March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

What men say: "I'm going to change my shirt and go to the office."

What they mean: "I'm going to wake the napping baby and then run out and leave you to deal with her! Have fun, sucker!"

Mouse, if I were to make a list of all the things men do too loudly when babies are at their most vulnerable sleep stage, this post would go on for days. At the top of my current list:

Pissing loudly. Seriously, why does their pee have to make so much noise at 5 a.m.?

Laura, glad you have your meds sorted. How long do you think you'll be in for? :hugs:

Mouse, I only had the "you move around the house like an elephant" chat with Al yesterday. :grr: And how the frig do they manage to catch every creaky floorboard in the night? I made it my business to memorise all the noisy ones around her room and now I'm like a cat burglar creeping around!

Had a much better day today. Feel a lot more chilled. It was probably hormones, so maybe my period is due to come back? I'm still giving D 1 bf a day, but I guess it'd be due to come back soon.

OH always blows his nose like a foghorn as soon as I get F to sleep! :dohh: To be fair though F sleeps through his snoring so she could probably sleep through most things. (His snoring is so severe I have to get to sleep with my iPod on full blast and I can usually still hear the snores over it, it regularly wakes me up though still!!).

Poor Fru is so unhappy, evil teething. :( she just can't stay settled at all. We've had about 40 mins sleep all day and it took 4 hours to get her off this evening. Rubbish. At least after the top front two there are no big teeth for a while so the going should be easier for a while!

I've partly boxed F in wth cardboard tonight, so hopefully she won't escape again!

There is a crane fly that keeps madly bashing into me in the dark, its freaking me out!!! :shock:

Hmmm I noticed Keira has crazy scratches inside her one ear. I assume this is from ear pulling. ... but why?!

They can't localize pain at this age, so if she's experiencing jaw pain from teething, she could be taking it out on her ears!

Also, ears are so interesting to grab and hang on to!

I put rubber stops on all my husband's drawers because I could hear tons of drawer slamming on the baby monitor every night.

Elliott had blood on his ear the other day and when I cleaned it off I found a tiny scratch. I haven't seen any ear pulling but he does rub his ears when he's tired.

Those claws are sharp! he was grabbing my lip and cut two nicks in it! I guess I need to be more attentive to trimming....

Emera- Poor F all boxed in. She wants to be freeeeee! ;) But I guess if you could get Roh to help draw some pretty pictures on her new fortress of cardboard, that would make it better.

Kymied- I love your new profile pic!

emera, i'd like a picture of the boxing in please! I can't believe she escaped! Amazing. Lack of sleep is horrid, we're going through that too. T is feeding like mad, literally every time i pick him up he goes for the boobs. So last night he woke at 12.30, 2, 3, 4 and 6. He needed three new nappies and about 99 hours of feeding. Poor little guy, he's just miserable.

I so agree about the man and noise thing, peeing, door slamming (especially the door next to Ts room), and playing FIFA at top volume (why do you even need to stupid sound on??)

Laura - poor you - hope you are feeling better asap

Amazing advice from mrcc - i agree IV paraceptamol is an amazing painkiller - hope they get your pain/being able to feed sorted soon

L x

edit

Missy - i really feel for you guys - ted much be soooo uncomfortable poor man - how are you managing with being back at work/placement and lack of sleep

L x

How is teds bum? Poor boy. I really want him well soon, our babies should not get ill!

I want to see the boxing in too!

It's been a tough few days here all down to Al's mum. I think she has been watching too many soaps because she is being beyond dramatic. The latest is that she thinks we have made her out to be a monster (??) and that she is scared she is losing her son, dil and granddaughter. She's flipping bonkers! I asked her to come up to try and sort it out this weekend (and last weekend too), but she's made excuses so I've now asked if she wants to meet in Shrewsbury (a good halfway point) so we can sort this out and move on! Needless to say, she hasn't graced me with a reply.

Bloody mother in laws! AND SHE'S NOT EVEN MY IN LAW YET!!!!!

Yikes Loo she seems like a real piece of work!

The latest is that she thinks we have made her out to be a monster (??)

Well I don't think any of us have called her a monster... but a cow for sure. And it's not so much that you "made her out" to be that way, but rather that she made herself that way.

