March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I'm sure the vegans are happy with their Christmas but as a carnivore I'd rebel and sneak some turkey and ham in under my coat or something.

Vegan??? Omg. Horrific!

City... Imagine the things we spoke about when preggy! Shows, piles, poo etc. Hair is nowt! (plus that happens to me most showers)...

eta... I just ate 3 pork and apple sausages on a bed of roasted (caramelised) vegetables. When I say caramelised I mean burnt. So flipping lush. Followed by a giant bowl of caramel cinnamon waffle ice cream. Feel sick.

i love british bake off but it makes me starving for sweet things. and there is nothing sweet in the house. apart from a squeezy tube of condensed milk. is that rank??!

Seriously, squeezey condensed milk? Gross!

A vegan Christmas?!!! That surely is against your human rights? No turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes in goose fat, brandy cream.... Chocolates... No, I just wouldn't go.

I think we're going to have our first Christmas as a family too. I guess it's time to start creating our own traditions, as much as I love going home. This year it would be the turn of the inlaws otherwise... Can't be arsed and selfishly I'd rather my parents got to see Z's first Christmas as he's their first grandson.

Wt - I do think that about his stomach yes. Also, tonight I thought I'd try formula in case I am starving him. He had a 200ml carton at 5pm, another 200ml carton at 7pm (which he left a bit of), bf for a minute or so to fall asleep at half 7. Woke at 8.15 crying but I got him back down after 5 minutes. Woke crying at 10.15 and I've just had to feed him again. Surely he can't really be hungry already? Who knows but at least I know formula isn't the magic bullet as I'd have seriously had to consider switching if he'd suddenly had an amazing stretch of sleep!

Lozza :hug: Hun... I'm sure you're not starving him. He's just waaaaaay more active than the slugs!!!!! How have the nights been going? I'm sure if it was hunger 400ml would have seen him down for a good few hours. I can't imagine my boobs could make anywhere near that! You will get there xxxx

And you're wrong, squeezy condensed milk is DELISH. X

I agree lozza....Z cant possibly be hungry after getting.that much fprmula in a short space ot time. Hope the poop tests uncover something x Have you bothered with the colief or waiting out on doctors ideas?

Waula...condensed milk....squuueeezzzyy....you are rank!!! Although it has strangely made me want to go and locate some

Christmas this year should be at my folks but would like to be here just the three of us.....although would be nice for M's first Christmas IF my bro and wife and nephew went too. Last year they had Christmas 'lunch' down the bloody curry house just them....wtf!!! And yes it was an Indian banquet.....hmmmmm...not quite your turkey roast!

Midwives...anyone daring to watch it?? Loads of little babies tonight aaaawwww made me all broody. Said to hubby i miss being pregnant and i want another...he said....straight out, no delay...'lets get on it then' gulp!!!!!!

Mitch - eeek!!! First march baby??? :haha:

Waula - nights not good! Last night he was awake 3-5 which he hasn't done in ages. I'm still feeding him now, it's been an hour and I can hear him swallowing, between breaks. Mental. I tried the colief for about a day which
I know isn't enough but it was a right faff to administer on a spoon! Thanks anyway for it!

squeezy condensed milk. genius!

is it bad that's my only comment after all those posts?

Omg Mitch! How exciting! You're gonna have a baby... I watched it. For the first time I felt a bit broody too.

I was thinking this week. As much as I loved having a tiny newborn I think it's so much fun now. I love that he knows he's funny, and gets excited about things (like stroking the cat) and that he chats. Kids are fun

Lozza, Z is either a bottomless pit, or something else is going on!

Mitch, yikes! I think you're up to a May baby if you start now. ;)

Squeezy condensed milk, what is it? I'll take some! :rofl: Is that like buying the rolls of readymade cookie dough, cutting a hole, and pushing out a little at a time to eat? That was back in the days before you could just buy the break and bake trays (kids these days have no idea how tough we had it)!

Argh, some days I'm fine with my lack of food and some days it kills me! Today is not a good food day.

Missy, kids are so fun. Roh is a devil at the moment, he cracks me up still though! Like OH pointing to a cat dressed as a pirate in a book saying "oh, its a pirate!" and getting, "no daddy, its a cat hiding in pirate clothes!" :haha:. Or me saying, eat up your dinner, and getting "no, don't want it. Only hungry for pudding now!" followed by a giggle and "i'm cheeky Mummy!" :dohh: Yes, yes you are.... Constant source of amusement! :) F just squeals with excitement when i walk in the room, which i'll take any day, its like having a fan! :D

Naaawww! I love kids! When D's in an ok mood it's amazing! She can look so damn happy if she tries!! She's just been telling me this long winded story about what she dreamed about. It sounded fun!

