March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

lozza not tried the Gu black forest but i LOVE black forest (so 90's!!) we've got Gu hot chocolate pots for naughty pud tonight...

Sorry to hear that cuppie - wishing you some luck

Loo - have you been dress shopping yet ???

Ooh the hot chocolate souffle ones are lovely! Better than the black forest ones I think.

Cuppie I've got a cool bag, how long do they take to defrost and how long can they stay out or in the fridge for? I've got about 5-6oz in each bag so all will get used in the day. Got some formula to top up with.

Poo, sorry your offer got rejected Cuppie! :(

I've been trying to read and think and OH keeps jabbering at me, trying to convince me i want to go out and let some random waitress tart babysit for us. Erm, no way, i've not met her, she could be a psycho!! (to be fair, i also don't know she's a tart, having never met her...but yeah!) Now he's grumping because i'm being hesitant to say yes i'll go out.... I'd love to go out, but i want to enjoy myself, and i won't if i'm worrying about the babysitter! :dohh:

What i was trying to think about was Lozza's question about the milk!
Technically you should defrost the bags overnight in the fridge, and then use within 24 hours of them being defrosted. If i read right, you plan to use them all with in the day, so I'd say defrost the night before and then pack in a cool box with ice packs or something to keep them cold until they are ready to be used. :)

emera i love the pic of F on your signature thing. i can almost hear her cackling!!!!

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just took me from 8pm to get g-unit to sleep, so missed the diving really :grr: but he is asleep now with sleepsheep :kiss:

Blackforest? GROSS. YUK. :haha:

My arms got burned today, major boo.

im jealous of everyone who has started their LOs on baby rice etc... sounds so fun. I just want to hold out a LITTLE longer though..... but may cave and do the banana test soon :winkwink:

so even though i had tiffin cake today ive been good. Had, rice krispies, a homous and olive wrap... and tiffin. No dinner as not hungry. i think that cancels the cake :winkwink: :haha:

right night all..... enjoy your weekends.... chat soon :hugs:

Ft no dinner??? What has happened to you? And yes, the capitals are intentional. Eat some food. X

ha! i look mental. all that was in capitals and then they disappeared when i posted...anyhoo...:blush:

Pediatrician appointment went well, she is now 11.1 lbs! He said he wasn't concerned that she went from 50th percentile down to 10th as that is apparently normal for preemies.

He was really impressed with her strength and skills so we are good there.

We also got the go-ahead to start FOOD! So exciting. Pics and Vid of that on my FB.

She got her blood taken too, I couldn't watch or anything as I have a fear of needles and it being her made it even worse. Thankfully my sister was there to help hold her down. She was good at first but the nurse kept putting the needle in and then taking it out so eventually she started screaming and straining. :(

I am in no hurry to start solids with M...no interest in what i.am eating...still sleeping through....isnt demanding more food etc etc....also i a skipping baby rice. If i do use it will mix with something else...gave porridge cartons ready to.go.and pureed stuff in freezer. I am in no hurry...she will let me know when she wants more.

That being said we are on holiday a week before she turns 6 months and they do advise trying them with something before 26 weeks (about 6 months ish)...so if no signs by end of this month will attempt some bits:thumbup:

glad you're chilled out about it mitch - you know M the best so just follow her lead :)

Thanks Emera.

I'm in no rush to start food either, although I'm excited to but I'm def waiting until 6 months and sit up well as I want to do blw. If I eat in front of him he giggles away, but only because he sees the food disappearing as being like a game of peekaboo!

I might buy him a spoon soon though and a highchair so he can get used to it, and it's somewhere to sit him while I eat! He went in a friends rainforest jumperoo today and loved it, but it will never fit in our lOunge so not getting one. He's also as happy on a rug with a ball he's got!

