March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I'm sat here with n asleep sprawled across me on the sofa watching the Olympics too!!!! And yes, emera I'm appreciating being able todo this without a toddler demanding attention!!!!
F will get there emera...his 6hr stint def comes on the back of a week of feeding every two hours!
Squatted down to pick up a muslinthismorning and burst my PJ bottoms in half!!!!! Is it time to shred???!

Morning ladies

Not been able to get on in ages - have still been half reading at our night feeds -

E is doing soooo much better - we have been consistantly up twice in the last few weeks so we are getting better

Poor little lambs teeth are really bothering her though

We havent introduced solids yet as im still try to get her into a FF routine and dont want to confuse her yet,

Im still feeding morning, last thing at night and during the night (once) but i dont think she is taking enough milk during the day so i think solid would just make her take less milk

MrsC - My thoughts are with you and your family - i really hope your dads condition improves. Keep talking to him, even though he is sedated your voice will still be a comfort to him - im glad E is having good nights for you

L xxx

well we missed baby rhymetime as G was still asleep when we were supposed to leave :dohh: so were staying in this morning, until weighing at 2pm. Not a bad thing tho.... more Olympics for me :winkwink:

REALLY nervous about KIT day tomo. not sure why. I guess because i know that i promised myself i would start thinking about ''work'' when i have had this meeting. Major boo.

Mitch - u didnt worry hunni, its good to have a headsup. So far so good with G.... touch wood.

Emera - i forgot to say yesterday that i LOVED rohs tea party pic on FB... really made me smile!Ps. i used to swim backstroke too but endurance lengths. Ive never sprinted for anything in my life :haha: I also did butterfly. So they are my two favs to watch :)

Vitfa - Glad things have got easier hunni x I feed in the night, early morning and late eve too - but am thinking of doing bottles for 1:30pm and 4:30pm feed.... will see what happens today.

Crow - :hugs:

YAY swimming starting soon.

Ft don't worry Hun... Maybe having a kit day will give you more answers/a bit of direction...
Having a whingebag day here...nothing but boob helps...got sensory so hoping that will knock him out for a bit. These babies are bloody hard work.
Cuppie has R eaten bit better today?
Looking forward to arrival of the shred!!

Ok so all this talk of the shred made me feel guilty and very lazy...have checked on amazon and ordered the 30 day shred...is that what others have. Was only £5 so thought i would give it a go. Have also just ordered the jumperoo...bright starts one for M so thinking i can be doing the shred in living room with M in bouncer going in....hmmmm we will see if that theory works

Waula...we have our first baby sensory this afternoon....quite excited. Missed the first session last week as was on holidays but have another 5 weeks to run....apparently they do lots of singing, signing and other stuff. Interested to see what its all about. M loves toys and interactive stuff now so think its perfect timing

Ft...good luck with the KIT day tomorrow....agree with waula...you will hopefully get a better idea about how you feel about 'W' after that. I have a meeting with boss and HR 6th sept to discuss PT and hours generally....not sure i can count that as a KIT day...i need to get some booked in for sure...otherwise back to work in January will be a major shock!!!

Ooooh and have an architect coming round this afternoon to look over the house and discuss drawing up and submitting plans for our extension...looking at doing early next year we hope. Will definately need a discussion around finances when we get some quotes in for sure. He charges £550 for drawing up planning permission plans and submitting for us....then another £550 to do the proper architect drawings with drainage etc etc fo builders if planning permission goes through. He doesnt think there will be a problem as it doesnt go nearer to neighbours house...just bridges the gap between our house and our detached garage. Excited!!! We dont need the space and probably never will i just love this house but would love an ensuite master bedroom and larger kitchen:happydance:

Vitfa....hope the ff conversion is going well for.you both:hugs:...let us know if you need advice...i dont profess to be an expert but here to help if you need:kiss:

oh no, what have i started with the shred hahaha, no one blame me if u hate it heehee. im on day 6 today and defo got a little easier. just wish the push ups would go do one!!!!

mitch - yer i do think the KIT day will be good for me. i just hate the idea of G being in full time care.

loving the horse jumps... come on GB!

ps. mitch an extension sounds fab esp if its your forever home.... how exciting xxx

Morning lads

Hope you're all well - enjoying the Olympics here :thumbup:

FT - good luck with the KIT day hon, you'll be fine and it does feel better to get a heads up on what is happening - I kinda sorted out 'W' a few weeks ago...but am now back in denial until next year...:winkwink: Is it in Birmingham? Next time let me know and me and A will come and meet you and treat you to cake!!! :winkwink: x

