March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Emera that is VERY cute... I think we'd all cope with a 3am nose lick from a cute baby!!!! Less so about the fire alarm. Humph. I'm over at my mums place in Shropshire for a couple of days as DH working over here...and n has gone to sleep in the cot like a dream (either that or the house is too big and I can't hear him :haha:)

Oooh whereabouts in Shropshire Waula? My folks live in Telford now.

Was thinking about an impromptu.visit to.see them tomorrow.and.Friday.as hubby has a golf day tomorrow but is it bad that i really camt be arsed!!?? :haha:. At the moment we have no free weekends until the first one in October which seems awfully far away:wacko:.....but i guess i can go up mid week some other week. I just hate all the faff of getting her things together...sorting the travel cot by myself...fitting it onto their tiny spare room along with me!!!! Now she is used to her own room i begrudge sharing:haha:...poor baby

Now lets get this straight....i am NOT TTC!!!!! Just a change of direction from hubby threw me a bit.

On another point i have bloody horrible AF cramps....i need hubby to get home early to put M to bed so i can go soak in bath asap. Thing is AF started 2 days ago with no side effects so i am soooo not happy about where these pains have come from. Never had bad cramps before:nope:

Near market Drayton Mitch... Prob 20mins away from Telford!!! You must let me know if you're up here thurs/fri - impromptu meet up?! X

LOL, Mitch, we're just going to keep talking about you TTC. :rofl:

Thank you hairymouse:winkwink::haha:

Emera first then Waula...mark my words x

No pressure emera....get on it!!!:winkwink:

And waula...interestingly you liked my comment and didnt deny it....hmmmmmm....get on it!!!:winkwink:

Did that deflect suitably from me?? :haha:

Morning all btw....have a lovely day all...bit crappy weather here...drizzly and dull:nope:

Ugh, he's got a cold again! I know he'll pick stuff up at nursery but didn't think he'd have 2 colds already. Fortunately I've not caught it off him either time (well not yet anyway)

Waula - hope N slept ok at your mums!

Lozza, sucks to get another cold. :( however, my doc said that ideally they want to get 8-10 infections per year for the first 3 years to build their immune systems efficiently. That basically means them being ill most months! I try to look at it like each illness they get makes them stronger. Doesn't really make it more fun whilst its happening though! :nope: I'm dreading bronchiolitis season this year! :( We had to call an ambulance for Roh when he had it, ergh! :shock:

Mitch, I'll get on it if you do! :haha: Actually, was discussing it with OH last night ;). Now F is sleeping a bit more at night I'm sort of hoping I'll get my cycle back so we can keep unnecessary :sex: to a minimum! :rofl: Its the last thing I want to do at the moment, but if its for babymaking I might be able to muster the energy! :haha:
At least I don't have a frustrated OH, we'd blatantly both rather sleep! :D

Hope everyone has a good day! X

Emera....i am with you on the unnecessary dtd:haha:....poor OHs. May wait a bit longer and see if i definately want another....i am still torn......best put it on hold for a while:haha:

Lozza- So sorry about the cold. That only makes night times worse. :( :hugs: By the way, when is your appointment with the pediatrician?

Emera, Mictch, Waula - Get on it!!! But don't abandon us when it happens.

Well, as I posted on FB, we had our first official STTN for K. I have no idea what was different from last night and the night before (where he was so hungry that he took 8 ounces in the middle of the night). :shrug: It really is random I guess.

Wt - it's 3 weeks today. Im ringing daily to get a cancellation but it's a fortnightly clinic so either a week today or 3 weeks. We've just had to hold him
Back to sleep after being down just under 2 hours, he was screaming with some sort of pain, poor thing. We just got him down then DH couldn't hold a sneeze in so we had to start over again! :dohh:

Don't think the cold is helping, can hear him snuffling over the monitor. He's slathered in vaporub so hope it helps, or je'll end up like ft's G in a lake of snot!

Sorry Z's got the cold Lozza - hope a tooth appears out of it :winkwink:

TTC - not me ever although OH said he would have liked another one (not now though!) and I felt really bad because obviously because of my age it's not going to happen :nope:

Anyhoo - not much happening here really. Jacob ate a chip on Sunday :rofl: hasten to add it was a homemade chip made by MIL with no salt but just thought I'd put it in his hand and see what he thought. He sucked it for a but and then it was gone :shock: So I bought some rice cakes a start to finger foods but all he does is pick it up and bang it on the table :roll: so will keep trying and might try him with cucumber.

