March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Whoa...kazeraggi...N's a mere 17lbs :)

:rofl: Did i say how much i loved your avatar by the way Waula, he's so squishy and cute! :)

Seriously though, 23lb, not bad in itself, but that's no way to feed a baby. If i shoved a boob at F everytime she cried she'd be massive! :shock: (and my boobs would probably develop their own gravity field!)

Oh Jaysis...sorry Waula! Can I blame my poor, sleep-deprived brain??

Our Z is just over 17lbs too, same as N....they can be weight buddies :) Is N tall too? Z is ridiculous, over 27" already. And I have tiny, wee bosoms - just goes to show heh?!
I call her my little tank sometimes but OH gives out to me ;)

The other day I was sitting at the table with E so I gave him his cup to hold and bang on the table. He enjoyed it and figured out pretty quickly how to hold the handles though he tried to chew the bottom of it.

Ah Waula - I remember the cubed baby, poor thing. How's the crying one getting on?

Kaz - we're just experiencing our first cold. He hates me touching his nose to try and clear it, so starts crying which is actually good because it makes everything come out so I can wipe it away! I've not resorted to a snot sucker, Im not sure he'd let me use it!

Sorry you're not getting much sleep either. He's just done 8.30 - 1.30 which is actually better than the night before when he'd had a bottle of formula, pleased about that as it will shut DH up. But I was dreaming he'd been asleep for ages, in fact I was getting excited about posting a dolly on here so I was really surprised, and gutted when I saw 1.30 on the clock! :dohh:

Oh, and I don't know if any of you do baby sensory but I can't get the stupid "say hello to the sun" song out of my head!

Talking of which Loo, you've liked a place in bramhall? Maybe we could meet there one day and lunch after for the NW lads?

I would have waited until 6 months adjusted to start foods with her but she has been showing signs of being ready for awhile. The Dr. recommended starting with grain cereals as they are iron fortified and she needs all the iron she can get in her diet so she can come off the iron drops. (She was born before the point babies start gaining iron stores while in the womb.) He did not recommend starting meats anytime soon and I was happy with his explanation about it as it seemed odd to me that the recipe book I have would recommend it.

IF she were born term I would be doing everything different though. I'd probably be interested in baby led weaning and skipping the grain cereals altogether. I'd definitely wait until the recommended 6 months too. Oh well.

Lozza! That bloody song runs around my head too! And the "wake up feet, wake up feet, wake up feet and wiggle wiggle wiggle!" over and over and over again! X

Lozza - I'm sorry you thought you slept longer than you did :(
Is it wrong that I think 8:30-1:30 is brilliant? Mind you, there is literally nothing worse than waking up feeling hopeful and being crushed when you find out you've only been asleep a coupla hours.

The first thing I do when I'm woken up is feel my boobs...if I've got a dose of rockboobs, I know it's been a good stretch! It's ridiculous if you think about it...wake up, grab the boobs and groan/smile...OH must think I've completely lost it. He's probably not wrong.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing your first cold too. Z isn't too fond of the snot sucking business either, but OH holds her arms and head while I do the sucking (yes, I got shafted)...she screams a bit but it's very brief. My Dad's a GP and he says that there's v little can be done when infants get a cold...keep an eye on the temp and ride it out.
Like most things baby-related, it's probably worse for the parents!

Skadi - good luck with the solids! I'm really excited to start Z...if a little nervous too, although I don't know why.

Kaz, yep I was pleased with 8.30-1.30, just a bit sad that it wasn't all night like I thought coming out of my dream! I was so excited then gutted!

Less happy with the 2.15-4 stretch we've just achieved! I massaged 1 fart out which I think might have been accompanied by poo as he smells now, but I can't hear him scream to have to stop and now feeding him. Unfortunately this means the next stretch is likely ro be shorter still
Wt - yes I should be asleep! I think the fairy is at yours making sure the twins are sorted. I think then she's just got me, kaz and sambles left to visit!

