March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Thanks guys - it's just frustrating!! I agree about the poo! Getting him weighed again tomorrow so hopefully he's gained again after his diarrhoea has cleared up. Frustratingly he slept better when he had it! Sorry for the self pity!

oooh and can I just say the cheeky wipes I got are incredible. and my cloth nappy trial kit arrives tomorrow!!!! i am excited. xxx

Loo, sorry D is restless for you! Hope you're still getting to enjoy yourselves.

Lozza, hope the weight is good.

G is also having problems transitioning back to her bed after night feeds. So I just let her sleep with me. Although last night I freaked myself out because I woke up and her face was turned toward me and her head was cold (of course that was because the bedroom got cold), and she was fast asleep so I ended up just gently shaking her to wake her up.

The problem, I've realized, is that when I put her in her bed, she tries really hard to turn on her side--she's trying to root for a boob, poor thing! It's not that she's hungry but she likes to sleep with her face on a boob, lol. (I mean, who doesn't? :haha: )

Also, we call milk/feeding "neenies," after the sound she made when she was hungry, and now when I put her in her bed, she'll cry, "Nee! Nee!" and it's like I know she means me and I HAVE to pick her up. :dohh:

That's kind of sweet though Mouse!

We are still transitioning to her crib in her own room. All her naps are in her crib but she still sleeps at night in the cradle. I know I am going to have to just go for it and get her in the crib soon as she can now sit up unsupported for a few minutes so its likely sometime in the next month she will figure out how to just sit up on her own. I don't think a rocking cradle is very safe for a sitting baby. lol

:( I just don't think I can handle her sleeping alone!

Mouse, that's so sweet!

D's either got tooth pain and/or wind that she can't pass. She is sleeping (in my arms of course) and is sporadically waking and SCREAMING in pain until I can calm her back to sleep. It's breaking my heart.

Mil and Sil (Al's sister) rant

Since this drama with mil the other week over her saying the nasty comments, things have just got so bloody petty and awkward. Mil is refusing to make any effort with us (not replying to texts, not calling (not even on Al's birthday!) and being curt with us. Sil is being the same, but I'm feeling really niggled that I put a photo of D on FB last night and despite the fact that she was on all night, commenting on other peoples posts she hasnt said anything or even liked the picture. Reading this back it sounds like I'm being petty, but it just gets right on my tits. Ffs, she's only seen D twice in her life and one of those times was under duress.

Things are so awkward that we have decided to cancel any wedding party when we get back as I'd rather feel sad about no celebration than anxious about Al's side of the family being awkward or bitchy.

It just feels really sad. I've told Al that he has to keep making an effort (even though he doesn't want to right now) because I don't want her to turn round in a few months and accuse US of being the pissy ones.

Just feels a bit petty and unnecessary.

You're not just dealing with one cow, Loo, you've got a whole herd! :hugs: Just let them be petty, and you're right--you guys have to take the high road or they'll never let you hear the end of it.

Ergh, Loo, not a great situation. :hugs: I'd definitely keep the pressure on Al to keep making an effort, although its naturally not something he wants to do, as i'm sure he's annoyed too! I've had to pressure OH to contact and keep in touch with his parents, who he has a very difficult relationship with and who i don't like very much!! I feel its important to be in touch with them though, as they are the kids grandparents, so i don't want them to miss out on knowing them.
I know my SIL's brother has NEVER met my niece and nephew, as they fell out a few years ago, and i think its really sad. Hopefully if you just leave things a bit and make a bit of effort to keep in touch then the emotions will blow over. :hugs:

Mouse, G sounds so cute! :)

Well, F slept from 10pm - 7am again and is currently back asleep still! Amazing! If she keeps this up i'll have to stop reporting it! :haha:

Aw loo - sorry about the awkward inlaws. Hold off on cancelling the wedding party though, surely your side of the family want to help you celebrate? Also novembers a while away, still time for mil to come round, and if not just don't tell her where the party is!
Alternatively, have a march mamas wedding reception instead... :haha:

Oh Loo....cow bag... and that pic of D is bloody awesome. hurumph. think you're being wonderful trying to get Al to make the effort. And a March Mama wedding party??? I'm IN!!!! :)
Emera good job F!!! (find it pretty weird that both her and N have been awful night time sleepers until last week...N also did 10.30-7.30 and is back asleep now...:dance:) my boobs are suffering though...:nope:
Cloth nappies have arrived. I'm bamboozled. And going to be doing a lot of washing today. Hurrah for the yummy weather!!!

Waula, F and N have done lots of stuff the same it seems! :shrug: And yeah, ouch boobs!

Enjoy your nappy washing! I want some nice weather toooooo!