I have to be honest and say I have been VERY lucky with Jacob! He has been the easiest baby so far. I never hear a peep out of him when I put him to bed, rarely have to resettle him and he's sleeping approx 8.30pm - 7.30am. He's such a laid back happy little chappy :cloud9:

I chuckled at Jacob banging his ricecakes! Probably thinking, "what's this healthy crap, where's my chips from nanna??" :haha: F is getting tastes of all sorts of stuff recently because she's gotten very good at just launching herself towards food until her face hits it! So, rice crispies, ice cream and melon have all been sampled today alone, as well as half a pouch of pear puree which I gave Roh as a snack and he got bored and fed it to her! :dohh: I soo need to not leave them together when he has food, he thinks feeding her is brilliant fun, it could get a tad dangerous though, so I better buck up!! Oh and let's not mention the Wotsits from the other day... And that was "supervised" too!!:nope: I'm really a terrible mother!! :haha: Think I'll get me down McD's and sort her a happy meal tomorrow! :winkwink:

I was cheap and bought him the asda own ones so maybe that's why......he's a brand whore already!!!

Ha, what I didn't say was OH gave him a bit of ice cream too!! He bloody loved it but I put a top to it....boring mamma!

Oh and we were in Costa last week and Jacob was sitting on OHs knee when I got up to sort the car seat out etc, I turned round and he was giving him a taste of his toffee cooler!!!!
He seems to be obsessed by cans of beer which is a bit worrying. I'll try abductions video it but if OH has a can and Jacobs on his knee he watches every mouthful and even opens his mouth! Bloody funny! I love this age because it's just before they have tantrums when they can't have what you are having although he gave it a good go when I put a stop to the ice cream!!!

Edited to add STUPID PHONE!! ABDUCTIONS WTF!!

Well abduction is quite appropriate, he is variously abducting food I suppose. Chips. Hahaha, just imagine how boooorrrring a rice cake is compared to a lovely, squishy, fluffy chip. I find these stories hilarious, particularly F throwing herself at food. I read somewhere they don't really swallow lumps of food for a couple of months, just taste and explore it. I think evidence on this thread points otherwise.

Lozza, fingers crossed for a cancellation, surely your diligence must pay off....and that the appointment will yield some help. If it's any consolation, E woke up at 1am and faffed about for two hours last night, then woke up at 6:30, then 8am. I gave up.

The good news is, despite acquiring 3 blisters, and have dry hands of paper, we now have a finished bedroom for E. Lilac walls, classic pooh soft furnishings (thanks ebay) and a lovely birchwood dropside cotbed. GULP, she's in it tonight (along with her friends Bunny Malone and Foxy) so we'll see how sleep is....I'm just looking forward to reading in bed again....but I'll miss her too.

Msc I missed t so much at first. I had loads of nightmares of people being in his room and me not being able to get to him. But it's ok now. I much prefer feeding him in there and he gets really good sleep. I want to go in there now and kiss him.

We went down to visit the area where oh is moving to this week. I met his boss (seems lovely) and she mentioned that the theatre may have accommodation for him which would be amazing. (not until October though as there's a famous actress staying there at the moment - Fnaaaaaaar darrrling) which is a massive relief as I had no idea how we could have afforded two houses.

I'm so fed up of no Internet. Can't wait to catch up properly. Oh I'm picking up T's new cloth nappies tomorrow!

Thanks for making me feel normal Missy. I know lots of us mamas have had their own space back for some time but to be honest, until last week, I haven't really wanted to. E just seems so...little....to be in such a "big" space. That said, last week,bit was nice to go and and feed her quietly. Whether its the same in winter will be another thing.

GREAT news about the accommodation. Maybe I'm out of the loop but will the travel back and forth be a permanent arrangement or will you all move there? After all the work on your place, would you be sad to move? Really hope he loves the job! Fnar fnar.

Well he'll be staying there and commuting occasional days and I'll stay up here until my degree is done. Once I finish I will go there and try to find a job (boooo hoooooo). I looked today at what's down there and it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->