March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch big :hugs: I know exactly what you mean. N is such an easy going little chap and self settles fine at home if I catch him in time but at the in laws the other day I'd been telling them this and he just would not go to sleep, got himself in a right state and DH had to do a lap with the pram...silly...I think I was just showing off and it bit me in the ass. Now if he's not settling I do something sooner...rock the pram/boob/take him for a walk and realise that no one is judging me apart from me :dohh:
Hope M and you have a great day today...treat yourselves...shopping trip and costa perhaps? Does she need a new outfit for the wedding??!
Afm n did 10-7 last night :dance: he did wake up at 4.30 and chatted to himself for an hour but wasn't upset so I left him to it then all of a sudden it was 7am!!! Second time he's done that in a week. Are we progressing??!
Loo good luck with your bonkers day :wacko: hope u have a fab time! How are you travelling there?

Mitch, :hugs: chin up chuck! Don't gets sad, get mad! Someone made you feel crappy, it wasn't you being a bad host or anything! Don't let it get you down! And don't let M having an off day get you down either. Having a baby that's unsettled doesn't reflect on you as a parent, its just the way things are. A bit of a shock, because M is so good almost all the time. Plus you normally structure your day around what works well for her, and yesterday not so much. I'm sure your guests had a good time!
Like L+L said try and go for a walk, get a coffee, and relax. :hugs:

Loo good luck getting everything ready! :hugs: Hope you have a fab time in France!

Mouse. :hugs: I know that feeling. Xx

Well, so F was up until 11pm and Roh was up a few times in the evening. The upshot of that is... They are both still in bed!?!? F woke once at 6am for a feed and that's it! :shock: Sitting with a coffee wondering when Roh is going to get up, I have been listenng to him fidding about for over an hour! :haha:

Maybe you should change their bedtimes emera!!!!! :nope: little night owls :) maybe time for a quick shreddage??! X

Waula, Roh always used to get up at about 9am ish until I was about 6 months pregnant, when he suddenly started getting up at 6am! Managed to push that to 7am with the aid of a GroClock. The last 2 days, he's only got up because I've gone in and got him. I went in a bit after 9.30am this morning and he was definitely dozing! F sleeps to about 9.30am after a 5/6am feed naturally anyway if Roh doesn't wake her up, so, yeah, would be amazing if Roh goes back to his dozing mornings! :dance: I'll shred at nap time I think, I just can't handle it this early in the day! :haha:

Have a great time in France Loo - well after you get everything done today obviously :wacko:

Mitch - I'm sure no one thought you were a bad host or that M is an unhappy baby!

Mouse - glad squirrel settled with your sister. I wish the same could be said for J. We are having a nightmare even handing him to ANYONE let alone is Grandma :shock: he's the worst with her.
I feel so bad but we took him on Saturday and he screamed the WORST he's ever screamed since he was born. At first I tried to persevere and let her hold him but he got soooooooo upset, real tears, sobbing and could hardly breathe he was crying so hard. Doesn't bode well that they have offered to babysit on Friday night whilst we go to a wedding. It's only for a few hours but I am seriously stressed :cry: As long as he's not crying when I leave I 'think' I'll be OK :wacko:

Glow- My boys are pretty well adjusted to having anyone hold them at this point. (Due to daycare.) However, before daycare started, we were dealing with some similar screaming whenever anyone "new" came into the house to hold them even if they weren't new at all. For example, my in laws were watching the boys during the daytime every single day for 3 weeks, so they were hardly strangers. Still, every Sunday evening when they would come over for the week, the boys would scream bloody murder. The weird thing that I figured out.... if people came into the house and wanted to hold them, they would scream (especially if everything was noisy and chaotic). However, if the babies woke up to find people in the house, they were completely okay with it. :shrug: I don't know if that can help you out at all... but I figure it was worth mentioning.

Glow - dont be stressed hunni he will be ok after an intitial little cry im sure :hugs:

Loo- Bon voyage! Have a fabby doozy time in France.....Jealous much? yes.

Mitch, ive only just caught up. DO NOT let that women get to you. When women say stuff like that (that= none of their business, infront of others etc) it usually has some sort of deeper meaning eg jealousy, reminding others that shes a mum too and knows best yadda yadda. so i agree with others. eat cake. have costa. take M out. forget about it. and dont invite her to your next BBQ! C*w. :haha:

Well me and G unit are good... he just settled for a nap. we are all out of sync today but i dont care as long as he naps when tired :)

Tesco delivery arriving between 2-4... good thing too as our cupboards are bare! Starving.

