March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Hmmmmmm nice Laura!!!! Better out than in. Now be glad she's not simultaneously doing yoga poses whilst you sort it out!!!!! :sick:

Do you think cupcake is going to join another preggo group now?! I'm so excited for the first of us to be reduffed. I know this will prob sound weird but it feels like a "real" friend is pregnant! Love you lads xxx

Oh and really glad MsC that E is getting used to solids inside. Won't jinx any more than that... Here food is going well but still having lots of bf too (9 in past 24hrs!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!!!) I think he may have realised I was thinking of dropping the dream feed ha!!!

Hope Lozza and Z/N having happy hols :)

I emailed my boss and said we needed a catch up. First step to handing in my notice. Woop/weep - cant decide. Xx

I know what yu mean about it being a real friend. I feel the same way too and I'm so looking forward to meeting you all in London. It's so exciting too. I'm desperate to have another baby but even though we're ntnp, getting pregnant now would probably make me have palpitations! :haha:

I'm glad that E is doing a little better. Nothing more to be said. Touch wood.

Waula, Astrid is eating well too but is still having 7 or 8 bfs a day. I think she's actually just eating more...

Oh, and I meant to say, well done on calling your boss. Hopefully everything will go well. I know what you mean about the woop/weep conundrum. I feel the same. I'm looking forward to going back to work but I went on a tour of nursery today and felt like crying at the thought of leaving Astrid there even though it was a nice place. This working and being a mummy thing is really hard. I knew I'd feel conflicted but I never realised how conflicted.

WT, I'm so sorry!!! I'm such a donut! Sorry sorry sorry. It's edited, but a million hours after you realised. Pah. Spanner!

Ah HA! I've been scanning the fb group looking for something about a foof of fire after seeing it on our lexicon, and FINALLY figured out what y'all were talking about! [edit]

General G update... seemed too long for FB...

She basically slept from 8-5 last night (with a little wakeup at 4, but back to sleep for an hour) and then ate and slept in until almost 9! I'm so inspired that I ordered a fancy new crib mattress that's supposed to be miraculous and may try putting her in her own room soon.

She's been in such a great mood lately... I honestly think it might be from my giving up beef. She just plays and babbles all day.

Or is that because she's 6 months old? Either way I'll take it!

That's great news mouse!!! Really pleased for you, you've had a tough six months with food (or the lack thereof!) and you deserve a lot of happy, stress free days and nights now. :hugs: new mattress sounds great xxx

Thanks, waula! :hugs: It is really unbelievable what a difference it makes in the mood of the whole household when the baby's in good spirits.

Mouse, that's great news!! I know what you mean about the G's good mood affecting the household. D is exactly the same, and when she is having happy periods, everything is so much more relaxed. It's just a shame that she is quite miserable a lot of the time too, but 6 months seems to be a magical time for us where she just 'gets' a few more things and is happier as a result. A definite reflection of our moods though, so yea! Go G!

Well, it's 8.26 and I have already managed to have words with Al this morning over something and nothing. Anywho, I have left him to deal with D's breakfast himself....enough of a payback because we all know how hard it is to feed both yourself and supervise baby feeding whilst keeping them happy and content, and afterwards to clean up the carnage whilst still trying to amuse baby - who is definitely NOT amused. *snigger*

Lozza just wondered how Z nights are getting on? Hoping no news is good news...?!

Yes, Lozza. I was thinking the same thing this morning. How is Z doing at nights?

We're doing great up until 5:00 a.m., but we still struggle for them to stay asleep longer than that. They go down at 7:30, so it's not as if it's super early. And even if I move their bedtime later, they still seem to find the 5:00 hour anyway. :shrug:

Waula/WT - no news is not good news. He did do a 10-4 on holiday one night which was great, and a couple of 4 hour sleeps, but then the last couple of days on holiday he was up every 2 hours. Last night was awful, 7-10, 12-1-3-4-5-7. And I felt awful so that night finished me off. He's only snacking today so I'm sure tonight will be as bad. Don't know whether to try some sleep training or not, I just can't decide if I can bear it!

Ugh Lozza... You poor thing. Since Noah has had teeth/cold he's been up 2/3 times per night (which is nothing compared to Z) but I'm bollo**d again and have caught his achey snuffles. I honestly don't know how you're surviving. You need a medal. What does N feel about sleep training? Seems to have worked wonders for people on here... We've not done it, N usually just has his 10pm feed which I don't mind - just this cold/teeth have buggered things up. She says with fingers/toes/arms crossed!!! Xx

Sorry, Lozza. :(

Perhaps you could give some sleep training a try, and if you can't bear it, just stop. Z may be a tough cookie, but you both need some sleep. :hugs:

Sorry, Lozza. G's not consistently sleeping through, either, so you're not alone!

I'm going to have to try something. He went down about 7.15 tonight and has woken every 40 minutes since. I managed to hold off until half 10 before I've given in and am feeding, after spending the last 45 minutes getting him back to sleep only for him to scream as soon as I put him in the cot, or in my bed, or even just sat down instead of standing up! How the hell could he tell I'd sat down :dohh: I thought maybe I could sleep sitting up holding him but it wasn't to be. So far he's been feeding for 4 minutes and it looks like he's fallen asleep.

I even tried giving him a big dinner in the hope it would make a difference - well it's only served to make it the worst start to a night in along time!! I am
Going to try not to feed each time tonight, as a result he barely snacked all day so I think he's getting night & day feeding mixed up again.

Sorry for the me post!

Lozza, that sounds like habitual waking which I have read quite s bit about (D always wakes at 30 mins during naps). I have been trying The Sleep Whisperer technique of Wake to Sleep (or something similar). Basically, you stir them 5 minutes before they usually wake, bring them into a lighter sleep, which then allows them to start a new sleep cycle.

To start with, I thought it was never going to work, but after a few days we started to get longer naps, and now she can sometimes nap for 1hr15 which is a dramatic improvement.

Could be worth a read?

Good luck with the rest of the night. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"