserable. Dizzy, achey, nauseated plus sleep deprived. Sort of feels like my body disagrees with something I ate. I had to wake DH to help take care of them last night because I kept feeling like I was going to pass out. :( :( :( I hope it's a passing blip. I don't have time to get sick. :cry:

M only had a 20 min nap on walk...hopibg she makes it til 2:30 at leadt for a feed before another sleep but not looking likely at moment...sucking thumb on playmat..sign of imminent crash

WT...hope you.feel better soon...try and get some sleep x x

Busy day here, got afriend on the way but had 5 mins to test, BFN. I'm sure I'd have been excited if t was positive, but I'm somewhat relieved it was ngative!!! :haha: still feel dodgy so may test again in a few days. Laters lads! Xxx

:hugs: WT hope it does pass quickly for you. Get your DH to help out as much as he can so you can try to take it easy.

hope you managed to get a feed in before M crashed mitch

At least you know now Emera and you can have that sigh of relief. Plus you made all our lives a little more exciting these last few days!

Wt, I hope it passes quickly. I feel grim too. It's hard enough looking after one, I can't imagine how two babies AND work would make me feel. :cry:

MsC, good luck for tonight.

Thanks for all your destination ideas. Im thinking about what a long flight could be like with an 8 month old!!

Swimming this afternoon. Al's in with her today so hopefully the sauna heat of the pool room will get me feeling better! :haha:

Thanks, lads. I took some Excedrin. (I'm not sure what the UK equivalent is.) It has acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. It is a wonder drug as it has relieved my aches while giving me a little caffeine boost too. Not BF friendly though.

Loo- Any thoughts of doing a little local wedding with parents and D as the "official" wedding and then flying off for a destination wedding for just the two of you? That way you wouldn't have to worry about whether the ceremony would be legal in the UK. I guess that doesn't work with BF though. Maybe wait till April instead?

Loo...probably a really good time to do long haul with a baby....i know Virgin have those fold down proper little cot things in the bulkhead seats and babies are well snug and comfy in those:happydance:

L&l...nope M crashed was too early for.feed......its fine though as it looks like she is having a double nap and might go through til nearer 3:30 which means that she will just about be able to hang on til bedtime...about 6:15 when shes ready to crash again. If she onlt had a short nap...another would be needed which is too close to bedtime etc etc. Gees its all about the mathematics here:haha:

WT....i swear by cold and flu capsules we have here...what you are talking about sounds similar. I take them at the first sign of a cold/flu and it usually nips it in the bud or at least makes the length of time that i am ill shorter....

Ooopsie am waking up....holding out as she may go off again.

(Just had a little cry in her sleep....sooooo cute bless her....nothing like yesterdays.full on breakdown thank goodness)

Wt that's what I felt like.just horrible. I am still a bitwiped out but loads better. Hope you feel barter soon.

Baby sensory was ace.to seemed to like it. There were loads of people there and everyone was lovely.

Emera bad luck on the bfn die now but at least you have an extra bit of time to potty train roh before the morning sickness gets you!

No brain today. Didn't get to sleep until 3.

afternoon lads!

well thats the funerals done. Yesterday was very sad indeed, really going to miss my friends mum :(

anyway.

Loo - you can totally get married in 4months. so if you want to do it then... do it :hugs: however, i loved being engaged and really enjoyed the build up to getting married... so thats also something to consider.. lol.

WT - aww hunni :hugs: loads of hugs to you xxxx

well G was just weighed and is following the 50th line nicely now - he is 15lb :kiss: Still sleeping ok too.... sorry to all those struggling in the night though :nope:

ive been sooooo bad food wise this week due to the funerals etc. Im hoping to lose a pound still but very much doubt it.

still no visit from AF here either.... :( i want them to return :(

Hope ur all having a good afternoon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"