Waula - :hugs: we've had quite a few whinge-bag days here lately, so I feel for you hon. Totally agree these little people are hard work - but just one gummy smile and I melt :kiss: x

Mitch how exciting - it'll be like a new house without the bloody hassle :happydance: x Also M will lurve the jumperoo....A grins, shrieks and slobbers everytime we put her in it and jumps around like a loon!! :haha:

Vitfa - excellent news on better sleep! x

Lozza - go Z!!! Bet you feel like a new woman after a bit of sleep :thumbup: x

Emera :hugs: hon F will get there with the sleep thang...she just likes seeing you!! At least that's what I tell myself when A wakes up yet again!!! :wacko: x

Lots more...hmmmm...not sure...as I have a cold and head is fuzzy.

We've been thinking of buying a 4 bed house in a really amazing road near to us - Golf course and fields a stones throw!! We've got a viewing booked in for Wed :happydance: excited but if I fall in love with it will have to do our sums - it will defo be a house for the next 20 years! We always said we'd love to live in this road so hubby said we need to view it :happydance:

Also A is defo going through the 4 month regression thing. Waking up in night between 1 and 4 times (no pattern so my sleep is rubbish and am knackered!) Also feeding is a bloody nightmare - she is gumming at the bottle and not taking much at all some feeds. She is teething with really red cheeks and constant drool with rock hard gums - can see and feel little teeth under the skin. She is also going from grinning to crying in an instant. Yesterday I joined her in the crying...:wacko::haha: Wowsers...isn't this age just a dream!! Love her so much though, it hurts :cloud9:

Mscrow big :hugs: i really hope you and E are ok and sending positive thoughts for your father xx

Oooooo Horse Jumping :shock: tension much!!!

Sorry for crappy nights peeps....still OK here but then think we might only be hitting 4 months today :winkwink:

Mitch - yay for ordering that jumperoo, J likes it but can't quite bounce yet and you can put allsorts of toys on it :thumbup:

I've got 2 coldsores :cry: I never get them so must be stressed/run down looking after all these kids....Hayley said I'm like a gyspy looking after kids and cleaning all day :haha:
Wouldn't mind but the girls were supposed to go back today so I text their Dad last night to arrange and now he says he can't get them back until next Monday WTF!!! wouldn't mind but I pay him monthly and I've had them for 3 weeks and spent £250 on shopping :shock: so I'm not paying him next month :winkwink: I suggested Sunday night to pick them up as it's easier but nope he is adamant Monday which makes me think he has gone on holiday! why not just say at the beginning :shrug: dickhead!

I love having them here they are such good fun but holy shit their room is a MESS!!! :wacko:

The dog is in season :sick: and is soooooooo clingy and needy doing my head in! plus all the cleaning up after her :sick: I've bathed her but she still stinks!

Glow....we hit 4 months a couple of weeks ago.and M has no signs of any regression....yet!!!!:wacko: We may be lucky fingers crossed. And definately do.pay the ex next month...or just pay 1/4 of month for the 3 weeks you had them. Only fair! How on earth can.you afford the Costas??!! Inconsiderate:haha:

Ooh and cant wait for.jumperoo thingy.to arrive...she is going to.go mental in it ha ha

waula - yes he has eaten better today thankfully - just eaten a bowl of pureed sweet potato and milk although he didnt eat his porridge this morning

good luck for KIT day tomorrow FT, if its anythign like mine it will be fine (am i allowed to say it was even quite enjoyable??!)

fellow swimmers (emera and FT) i was a county swimmer too although i was backstroke sprint or freestyle. hated breaststroke and fly.

ooh exciting plan for extension Mitch

good luck with house viewing/buyign nicnack. seems like everyone is moving!! lol

you need to sit down with a cup of tea and a bit of cake glow! sounds like hard work (and a bit cheeky of your ex too)

which one did you order mitch?

i had told myself that i was retiring from breastfeeding during the day as of 1st august but i don't want to... im going to delay it until next week i think. still gives me 3 weeks to get the hang of it before returning to work

F hasn't regressed either I think, she's as bad as always! :haha:

Got her weighed today, she's only gained 3oz since I last had her weighed 5 weeks ago. :( not that surprised really as she's been ill for nearly a month, with various things, so its probably taken a lot to recover from all that. She's definitely grown though, and to be honest if she'd carried on gaining like she was, I'd be having issues with her becoming overweight before long! :haha: Had a little chat with the HV and she wasn't even slightly concerned about her, which I'm not either really and said she was gorgeous and alert and sociable and clearly thriving. Very nice to be complimented on your baby I find. :).

