March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

MsC, those LittleLife backpacks are great, Roh loves his :)

Poo cleaned up! Yay, and my Graze box arrived! :dance: Tasty snacks as a reward. :)

Anyone who wants a free Graze box, i have a limited code, so message me and I'll send it to the first 4 messages i get! If you want to check it out, its graze.com, not bothering to link as its all simple. ;)

I love graze, used to get it delivered every week but stopped it for mat leave.

Had my first proper poonami yesterday, he pooed standing on my lap, the next minute I looked down and had poo in my belly button. Nice.

Loo - good weight gain! D's taking your pounds now I see!

Looo..great weight gain for D:happydance:...and happy 4 months :thumbup:...going sooo quick.

Re....career change...i hate my job...well the company i.work for...but i know they willbe sort of.accomodating over reduced hours to keep me. However the amount of travel that i used to do is unsustainable with M so i am just exploring options. Like FT.a local job that obviously pays great money would be perfect...they exist right!!!??? :haha::wacko:. I just dont know.what to.do....i.just cant envisage juggling this job and M....we will see. Plan to contact my work next month re some KIT days and THE chat with boss and HR:nope:

Ft....booo to not joining us on the 1st.:nope:. L&l...you going to make it still? Lozza i am trying to.think of places near to.station or easy to.direct to from station...not very easy. I will have a think...otherwise if we know what time l&Ls train arrive we/I can meet her.and O there and wander into town

Right M has decided to take a nap right now.....15 min before i need to.move her into pushchair to.walk to mum and under.ones group....:dohh:.....seamless manover required...she will hopefully doze off again
Hate feeding her there though as she gets distracted

ooo lush a graze box, they look yummy. never seen that company before.

gutted i cant come to southern meet up :cry: stupid work ruining everything. why cant we all win the lottery :haha:

im hungry :( last two days ive been super good - soup or dinner on tues, salad for dinner last night.. to make up for the sunday roast, KFC, cake etc i had earlier in week :rofl: not sure it works that way :rofl:

im bored today. gah.

Mitch - Yep i can still make it. Let me know what time you were thinking and i can let you know what the trains are like? Is the train station far out? i've never been the Guildford before i'm quite excited. It looks as if the trains are ever half hour or so though some trains take an hour while others take nearer 2.

FT being bored is what's probably making you hungry! don't do it! BE GOOD!

L&l - the stations only a 5 minute walk out. We can meet you there and walk in together if you want.
Ft - good effort dieting while bf! Actually it now makes me less hungry, just thirsty still! I think I'm also going to be bored today,have missed jo jingles as he went to sleep just before I was due to leave!

Loo - just make sure NOT to wash the fruit before throwing them in freezer bags!

I spent my whole day on blueberries yesterday. First picking 7 pints of them. Then cleaning out all the stems and getting rid of the baddies. Then I made two batches of jam.. Yum. Then I still had three freezer bags full to save. I hope she likes blueberries because she is definitely going to be helping us eat them!

Morning lads...

Awesome weight gain D (and Loo!) you loving not pumping??? Its obviously all working fine - well done hun!!!

Mitch/FT - I was soo dreading the work chat and I'm so glad its done...you never know unless you ask - they may be more accommodating than you think...make sure you do your research on your return to work/part time work rights... good directgov bit on their website that I quoted a lot at my return to work meeting the other week...

I think its going to be bloody hard to do ANYTHING - staying at home and I'd feel bad for not working, working part time I'd feel bad that I wasn't doing anything "properly" and full time I'd feel bad that LO wasn't being primarily cared for by me. Its a no win situation! But I do feel hugely relieved for having had the conversation. I felt like I was spending most of my maternity thinking about returning to work whereas now I can chill out a bit about it.

Anyone fed up with rank nursing bras??? I hate mine. So I splashed out on some HotMilk ones and they are IMMENSE. Almost sexy :haha: :rofl: yeah right...but much better...

Well...N did 7-11-6 last night which was INCREDIBLE. Yes yes...I know we're about 2 months behind all you guys but having 7 hours of sleep uninterrupted makes me feel like a human again. I love sleep. Fact.

Right well N is protesting a bit like F (demented cat) on his playmat so better go and rescue him!

xxx

GO N!!! bet you feel so much better for that sleep waula!

If you ladies could met me at the station that would be lovely :)

so all this talk about chocolate weaning has obviously got to O and she must feel deprived only getting the veg and fruit I've got her eating. She has taken matters into her own hands and just tried Pizza!!! she grabbed it from me and rammed it in her mouth and had a good suck before i managed to get it all out of her mouth! oops! eating with her on my lap is dangerous!

L&L - :haha: at O :)

its weird hearing that your LOs are eating lol... cant believe its that point already!

Phew jabs went great, he didn't cry! Hope they make him sleepy today (up every 2 hours last night).
Waula - go N!!! So there's hope for me yet!
L&L - how's the feeding going? Apart from messy!

Let's arrange the meet up by FB just in case some weirdo reads this and decides to join us...

Good morning, lads! All the well wishes worked, and I'm feeling 100% better today! Yay! Of course, now DH is sick. :dohh: Now it's time to eat since I've had nothing in 48 hours and am starving! :munch:

Loo- Great weight gain for D. She's coming right on up. :thumbup:

MsC- I always feel like the boys have fabulous outfits as I'm just schlumping along.

Waula- Our nighttime schedule is similar to yours except flipped. The boys go 7-2ish; then 2ish to 6. I'd prefer they do it N's way since that would give me a bit better sleep, but I'm not going to complain. Yet.

Emera- Sorry for the rough morning, but yay for treats. :) The piccie of F on FB is downright precious. She looks like she's grown into her cheeks. :haha:

Alrighty... I'm off to find some food. I'm going to be good-ish since I really need to lose this weight (and jelly belly)!

