March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Cuppie you sound just like me...save save save....SPLURGE!!! And on the same topic...me and DH always had separate money/savings and we're just about to combine it all!!!! I'm VERY "yikes" about that!!! :haha:
Love the look of the oxo one too...but jeepers thats a lot of money :wacko: thank goodness the registry worked for that one!! Ours was £25 delivered...
Glad you had a lovely meet up :)
I've made oaty apricot cookies...and just eaten 4. They're massive. Warm. And delicious. And the shred hasn't arrived yet so it'll be another dog walk for me and N in an attempt to offset the cookies!!!
FT glad your day has gone well (has G fed ok today?) - I hope you find something jobwise....it is scary but also a bit exciting. would that affect you trying for G's little bro/sis from christmas?
Just had a friend round with her 8month old and my jumperoo just got a battering!!! thought N could bounce well!!! :nope: it seems they're ace for a while which is a good thing as they are pretty pricey! we got ours in the sale on amazon for £70 and they seem to go for £50 boxed on ebay so think twenty quid is prob ok for hopefully 6months of use per kid...

OMG emera. thats ridiculous. if i had that I would be folding N into it and feeding him in there when he was a teenager to get some sort of value out of it!!! crazy.

agree with waula - that is an insane amount to spend on a high chair. still if you can afford it, why not?!

oaty apricot cookies sound delicious.

i was planning on making coque au vin for dinner but when i opened the chicken it smelt slightly dodgy so i have chucked it. got one out of the freezer instead! annoyed that i have wasted 6 chicken thighs.

i've made strawberry whip for pudding (like angel delight but made by Krushems and they come with sprinkes!)

Yeah, my friends wipe their bums with banknotes i think, waay too well paid!! (He's a private surgeon)

Waula, thats why i'm willing to shell out on a jumperoo, not a cheap bit of kit, but Roh used his (not actually a jumperoo, but a sprung activity centre) at least 3 times a day for up to 1 hour at a time, from 4 months to about 13 months. Cost per use, its actually good value! :) Plus if you are planning on more children.... And i figure if F prefers the activity centre when we get it back then i can sell the nearly new jumperoo on. :shrug:

She's sat on my knee trying to jump and hooting like an owl as i type! :wacko:

Mmmm strawberry whip, and tasty cookies! :munch: How did i miss that on the first read!?! I'm trying really hard not to eat any more vanilla fudge! As my weight loss has stalled with all the cake making its plain brown rice and stir fried veg for me tonight! :(

Well here are some photos from the M and Z meet :happydance:

There is an obvious sequence of events here....Z obviously wants M to chew on his fingers instead of her own...she is looking at him thinking 'what on earth are you doing'..... Z having a little giggle to himself...then normality is resumed. M checking out Lozza and Z checking out me!

M is so serious sometimes bless her :kiss:

Attachments

• 2012-08-01 14.55.05.jpg
    2012-08-01 14.55.05.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2012-08-01 14.55.11.jpg
    2012-08-01 14.55.11.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-08-01 14.55.17.jpg
    2012-08-01 14.55.17.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 8
Yay for your Cousin Cuppie :shrug: and for owning Mulberry handbags = jealous :haha:

We're getting a hand me down high chair from BIL but it's Lilac :wacko: and doesn't have a 5 point harness :wacko: I want the one off Kiddicare now!

FT - I'll be in same boat re job will be looking for night/weekend work I think. I'm not really bothered what I do, I'll pack shelves in Asda if I have to bit of a come down but would rather spend my days with J and have any money I earn to myself rather than on childcare.

Mitch/Lozza - how cute are those pics!!!!!! gorgeous babies :kiss: glad you had a good time :flower:

Emera - I saw the Mothercare jumperoo today and it is really nice but it's small! nowhere near as big as the Bright Starts one so can't see a big baby getting much use out of it. J moved his seat round in his today for the first time, only because the dogs bed is right next to the jumperoo, don't think he realised he was moving it though! he is totally fascinated by the dog = worrying :rofl:

Love the pics of M & Z. It's a tale of two hairstyles (or lack of hairstyle for Z). :haha:

Glow- I bet J and the dog will be best of friends in no time. :thumbup: Speaking of dogs, I recently read a study saying that young babies and children that grow up in homes with dogs are less sick than non-dog-owning children. They haven't established the causation yet, but DH sent me the article as part of his bid to get a dog. :)

FT- The pic that your friend posted of you on FB is SOOOOO good. It's not a full body shot, but your face, shoulders and neck all look very fit and slim. I think the zumba/shred-a-thon that you've been doing are making a bigger difference than you realize.

Emera- I've been meaning to ask about your avatar pic. Is that a Buddha in a Bumpo? :rofl: I have a feeling Roh was involved with that.

The photos disguise M's lack of hair around the back...Lozza reckons i have given her an undercut:haha:....poor baby spends too much time sleeping...moving around and rubbing it off ooops (thats no reason to stop sttn M....just an observation...i.will take dodgy hair over disturbed nights any time:haha:)

I agree...lovely photo of your family FT...you look amazing:thumbup:...

We are having some professional photos done this Saturday with me, hubby and M...hope i look half as good. Very excited

Glow...what did you do work wise before having J? I cant remember...... Have you quit that job already?

Love the M and Z pictures!! :D

WT, yes, Buddha in a Bumbo! :dohh: "ok, Buddha, sit down and relax. Sit in Frayrah seat" was Roh's statement when putting him in there! :haha:

Just spent an hour fixing the dishwasher, the draining tube thingy was blocked. Yuck! No way am I washing everything by hand though!! :haha:

you've kept quiet about M's hairstyling Mitch!!! :haha: undercut!!!! re: photoshoot... i would just make sure M has a nap before you go...N refused to and had a hideous meltdown 40minutes in which was somewhat stressful :dohh: think we put the photographer off kids for life!!!!

FT that pic is really lovely hun. you all look fab. really happy :flower:

I'm doing an awesome job...going through all my goodfood magazines and ripping out all the recipes that I like to put them in a folder then work my way through them....its not making me hungry at all... :haha:

Lilac Glowie?? I think that will suit jacob down to the ground!!!! :haha: and N is similarly OBSESSED with the dogs. Its going to get interesting when he's a bit older - I'm very glad they live outside - at least I can contain them both!!!!

by the way kiddiecare are bloody awesome. ordered the highchair at lunch time and just got an email to say that it'll be delivered tomorrow morning and I only paid standard delivery. incred.

I agree Waula, which one did you order?I flippin love kiddicare.

Eaten toooooo much!

Kiddicare are ace!

Waula...i booked the session before i knew what M's routine would look like...if she had one by then :haha:. The sessions at 3pm...which is bang on feedtime so hoping i can get a good nap out of her before hand....get there and feed early just before shoot....if she has a nap near enough to feed she will be in a playful mood for a while afterwards...might get an hour.of good.stuff out of her. Fingers crossed:wacko:

ordered the same one as you i think Missy...green and blue owls??!!!

Ahh yeah, cute, T is obsessed with them, he just stares at them when he's in it

That's pretty good service from Kiddicare. :thumbup:

Glow, lilac, nice! :wacko:

Mitch an hour is a long time for a baby to stay happy for! :haha: Sure M will be a star :)

Waula, sounds like a fun job. I need to go through my recipe book soon.

Ooooh, saw an advert for The Great British Bakeoff today. Yay! :dance:

Yay! I love the bake off.

I'm watching last weeks 24 hrs in A&E... a little burnt little girly, oh it's making me booooo hohohohohooooooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->