March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Photoshop! :cloud9:

Waula, F screeches like a demented cat! Its awful! :wacko: Generally it seems to be a precursor to her getting tired and whingy, she has a lovely time when she's doing it though! Not looking forwards to the screaming phases. Roh went through 3 phases of screaming as he found his voice and they were times of headaches and paracetamol consumption for me! They used to freak me out as you don't expect blood-curdling screams to come out of a tiny smiling mouth! :shock:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! this new routine of going to bed with O for her morning nap is lovely. we have lovely sleepy snuggles in bed and both get to catch some z's! She is in fact still there now hugging a pillow I carefully swapped to a make her think it was me! She's so cute hugged right into it!

Emera i hope F gets better soon, It's so horrible seeing an ill baby :(

I'm all for a bald topless wedding! especially if it's somewhere hot (though lot of sun cream would be needed or we would get some sore nips!)

We've not been to sensory but i know that mother care do it. Might look into it a bit more.

ummmm i have forgotten loads but hope everyone has lovely days.

I'm gonna be pretty busy today as we off tomorrow for a few days for this bloody wedding. Will try to pop on and keep up but the way you lads talk sometimes i can't make an promises.

L&L - oh yes that wedding! well enjoy it and all :hugs:

i need you lads to tell me why i shouldnt eat the snickers, the cake and all the crisps which are currently in my kitchen... im crumbling here!!! :rofl:

G is asleep again :dohh: he was only up for an hour and half :shrug:

Poor F, hope you get to see the docs Emera.

Waula, MrC fed her twice with the latex teat twice yesterday, she seems to prefer that to the Avent teats. My friends have her for the last time this morning and they struggle to feed E but I think it's a slight lack of confidence and well, E just has to be hungry. I'm hoping the childminder will intuitively be fine, I think she will. I can't cope with the guilt of coming home to a hungry baby.

Im here Waula! Thanks for the thought :)

I've fallen a bit behind though as I started reading that silly 50 shades of grey book!! Oops.. It's pretty boring but I'm weirdly addicted.. :(

Congrats loo on the engagement

Emera I hope f feels better soon (and yourself if your still feeling unwell)

Lozza- my mum mentioned the other day that they were told to give their babies a bit of water to help with wind.. She said it worked great.. I know your issue is obviously something but thought it could help..???

FT- sorry for all the people you've lost recently.. I've been thinking about you!

L&L- O is so gorgeous in your instagram photos ( I love that app so much!)

Hello to all the other mummas!!!

AFM- we are going along ok! I'm really over these issues with BF we keep having.. It's painful on between feed and also occasionally when feeding! Then it fixes itself for a few days and then starts again! I've noticed when my nips are hurting they are turning white.. No idea what's going on. Going talk to the health nurse about it. I don't want to jinx myself buy after 2 nights of B adding in a 2am feed as well as his usual 5am feed, last night he decided to sleep almost 10 hours (still about 3-4 wake ups for dummy though) but I was so shocked.. After that his been so tired today.. Thinking growth spurt maybe..??

So am thinking about getting into photography.. I've always had an interest in it and my sister dabbles in it a little.. I helped her with my cousins wedding and it was so much fun.! Hubby says he will buy me a great camera of I want to get serious! Id love to.. But I don't know a lot about to technical parts of it! I was getting into it before I feel pregnant then morning sickness hit and I lost all interest..

Anyways were ok here and hope you all are too!!!

wudluv - oh no, 50 shades has got you :haha: im refusing to read it...... well, for now :rofl:

hope you get the BFeeding sorted soon hunni :hugs: and yay for photography, if you enjoyed it before then give it a go... what have you got to lose xxx

I'm dreading it FT but just plan to smile and ignore the bride as much as possible :haha: did i mention the usher duties essay she sent to my OH, It was 5 pages long and gave them minute by minute instructions including when to give out and clear up everyone's drinks, what to say to people, what not to say to people, what colour socks to wear (and to make sure they have no holes) and when there inspection will be to make sure that are looking smart enough! Bridezilla much?
Loo please don't get like that!!!!!!!

