March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

No AF for me either. We're ntnp and I had a few spots a week or so ago. Took a test yesterday but :bfn: felt a bit gutted and then convinced myself I could see a line. No line!

Anyway, I really hope I can get pregnant on my own. Counting on my post-pregnancy super fertility to see me through as DH and I can't afford private fertility treatment and we've used up our NHS allowance (of 1 child)

good luck laura!

can't believe we are talking about the next babies already.

ideally im looking to ttc in dec but im not sure if we can afford to have 2 close in age. having R in daycare is going to practically bankrupt and i just don't think i could afford 2... will see how it goes

i have emailed a childminder to try and set up a place for when we move house.

MsC what questions did you ask your childminder? what concerns did you have? what did you like?

although i went through all this for the nursery obviously what a childminder offers is a bit different.

Mitch - i think your mad for wanting to be a childminder! (personally i could never cope with looking after other people's children, i'd be scared i would do it wrong!!) but kudos to you if you can. plus i guess it is a nice way to make a bit of money whilst staying with your child.

i think emera used to be a childminder so perhaps she can give you some tips

No af here either. We're pretty sure Z will be the only one, mainly because of childcare bankrupting us!
He's had 3 lovely naps today, 9-10 (had to wake him to go swimming :dohh: 11.30-2.15 and now 5-now! Similar to Monday when he then slept 5 hrs. Well I can hope!

No AF for me either. We're ntnp and I had a few spots a week or so ago. Took a test yesterday but :bfn: felt a bit gutted and then convinced myself I could see a line. No line!

Anyway, I really hope I can get pregnant on my own. Counting on my post-pregnancy super fertility to see me through as DH and I can't afford private fertility treatment and we've used up our NHS allowance (of 1 child)

Laura...i didnt realise A was through IVF. My.friend had her daughter by IVF in 2009 after being told they couldnt conceive naturally...they then got married in May 2011 and conceived a honeymoon baby totally naturally. They had their baby boy this February:happydance:....so it can definately happen for sure.:thumbup:

I dont know for sure about childminding .....i.just need a change in.career and am exploring some options. I.enjoy marketing and am sort of.enjoying my.college course...just my job.does not.fit.well.with having a baby:nope:

Not IVF Mitch, but fertility drugs and oodles of monitoring. We could just about afford the drugs but the ultrasounds are like £300 each and I had 4 a month for the months we were trying!

Aaah ok Laura.....even better...could definately happen au natural then:happydance:...fingers crossed for you x

Sorry not posting - girls are here and busy, busy, busy :wacko:

FYI - I'd be more than happy to attend a wedding topless because I've got breast implants and my boobs look 18.....shame the rest of me looks 41 :shock: :rofl:

will try and catch up more later :thumbup:

I want the boobs of an 18 year old:cry: in fact just my own pre-pregnancy would be nice ...they werent half bad:haha:

Glowie- You're not allowed to show off your perky boobs next to all our saggy bags!

Mitch- That being a childminder has even crossed your mind is sweet to me. You were so worried about not taking to the mothering role, and here you are a total champ at it and broody again already. :haha:

Laura- My brother and sister-in-law were not supposed to be able to have children at all. Ever. (He previously had leukemia and had undergone extensive chemotherapy and radiation treatments which were believed to have left him pretty much sterile). Surprise, surprise they had a baby girl. Then they decided to try for a second child and thought it would take ages due to his fertility issues, so they started when my niece was only 9 months old. Bam. Pregnant immediately with niece number 2. A couple years after that they had an oopsie baby -- niece number 3. :haha: So there must be something magical about getting over that fertility hump with the first baby.

MsC- Congrats on your maiden speech. I'm sure E was very proud. :flower:

AFM.... I'm feeling somewhat better...but still icky. It's like a stomach virus without any puking. :shrug: Honestly, I wish I could vomit and get it out of my system. Blech. At least the dizzy spells and hot flashes are gone.