Only lost a pound again last week. At first i was down but then i remembered i had been ill all week so didnt do shred OR zumba :cry: so actually a pound was quite good. I just HATE being off target though and im now off my 3pounds :( I shouldnt be so hard on myself though, my main aim was not to put on any weight before holiday - and so far so good. just need to keep telling myself that haha. :)

Ft your weight loss has been super. I'm stuck at 11st and can't shift that last half stone despite shredding - perhaps I shouldn't eat gelato :dohh: or Parkin...but where's the fun in that!!!!!
Glow he'll be fine I'm sure :) xx

Mitch, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that woman. She doesn't sound like a friend at all! I have had some similar incidents, particularly with my parents while we were on vacation, who told me that I 'had' to let A cry it out to get to sleep, and that her crying was just her 'singing herself to sleep.' I told them that was bullcrap, because there's no way a baby screaming her head off with tears and sobs and everything was 'singing.' Haha... that was a fun conversation. Anyway, you know your baby best, you know her signals and what she needs, and NOBODY should ever accuse you of not doing what's best for her! Obviously you weren't hurting her, and lots of babies need to cry for a few seconds before they fall asleep. That woman should have minded her own business and kept her mouth shut.
Hope you feel better - you're an amazing mum and we all can attest to that! Don't let her get to you xxxxx

A had her second set of jabs today, poor dear. She didn't cry as hard as she did last time, though, which was good, and seems to be fine now. Also, she weighs a whopping 14 lb 12 oz!!! Chunky monkey - she's more than doubled her birth weight now!!!

Bluebird - meant to say, I'm sure I spotted you on the sidelines on Sunday on the tv. We're you near aguero when he got stretchered off? It looked like you from FB!

crowned - brilliant weight; and at least no more jabs for a while now :hugs:

waula - thanks hun, its always the last stone / half a stone which is the hardest bit :(

Great weight, crowned!

Meant to say i dreamed last night that my boobs were sagging down to my waist. I was like, "oh well." :rofl:

Meant to say i dreamed last night that my boobs were sagging down to my waist. I was like, "oh well." :rofl:

Mouse i have that dream, and then when i wake up, i look in the mirror and think, "oh well" :haha:

I want cake and ice cream and ice cream cake and waffles and cake, and chocolate covered salted pretzels and ice cream, and cake, and a haircut........

I've eaten a family sized strawberry trifle. So dirty. And I'm in desperate need of a haircut too. But I'm scared it's all falling out.

This craving of arctic rolls, trifle and all things dessert is a sign...in fact its a disease called 'overshredding' ...a terrible affliction hence i had to go cold turkey for 2 days:haha::haha:. Back on it tomorrow so expect muffin chat (now that sounds wrong!!!)

Thank you everyone for your kind words...i really didnt think.she was a judgemental.type but shows how wrong you can be. She is the one getting married on Friday...in the same dress i.had 2 years ago. She denies that it is but i.KNOW my dress. Doesnt bother me...but think.shes in denial...had already ordered before i said. Hope she doesnt look better in it than me ha ha

Night all x x

Now that takes me back to primary school days!!!!!

Bluebird - meant to say, I'm sure I spotted you on the sidelines on Sunday on the tv. We're you near aguero when he got stretchered off? It looked like you from FB!

It wasn't me.... At the point aguero was being stretchered off I was sat inside drinking a cup of tea (shhhh don't tell anyone) I am based on level one- posh bit - where the our chairman and opposition chairman / guests are. (Unfortunately, have been caught on tv a few times - normally at the end of the game)

Mitch - don't let the be-atchhhh get you down! Is it really mean to hope she gets a big spot on the end of her nose on Friday morning.....?:haha:

Artic rolls/ trifle and shred in the same sentence - good girls - like your style!!

Happy holiday Loo!

Crowned - great weight!:thumbup:

Mitch, as you pass her in the receiving line, announce, "And honey, you are ROCKING that out of season dress!"

I'm supposed to be working, but I'm here. :blush: At least I'm not buying more fabric! (she said defensively)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->