March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Exciting Christmas chatter. I bloody love Christmas. Tree goes up Dec 1st. The mulling starts at about the same time (we mull everything!). Oh and the mine pies and honourable maids (or maids of honor...I can never remember which was round it is) and the Christmas cake and the pudding. Omg. Love!
It's going to be so unbelievable with a little one isn't it. Can imagine the mobile babies are going to wreak havoc with baubles!!! :haha: see Mitch, we can stil be smug with our slugs lol!! X

Waula...dont speak too.soon...our slugs are pretty likely not to.be overly sluglike by Christmas...they'll be 9 months old eeeekkk!!!! At the very least they will be attacking the low lying baubles and probably pulling the tree over :haha:...i cant wait!!!!

Emera....resident poo expert...any advice on dried up orangy vom stains on cream carpet???.....:winkwink:. I gave it a good going over with.oxy stain remover and thought i.had cleared it but its now a faint orangy colour.....lovely!!! Otherwise planning to.spray with Vanish foam and leave for a couple of hours before hoovering up....another blessing of having an immobile sluggette:happydance:

I love Christmas!! We need to be on here for it just to use all the Christmas smileys again! This year we've said we're staying put, first time ever. I'm waiting to see if my parents will come Christmas day or not - I hope so. Then I can get my turkey ordered from the butchers! Think I'll start stocking up on Xmas food soon (ie the large tins of quality street that are currently £4.49 in waitrose!) I think I'll put the playpen round the Xmas tree, that should keep it safe! And yep, I totally expect loads more
Mobile babies by then, we can all enjoy Christmas tree collapsing hell together!

OMG, i'm SOOOO far behind!!! No idea when I can catch up. All i've seen is chat of poo poo, mammograms (hope you're ok birdyplops) and banana muffins (VOM!)

OK, i promise next week i'll catch up.

Did a 12 hour shift yesterday with an hour commute either side of it. No fun with a baby who's waking 2-3 hourly at night. I did catch a lovely baby though! Little tiny girl!

She was absolutely amazing! First baby, induction, started drip at about 1, delivered at half 6. AMAZING.

I actually have a bag with "Baby Catcher" on it. haha

Jealous of that labour. Do you not cry all the time? I'd be a wreck. I'm bad enough with a calf/lamb.

I'm currently making a vague attempt at letting him cry. It's awful. He went down at half 7, woke just before 10, did loads of farting and then wouldn't go back to sleep so I fed him. That took me to about 10.40, burped, put him down and thought yippee, should get a couple of hours now. I got 3 minutes. I can't get him back to sleep now. I've tried leaving him to cry but sitting in the room but he realised I was there and and came and stood up above me. I tried rocking again, and I've just given him some gripe water but it's not working. He can't be hungry and I dont think his teeth are hurting. He's got a cold so I don't know if i should be doing this. I've left him 2 lots of 5 minutes so far, he's stood up the whole time so I don't know how hell get back to sleep vertically! I'm not actually sure I can go through with the hysterical crying and coughing fits.

Oh Lozza... I'd be useless and give him a cuddle which is probably not what you want to hear. I'm so sorry hun. Dummy? Big huge enormous hugs. Xxx ps I don't think cold + sleep training is going to be a winner... :hugs: xxx

Waula - I know but he's got a permanent cold, or I always blame it on something! I'll give it another 20 mins of going in every 5/10 mins and then give up for a couple of weeks. I'm on my own tonight so at least DH isn't screaming at me to feed him.

I think you going back in every so often is probably more manageable than sitting underneath him. You're doing amazingly Lozza. I hope my post didn't sound too drippy. You need all the support you can get. And yes, I'd be just like you and find any excuse. Well done. Big hugs. I think setting time limits between going in is a very good idea. Jeez I'm thinking of you and sending lots of sleepy thoughts to Z. Xxx

The info the HV sent said go in every 10 minutes. Seriously 10 minutes of screaming is a long time. Sorry to be documenting thus but it's taking my mind off listening to him. How anyone does this with a younger baby (like your neighbour) is beyond me. The HV did say if I give in ge'll just learn that no matter how long he cries he'll get fed eventually but I can't let this go on past midnight I don't think. My main concern is actually him falling out the cot as we've not lowered the mattress yet!! I've put my duvet below just in case...

Is your limit midnight then? I know - my neighbour did it for day's and days with a 6week old...and she now won't nap in the day at all :( she does do 7-8hrs at night though...
I'm very glad you're on here updating us. I feel like in a tiny way in sharing it with you at least. Hope that doesn't sound cheesy. Is it angry crying? I've no idea if what your HV said about them learning to cry forever is true - but it sounds like it is a recipe for guilt which ever way!
What does N think about sleep training? Xx

Argh Lozza it's nearly midnight... Hope things are ok. :hugs: xxx ps please can you lower the cot tomorrow... :haha: :hug: xxx

Its a cross between angry and hysterical crying. He has at least progressed to sitting instead of standing! He grinned at me when I just went in, I'm giving it a little longer so it will be an hour in total. Then that's it, I'll have had enough. He woke up about two and a half hours ago so this is ridiculous really. The annoying thing is I know if I feed him back to sleep again I'll probably only get another 2 hours! And don't worry about being cheesy, I'm glad you're online to give me something to do while I listen to him!

N is pretty on board with sleep training to be honest, he's had enough of being woken all night an md I think he's a bit sick of the spare bed, apparently it's a bit shorter than our king size so he can't stretch out! Trouble is when it actually will come to listening to him cry and keepIng him awake he'll not feel the same!

I've given up. An hour in and he's not even lying down. Poor thing looks exhausted and his cries were getting louder. I'll try again in a couple of weeks :cry:
Thanks Waula xxx :hugs:

How are you doing now Lozza? How's Z getting on?

When we did the sleep training thing with A a few weeks ago she cried for an hour and 7 minutes on the first night. On the second night she cried for 22 minutes and on the third night for 4 minutes.

I really hope it's going well with you. You know how I feel about the sleep training but I totally understand what you mean about the recipe for guilt. I don't think there's anything in this parenting lark which doesn't involve huge amounts of guilt. At the end of the day, you know that you're doing it for a reason.

I would say that on evening if I give in to A crying for any reason and take what I feel is the easy way out and feed her to sleep, then she will cry far more next time than she would normally. I really do think they use which ever 'skill' they have to make us do what they want and they are more aware than we think. However, I know she is happier now she is able to settle herself to sleep whenever she really needs it.

Anyway, I hope you're doing ok.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"