March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

We had our worst night ever last night :( hope this passes soon. He did 10 hours the other night.. Just tricking me I guess..

On another note.. I cut his little finger this morning while trying to cut his nails.. :( bad mummy...

Would luv, we did that last week. I think it's just one of those things :wacko: luckily I was feeding D at the time so minimal screaming, but still. :hugs:

Mouse, Al didn't properly bond with D until he finished work at the hotel. It was tough, because I could totally see it. She wasn't comfortable around him, and he had no idea what to do to comfort her. He only saw her for brief periods of time, and during those periods she was generally unhappy, or worse. He missed all the smiles and stuff that makes it worth while. It breaks my heart that he didn't properly bond with her until she was about 13 weeks old, but he totally is now. He just needed a bit of time and guidance iykwim? Your DH will get there, it just inexplicably seems to take time with some people. :hugs:

Other stuff.......hmmmmm.......

Emera, huzzah for the potty poo, but sorry that F is being D's side kick. Let's hope they have forgot their evil plans whilst sleeping.

Lozza, how did the rest of your night go? At least you knew his belly was full to the brim. I hope you got some good Zzzzzz's

Glow, get it booked! I hear November in Cuba is nice :winkwink:

Well after a period awake at 3.30 where Al persisted with the dummy, she then fell back asleep until 6.15!! Her personal best!!! :yipee:

A much better night! He only really woke twice, once 40 mins after I put him down, so about 9.15 and I just resettled him and then (bad mummy alert) decided to try him on his front where he slept til 1.45! I then fed him which somehow seemed to take 2 hours, with a 40ml formula top up which I pretty much forced him to take then he woke at 7.15! He was really wriggly that second stretch so I didn't sleep well but did sleep, feel much better. When I changed him this morning he'd pooed! Never does that lying down so don't know if the infacol is kicking in? Or he wasn't in a sleeping bag so had more room to thrash?

Oops so I tried a few different things, let's see how tonight goes!

Wahey for the better nights, especially Lozza, so glad a fuller Z got a much longer sleep. we had a night poonami too but I knew she was desperate to go having thrashed wriggled through most feeds.

Clever Roh :)

Mouse, I agree with Loo. Though, even though MrC has E more hours than some, on his lap and hanging out with her - I often leave them to it and sneak off for breaskfast - he still said to me yesterday that she hated being on his lap. She loves it but she'd pushed over into meltdown tiredness but he just couldn't see that and framed it personally.

Poor you Wouldluv :( B won't remember it and little fingers heal so quickly - I've almost nipped E with the clippers a zillion times.

Went to my friends wedding party last night and knew E would struggle as it started at 5:30 but she wasn't too bad, had a couple of short eats, grizzled for 10 minutes and fell asleep in her pram......and slept through a samba band. Crikey.

Thanks, lads...

G is up to eat and has no interest in going back to bed. She has never done this before (in the middle of the night, anyway)... It sucks! :shock:

Lozza, yay for a better night with Z!!

An unsettled night here, but not the worst ever once the kids both finally went off to sleep. F woke me up this morning with ominous noises which turned out true and we had a huuuuge vomcano!!!

As far as bonding, OH was blown away right off, but once that first flush wore off, he basically found Roh actively irritating I think. It took him a long time to bond with him. Maybe 6 months before he finally turned roun to me and said how much he loved him. This time, its been the other way round really. OH has been smitten with F from the start. I'll admit that whilst I love F in a motherly way, I still don't feel the sort of connection I feel with Roh. I feel a bit guilty about it, but I know that it will come as her personality starts to shine out more. I think I just need to get to know her a bit more before I fall in love, rather than just loving her, if that makes sense?