L+L, you are buggered now, from here on in you either have to fight for your food, or sneak off to eat it!!

Loo, meant to say, fab weight gain, D is clearly a "spurt" style gainer! You must feel really happy you can relax knowing everything is working just fine! :hugs:

Skadi, i think Roh would exist on a diet made purely of sausages, bananas and blueberries, kiddies love 'em!! I'm sure Keira will help you eat them up :)

Re. Career change. I've done it, sort of. In the last 3 years i've gone from earning £35k+bonus to just under £7k a year. I'll admit that getting used to having nearly £30k less in the bank a year was a bit traumatic to start with, but we've adjusted our lifestyle (for the better i have to say) and our spending to fit our income. I now just make sure we earn enough to cover our bills and mortgage, food and a few treats. We even manage to save a fair bit each month. I liked having a decent income, holidays, buying mostly whatever i wanted, within reason, but i am alot happier now!! I'm in the same field still, but very different job roles. I guess my priorities in life are just utterly different now! Sometimes i feel a bit bad that i can't buy Roh and F all the fancy toys and stuff alot of their friends have, and last night i had a little fantasy about getting a Bugaboo Donkey, which we could never afford these days. However, when i consider going back to my old job, or similar, i realise that what i can give Roh and F is way more valuable than fancy toys, holidays, big posh houses or whatever. I can give them my time. Its something that makes me very happy to be able to do, and has made me realise how little money matters to me. Saying that, i do still want to work in some capacity, i really enjoy the variety and the adult interaction. I could never childmind full time i realise, because although its very fulfilling and enjoyable, it doesn't offer enough variety for me. I'd be quite happy just doing something basic like working in a shop/cafe/library etc. I expect i'll do some waitressing though as its pretty fun and you get to chat with people, and normally have a cheeky glass of wine at the end of the evening. Plus its comparatively well paid as you get tips!

Amazing how your life changes with a baby! Well, i guess its not your life that changes, but how you see it that's different. I love being a Mum! :cloud9:

Edit: Just in case, i want to make it fully clear that the above is in NO way criticising Mum's who go back to work and/or use childcare!! Its just how my life has changed. Given the option i would pay for Roh to go to a minder or nursery a couple of mornings a week, for the experience. Having been a childminder i can vouch first hand for how much it improves baby's social skills and independence and confidence! And i'd love to have the life i have now with more money, but sadly you can't have it all eh? ;)

Emera...i have done a career change in my 20s going from £25k to about £10k..that hurt but was a good thing at the time...got me to where i am now. Luckily i am on a great salary...we are very lucky to earn the same myself and hubby...i couldnt imagine dropping alot again.but i guess you adapt. I am pushing hubby into every promotional opportunity to buffer the difference :haha:. I think.i.neef to have the convo with work about number of days and the travel aspect...request more office or work from home

L&L and lozza...lets definately arrange on.fb for timings....l&l good for you to.get faster train.so.happy to work around those and Ms feeds to a certain extent. Will msge you both x

M kipping in.carrycot after walk.back.from mum and under ones so waiting for her to wake up before heading town....weather looks good for next week and i need more t-shirts/vests:happydance:

glad jabs went ok Lozza - fingers crossed for a snoozy day but more importantly a snoozy night!!!
Happy 4month birthday Mia!!! :flower: getting big aren't they!
WT glad you're feeling better and it was the first night last night that N had done it that way round too! much better!
LOVE graze boxes...used to get them when I was working and preggo to attempt to stop me popping into McDs!!! I then just did both and got even fatter! Ha.
Ive just had a Gu banoffee pudding. Yummy. It was needed to recover from the attack of the vom that just happened. Necessitated complete change of clothes for us both. Including new knickers for me. All because N had a coughing attack at the end of a lovely feed. :growlmad: he's sat in his jumperoo doing more demented cat impressions now!!!

Yeah demented cat is a theme here too! :wacko:
Roh came out of his room from his nap with handfuls of poo again! :dohh: way too much poo cleaning for one day! Ick!
Hope this phase doesn't last, he's done perfectly with the wees, no accidents since monday! Wondering whether to go nappy free at night too and leave a potty in his room? :shrug: Hmmm.

Wowzers. I am NOT looking forward to poo parties. Ew. I think I'd need 12hours nighttime free from poo potential and get daytime sorted first emera!!!! I think I'd have a humour failure dealing with poo at 3am. Also, he does lots of poos!!!!!!! :wacko:
If LO is in nursery to they sort potty training?!?!

Waula, yeah childminders and nurseries will potty train, but if you don't follow up right at home too you can end up with issues and lots of accidents!
Oh, and I've been putting Roh in a nappy for night time and naptime since we started this week. The reason I'm considering ditching nappies totally is I think its what is causing the issue! He's doing great with pulling down his trousers and pants for a wee, and also he does with poos, except he hates being watched so waits until I'm not there or hides in the hall to do them. As a result, no poo in potty as yet, but none in pants either. However, I think when he has the nappy on he's waking up, and thinking "oh, want to poo better take pants and trousers off" so taking his nappy off, then pooing on the floor, then realising that pooing on the floor isn't right either, so he's trying to put it into the nappy! The result being a big pooey mess! :dohh: so yeah, I wonder if having no nappy and leaving a potty in his room might be less confusing? :shrug: Worth a shot I guess, can't make it worse! :haha: Oh and he does 0-3 poos a day I'd say. Not that much, except when you have to scrub them out the carpet, then it seems like a lot! :haha:

7000!!! :dance:
Bless him for trying to put it back in the nappy :haha: cute. He's obviously trying very hard for you emera!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->