I'm also excited to start food, weirdly, seeing as i know it can be a bit of a pain. Saying that, it will be cute having Roh and F eat together, its a really good arena for them to interact without accidentally hurting each other, (they've both had eachother in tears today, Roh squished F a bit whilst cuddling and she grabbed and pulled his hair :dohh:). When i put a piece of sweet potato in front of F the other day Roh was very excited, and giggled his head off watching her try to pick it up! :haha: So yeah, that will be cute. She's definitely not there yet though, and i don't mind waiting. :)

I'm not really doing any hard core weaning yet. The only thing I've been doing is giving him his porridge in the morning which he LOVES!
I've pureed some stuff and tried him but he's not keen so trying to introduce different tastes slowly. So far anything else I've tried him with he's hated :rofl:

I think my dog is more excited about weaning than I am :rofl:

Lozza - J loves playing with his spoons, it's funny how they automatically try and put it in their mouth! I tried him with a bit of 'one for me, one for you' spoonfuls today with some pureed sweet potato but he wasn't impressed. He did keep laughing though which resulted in whatever went in his mouth coming back out :dohh:
I would invest in some CHEAP bibs, one's you don't mind getting stained. I got some good weaning ones in the Mothercare sale, they are really bright colours so don't show any stains.

Glow, J sounds brilliant! :haha:

Dogs loooove weaning! My mum's dog is stationed ready the second Roh goes near the highchair! You can see her thinking "its ace here, snacks from the sky!!!!!"

glowie...remember i told you about the cube shaped baby?? he's now over 23lbs at 22weeks!!!!!!!!

:hugs: Cuppie, sorry about the offer being rejected.

Skadi, what a petite little sweetie Keira is! As long as the doctor's happy, that's great!

WT - thank you so much for the lovely FB invite, you're very thoughtful :) I'm not very active on FB and still no pics of Z but I'd love to join - thanks!

Loo - I am sorry to hear the crap you've gone through with your MIL. She sounds like a prize knobjockey! (Excuse the language.)

MrsC - I am so glad your Dad is feeling even a little better. And I hope you're doing ok too :)

Mitch/Waula/FT - fair play on doing the shred. Managing any kind of exercise with 'they who call the shots' is amazing and you should be so proud of yourselves :)

Lozza - I know you're not getting a lot of sleep with your Z. My Z is giving us similarly sh*tty nights. If she didn't smile so much, I'd get properly annoyed! Fair play on walking 5 miles too!! Re ebm, I brought 10oz of EBM home to Ireland and it basically lasted nearly 48hrs after I took it out of the freezer. I brought it in a cooler bag specifically for BM(think it was from Mothercare) and shoved an icepack in there. I think Emera mentioned, you have 24hrs in a chilled environment after it defrosts....so a normal cooler with a load of ice should still buy you a day or maybe 2.

Emera - thank you SO much for the amazing weaning guide! I love your 'getting baby ready for weaning' tips especially and have just bought all the kit on Amazon....booster chair, sippy cup, spoons....so she can practice with her eating paraphernalia. She'll probably be all 'wtf you giving me a spoon with nothing on it and an empty sippy cup for?!'. Bless!

Glow - thank you for your tips too, defo a good idea not to invest tonnes in posh bibs :)

CityMouse - congrats on getting a nanny and so brilliant/reassuring that it's your sister too. We're just now starting to look into daycare and I'm torn between creche/nanny. Tbh I've kinda had my head in the sand about it until now, it's so stressful! I'm in awe of all the amazing Mamas back at work and hope I can emulate even a smidgen of your amazingness.

Waula - 23lbs?? That is amazing! How proud are you?? Seriously, you must have supermilk :) It's such an amazing achievement, all that mega-cute baby chubbiness just from you :)

Well, our Z caught a nasty bug on the flight back last week and has been dosed with a cold all week. She's still smiling away and happy out, but its v frustrating for her....and us!
I'm sure some of you have had to deal with colds already but its our first rodeo and we're using every tip available....saline, humidifier, keeping her upright-ish, steaming up the bathroom.
Well yesterday a friend recommended something called a nosefrida. I'm not sure if any of you guys have used it, but it is THE BEST yoke for sorting out the snot situation!!
As a concept, its fairly disgusting....but in reality, its not actually too bad :)
Although I'll never publicly admit that I sucked the snot out of my baby's nose! ;)
If any of your babas get congested, I'd totally recommend it.

Wishing you all a lovely, uninterrupted night's sleep xx

Whoa...kazeraggi...N's a mere 17lbs :) the 23lber is a baby at NCT who's being force fed (quite literally) formula every time he cries (which is a lot). Bit sad really...but no, my mini boobs aren't quite up to that level of production!!! And very pleased you've found the delights of a snot sucker!!! Awesome aren't they!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->