Yay for better nights Lozza! :dance:
Citymouse - your DH will get there hun... mine is definitely starting to enjoy things a bit more...
Emera - uh oh on the vomcano. Hate them!
Need a bit of advice lads...going to a Christening at 1pm...now what are peoples thoughts about discreet nursing in church??!! He's due a feed at 1ish and don't really want to miss Christening but don't want to shock the congregation!! (more worried about a F style vomcano!!!!)
xx

Personally Waula, I'd do it but I'd probably sit near the back so as to be as hidden as possible. No one will notice or really give a jot. They'd be more antsy at a baby 'disrupting' the service (who wasn't the one being christened).

Here's E and I last night.

Attachments

• E&EWeddingLarger.jpg
    E&EWeddingLarger.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 11
I agree with drc...sit at the back... or feed him early?

Had a nice day yesterday. T met his great uncle and cousins fir the first time. His cousin who's 6 really loved him and kept asking if he could hold him. He thought t doing a poonami was the funniest thing evee, especially when he saw it was yellow! He was amazed by breast feeding as well. Kept asking me to feed him again. So cute. He kept trying to play Lego with him too. T was knackered.

Personally I think its fine Waula :shrug: just take lots of muslins to mop up the vom! ;)

Thanks lads...he voms if i feed early so going to sit at the back surrounded by muslins. eep. extreme nursing in public x

Just a quickie!!

Mrs C I LURRRRRRRRRRRRRVE Edith's dress and hairband....I miss buying girlie things :brat:

Have a great day everyone!!

Ah but glow - remember your teenage girls are currently nicking your clothes/make up so boys arent all bad! :haha:

MsC, you both look great! So glad E was a star.

Waula, how did the christening go?

Lozza, SO pleased for your good night! :hugs:

Glow, boys clothes are so much cooler than girls!

As for us, we have had a lovely walk at Alderly Edge, and a picnic too. Since then D has been a frigging nightmare. Beyond overtired but won't give in. Gah. Is it bedtime yet? We have done a piri piri marinade for some pork and going to light the BBQ for a late tea once she has gone down. Lush.

Hi lads...
Christening was curious (never been to one before!) but there were two LOs getting christened and it just all seemed a little impersonal IYKWIM (no offence intended) but vicar didn't know LOs names etc. guess I was expecting something like wedding ceremony and it wasn't like that at all. But N was a little star. Slept through the service in his pram then woke up and had big feed once we were back at their house then kicked around on the floor for a couple of hours whilst we ate cake! Yum. I always worry he's going to play up in social situations but it seems they entertain him and keep him amused for hours!!!
Loo BBQ for you and al later sounds lovely, not long til bedtime!!!!
Lovely pic of roh in the garden emera!
Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine this afternoon! We had bath time al fresco tonight in a baby blow up paddling pool...N loved it a lot and splashed me a LOT!!!! The dogs were very alarmed by the splashing!!!
X

Oh Msc babies SO rock fascinators!!!!! Cute as xxx

MsC, you're both fabulous in that pic!

Thanks for the replies about bonding. I know he'll come around in his own time. I guess to me it seems like he likes her when she's cute but not when she's fussy, and that seems really unfair to me.

Speaking of fussy, she was a mess last night. Up for almost three hours. Then up again at 7 am... Fortunately my mom is visiting and was thrilled to snatch her away.

But this is either wonder week stuff or teething... What a little bear!

he likes her when she's cute but not when she's fussy

Uuhh, oops, this sort of sums up how I feel about both of mine! :dohh: Let's face it, who likes to have someone screaming at them? Of course I deal with it, and soothe them, etc. And I don't blame them for doing what comes naturally when they are angry/frustrated/unhappy, but I wouldn't say I like them for doing it or whilst they are doing it! :blush:

Emera, I don't think I'm expressing it right... It's more like he doesn't see her as a complete person, like when she fusses she becomes a different baby in his eyes, one he doesn't have to feel attached to.

You are a great mummy and I know your kids always feel loved even when you're not liking them.

Morning lovelies

Anothee rubbish night here ... Defo up more than usual and fussy last few days

BF question.. I have cut my feeds down to 4a day and 1 at night FF the rest. To start with was engorged.babdly but now boobs soft tmi ... Has my supply regulated or do you think this is startnof drying up???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->