March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

oooh forgot to mention....cloth nappies...ordered a trial pack from fillyourpants... its £110 for a month trial of 8 different nappies then if you don't like you get £100 back and if you like then you can put the money towards your nappies...DH is soooo not into this idea but I figure for a tenner I can't go wrong!!!! Excited. But hoping there's not too many accidents!!! Just wanted to try a few without spending too much...

Oh and crowned, we are a bit mixed in this country with metric and imperial measurements. Miles are used officially still, but then smaller measurements officially should be in metres and cm. Shops have to sell everything in metric weights and volumes, but you still buy your beer in pints, and we and our babies are weighed at the clinics in kgs and grams, and then we convert it over to stones,pounds and ounces! :haha:
Basically the government tried to convert us a long time ago, and we all rebelled, so its a bit hit and miss now! ;)

Thanks...I'm hoping they come with instructions!!!!

Got hair appointment on Saturday (my hair is hideous at the minute) and asked MIL to look after N whilst I'm at the salon. PANIC. He still wont take a bloody bottle so its going to be a very quick turn around :haha: not quite the relaxed salon experience :dohh:

Tut Tit Waula - keep trying with that bottle or you'll end up unstuck one day like I did with Emily. He might take it from your Mum if you're not around. Or a sippy cup even :shrug:

oh Glow...we've bloody tried...mum, DH, me, SIL, me out of the house (he screamed for 2 hours for DH whilst I was out)...he goes on a bloody hunger strike. got 6 different bottles... took one fine til 12 weeks and not had more than an ounce from one since. i've given up and am just going to introduce a cup after 6months. i know its not ideal...

Hi lads,

Thought I'd chime in re all the fussy, needy, sleepless business going on with the babies at the mo.
Does anyone follow the Wonder Weeks? (baby book, not that show with that dude Kevin)
I always thought it was a load of nonsense but a few Mums in my group swear by it and apparently right about now for some of us (23-26wks) is a stage of significant development. Apparently this really jacks up the sleeping, makes them fussy, clingy and can even cause loss of appetite.
Like I said, it could be a load of boll*x but it kinda fits with what we're experiencing. If nothing else, it makes me feel better that this is just a stage and she'll come out the other side :)

Maybe worth a read for those going through tough times. Fingers crossed for as many full nights sleep as possible tonight!!!

xx

Waula, why not give him a cup now? X

Well F slept for 30mins from 10-10.30pm and then woke up shouting. Is now asleep on my lap after a bit of a fEed. :dohh:
Honestly the days when OH is about are so much tougher!! He's terrible with getting the kids in bed and then moans about having no evening!! :rolleyes: he's working all weekend so F will be getting put in bed properly. At least I can pretend it helps! :haha:

Kaz- My babies must be on the every week is wonder week plan. :) They seriously slept better at 16 weeks than they do now. Boo.

Someone mentioned the possibility of them missing me in the day and using the nighttime to catch up on mommy time. Maybe that's part of it. Lately, they've been really hungry in the middle of the night. I'd suspect a growth spurt, but they're not eating any more during a given 24 hour period. It's just that they now take 12 of their daily ounces between the hours of 2 and 5. :shrug:

I dread hearing that everyone else's babies are fussy because G is the caboose at the end of the train and I don't want to anticipate all the fussiness! :dohh:

Funniest thing happened last night. Lately she's been waking around 11:30-12:30 for her first night feed (that is NOT the funny part, needless to say). I bring her into the bed, set the timer, feed on one side, then switch sides and always forget to set the timer and wake up like an hour later. Then I have to transfer her and she always wakes up.

So last night I picked her up, she woke up and started squealing, and I put her in her bed and she amped it up to fussing, and I found the pacifier and she was wiggling so much I couldn't even find her mouth--and then she just stopped--and was completely, totally asleep! It was like flipping a lightswitch. I just stood there for a minute, wondering if she was faking it somehow. :rofl: But nope. Then she slept until 5ish.

Waula, Tommy Tippee makes a sippy cup that you can start at 4 months, maybe try that? It's got a very small hole.

Mitch, I still think you need to think of something deliciously snarky to say at the wedding. And OMG the woman who preached at you isn't even a mother? Cow! Cow! Cow!

Emera, hope your leg feels better soon!

I went to the chiropractor, hoping he could help my numb toe, but he thinks I should have a blood test to see if it's gout. Because I'm an 80-year-old man from a Trollope novel. (Actually because of my funky diet.)

Kaz - I've got the wonder weeks book. It's really interesting. I thought I was in z calm period but actually based on due date I must be close to 24 weeks, so entering the 26 week one. Tbh though, he doesn't seem any harder than normal - unless last weeks better sleep was a calm period caused. I figured it was just a blip related to excessive pooing! We seem back to normal now ie fall asleep feeding, put down, wake &cry, repeat ad infinitum.

Lasted 11-2, ooh a whole 3 hours.

happy 5months Z!!! x

11-3.30 last night, he woke up chatting and fell asleep again by 4am but could I sleep??? nope. i was up til bloody 6. he's full of beans today. i am decidedly groggy.

Gouty Mouse!!!!!! :haha:

Lozza- Hugs, love. :hugs:

Waula- I'll start coffee for all of us.

EDIT: My babies are 6 months old today. It's probably just the hormones of being tired, but I cried this morning when I pointed out their age to DH.

Mitch..... so what does she look like in YOUR dress....? Im dying to know! :haha:

Lads, i lost anothe pound this week.... stoked! :dance: .... esp as i had two curries. :blush:

Wt - hormones and lack of sleep! I remember crying every Saturday night for the first few weeks as that was the anniversary of him being born, and thinking back to that first night alone with him in hospital! Happy birthdays twins!

Got a new paediatric appt thru today for 20th sept, better than the October date they first gave me but I'm still going to call daily for a cancellation!

Edit - FT you've lost loads, well done! I should really try harder, I ate a whole packet of toffee flavoured jammy dodgers this afternoon, oops!

Lozza, have those got jam AND toffee in?!?

FT, you've lost a ton of weight, and its still coming off steadily! I've stalled really badly, because I'm eating sooo much cake! :blush: Wish I could be more consistant like you!

Emera - sadly no, just toffee! I think original are probably better, I can kid myself strawberry jam = fruit= healthy. The whole pack was 40% of a days recommended calorie intake, oops! I had a pot of pic n mix yesterday. Just can't stop eating!!

Seafood pasta, garlic bread and wine for dinner tonight..

Veg stirfry and noodles here. Yawn-ie, yawn, yawn! It was fine but healthy and a tad dull. Roh loves it though.

I think toffee and jammy dodgers would rock! You could always just buy a pack of each and eat them together. On the plus side, throw in a couple of cups of tea and you wouldn't have to prepare any other meals for the day! On the down side, that diet plan might be lacking a couple of food groups...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->