Oh, don't worry, G's not sleeping through! It doesn't really bother me, though. Our dog was sick a lot when he was younger and I would have to wake up multiple times to take him out in the middle of the night. So I got good at collecting small chunks of sleep! At least G doesn't wake up wanting to poop in the street (or worse, walk in circles for ten minutes and NOT poop in the street!).

Sorry to hear about the colds, lads. We have the nosefrida and G detests it. She used to be more passive and then the other day she put up such a fight that it almost poked her in the eye. So I have to be a little more careful.

New thing--she's started reaching her arms up to me! It's probably just more of a "why, God, why" type of gesture than asking to be picked up, but it sure looks like she wants to be picked up.

And I decided to be virtuous and sterilize our little medicine bottle and I must have MELTED part of it because the top won't click on anymore. VERY sad about that. Ugh!

Sorry for the me me me...

So happy we're still going strong on here too lads!!!!
Wake ip feet week up feet say hello up the sun wiggle wiggle wiggle. Thanks. I've now got a sensory mash up happening in my head :dohh:
Lozza 5hrs is lovely (I'm ignoring the next stretch!!!)
Kazeraggi yay for weight buddies!!!!! :) but Noah is more short and squat than long n lean :haha: is that mean??!
We did a dream feed at 11 and he lasted 5.5 hrs - cant complain! Sadly his nappy had leaked wee everywhere.
Lozza the crying one is still crying a lot. They came over for dinner the other night and she just screamed and screamed. There's questions now about reflux. Sad then that they'd left her to CC but theyve stopped now. My DH can't really deal with crying - he just wants to pick them up and cuddle - was pretty frazzled after 3hrs and now thinks n is an angel!!!!
Right all fed and snoozy here... Night night!!!
X

Oh and mouse... Was the pun intended,???! "chunks" of sleep!!!!!) :rofl: funny mouse xxxxx

LOL, no! But now that you mention it... yes, I am an absolute expert at collecting chunks of all types.

Mouse, Keira has started the reaching thing lately and has recently began high fiving back. (Although I'm pretty sure she is just trying to grab the hand coming towards her in order to eat it...) OH is now obsessed with getting her to high five.

Oh, yeah, we've been high-fiving, too... Ignoring the fact that it's exactly the same gesture that she uses to grab pretty much anything, lol.

Ha Ha Waula - J is like N.....short and stocky....he was 16lbs 6oz last Monday :shock: He really probably only finishes 2 of his 5 feeds of 7oz per day, the rest can be a bit hit or miss :shrug: think he must be good at retaining all the goodness. He's really chubby but think it's because he's not very tall.
Mind you he's never been measured for height but some of his 3-6 months clothes are getting too small already!!!

Lozza - sounds like you are getting better 'chunks' of sleep than you were a few weeks ago, albeit not all night sounds like it's going in a better direction :winkwink:

My parents are convinced that t can wave... He copied me yesterday at splashing In the bath. And sometimes I think he's holding his hands up for a cuddle... Good to hear he might be.

FinaLly! I can keep up with this thread! D's napping in my arms at a funny angle so typing could be tricky!

Vita, my head appears to be dug in the sand over the wedding! 15 weeks should be loads of time to sort out stuff like a dress and shizz. Though technically it will be more like 12 weeks as I don't plan on lifting my head put of the sand until we get ack from France at the end of August :haha:

Lozza, I've not been to that place in Bramhall yet, but they have a baby/toddler area and a brand new sensory room that opened this week! It's only £1 entry and £1 for the sensory bit so i thought I'd try. Would be ace to see you lot. With holidays/Olympics etc it seems like ages since we got together. How did the north/south meet go btw? I never asked.

And yes. That effing "say hello to the sun’ song stays in my head too. Especially the damn flowers verse. Bah. Good job D SCREAMED THROUGH all six classes so we don't have to go back!

Not sure why the caps happened.

Just been to our library and D got a free books tart bag with loads of goodies in. Fab!

Swimming after next feed...

G slept 8 to 5:45 (beating previous records by 1.5 hours)! My boobs could have destroyed a small city, had I decided to use them for evil rather than good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->