There were loads of new people at playgroup with younger babies. And a woman with a little boy who was the same age as F, and she kept shovng her son right into F's face saying, "ooh, let's make friends". :shock: eep, bonkers!

Nic - well luckily i asked if we are still in the same birm office, and were not - the office is now in Bromsgrove?! does that still count as brum??

mitch - which jumperoo?

im weighing up getting an activity thing from mamas and papas because i have a £25 voucher..... or a jumperoo elsewhere.

decisions.

emera - im sure F will bounce back weight wise.

As for G is now 15lb 11oz and is following the 50th line perfectly. yay.

and so much for bottle feeding in the day.... just as i came to terms with my decision; he wants boob :dohh: so he has fed from me again today :rofl:

MEN!!!!! (even baby men) :haha:

MEN!!!!! (even baby men) :haha:

Tell me about it!!! I'm completely surrounded.:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Good luck to all those selling/buying/extending houses!!! I'm so jealous. We are stuck in a rental until May of 2013 when DH finishes his MBA. It's very nice, but it's starting to feel rather tight.

Regarding jumperoos: The twins LOVE them. However, I'm too cheap to spend $100 each on a toy that will only get used for a few months. Luckily, the daycare has several of them, so the boys get to play in them all they want during the day. :thumbup:

Regarding the battle of the bulge: I'm not crazy enough to do the shred right now. (I've done it before and can attest to it's kick-butt-ness.) However, I did drag may big ole jiggly butt (and belly and thighs) to the gym last night for Bodypump. (It's weights/cardio). My legs are screaming at me this morning from all the lunges, squats and plyos. But my arms held up pretty well! :thumbup: It turns out that carrying two babies in their car seats every morning and evening when I take them to daycare has given me a head start.

Wt...love bodypump. I used to do that and body attack pre preggo...loved it

I.got the Bright Starts Cute Critters jumper thingy from mothercare £20 off at moment so only £65....much better than fisher price one for nearly £100. Wt...i.too loathe paying out for something she will only.use for a few months/weeks...however they sell on pretty well on ebay so.gonna keep the box and flog to makesome cash back

Thanks glow for the heads up....

Just had a banana and gave M some to hold...not interested in eating/chewing it in the slightest...also gave her a weaning.spoon which didnt naturally.go.in her mouth. also ate the banana in front of her and no.interest. not ready so.may try in.another week.or so

this is what happened when i was eating a banana today!!!!!!

Attachments

• noah charles 009.jpg
    noah charles 009.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
Good news on G's weight FT!!! Good luck for tomorrow xx
Emera poor ol F with her poorlyness...glad your HV better than mine and you all know she's fine...all those feeds must just have been ploughed into her getting well again...
Missy you coping without OH? Hope T being ace.
Mitch M will love her new jumpy thing...it's taken N a couple of weeks but he loves it now!
Loving the gymnastics...but glad I don't have to wear one of those outfits!!!!!
City...hope G settles a bit for you...x

Check out N with the 'Nana' :haha:

Good weight for G FT :thumbup:

Emera sure like Waula said F has taken all the goodness to get better :winkwink: she's maybe evening out on weight now like you said and glad your health visitor is supportive :flower:

J was so funny before, in his walker in the living room, I nipped in the kitchen and could hear him talking to the TV while Team GB were getting their silver medal for eventing....was well cute!

That's so cute Waula... he is too smart!

Keira was on her playmat today and rolled over to reach out and grab a rattle that was on the other side of the playmat. She has been reaching out to grab and play with toys in front of her for ages but this is the first time she has purposely gone out of her way to get a toy. I'm so proud of her for figure out how to do that!

She also seems more and more content to just play by herself on the mat or the Exersaucer. I generally try to get her to play on the Mat before moving her to the exersaucer as I can't see how she will ever learn to sit or crawl if she is never actually on the ground! lol

She has been sitting supported for a few weeks now without ever falling over and at times seems to be almost unsupported. (i.e. she will lean away from the support but still be sitting upright and doesn't fall forward.) How long after that do they generally figure out sitting up on their own?

Oh and her exersaucer was regular $150 but I got it on sale for $100. I justify spending that much because its for use from 0 to 24 months. It comes with a playmat (which we never used as she had a different one already but if/when we have a boy it will be used as Keiras is very pink!), the exersaucer and then it comes apart to be a playstation for a toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->