Thanks lads :hugs: It's so good to be able to have a rant without it being to Al!

March Mamas party sounds infinitely better than any in-laws party!

Loo I'm so excited about your mamas party... Woop woop. Sorry it's been sucky though. Nightmare.

Waula, I want those cheeky wipes. Way too poor though I'm trying so hard to save cash.

I went charity shopping today. Got a pair of fat face jeans for £3 and top for £2. Brill.

I've been trying to keep up but it's hard with no laptop.

T ate a tiny piece of raspberry today. First lumpy thing he's swallowed without gagging. He kept sticking his tongue out for more.

I need a snack.

Loo- That's so frustrating! I have a similar silent battle with my SIL. She is the queen of double standards. She gets snippy when our family don't ooh and ahh about her girls on facebook. They are GORGEOUS girls and worthy of much oohing and ahhing - which I do frequently. However, she never comments or likes any of my pics. I know that sounds incredibly petty of me to notice, but it's the double standard that drives me nuts. She also gets upset when our family don't call or send birthday presents to her girls, but she has never called/sent gifts to my son(s). Same thing with visits. They live in California which is a long (expensive) plane ride away. She makes me feel guilty that I don't "value" family enough since I'm not willing to make the trip multiple times a year. However, I bet you can guess how many times she's made the trip this direction: zero. :dohh:

I find that the best approach is to try not to let it bother you. She's a cow. You're not. Let that be your consolation. :hugs:

And D is GORGEOUS!!! So that's an even better consolation. :kiss:

Missy- I love great finds like that!!!

Lozza- Do you think the fact that he slept better when he was pooing more means that maybe his tummy is part of what is keeping him up at night???

Mouse- My boys love to nuzzle into the boob too. But even when they're in their cribs, they turn to their sides and mash their heads up against the sides of the crib. It doesn't matter where the start out... they always go immediately to the edge of the bed to nuzzle up to the side. (Confession... I use the bumpers. If I didn't, they'd have big red marks on their faces from mashing their heads into the sides all the time.)

AFM... night times remain depressing, but I think the pacifier wake-ups may have dropped off just a tad. (Or I'm getting better at sleepwalking through them). They can't seem to sleep past 5 a.m. regardless of when they last ate though. I think I'm destined to have early risers. I guess that will come in handy when they're school-aged.

WT, we have problems with family on the opposite coast... It's gotten even more complicated since my dad & stepmom divorced. Christmas will be a nightmare, logistically.

G slept 8-3 last night, much better than the 8-12 she's been doing lately for her first stretch!

Mouse, that's a much better sleep for G!

We have decided that we are always going to have Christmas at home from now. We will invite people over to ours, but if they can't make it then so be it. The exception will be this year as we have agreed to go to my brother and sil, which will be lovely, and they only live 10 minutes away!

WT, I love your glass half full approach. Maybe Dharma is just making her life easier for when she becomes a shift worker and HAS to get up at bonkers times! :haha:

Loo....big hugs.....i agree that you need to keep up the pressure on OH to try and keep the lines of communication open with his parents......he will regret it if he doesnt although ot may not feel like it now :wacko:. Families who would have em eh??!!! And i agree with lozza....dont cancel anything yet...leave it open and see how things go. There are loads of people who will be desperate to help you celebrate ....and just think you get to wear that amazing dress TWICE!!!!!! Thats what my friend did who got married in Fiji. Ooooh and i could manage a trip to Manchester around Nov/Dec time. Imagine how ace that would be:happydance:

I keep up with fb but seem to miss out on here now.

Woooop for F and N sleeping through....but boooo for sore boobies. I do not miss that

Hubby out and i need food....simple pasta and pesto for me

Loo, that's what we do at Christmas, everyone gets a slot to visit and we don't go anywhere. Seeing as we don't have a car, its easy enough to say if people don't come to us we can't see them. Same as you though we'll go to bro and SIL this year with my mum, and my dad and stepmum will meet us there too. My bro has the biggest house! :haha: Only downside is my SIL is vegan and won't allow meat in the house, except for the cats/dogs, so Christmas food is shite! :haha:

Vegan Christmas?!? The horror! :shock:

Oh, good old-fashioned gross story. This morning in the shower, I combed through my hair and there was a lot less on the comb. So I thought, "Oh, good! Maybe it's starting to fall out less."

Then a minute later, I felt something sliding down my leg... a MASSIVE clump of hair that I guess had gotten stuck and then came loose.

:sick: I guess there are worse things that could slide down one's leg, but not many! :haha:

hairymouse....that is bloody hilarious LOL!!!!!

and what is a vegan christmas?? hideous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->