Ergh, F's eyes infected again and she has a chest infection :cry: horrible, she's all poorly. I have caught her eye infection too! :( Gaah. She's not her smiley self at all. At least OH is off work for a few days, so I can give her lots of cuddles.

Sorry for failing to answer properly, bit busy and have F on my lap.

Mitch I did part time work and part time childminding after I had Roh. The work days were easier than the minding days! :haha: I did enjoy it though!

Laura, to give you hope, OH and I were told our chances of conceiving aided or naturally were pretty much zero (I have PCOS and some tube damage after an accident but mostly the problems are on OH's side, taken together made for complex issues) after ttc for 6 years. We gave up and 2 months later I got a BFP with Roh! :haha: then I had an early MC when Roh was 8 months old, and then BFP with F when Roh was 14 months! So seems like we've struck lucky a few times! :haha: OH hasn't had any further tests but we decided that as we've managed to conceive 3 times since being told we couldn't we are going to assume that managing it again won't be too tricky!

Right, going to try to pop F down for a bit I'm starvin' Marvin!!

waula - wow 6-9? x

thanks for all the AF answers lads :hugs: i think im the only one willing mine to come back then - just for the ''normality''... mine were always painless though.... could be different when they return.

laura - i really hope you can do it alone too :hugs:

WT - :hugs: for being so ill.... in other news, your avatar piccie just melts my cold heart :kiss:

emera - :hugs: for little F and you xxx

Mitch - we are soooo in the same boat. My work have said when i return i can do the full CIPD training package which is the only thing making me think '''mmm maybe i will go back''..... but im 99% sure i will be MISERABLE. so im having this KIT meeting on aug 1st and then seriously thinking about my options.

Right now getting a part time job doing anything in our little town sounds top notch.

Ive had such a busy day. just cooked and hosted a little evening for my DHs cousins who are visiting from australia, house is clean, G is sound asleep.... so its cup of tea and bed time for me :)

NIGHT LADS - MAY THE STTN FAIRY VISIT US ALL :)

Wt - I hope you feel better soon.

Waula - it is crazy to pack up so many clothes already. D is in 6 -9 month already too.

MrsC - Hope the childminder works out well.

And those are only the ones I can put names too, this replying thing is hard. My memory is horrible. Other things, no AF here yet though I'm hoping it stays away for awhile. We got married on a beach in Hawaii, it was perfect for us and so beautiful. D is a cat napper normally, 20-40 min and she's ready to go again. I'm hoping that will change and she'll start having longer stretches soon. That said she has pretty much slept the last two days, waking up for 40 minutes or so at a time to eat and grump. Seems to be back to normal today, thinking she must have been doing some heavy duty growing. She needs to stop that and stay little for awhile longer.

FT, I kept meaning to post my sympathies to you over your recent bereavements, I'm so sorry.

WT, gah, I hate that feeling sick and not being sick thing. Would a bit of ginger tea, made with peeled stem, sooth you?

Emera, really hope things look up for you and F soon.

L&L, we have a wedding/civil partnership ceremony to attend tomorrow, two lovely and supportive friends, but it sounds like the antithesis to yours. E is very much welcome...they've both helped look after her before I found the childminder, and it'll be a really chilled out day. I have NO clue what to wear though. Aaagghhh.

Cupcake, I really relied on intuition with talking to childminders, of the 3 I saw I spent time just chatting, watching them with E, seeing how any other children were. Withthe one I chose, friends who knew of her were able to talk honestly. I asked lots of questions, about recording her time there, reporting accidents, feeding her, attitudes to play, other children in their care, asking about others present in the home (partners etc), working through my diary and what would happen with dropping her off. It was just conversational, but most of all, I just knew. When my childminder opened the door I knew immediately E would be fine. Fingers crossed she is!

For all that you're in someone's home, just remember they are a business so don't feel swayed if it doesn't feel right.

I must have missed a page somewhere. I'm confused! Mitch, you have decided a career change?

