March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Just a quick note to say to loo I'm not sure on your budget or anything but wanted to let you know I hated the thought of spending heaps on a dress I'd only wear once. I found a website called light in the box. Found a dress and paid a little extra for custom sizing. My dress cost me $360 to my door and it was so perfect that I decided to get the bridesmaid dresses from there to. Again paid for custom size. They were all completely perfect to. I think they were around $120 each.. Just thought I'd mention it to you as it was a cheap option and I know Internet buying can be scary from a site you have never brought from before. I actually sold my dress (unwashed,they wanted near $300 to dry clean which I wasn't paying!) for $100! You can see the dresses all in my wedding photos on facebook to see what they looked like. They were all very well made! Oh and I forgot to mention my mum got hers from the same site too!

G'morning, lads. Good discussion regarding the career conundrum. It's pretty clear that we can't have it all. The key is to ignore those people who would make us feel guilty for our choices -- whatever those choices may be. I truly believe no mama can be a better mama to my particular band of boys than me.

Loo- Salsa dancing in Havana could make for a very sexy wedding getaway.

FT- 2 pounds!? Huzzah! :happydance:

BBird-Look at those teeeeeeth!!! Bring on the steak. :munch:

AFM... TFIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Can we talk about nighttime habits... the boys are consistently eating once a night. I'm not worried about that. However, they do wake up multiple times where I have to get out of bed and pop a paci in their mouth or give them their silky blankie. Occasionally, I even have to pick them up and cuddle them for a minute before they go back to sleep. They are nearly 5 months old. Does this go away eventually all by itself? Or is this a matter of habit? I presume there is no magic trick to helping them sleep through... but what about some tips of things to try. The crazy thing is that they go down for the night on their own. I lay them in their cribs when they're wide awake, with eyes wide open. So I know they are capable.

Not sure, WT... When I use a pacifier at night, it's only postponing the inevitable wakeup. Only once has it ever worked to get me out of a feed completely.

Loo, Cuba? How exciting! I grew up about a hundred miles from Cuba but obviously have never been.

G woke up in a much better mood... Thank God! We're getting our closets done today, should be interesting. I have a sinking feeling that the lady measured wrong in one place. (In addition to the other wrong measurement that was already discovered.) D'oh.

On the career question, I work from home so I'll keep doing so. I have zero desire to go back to a workplace, but I do feel I need something. My friends who abandoned all job aspirations completely are the ones who seem to be struggling the most (I mean, they seem sort of sad and aimless). Of course it might be different if I had a belief system that made motherhood the ultimate calling. G is still way more important to me than my job, but it's nice to have something else to think and talk about.

(Edit: not that I think all SAHMs are sad and aimless. Just that the ones I know seem a little confused in the sense of "what now?" I know some women rock it out at home.)

Better go, closets must be emptied!

helloo,

been without internet and phone today! was like the dark ages! had to find my way to nct girl's house all on my own, lol

hubby out on a work do tonight so just me and babs at home. he was tired so i put him to bed at 6pm and he fll straight asleep

wish i had some chocolate to enjoy with my telly

Hi lads...
Wt dummy refuser here so no advice...
Loo Cuba sounds immense. No dilly dallying with you pair!! You're going to be all super skinny too!!!
Cuppie surely you have SOME treats?!
Missy is your bathroom eventually done now?
Emera hope it's been less of a pooey day today!
Ft is G ok today? Hope the feast is going well tonight...
Wouldluv those dresses look fab! I wanted something lacy and demure and ended up with designer expensiveness but LOVED it!!! I'm normally a jeans/t shirt kinda girl so decided it was a lifetime of dress budget!
Bad news re return to 'w' (that's for you glowie!!) as my proposition has been turned down :( and a lot more on call added in :( so might be looking for a new job too lads! Bit upset but I try and be philosophical about these things... There are lots of options (DH wants another baby :haha: :nope:)
Eaten a lot of cake cookies and banoffe pie today. Glad this BFing malarkey takes some calories!!!
Xx

Ah cuppie I know how you feel. I'm alone all weekend now, had bought a huge bar of dairy milk bubbles but ate it yesterday as felt I needed the sugar.

