March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

There is no mortgage on the house, but I am still paying insurance, council tax and over winter gas rates to make sure the pipes don't freeze. I guess I could afford to let it sit for another year, but not want it too iykwim?

Loo...i would take the offer if i were you espec with winter coming ...bills will shoot up and who knows when the next offer will come in. With no mortgage to cover its win win...try not to think about money you have 'lost'....i always think in property its not real money anyway iykwim

Think about how much cake you can buy with £140k :happydance:

Loo-

I feel your pain. We've had a similar housing market here where everything is slow. Slow. Slow. To make matters worse, my house is by far the largest house in the neighborhood, which actually makes it a slow sell even in a good market. So it was slow on top of slow. After a year of nothing but a single, insulting offer, I decided to rent it out instead. Honestly, I wish I'd waited longer and just sold it -- even to a cheeky offer -- just so that I could be free of the hassle. My advice: if you can make it work financially, take the offer (or give a very reasonable counter-offer if that's typical in the UK like it is here). You are better to cut your losses. Also, houses tend to deteriorate when left vacant too long, so that is something to consider as well. Add up your costs for the past 12 months and use that as your guiding mark. Even if you don't get the full amount you want from the sale, you will be saving yourself those expenses in the future.

Good advice lads. I think you're right. If I don't take this offer, I could be waiting a long time for another, and for the sake of what could only be a few grand, it's probably not worth losing the sale.

Loo, that's well hard. I'm wondering if you could try a counter offer just to squeeze a tiny little bit extra out of them?

WTs advice on adding up what you have been paying out for last year and perhaps maybe for another year is a great idea.....housing market soooo slow...i say snap it up and walk away x

I'd take the money too. I did a similar thing when I sold mine 8 weeks ago. It hurts a bit but I'm so glad I no longer hAve the stress!

Mmm, I am inclined to agree with the other lads. You could hold out for a few more grand, or you could just end up spending out on another year of bills etc. I think I'd go for the offer and be done with it personally. X

Well, what does the estate agent say? If it were me, depending in their advice, I would counter offer 145 however this much depends in the buyers position, if they are a cash buyer or have a significant deposit I wouldn't muck about. Either way, get rid, you've started a new life and don't need to be looking backwards.

Lozza, I really sympathise, Z is such a sunny boy but I think you will find he'll be even sunnier when he finds a groove with sleeping. Also, you need to consider how this will benefit you and then, thanks to better sleep, enable you to be a happier parent. Win both ways....and I don't think it will take that long. Let me know what the HV advises. We dropped the gentle training we were doing when E started to suffer with wind badly late evening and then has had two colds one after another. When she stabilises a bit I will reassess. However, the first bit did pay off, she settles herself if I put her down awake at night and sometimes she self settles in the night. If she wakes up now its because she needs something genuinely, winding or a feed but not usually more than once a night.

Unlike two nights ago when she woke up at 1:30 and cried for 3 hours. She had a cold, I had a cold, MrC had a cold. In fact we all still do. Bit of a sad sack house here. My sinuses under my right eye have swollen and its very painful. Hoping they don't now get infected :-(

I only got an answer machine message from the agents, but she did say it was a first time buyer, so I'm guessing they wont have a massive deposit. I'll call the agent in the morning and ask more. A bigger problem would be if something comes up on the survey abd they then try and negotiate down further. Gah. I think my instinct says get rid, but I'll call the agent first thing.

Oh well in that case, don't rush, get the estate agent to thoroughly check them out and see what they say. It might hinder your side to run back and accept if they get the impression you're enthusiastic about the piddling offer and might be further beaten down on price later in the process. Not that I think it's piddling but you know what I mean.

I know I haven't been a massive poster on here - and don't always get the time to look at a***book never mind here aswell - but this forum was a big thing for me while preggers and since, because you were all going through the same / similar to myself, I kinda wish I would have posted now...... I was around from early on - and do remember some ejit who had a pop at FT about not updating the front page with her due date etc.... (she was a scary lady) I just couldn't keep up with your chats..... (you could easily do 50 pages a day - no problemo) and to think I was just too scared to post.......

Just coming on here though has made me have a tear in the eye..... Lozza, such sad news with your sister - such a shame you can't give her a hug, hope she takes as long as she needs x. Glow reading your post was heartbreaking x. Loo, your last bf sounded beautiful! x Don't rush into anything - but I think I'd be tempted to sell up too xx

So, a few weeks ago, found a lump in the breast - wasn't too worried - but went to the docs to get it checked out.... within two weeks hospital appointment. Got checked over by the consultant - but the lump had shrunk..... then they get you back for a mammogram..... which I had today...... Seriously - I didn't realise how much boobies stretch out when 'clamped' ouchy!