Mouse, boo on the AF. Mine is still a no show. I had a bit of spotting two weeks ago which had me freaked out I was preggo, but nothing came of it.

I still need to look into childminders. Can't process that.

I bought shed loads of strawberries/raspberries/blueberries to purée today as I thought if I don't get them in season it could be a year before D tries them (I'm too tight to buy out of season fruit!). Got home and realised I have no idea how to get it from fruit to ice cube tray. Any help please?

D was weighed this morning. 11lb3oz! That's a great gain of 13oz in 23 days!

Busy busy day today. Seriously. Gah. Want to sleep my cold away :cry:

Ooh freezing in season fruit, that's a good idea!

Mum goes home today, boo, and last lot of jabs today... Double boo. Then I'm on my own for the weekend from Friday afternoon, triple boo!

Ft - your kit day means you won't be meeting us in Guildford then :cry:
Speaking of which Mitch, where's a good place to meet, and suggest nearish to station so L&L can find it?

Loo, you could either just freeze the fruit whole (maybe in little portions in freezer bags) and then just defrost some and mash them up with some banana or something as a dessert. Otherwise you could puree them all and push the puree through a fine sieve (those plastic ones are pretty fine so work better than the metal ones as a rule)if you are worried about the seeds, then pour what's left into the ice cube trays. If the seeds don't bother you then just puree and pour!
All I'd say is don't go mad on purees. Especially if you start at 6 months, its really not that long at all before they enjoy a bit of texture, so a well mashed sort of texture, rather than totally liquidised. If you do find that you have a load of left over veg puree then no fear, its great for adding in to sauces a little later on when they start having pasta, rice etc. I used to make a tomato sauce for our pasta, then take a bit aside, add in some pureed veg then use it for Roh, I just used to cut the pasta up really small and make sure it was well cooked.
Anyway, I digress!

F slept pretty well considerng she's poorly, sadly the mornng has been slightly marred by the fact that Roh woke up, took hs nappy off, and then did a poo on his bed, and then apparently jumped in it a lot then ran about his room touching everything. Just having a coffee and about to go in and decontaminate! :sick: This potty training thing has its dark side! :wacko: so gross. :(

Oh Emera

That's pretty awful!

You have my total sympathies!

E is back asleep after grumbling for an hour. I need to sneak in and assess the wardrobe situation for today's wedding. I need to play this carefully as the wedding party - for family too - is on Saturday so I essentially need two outfits. It's raining so my most beautiful shoes will just have to come with me in a dustbag as getting out of this house means walking through a quagmire. Sufficed to say, E is sorted with some f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s outfits.

Hurrah for some lovely weight gain Loo! I think D is tracking along with E in terms of consistency.

Loo, Mitch decided a few pages back she was drawn to the potential of childminding as a different route than going back to her job.

In preparation for E's half days with the childminder I've bought E her own little daysack, she's going to be a bee - https://www.littlelife.co.uk/html/toddler_daysacks/animal-bee.html

morning!

thanks crow :hugs:

lozza - yer i will be in birmingham.... boo :cry: still no BnB meet for me :( and good luck with jabs. Gs are on Monday. at least its the last ones for a while

Emera - really hope F is better soon x

Loo - good idea on fruit. i may freeze some whole as im still unsure if will do purees or baby led weaning in which case i assume i wont want it pureed (i havent really looked into BLW yet so unsure how it works still).

Well G is still having his lay in which is nice, ive managed to have a whole cup of hot tea LOL :)

Morning lads!

Glow lets not mention your 18 year old boobs again!!

Poor F :hugs: I;m glad she slept ok considering she's pooely Emera

hope you have a lovely time at your wedding mscrow!

Loo - amazing weight gain! Go D!!! Such a good idea about the fruit as well!

we're having a bad day! OH is at work this morning and then we have a 2.5 hour drive this afternoon and O has been up since 5 and wont eat or sleep! It's gonna be a fun afternoon! It's like she knows as normally mornings as the easiest time to get her to eat and sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->