March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Hmm We haven't had a poo since slightly before we started Rice Cereal... so a little over a week now. She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable but she is constantly letting out wicked trumps. When should I start be concerned?

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about Skadi, but if you are, then call your dr? D's the same, not much on the pooing side (maybe one or two a week), but loads of trumps and wind.

Lozza, sorry about the double poo. I hope Z went back to sleep :hugs:

Waula, the switch is going well. She had been on one bottle for 3 days now, and seems completely unaffected by it! My boobs have been fine too. Thinking about replacing a second feed either tomorrow or Tuesday.

SO much to do before we go to France on Monday night. I hate packing!

Dragon Boat racing at Salford Quay's today.

Ooh dragon boat racing sounds fun!

Think we're heading to ikea this afternoon, hoping everyone else decides to enjoy the sunshine so it's not packed.

He went back to sleep at half 4 after playing in bed fir a bit. I dumped him in the cot with the light show then when he started to cry 10 minutes later fed him to sleep where he stated til half 7. I didn't bother changing the poo, bad mum.

Sleep is def improving, day and night. I feel like we have a vague routine in the day! (frantically touches wood).

Roh decided to lie in until 8.30am!! Well, went to check he was ok at 8.30am and found him trying to put all his teddies into his pajamas with him! :haha: I woke up about 5 mins before that as F was sucking my nose! :wacko: slightly odd morning so far!

Sooo lovely having that extra hour and a half in the morning! I think last nght was ok once F finfally went off at about 10.30pm :rolleyes: just one wake up between then and now, so feeling pretty good for once. Just debating whether to do scrambled eggs and sausages or scotch pancakes with fruit and yougurt for breakfast? One of the tough decisions in life, right there!

Either is good for me, Emera. I forgot to buy in fruit for breakie, so am pretty hungry now. I'll be right over.

Yea for pretty good nights all round!

Lozza, did you say you had read an article on Duracell babies or something? Maybe I could do with finding it!

Think it's meant to rain this afternoon btw, so enjoy Ikea! :haha:

Loo, I read this https://www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk/2011/11/duracell-bunnyhigh-needsspirited-baby.html?m=1

Either breakfast sounds yum, I had a blt!

Oh, happy 5 months to D! (And Mitch's M too!)

Went for buckwheat scotch pancakes with yougurt and blueberries in the end. Nom! Saved ya some Loo! ;)

I want pancakes!!!!! Sound yum!
Happy 5m D & F!!
Love the idea of a Duracell baby :haha: but glad Z is learning to recharge better!! How is D doing Loo?
Done 3 loads of washing and now it looks like its going to pour down :dohh:
In laws coming over this afternoon so done some mad cleaning this morning...why do we do it!!!!
X

Well we had our poo and it was enough to make me want to breastfeed her forever and forget food. Gross.

Yuk skadi!!!!! :sick: but better out than in!!!! We've had broccoli pants and the trumps are exactly as you described...wicked!!!

Eurgh. Think D will be on milk forever!

We took the newborn insert out of her maxi cosi car seat this week but it's back in now. Her head was all over the shop. Not good!! Oops!

I've been trying my best to force D into 3 30 minute naps a day, with varying success rates. She defo sleeps better if she has napped during the day. It's just a shame that they are ALL in my arms. Not a single nap in two weeks independent of my arms. Bah. Oh, I lie, there have been a couple whilst put and about in the pram, but still nothing where I can just chill out for hf an hour.

We are off to France tomorrow night and quite looking forward to 'sharing' her with my mum & dad, brother & sil!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. We got wet at the dragon boat racing!

Loo, at least she's napping! Roh was the same, he'd only nap on me, no where else! :wacko: draining when you can't even take 5 to go for a wee! F won't fall asleep on me unless we are out! :haha: she will in the carrier, pushchair or sofa or cot, but in my arms she just wants to chat and play! :shrug: Just as well really because I cankt be holding her all day!

Roh and I had a water fight in the garden, so we got wet too! ;)

Loo - I tried a couple of times to post earlier but failed, not sure if it was because of the link. Anyway google Duracell baby analtyical armadillo and there's a good article. Found it pretty much described Z spot on!