I do wish I could say I out Z down at 6. I finished bathing him at 6, spent the next 90 mins persuading him to sleep, gave up 20 minutes ago to eat a fish pie ready meal and now I'm off to try again. He can hardly keep his eyes open poor thing, but won't close them!

Oh and WT - sorry no advice here either, I think I'm the last person to be giving out sleep advice. :dohh: :haha:

Waula - not had a chance to get to the supermarket so I'll try tomorrow night. He had a good bottle of ebm at lunchtime (as I messed up timings so had to feed him in his car seat!) and fed pretty ok tonight so maybe he'll be a bit better. He crashed out at 8 anyway so I'm off to bed in a minute, what an exciting Friday night!!

yum hot chocolate and mini marshmallows!

thinking of entering R in the local bonny baby comp - could be a bit of fun!

Ha Cuppie that's a great idea!!! Very 90's!!!!!
Lozza hope that Z puts in some good sleep tonight for you... you are doing a fabulous job, please remember that! :hugs:

Ah thanks Waula - he lasted 40 minutes! I think he just woke up at te end of a sleep cycle though, 10 minutes of hysterical screaming later he's back down. He did it one day this week in a lunchtime nap too, weird.

Cupcake-yep do! I think I'm going to enter Z in one tomorrow, same one as bluebird actually! Assuming he's not got huge bags under his eyes tomorrow.
Bluebird - how long did you have to queue at tesco for?

Waula, I'm sorry about work. :(

I too, started with the idea of a reused dress (from the oxfam bridal shop) but ended up with designer loveliness. Like Waula said, it was a whole life of fashion budget as I admit to buying most of my clothes from the supermarket :blush: A has much better fashion sense than me! :haha:

This is my dress:

https://www.chanticleerbrides.co.uk/shop.php?cPath=22_28

:cloud9:

thats gorgeous Laura!!! I bloody LOVE weddings... here's a little link to some of our photos...makes me very happy to look at our piccies!!! https://www.la-photography.co.uk/pete-paulas-wedding-at-samlesbury-hall/

Wow! You look stunning in all of those pics!

For the record, it's not me in my dress! ):haha:

Aw thank you. There's was a lot of make up and photoshop involved. My DH now (affectionately) calls me "the bog rat" and he has a point. Fuzzy hair, a reluctance for makeup and limited sleep has broken me!!!

Waula you look stunning
Love SN dresses

For my facebook friends there are piccys there as not sure how to post link on phone x

Waula, sorry about work. Shame they couldn't accommodate your needs. I'm sure it will all work out for the best though!

Lozza, :hugs: hope you get a decent sleep, you are amazing to cope so well with such an unsettled (but gorgeous, i'm sure!) baby. Hero! :hugs:

Cuppe, yum hot choc and marshmallows!! :)

Wedding dresses, gaah I wish I could choose again! Not that I didn't love my dress, it was beautiful! I started off wanting bespoke elven/hippy floaty-ness and ended up with a relatively cheap and really conventional dress. Sigh, I just bottled it and went high street dress shop, rather than what I actually wanted. :dohh:

F driving me up the wall this evening. She went down so well last night, so I foolishly thought she'd do it again and planned to do loads of stuff. She went off to sleep so started doing things only for her to wake up 15 mins later, and she's just dozed off on my lap in bed, as I've given up and got in to bed with her. :dohh:
Have managed to dye a skirt and my nursing bras that were all dodgy grey. They are all a lovely ocean blue colour now! :)

:rofl: I think wedding photography is all about the photoshop. A friend photographed our wedding and then I photoshopped and created the album. It saved a fortune but I know what I really looked like!

Personally, I think the newest fashion is bog rat chic. I know I'm certaining rocking it at the moment!

Yay for new lovely colours Emera! Sorry F is finding it difficult to sleep.

I couldn't keep A up this afternoon. She was begging for bed at 5.15! I think it's all a ruse so she can have a bath though (she loves the bath). Happily kicked about for half an hour in warm water and then fell asleep. She's just woken up again though! :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->