Vegan Christmas? Gah!!!! Glad I didn't read that before bed, I would have had nightmares! I was vegetarian for 7 years though. A bit nutso considering I now eat all meat, and the rarer the better!

Mitch, so you are officially ttc then? I can't believe how excited this makes me!!!

Waula, you are rank! :hugs: I have been known to eat a spoonful of Birds custard powder mixed with a glug of cold milk before though.....

Mouse, the food deprivation isn't forever! Right? :hugs:

Lozza, it's funny, but I feel the same about D and seeing MY mum on her first Xmas rather than Mil (and nothing to do with what has happened either).

Anyway D pulled it out of the bag last night and went from 7.30-6.30. A fluke, I know, but pretty damn happy!

Today we are off to Cognac to have a tour round the Remy Martain place. Let's hope D's down with that!

Wooop on a great night Loo...i am sure its one of many x

Emera...i know exactly what you means about having a fan...M squeals or just breaks into a huge grin hen i come into a room. Last weekend was all about daddy though...she couldnt get enough of him aaaaw

Lets get this straight...we are not ttc....but when all you guys kick off trying towards the end of this year i may join you...MAY!! Its just the first time hubby has said that with no reluctancy....fair to say i.think this the start of a lovely age for daddys....she is far more interactive/wants to.play and dont get me started on the raspberry blowing attempts...there is ALOT of drool ha ha

Loo - enjoy the cognac tour, sounds fun as long as there's tasting.

Well after his 2 cartons, hour long bf Z lasted just under 4 hours... He really is a bottomless pit.

By the way, has anyone in the uk done tumbletots? I'm going to sign Z up as they can start at 6 months. Hoping to burn off some energy! It's the same day as swimming so hopefully on a Wednesday he'll be exhausted!

Hey lads

Sorry, with Waula on this one, condensed milk in a tube is ruinously gorgeous! Gosh ,you don't even have to stick your finger in a tin, just squeeze it into your mouth.

Hurrah for a better night Loo, I hope you feed vaguely restored.

I don't know what I want to do about Christmas...and it WON'T be n the vegan. yeuch. I would rather stay here and have it as just the three of us with visitors but we live miles away in the north and I know my parents would just love us to be there. I don't know. Part of me figures that the first year is nice but she won't remember, subsequent years are different.

Loo, I'll disagree slightly with everyone about Al and his sister. Yes, it's good to keep relations open, to encourage him to be open BUT that can also be a real strain and might be something he's not able to do now. I would worry he'd be resentful if he feels pressured, and for what? Entertaining shite behaviour? MrC has not the best relationship with his parents but I keep schtum. It's not my area and though they miss out of E's life for various reasons, I prefer to keep out of it. I've alway felt strongly that I'm there for him and not to get involved in emotional manipulation (mum and sister are pros). My grandparents were absolute experts at maintaining the 30 year grudges and ultimately it made them very sad and isolated, they didn't see me until I was 1 thanks to a huff with mum and dad. But equally, it can be just as painful and straining to keep trying to be cordial...I never suffered from not seeing them. Sometimes it's just better to let things rest a little.

Well, E slept pretty well last night, from 7:30 to 3am and 4am to 8am. After last week of waking at 1am, 3am and 6am I'm grateful for the first waking is eeeeking itself out later. Back to painting her room today if I can encourage her to nap. I'll hopefully be slinging up 'sweet lavender' as a colour later tonight or tomorrow.

Go on Mitch, ttc ;-)

Soooooo lovely to hear everyone on here again :hugs: and yes condensed milk in a tube is immense... Loo spoon of custard powder and a glug of milk???! Haha!!! You win!!!!!
Have fun with the boozy day...D did awesome last night hun!!!!!!
Lozza not heard of that but getting rid of energy can only be a good thing right!!!!
Better night fromE too msC!!
Christmas... We always have just us Christmas morning then either mine or in laws for dinner... Not giving up our morning... Lazy breakfast, family church service then our local pub for nibbles usually...who knows what that will turn into this year!!!!!!
Mitch!!!!! Get ON it lady!!!!!!! Xx

I've spent that long reading what everyone said I've gone brain dead and can't remember any of it except squeezy condensed milk and Z being a bottomless pit and Mitch TTC!

Gooooo Mitch!!!

Lauren have you tried Z on soy milk?

Jacob keeps squeeling! It's so high pitched he keeps choking himself!

F failed last night, woke at 3 and 6! :rolleyes: I'll forgive her though as at 3am she woke me up as she'd shuffled all the way over to me and was right in my face, cooing and licking my nose! :haha: And at 6am, the fire alarm decided it's batteries were running low, so it started going off and scared the shite out of all of us! :shock:

A fun morning trying to find a roofer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->