Amazing how theyre all so different isn't it...Noah cries to be put down when he's tired, never has been one for cuddling though.
Lozza I read that Duracell baby thing - yikes!!! Really glad you're getting somewhere with him. I can't imagine how tired you must have got with so little sleep. Be proud!
Loo in years to come you'll be trying to have a cuddle with D and she'll be all prickly and teenager-ish and you may even look back at this and reminisce fondly of all the cuddles...maybe??! Really glad all going ok with changeover to ff. hope you have a fab time in France. Share D out. Have lots of lovely wine. Enjoy!! X

Lozza, that Duracell bunny article was interesting. It describes Roh exactly when he was a baby, and actually still now. Its interesting, because the solutions she was talking about at the end were what eventually solved alot of the problems with Roh. Especially the thing about cutting out anything interesting in his room. He had to nap in as dark a room as possible, and i used to lay him on his side facing the wall so he couldn't see anything! :wacko: He was fine if we were moving though, he'd sleep in the buggy or carrier. Also what she was saying about spotting the windows where they will be able to get off to sleep and making a rough routine rang very true with me too. Lucky for me Roh did used to sleep pretty well at night, better than F in fact, although alot of nights he'd be in with me and almost permanently latched on! :shock:
F on the other hand is predictable, and her eyes get all droopy when she's tired, so you put her somewhere vaguely relaxing and off she goes! :haha: Nice for a change!

Evenibg ladies....i think.i.missed Emera coming round with the pancakes this morning...pooop:haha:

Ok...so sorry in advance for the mini.rant!!! We had our bbq today...paddlibg pool, gazebo and bubble machine for babies...all good. M ok this mornibg...late morning/early pm nap a bit off but its hot.hot.hot down.here today...think.sje was suffering.a bit. Anyway gets to 2:30 and shes tired....i know...shes my baby so i manage to delay until feed at 2:45 ish with the plan being to.put her down in pushchair in lounge about 20 min after feed. Its hot out.side...loads of people about...when i put her down.she is not.impressed and kicks off. My fault probably.overtired doh!!! So i think put her down on blanket in garden...other babies there....9 times out of 10 she will find her thumb and go.off.She is hot...i am hot...not great to.be holding her. So she starts crying...usual so.i give it 1 minute (literally less than 60 secs!!!!) and a friend say stroppily....'she wants you to.hold her!!!!'. I.know my baby she is tired....yes she will stop.crying if i.pick her up but long term it will not.have the desired effect. P*ssed me right off!!! In front of nct grls it looked like i was being cruel...soooo upset right now!!!!

Stu finally decides to pop her in pushchair flat at 4pm and push her around block...she is asleep within 100yds!!! So it was loads of people stopping her NOT the fact she wants to.be held. I know my M...and when shes tired she wants to.be put down ffs.

Anyway he brought her back....she slept it off...woke up an.angel at around 5pm.....played a bit...then was showing signs of tiredness around 6:15...this is usual....so made her bottle....same friend says 'bed already shes only just woken up!!!' ong shut up and leave me and her alone...i know her routine...i know her...shes tired and hungry back.ofg. I didnt say.that but sure she has gone away thinking i leave my.baby to cry all the time amd force her to bed

I dont honestly ladies...she is happy...she loves sleep...she hates being over tired....fact!!!

I am so angry and upset....i know i shouldnt care what people think but i love that little girl and am doing my best....i thought i was doing OK

x....sorry...rant over :-(

Blah, Mitch, you are doing fine! Don't let your "friend's" opinions shake your confidence. You know your girlie, like you said, so have faith in yourself. It's not relevant what she goes off thinking, because any negativity she feels is, at the end of the day, her problem! Anyway, what the heck does she know?!? If a 5 month old baby has been up for an hour and a quarter, they are definitely heading towards tired, especially at the end of the day! And having a load of people invade her usually peaceful house was bound to throw M off her usual, so you did the right things :hugs:

Boo hiss to silly know-it-alls, ignore it hun! :hugs:

Oh, but feel free to rant away too, it helps a bunch i find! :D

Don't worry about your friend Mitch. If m is tired at her bedtime it just shows what a good routin you have!! Plus she was bound to be a little concussed by people around for her daytime nap! Your amazing with her and know her so well, please don't let it get to you!!! I'd have been annoyed as well though, I hate people sticking there noses in when it comes to our babies. We know best. Always.

oh Mitch you absolutely know your little M the best. and who needs enemies when you have "friends" like that hey... sorry it was a bit stressful...:( glass of wine perhaps???

Thanks ladies...you're the best. I worry too much what other people say....OHs opinion is all i care about and he thought the same as me. I must admit i lost my rag a little with her when trying, unsuccessfully, to settle her upstairs...but i knew and passed to OH.

She has two kids herself so thought she may be a little more open minded. But my nct friends know M and know i was doing the right thing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->