March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Wt - added up that's almost 9 hours of sleep, I'd call that a good night too!

WT, I know what you mean! It sounds like a good amount of sleep, if your body is okay functioning that way.

Loo, hope you're having a great time! Eat some amazing French food for me.

Emera, wow! F can already escape her bed? Apparently my little sister did that from a ridiculously early age... and went on to be an escape artist from every possible type of containment. :shock: Well, they make things with straps nowadays, so at least you'll be able to strap her in, lol!

Nic, can't remember if what I'm replying to was here or on FB, but really sorry you're feeling alone right now. :hugs:

Mouse sorry for your loss :cry::hugs:

WT - Having babes certainly changes the dynamics of a relationship eh? Sorry the boys are keeping you up...hopefully it's just a phase can't imagine how hard it must be to get TWO babies to be asleep at EXACTLY the same time :wacko::wacko: you are officially my hero :kiss::hugs:

Lozza - glad Z has put some weight on. SUDOCREM for that nappy rash, every nappy change and lots of it or Metanium (sp?) I think you can get that on prescription especially if you're going anyway to see about his poo issues.
Sounds like you are def getting more of a sleep routine going though :happydance:

Loo - la la la not listening = jealous.com!! I want a holiday :brat:

Mouse, F can only escape because we have a sidecar set up with the cot by the bed, with no side on it. So if she rolls and shuffles she ends up on our bed! I guess eventually she could roll off the bed, but that would be an epic roll, as its a big bed! I'm sure it will happen soon enough though! :rolleyes: But i'm a lax and meany mummy so i'll only do something about it once she falls out! :haha:

I was just pumping and watching tv (hairy bikers making dumplings, yum!!) and not paying attention, then the pump suddenly started making a funny noise. Looked down and the whole bottle was completely full, and the milk was going back into the pump bit and up the air tube into the motor!!! :dohh: Flipping nightmare! Now have milk everywhere trying to quickly stop it all flooding into the electrics etc. And seriously hoping i haven't buggered the pump! :shock:

Seriously, what the hell is my boob thinking chucking out 10oz of milk in 15 mins!?!?!? I know F has been feeding (and growing!) a lot the last few days, but that's some sort of crazy supply! :shock:

Emera that is an amazing amount of milk! F is a piggy to drink that much!

Mitch - That's funny about her having the same dress. I hand embroidered mine so I know no one will have the same dress as me...

WT you're doing an amazing job, I'm not sure how I would be able to deal with twins. I've noticed Elliott is up more on the nights when I worked that day, it's possible the boys are up at night because they missed you during the day.

So when ever I change E's diaper his diaper rash looks better, when ever anyone else (hubby, mother or MIL) change his diaper I get him back with a bright red bum. My mom changes him more often than I do so I don't think he's sitting wet for too long. They all follow the same steps I do so what is going on here?

Mitch - Did they show you the place while the kids are there? Maybe they had the business person show you the place and the care givers caring for the children? But if it doesn't feel right don't go for it. M will be happier if you're more comfortable with it. Are there any stay at home moms in the area who could watch her?

Kymied, maybe they don't let him air out the way you do? I happened to notice that I had a bazillion baby washcloths so I keep them near the changing table and dry G off every time I change her.

Emera, omg! Can you clean out the tubes with some rubbing alcohol? I wonder if there's something you can do to really dry out the pump part... you definitely don't want stuff growing in there. But ten ounces, wow! Very impressive! No wonder F is headed for size 12-month outfits. ;)

G had a pretty good day with my sister. It's nice that I'm working right downstairs so I could come up if I heard her fussing for more than a couple of minutes. And I ran out to the store... a few minutes to myself, not having to worry about the baby, heavenly!

10oz??? Emera I'm not surprised your boobs weigh as much as Glowie used to!!! :rofl:

I miss this place too!! It got me through pregnancy and found me you lovely lads :hug: FB is good but agree I can't seem to keep up and a bit disjointed...ah well a place for both eh!

A slept from 8pm- 7am!!!! Such an angel - think she knew her mummy needed a break :kiss: only got up at 11.30pm to rescue dummy from under her bum (how?!) Rinse and plonk back in :rofl:

Also can I just thanks you lovely lovely people for all the support you offered yesterday. Am hoping I'm over the worst and will be much cheerier. Lots love to you all.

xxxxx

I miss it too!

Waula - uh sleeping is no better. I thought we were getting somewhere last week as we were down to 1-2 wake ups per night. Last night was awful, every 90 mins to 2 hrs! I coslept which always makes it worse as I don't wind him ad he snacks but was too tired after putting him back in his cot the first 2 times between 9 & 1 to do anything else!

Here's an example of how tired I was. First thing I try before feeding is sticking the dummy in or letting him suck on my finger (which he can't spit out). Last night I suddenly realised I was trying to put my finger into the speaker part of the monitor next to the bed where the crying was coming from!!! You won't be surprised to hear that didn't help get him back to sleep :rofl: :dohh:

Haha, oh dear Lozza!! :haha: Sorry, but that made me chuckle! I get like that in the night too F is the same as Z, I thought we were improving with a few good nights and then she goes back to waking up every couple of hours, or less!! Last night I was patting her back to settle her as she was whinging. It wasn't working so I found a dummy and tried to give it to her, which is when I realised I'd been patting OH's teddy bear! :dohh: :nope:
Sleep deprivation takes you to sad places!

