March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

G slept 8 to 5:45 (beating previous records by 1.5 hours)! My boobs could have destroyed a small city, had I decided to use them for evil rather than good.

HAhahaha

Great news on the sleep, just after you posted about the fairy not visiting too!

Jeez, as if doing the shred workout wasn't bad enough I just walked into the village and around with Roh on my back, and then had a game of chase in the park with him. I'm utterly shagged!!

Great news on the sleep Mouse!

Loo, 12 weeks to sort a wedding dress? Are you getting a "proper" one? It might not be long enough... :wacko:

Um, crap, there was something else... Balls, forgot...

I'd like to borrow the sttn fairy, just for a bit! One good nght ust wasn't enough, and F really isn't with the program on the one feed in the night thing! I clearly need to brief her more fully about the routine!!

Mouse, I love the idea of you using your boobs for evil!

Emera, I'd not really thought about it! I was thinking probably not, but my sil just called (mind reader?) to tell me she had booked an appointment for next Sunday somewhere to try stuff on. We will see!

Oh, its fun to do, even if you don't end up buying one, might as well have that experience! :) I seem to remember when I went into try on dresses and said my wedding was 4 months away they looked a bit shocked and did the sucking in air between their teeth thing and muttered things about cutting it fine on ordering etc. :dohh: :haha:

Yeah they try and tell you it takes months, a few weeks later your dress arrives way too early. Ignore them! Oh, and negotiate!

Yeah regards wedding dress depends where you get it from....they can.be really quick or if you are not bothered about 2nd hand...try on some dresses in a wedding shop and then look on somewhere like Preloved.co.uk...its great. I sold mine on there are the woman just couldnt afford full price....was in.great condition (which tey generally are) and professionally dry cleaned. Its s good site...better than ebay...they can be a bit hit and misd on there i think. Also for a 'propoer' but simple dress quickly Monsoon have a great range....also Coast....and cheaper BHS tbh.....might be online though

I agree they do huff and puff with short timescale but they'll get it if they want the sale and sometimes you.can buy the shop.one if your size....or can be adjusted. Negotiate for sure!!

Exciting stuff:happydance:

Lozza...have you tried the Colief yet? Wondered if you had bothered yet

Mitch - I've given it to him a couple of times but it's a bit of a faff, expressing onto a spoon and feeding that first! HV said I need to give it a week to work like infacol so I'll start on Monday. I was thinking hed been marginally better but he's just woken t 11 having only gone down at 8,30, bugger.

I could've done with a decent night as I've got a long day tomorrow and as we need to leave by 8 I've actually got to be up, fed a d showered by then, eek!

Ergh, I hate trying to get out of the house before 9am! Good luck with 8am Lozza!! :shock:

F is just not doing the sleep thing right. :( she settles down lovely at 7pm (ish) and seems so comfy and happy and ready for sleep. Then about 70% of the time she wakes up crying at 8.30-9pm and won't be resettled without a thorough winding, another feed and an hours worth of play/cuddles. :dohh: I really need some wind down time! I desperately rush round sorting the house and maybe eating in the hour or two she gives me, and usually as soon as I sit down she wakes up! I wouldn't even mind if when she settled at 10.30-11pm she had a decent sleep, but she doesn't, she wakes again at like 1am (and 3am and 5am) :dohh: its tiring! The other 30% I can't complan, she does 7-12-4-7, which I can handle.

Ah, sorry to moan, I just want some good sleep and a whole evening to myself!

She is a cutey though, we cheered at the diving together! :)

Good luck Lozza!!! 8am is mental!!! Hope he does an enormous stretch for you now...
Emera I feel your pain hun and I can't imagine having a toddler too...your photo of her on fb is too cute though! Hope she settles and you both sleep well xx

Have a great day Lozza!

Thanks for the tips on dresses too. Just had a scan at pre loved. I just don't know how I could buy a dress without trying it on first though?

D's being a right monkey. Took 2 hours to get her to sleep last night and she woke at 4 rather than the usual 5.30. Gah. Wouldn't settle so now feeding and she's sleeping on boob. Double gah.

Ouch, too early! Poor Loo.

I got my wedding dress at a place where you bought the one off the rack as a matter of course. Less fancy than a "real" salon, but very fast!

Hard to believe that was ten years ago.

I think I need to make some appointments. Don't even know if I want a proper massive wedding dress, but I guess it's my one opportunity to try them on!

Loo - its just fun trying. I tried on a huge meiringe (very Jordan-esqe) and loved it! Wouldn't have fitted down any isles though but was fun to try.

Well we made it out the house and I've jut got on an early train from Leicester (waved at Waula on the way past the a50). Cried when I said bye to Z! Stupidly jumped on an earlier train which means no nice cappocino or paper to read :dohh: bought a muffin so it's not all bad!

Emera - I feel your pain. They'll get there :hugs:

Emera....big:hugs:...hope you get there soonwith F x x

Lozza...have a great day in London...saw you saw the marathon but what are you actually going to see?

Loo...i would never buy a dress without trying it on. The reason why i.mentioned preloved is that you can.go proper dress shopping, try some on...maybe find one you like amd you may be lucky enough to find it on preloved. That being said with short timescales you may spot something you like on preloved...find a store that stocks it...try it on and then if you like go back to preloved and buy. The lady who bought mine had tried it on in a shop, same size...loved it and then found mine on preloved....it was local so i took it around to.hers...she tried on and bought. Just an idea. But less 'weddingy' dresses defo Monsoon/Coast x Excited for you!!!

Waula... i think you need this...
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_145334_10001

Morning all! Amazingly, G did 8-4 last night... would have been great if her dumb mother had gone to bed at a reasonable hour instead of at 12:30! I can't believe these long stretches. (Which is just as well because they probably won't last!)

Boobs were well under control, though, because I pumped at midnight. :thumbup:

City that is what I always do! So stupid.

I had faggots for lunch today. Lush

oooh wedding dress shopping! so much fun.

i actually bought the dress i tried on in the shop so that is possibly an option if you are on a tight timescale (sorry i haven't read back far and havent seen your plans yet)

plus i could negotiate hard - i paid £1100 including alterations but the dress was £1750 plus alterations if i ordered it new. mine was pristine and it was a tiny size 8 (sob sob.... no longer fits)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->