I can hear someone on the monitor - night lads x

Bluebird, what was the outcome? Good news I hope. Scary thing to go through :hugs:

I remember that woman having a go at FT too!!!! I'm not sure why I held my tongue as I was raging! I guess we were all a bit more reserved then! Stupid cow!!

I've been in bed for 2 hours, but I can't sleep with all the house business on my mind. Gah. I didn't even know there had been a viewing, so it all feels completely out of the blue. I want to sleep though....I know that much!

Aww, blue_bird, we're glad you're here now!

Lads, it was so nice to come on here tonight and see a couple of pages of chatter - just like the old days! I love pics and such on f-book, but it's so easy to read and keep up on here, whereas I feel like I miss things on there.

Lozza, ditto what all the other girls said - I'd be tempted to take the money and run too! That being said, I have zilch experience when it comes to buying and selling houses, so don't listen to li'l old me! :)

Took A for a walk in her new structured carrier today - she LOVES it! So nice -- I love that it has a waist belt for extra support and can be back or front carry. It's so much nicer on my back than the Baby Bjorn was! She loves to be able to look around and see everything from up high rather than tucked down in her stroller. It was a glorious evening. :cloud9:

p.s. Dinner was Chinese with sweet n' sour chicken balls, chicken veggie chow mein, fried rice and an egg roll. So full and there's half left for later! yum.

Loo I think you've had awesome advice...none more to add :hugs: hope you're asleep xx
Lovely lovely lovely to see a few pages on here :dance:
MsC hope the crows nest is feeling better :hugs:
Lozza sorry it wasn't a great weigh in - what did they say about it?
big decisions about Z and his sleep...I keep remembering what Glowie/nicC3P0 (?) said about sleep training an older one...and I think whatever you decide you have to have N onside. Tonight N woke at 10/1 and a 1 I laid there listening to him moaning and DH said what are you waiting for? If you feed him you'll be back in bed in 15mins. Which is true but not really that helpful. And to be devils advocate there are some ppl who swear by not sleep training it naturally happens anyway...just don't want you to feel pressured - you know you & Z best. :hugs:
Blue bird - hope the mammogram comes back all clear.
Crowned yay for new SSC!!!! We got a Manduca, it's ace!!!
Lots of love lads xxx
PS waaaaaaaaaah for multiple night wake ups. His second tooth is just popping through...only another 18 to go :cry: :nope: :sleep:

Loo, we'll be losing money on our old house no matter what the offers are (it's on the market for what we bought it for 7 years ago--and we put quite a bit of money into redoing the kitchen and a bathroom and some other stuff)... but being rid of it will be worth that. Like somebody else said, it doesn't feel like "real" money when it's a house.

Bluebird, glad the lump shrank. Keep us updated.

MsC, hope your poorly house gets better soon.

I think if we all make an effort to post here more it'll be fine. FB can be a great place for pictures or for stuff that needs privacy, but BnB is great for more advicey type stuff.

G was so cute tonight... after her last feed, I was patting her on the back to burp her, and then I'd stop, and she would pat me on the back. And then I'd pat her, and she'd pat me. :cloud9: I don't understand how such a tiny person can be so enormously adorable. :)

Waula - they didn't seem too fussed about lack of gain as they saw how active he was! And thinking about it the last time he was weighed was at the hospital on a different set of scales so maybe they were generous? Who knows. I'll go back in a couple of weeks, weird thing is he feels loads heavier!

Bluebird - hope you had positive results on the lump :hugs: must have been scary.

I think we need to invest in a carrier so we can do a bit of off road walking, hopefully pop up to the lakes a couple of times this autumn. What's a good manly one as its more likely DH will do the carrying!!

Mouse....so cute of G...i love those moments x

Loo...if its a first time buyer yeah.you.may not be able to squeeze extra cash out but things should move quickly chain free. I would definately find out if their mortgage definately approvedso that doesnt delay things.....plus if you decide to.accept tge offer make it clear to.the estate agent that this is not subject to change after survey (unless ridulculous amounts of work needed).....basically they cover any work required.

Waula....boo for wake ups but yeah for another tooth. I fibd myself doubting.that anything if happening in Ms mouth....though she is drooling more, chewing fingers more, pinkie cheek on right and red ear (??!!). Hope its painfree teething.but it could still be ages before she springs anything

Anyway morning all....glad to.have you on board bluebird x x x and i.am checking.in at least twice a day...cant believe i.have missed so much x have a great say.all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->