LOL, Lozza.

Emera- You know I can't let this pass: OH has a teddy bear? :haha: So sweet. ;)

Also, check the manual on your pump. Mine had instructions for removing milk from the insides. Apparently you're not the first mama to have a moooo hoooonk mishap of this nature. :thumbup:

Nic- WHOOO HOOO for the good night. Little angel knew just what her mama needed. :kiss:

Mouse- Isn't it lovely to go to the store without the baby in tow while knowing that she's perfectly taken care of. Feels very liberating. :thumbup:

FB is being soooo annoying. I can se people have commented but it's not updating the comments. Boo.

Well my 2 hour clock watching has failed completely today. Too tired to do it properly, ie just keep an eye on the time! Hoping for a better night tonight and routine to kick in again tomorrow! So glad it's bank holiday, DH here for 3 whole days. Oh and our friends who live on our road are pregnant! Due 23rd march 2013!
Would be crazy coincidence if we shared a birthday!

WT hah, I wondered if someone would spot that! :haha: Yes, OH has a teddy! Its a snowman one and I bought it for him our first christmas because we were spending it apart and he was all sad about having no one to cuddle! So yeah, Chilly the snowman has lived in our bed ever since! If I'm honest I have my teddy in the bed too, he's VERY shabby as I've had him since I was born. Not sure there is much life left in him! :haha:

Hey ladies....FB driving me bonkers too....saying people commenting then cannot see....well not on phone anyway:wacko:

Nicnak - yeah for the great night
Lozza - boo for the bad night but had to giggle at the finger in monitor :haha:
Emera - Echo WT.....OHs teddy bear???!!!:haha:

News today is that I went to visit another nursery - loved it!!! So much in fact that I am thinking of putting M in there all the days I am at work rather than splitting with SIL for childminding. Helps that its a far more reasonable £46 per day rather than £61 (cant imagine how that other place is worth £15 extra per day!!!). The woman who showed us around was lovely, spoke to our babies, knew the name of all the children when they came up to her with building blocks etc (bless), loved the menu that they offer....they continuously monitor the salt and sugar of all dishes. And its not just fish fingers and chips and pizza etc...they had moroccan tagine, meatballs etc etc. Really diverse!

Anyway....really want to get M in there from January and worried about losing a spot....seemed popular....have a meeting with my boss on the 6th Sept...hoping I will know more then. Not sure whether to call them up to get her name down for 3...possibly 4 days a week.

Friends wedding tomorrow....excited but its the woman who peed me off at the weekend so have mixed feelings about it. Loads of our friends going to be there...get to dress M up for the day and show her off...then drop her at SIL for the night. Night alone with hubby....OMG who'd have thought it :winkwink:

Lozza that has to be the most tired fail!!! trying to soothe the monitor :haha: :rofl: brilliant!!!!

And Emera...chilly the teddy??? Cute. and OMG make sure F is almost crawling :wacko: I blame R for teaching her!!!!! N still wants to lie on his back....ho hum...not sure he's going to be very athletic!!!! :dohh: but he did say "dadadada" a lot today. he puts all his effort into chatting and kicking rather than movement. typical slug.

just shredded. bloody hell. walked 6miles carrying N earlier (but then had an enormous portion of Homity pie in a lovely veggie cafe in the Peak District). And then an entire bag of twirl bites. And some peanut fudge. And then tiffin. So I had to shred. Level 2 is hard but defo getting more manageable. Not losing weight but definitely changing shape which is awesome. Retrieving some abs :dance: shame about the wrinkly belly skin :blush: will that ever spring back??????!!

Right...off for my tea/supper... butternut squash/carrot/parsnip soup with smoked cheese on toast. NOM.

xxx

Oh and LOzza/Emera....sorry nights are getting any better....nothing but sympathy and hugs and sleepy thoughts to both Z and F. xxx

No shred for me today! I've pulled a muscle in my calf! :( going to have to let it heal a bit so took the day off and went for a 6 mile walk and round the zoo carrying F instead just to give it a bit of a stretch.
Waula, I'm getting the same results from the shred, not really losing weight as I'm munching way too much cake, but changing shape a lot!! Belly is going and also bingo wing reduction is pretty exciting!!!

Oh and F is not babbling at all, she just squeaks and growls that's it. They definitely focus on one or the other, moving or talking! It all evens out in the end though! :)

You ladies are making me think I should start shredding!!
I have to ask though - why do you all use 'miles' instead of 'kilometers'? Are you not on the metric system out there? I've wondered a few times, but DH didn't know either.

Miss the chatter on here too - LOVE seeing pics and such on FB, but it's so hard to keep up - I get confused on there!

Mitch - when I've looked round they've suggested I put his name down for more than i need and then advise otherwise when I've had a chat with work. They recognise people don't know what they're going back to until fairly last minute. Re your SIL, I think as M seems to benefit well on a routine you can just say you think she'd benefit from being in one place and more settled. Sure SIL won't mind, it frees up a full fee paying space for her instead of you on a discount!!

Expecting a poor night, Z has been down 2 hours and had to be resettled twice already, after an hour then after 40 minutes. Boo hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->