Thanks wouldluv i love your pictures on there to, i am addicted to that app! but all my pictures seem to be off O or the cat! I'm like you and would love to get into photography but we can't afford it all at the moment. I;m lucky enough that my OH did it at uni so knows most the basic stuff but, and i wouldn't tell him this, he just isn't very arty and takes very boring pictures :rofl:
Your pictures on there are lovely, especially of B, he's such a gorgeous little chap! You should start trying to do it more! just get yourself a proper camera and an editing software like photoshop and just play around for a bit till you get used to it, then maybe look to take a evening course on the basic stuff like lenses and focusing and lighting, like FT says what have you got to lose?

Well O is never being aloud to sleep on the bed by herself again!! She just scared the bejesus out of me! i had the moniter on the bed out of her reach and was listen for her to wake up when suddenly there was some really REALLY heavy breathing in it. i ran to the bedroom to find she had rolled over twice to reach the monitor and was eating it!!!! i'd propped a pillow in front of her but never thought she'd roll that far over to the other side of the bed!! She just smiled and laughed at me when i went in and started talking to me,, probably very proud of herself for getting the monitor!
Naps by herself will now always be in her cot!!!!

EDIT actually she did have a pillow on her other side but must of rolled over it!! crazy little thing!

Hope F gets better soon emera! Sounds like a lovely lie in :haha:
Bad night Lozza :( naughty nip witch. You back on dairy free?
Went to Vegas a few years back, it was HOT! But fun... Bellagio buffet nearly killed me with gluttony.
MsC yay for great childminder! Assume E behaving with a bottle then? Glad your maiden speech went swimmingly. Today I need that cool bed, clean sheets, radio 4 thing a LOT. Thought both me and N could have a nap but he was way too overtired and very screechy (is anyone elses baby screeching?!) so he went in his cot whilst I hoovered - magical soothing sleepy powers of a dyson!!!
Loo hope D slept well and you know where we are if you need her to have another monster nap!!
Baby yoga today then Nct meet up...and it's flippin raining again. And the dog is howling. Eerie.
X

Waula - thats buffet was amazing - filled my preggo belly so full up - couldnt have the champagne though :(
Emera- Hope F feel better soon - let us know what the doctor says??

Loo - there are some stunning place to get married in Vegas - either a simple chapel or hotel on the strip. We sooo wanted to go it ( got engaged in Vegas) but my family is to large.

My favourite places were valley of the falls
https://www.mandalaybay.com/features-and-shopping/weddings/venues/

It will be amazing anywhere you go

L x

Its official...i have forgotten everything i have read.....

Congrats on the childminders mscrow that must be a huge relief
FT...your productive morning has made nlme feeling guilty....M sleeping and i am on here:blush:
L&l...naughty O:haha:...i stopped letting M have her morning nap on our bed...surrounded by pillows only a week ago...i put her into cotbed. Was worried about her rolling over and off...not that she is yet. She rolls from tummy onto back strangely...but not the other way. At least i know she will get back if she does
Wouldluv....hiya...glad youre good x x

I am feeling bad that i have hardly.any photos of me with M...i just hate all photos of myself and have avoided the camera for 4 months....and i am always the one taking photos. M's first holiday will be the most photographed ever.....ooooh and we are going to get a waterproof disposable camera for some first swimming pics. Are we ok to dunk them under briefly with all that chlorine etc etc? Thought it would be cool to get a swimming pic as per Nirvana:haha:

Sorry to put you off Hawaii Loo...it is totally amazing just soooo far. In fact i believe it is similar flying time going east via US and west via China....pretty much under us

Ooooh got M a sippy cup/trainer cup/beaker thingy today in Asda....i got two types to try...both Tommy Tippee...though i would try her with some water in it. Be good if she gets used to it.....plus gonna be hot next week apparently hmmmmmm:shrug:

Oh and i am getting seriously broody.again....hubby and i.were talking about it a bit last night:blush:...of course we need to get back into dtd first:haha:.....and seriously thinking whether i could be a childminder....i cant believe me...the most unmaternal person i knew is thinking of this:wacko:

Aww mitch thats lovely
M is such a good little girl
Get lots of nice photos on your holidays - hope next week is better weather as today is a wash out

E is taking well to the up take of bottle - she is now taking 1 mid morning 1 mid afternoon and then one her first wake around 11/12am. Mummy taking it not so well - im soooooooooo engorged and sore - feel like even though its the decision ive made but im guilt ridden - cant explain just feel terrible

lx

Vitfa...i was exactly the same. Even though it was the decision i had made and for the right reasons....i felt awful...guilty...like M knew and wondered why i wasnt giving her the 'best' milk anymore:cry:. It passes as ff becomes easier and boobs are less sore.and get back to normal....it feels like i never even bf now:nope:...although boobs certainly look different...and not in a good way :haha:

I still get a little emotional.now when i tell people about my conversion from ff to bf.....i feel like everytime i.give M a bottle in public i want to stand up and shout...'i ebf for over 3 months!!!!' Weird eh

:hugs: to.you

OMG...M been asleep for over an hour and.keeps crying inconsolably for only 5 seconds every 15-20mins ...its weird and not nice.at all. She goes straight back to sleep.....although it.is obviously.crying in her sleep

Mitch you are an amazing mummy and would make a brilliant childminder!

Me on the other hand not so much, i just let O fall face first onto the laptop. she just tumbled sideways onto it while sitting on me and now has on red head :cry: bad bad mummy

Not sure about being an.amazing mummy....i.just think M is a good baby...we are very lucky i think.

Poor O :hugs:

L&l...i know you.got a.trainer/sippy cup for O...hows she getting on with it? Do you just use for.water? I have only.given M water out of a bottle twice...once she took it and second time.she wasnt fooled:shrug:

L&L - OMG that list of things to do and inspection etc is just ridiculous!!! i mean - is anyone even go to see their darn socks LOL

mitch - we are defo going to start trying again in the new year, but a bit of me worries that the next baby wont be as eassssssy as G is.

speaking o which, i assume i cant start TTC until my AFs return.... and they havent yet. how many of us are still waiting....

mitch did ures return once u stopped breastfeeding

sorry bad typing - g is asleep across me. prob a good thing... keeps me from looking for food lol

Mitch i put a little milk in it as water is a no go with O. She knows what to do with it but needs a little help keeping it steady to actually get milk out, it's not a free flow one though.

FT i tried so hard to get my OH to buy bright pink socks for it :haha: he refused to but pretty sure i have a pair somewhere.

Ft....AF returned nearly two weeks after last bf and lasted quite a while....totally unlike me. AF is not necessarily i sign.that you are ovulating btw....i feel pregnant with M after coming off the pill and actually.not having a proper period :wacko:. Oh and ebf is not a great contraceptive...i know someone stil bf...no af...preggo!!!!

FT, no AF here. Think lots of women don't have periods while bfing.

FT, no AF here either. My mom didn't have it for a full year with her kids though, due to bf, so I don't expect mine to come back any time soon. It's kind of nice, you know, especially if you plan to TTC soonish, that bf delays AF, because you might only have one or two before you're knocked up again! Mine were always awful and gave me terrible cramps, so they can stay away as long as possible, thanks!

no AF here... can stay away for a bit longer yet too!!!its been lovely without them! although i have had some spots recently which normally means she's on the way :(0
lovely idea mitch re childminding!!!
packed away all N's 3-6m clothes...been in denial about it for a few weeks but the vests are pulled so far down they're nearly showing his nipples so had to get the 6-9 out. Scary.
thunder storms and hideous rain with intermittent stunning sunshine - get a grip summer!!!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"