March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Lozza so sorry about you sister. When they test HCG anything over >5 is classed as positive so she was/is def pregnant. That does sound like a really low number as technically it should double every 48 hours, even though she's bleeding it's hard to say what's happening exactly until they re-test the HCG. When I MC'd mine went up but didn't double. It's not a totally accurate science but rising HCG does indicate a viable pregnancy. Sad if she's having a MC though...totally feel for her and you not being close to give her a hug xxxx

Lozza so sorry to hear about your sister - xxxx

You deserve the biggest medal ever - i have no idea how you do it - you know E didnt sleep great until 4 mths ish, but i still cant believe you are going through it still - you are one amazing mama

L xxxxxxxxx

So sorry, Lozza. :hugs: She shouldn't feel silly, poor sis. :(

WT, hurray for the extra sleep!

Lozza, I'm so sorry. That is such devastating news. I hope she can be convinced she was pregnant and not imagining anything. And that you can give her a big hug soon.

I can see you pinning z down, glad it worked! For now.

WT, go you for having a better night! I agree, how mic Han incremental half hour can make a difference. Partly why I still feed E once a night. It's the possibility that she would turn into an early waker, that would be toughie for me.

Well after a good sleep, and despite E being snot central, she's decided plums are the BEST thing ever and haS Ben alternating between singing and nibbling them for half an hour. Little weirdo.

Thanks all, they've confirmed she had a miscarriage. She's sounds ok with it. X

Awwww Lozza that's really sad. Glad she sounds OK though :hugs: They advise waiting 3 months...I didn't as soon as bleeding stopped we got on TTC again and I fell pregnant straight away. Your body is super open to pregnancy because initially your body fights the pregnancy like a little alien invasion, the fact she has the hormones in there as soon as they drop >5 she will likely ovulate again. Anyway I'm rambling :wacko:

MrsC - glad E is happy again today xxx

Oh Lozza, that's so sad. For everyone, not just your sister and her oh. I hope she comes to terms with things. Lots of love :hugs:

MsC, I adore the image of E singing and nibbling plums. Beautiful.

WT, go twins! Now do it again!

Lozza, you really are amazing. That is all. xx

Well, I breast fed Dharma for the final time last night. She had a few fussy feeds this past week and I wanted to give up before it became a battle. It was lovely, and she was almost sleeping she was so snuggly. She held onto my finger tightly, and didnt even mind my tears falling onto her. :cloud9: It was perfect and exactly how I want to remember it. Its firmly in the memory bank. xxx

Aww, Loo. That makes me tear up. :cry: Nursing a child is an amazing journey ups and downs even if for just a short while. You've done it against a lot of odds, so it's extra sweet that you would have a cozy, snuggly final feed. And of course, there will still be plenty of FF cuddles. :hugs:

MsC- I love the thought of E singing to and nomming on her plums.

Loo you've made me cry! Sounds just perfect though. Much love xxx

Oh Loo, I'm so glad it ended so beautifully. I read your post feeding E to sleep and had a little cry. You've just done so amazingly and had such a journey with D, you have my total admiration.

Lozza, so sad for your sister, I hope life is kind to her for a good long while.

E is still snotty but has remained chipper today brought a meeting with refuse managers and then at an AGM. Hopefully she's crashed for the night, hopefully.

Loo, actual crying here, it sounds so special. Good for you, what a great job you did with feeding her! And you get to keep enjoying lovely sleepy snuggles over her bedtime bottle still, best of both worlds! :hugs:

Lozza, I'm so sorry about your sister's loss. :( I had a very early MC before I was pregnant with F, literally 11 days after my BFP I started with bleeding, I can really empathise with that feeling a bit silly, and that I might have made a mistake and read the tests wrong or something. Like with your sister it was definitely a loss though, and even though I only knew about it for 11 days, I was still very sad as it was long enough to turn the baby into a person in my mind. Thoughts with her and your close family xxx

WT, I seriously hear you about the 6am thing, flipping amazing! It really makes all the difference to wake up yourself, rather than being woken!

Loo, so sweet! They're so precious, I can't believe time has gone so fast.

Last night when G woke up, she was pretty cold (so I let her snuggle with me all night instead of going back to her own bed) so tonight I double-layered her: a short-sleeved onesie and socks under a long-sleeved footed sleepsuit. And I'm not above putting baby legwarmers over the legs AND arms if it comes to it, lol.

I have sleepsacks, but how do you keep their arms warm? Scratching my head over that (and getting the legwarmers ready).

Mouse, its really ok for babies hands and feet to feel quite cool/cold in bed. The important thing is that their torso is kept the right temperature. Between about 16-20c degrees (sorry, not sure on the f conversion) which feels pretty cool to us, they just need a vest, a sleepsuit and a 2.5tog (winter weight) sleeping bag. Their hands do feel cool, but if you feel their tummies in that then they are pretty snug. Under 16c you should add a blanket and over 20c then lose the vest, over 22 then just a vest and sleeping bag, and over 24, probably just a vest and a light blanket ready to cover them. The sleeping bags keep them surprisingly cozy considering they feel pretty thin to me. X

Thanks, Emera, she did great last night with the vest, sleepsuit, and sleeping bag (and socks).

Loo hope you're having fun at the wedding tonight xx
Read back a bit on here tonight from the early days.... Nostalgic!!! And cupcake has a new ticker!!!!! Seems that me, emera and WT smelt a lot of milk sick, Lozza got all emotional once per week (awww), loo got all the shit hv's, glow was too old for baby groups :haha:, Mia didn't always sleep through :)haha:), FT had a feeder baby and missy made an awesome bump video! Lovely lovely record x

I know it's been said before, but you lads really are amazing! When I think back on the last year and a half of our lives it's incredible to think what we have all gone through together. I'm really looking forward to meeting the lads I haven't had the pleasure of doing already and seeing all those gorgeous babies in the same room. It's really quite exciting!

This is a great record, that's why I'm a little bit sad we've mainly abandoned here for FB :cry:

I still like to come here, FB doesn't feel the right place for everything, partly just in case of accidentally posting to the wrong place (how
Bad that would have been this week) and cos I see FB as a happier photo based place!

Made the cheese and spinach muffins today by the way. DH's verdict... A work in progress, hard on the outside and raw in the middle. Told you I can't cook! They taste good to me, currently got the goulash in the oven so hope thas nice, will be Z's first beef!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->