I think you're being very gracious and accommodating, which is an impressive course of action for dealing with a Cow-in-Law.

:hugs:

Sheesh!!!! I've missed so much on here!

Firstly MrsC - hope E has managed a lovely poo. I was told apple juice very watered down as orange is too acidic :shrug:

L - hope you are OK and out and better now :hugs:

And finally Loo - wow you remind me of me :winkwink: I have to know the insides out of everything and that can be very destructive.
MrsC gave some great advice/thoughts about own private pockets of space etc. I suppose if you ask for 100% truth you have to be prepared for what you might hear good or bad. My OH didn't find me attractive when I was pregnant either but to be honest I knew that and he even told me!
Sometimes love, sexual attraction and mutual respect are separate things in a relationship. You go through phases of having them all at the same time and it's brilliant, other times it's just one or the other, ups and downs.
I do think men see pregnancy completely differently to women though so if you ask any man their opinion on it, it will never be the same as how we have experienced it. I'm quite sure if we all asked out OH's the same question you asked Al we would all probably get a similar answer :winkwink:

As for the MIL - I'm glad you're trying to create some kind of middle ground with her otherwise this could prove to be a thorny subject in your relationship :hugs:

Hey lads

Laura, I hope you're hanging in there? How's it going feeding A and are you managing to see her? How's the pain?

I concur regarding elephantine partners, I have to tell MrC to remove his clompy trainers before going upstairs in the evening. Clomp, clomp, clomp.

Fingers crossed Glowie about finding a job that suits you.

How's the no sleep Emera?

Loo I think you're coping really well with regards to your potential MIl. If it were me, I would just laugh at it all, probably slightly maniacally and maintain the higher round. The more she makes you angry and upset, the more she wins. Bah. May the world rain down baby poo upon her head. Preferably Teds now he's a bit better.

Thinks are sort of ok here. It's definitely indigestion central and at the moment she's waking up about 10:30pm with belly pains and crying her heart out. It's so sad. I sit with her giving cuddles and back rubs but not much else. Except last night when she'd been unable to settle back down for 2 hours so ended up feeding her which seemed to be the answer. She went through until 7:30. I guess we just need to ride this out. I keep giving her breakfast and lunch but we skip dinner, just seems kinder to right now.

Loo - she sounds a nightmare! Just don't give her any ammunition, sounds like you're not.

We had a 5 hour initial stretch of sleep last night!!! The first time he's done that in ages! Looks like swimming followed by gym babes wore him out. He's slept better the last 3 nights, the first 2 he was sandwiched between me and DH as my parents had the spare bed. At 10pm he still wasn't asleep so we plonked him in between us and after half an hour he bored himself to sleep (having pinched, punched, pulled my hair etc all that time. Slept from around 11-3.30 so was well pleased! I don't think DH slept as well with him there but I did!

Laura - hoe you're ok x
MsC - hope E gets thru her windy issues!

Yay! Lozza, you so deserve the better sleep!

Loo, I hope you're doing ok with mil etc. etc.

MsC, I hope the baby indigestion is Ok tonight.

AFM, I'm still hurting and keep getting random back spasms but its much better than it was. Also, drugs are ace! In the right kind of way! I still can't pick up A but I am getting better and even managed to attend sign and sing today even though n did the actual session with A. It's times like these that make me glad hrs only working two days a week!

Also, the lasting (I hope) consequence of all this is that A is happily eating out of a bottle. Yay! She has 10.5oz (!) before bed today!

Laura, I am so glad you're home from hospital and hope things keep improving. Take it easy, or as easy as you can.

MsC, I agree about E skipping tea for the time being. We are doing the same as D's struggling. I don't want to stop the hard to digest foods because she needs to get used to them, but I try to contain them to the morning.

Lozza, pleased for the good 2 nights! When are you going on holiday?

Well we are off to Shrewsbury on Sunday afternoon to see mil and Fil. Looking forward to it as much as you can all imagine, but it needs doing. Hopefully this'll be the end of it.

Two nights in a row!! 8.30-1.30!!
I wont start to believe its any sort of pattern but still, it's an imProvement!

Loo - we're off tomorrow (sat), can't wait to escape the rain! Even if it rains there at least it will be warmer! Good luck for Sunday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->