March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

As awful as ever!
We actually DTD last night, after saying on here yesterday we never do! Possibly the first time I've silently willed Z to wake and he didn't :dohh: :haha:

Bahahaha!!! Lozza you made me laugh a lot!!!!!!! Xx

Oh dear Lozza....:haha: Better luck next time....

Well dtd is definately off the menu for us for at least another 3 weeks....due to the inflammation and size of the stone removed, he had to have a stent put in for 3 weeks. It will be removed under general anasethetic then :cry:...he is not a happy bunny. In so much pain....and I am not happy as its the weekend and I usually get a bit of a break from M....not totally left with him but you know what I mean...someone else to give her some food, change her bum and have a play so I can just breathe.

M asleep and thought I would use the time wisely to make apple pie:happydance:. However my mum came up with a great idea of make individual ones in the muffin/cake tray so I can freeze them...smaller portions etc...but I really dont think they are going to turn out well...if they dont explode out the sides they will surely stick (and yes I greased them).

Mmmmm spoke to soon....apple explosion out of the sides :dohh:....they I should have made the pastry overhang on the base so I could seal them better...crapbag!!!!!

Baking fail!!!

I've just made the banana muffins, waiting for them to come out the oven! And now waiting for Z to wake, he's 2 and a quarter hours into a nap!!

I made banana muffins this morning too... Added raisins... They're yum. I made 24 and ate 4. Oops.
Mitch lol at your apple pie-plosions... I love apple pie! Hope mr Mitch is feeling better soon...
Lozza...if these naps get any longer you'll have no excuse but to dtd lol!!!! I went for a big run this morning whilst n was napping. Felt lovely. When I say big run, I mean 40mins being dragged by two collies so not that big! Starting running club wed night :dance:
Xx
Ps Mitch was it you who thought it was :sick: to mix savoury/sweet? Noah just had a mouth of melon and added in some cheese/Tom/spinach omelette. R. A. N. k.

Yep...sweet and savoury mostly wrong wrong.wrong....though i.have a feeling.there may be exceptions but cant think.what:shrug:...tell N hes a wrongun!!!:haha:

You know what pie-plosions aside they look alright...pic on my main fb...proof of the pudding is in.the eating. I dont normal test and hubby.not.feeling it at the moment....he must be ill :haha:

Waula...well done on the run.....puts me to.shame. My friend just bought a running.buggy which you.can.use from 6 months old...its quite cool...does NOT make me want to run though. I reckon i lost a few pounds in puking/pooping hell yesterday:blush:. Bit drastic but i'll take it

Oh Loo if you are around...after our nightmare day yestrday forgot to wish D a happy 7 months. M's birthday buddy :)

Is anyone finding those muffins take longer than 15 mins? I did mine for about 17 minutes, they're still a bit underdone on the inside. Im totally hopeless at baking!!

Lozza I do the muffins in fairy bun size cases, heaped tbsp in each and takes 15mins...until knife comes out clean. The mushed banana can make it look underdone?! Did he like them? X

Ps Mitch - a running buggy?! Nope. I like my only tiny bit of me time to be just me and the dogs... If have no excuses if I could take N with me!!!

Mitch glad M went through - How is Mr Mitch with the surgery - they get everything

Lozza - Your posts made me well up - glad waula was around for support - You are so strong to still be up so much at this stage - Have you thought of speaking to your health visitor about a sleep clinic - im not sure you have one down there - also did you get on ok at the hospital appointment ? Im not sure if i seen how you got on. Massive virtual hugs

L&L - First of you are a fabulous mummy - Livy always looks so happy and content. Depression is an illness and it can be treated and through time you can heal - I really hope you and alex can work things through - Really looking forward to meeting you and livy next month

Ladies im loving the chat of food and poo again - of course not together

L xxxxxxxx

Lozza...i found that the banana muffins needed longer...17 mins in fan assisted and they.still feel gooey in middle but as waula said thats what bananas do and theres alot of banana in it!!! Plus i.found they firmed up once cooled. Was Z impressed? X

Waula i agree...running.alone would be a great time out....though that wouldnt convince me to run AT ALL:haha:

I'd love to have time to myself to run...I'd run straight to costa for latte and biscotti!

I'm buried under croissant and danish varieties here, can someone come help me?? Hmmm, I think I need to recipe test biscotti actually...

In other news I might well have a job! A decent one too, as a pastry chef in a two rosette restaurant. Fingers crossed please lads!

Wowsers emera!!! That'd be awesome! Pastry is sooo complicated though! But also the tastiest! What hours would that be? X

Nik :hi: hope you're surviving the box madness?!?! Xx

Waula, the amazing part is, it would be flexible hours as it is a prep role, not a service role, so i could literally go in any time of day or night, as long as i get the work done. Perfect! Pastry is my forte, so its perfect in that respect too! Eeeee, hope hope hope i get it, I've got an interview and trial on Wednesday. OH dropped my CV in at lunchtime on his way to work, and they called about 4 hours later. Always a good sign. :)

Sounds perfect emera! Best of luck for your trial...sounds pressured!!! Eeep! Wish we lived closer, I'm excellent at tasting things :haha: :cake: will keep fingers crossed! X

Always have trial shifts or recipe tests (as in they give you ingredients, and you have to cook something for them, a bit ,like ready steady cook) for cheffing jobs. To be honest it tells you alot more than an interview. They are a bit nerve-wracking though, but i try to treat them like i've already got the job and its my first shift so its less scary!

Wow its great to have something.so flexible and fab approach to.the 'interview' you will be fab if the crossiants and cinnamon swirls are anything to go.by

Ok this is one for our lovely bnb and not fb....i have to.admit ladies that I AM SHAGGED and not in the good way:haha: Seriously though its like having.2 babies at home today...wasnt expecting hubby.to be so out of action...he cant even lift M...he carried her upstairs (which i told him not too...he is in pain) and he cames over all sicky.and weird feelibg....10mins later he went to.bed and i.did the whole dinner...entertaining...bath and bed etc. Now i do.this most days but.i.look forward to.sharing on a weekend....i feel bad as he had a general anaesthetic and its to.be expected for 48-72 hours later. Just after that bug yesterday...i.am wiped out...totally!!!!! I need a break.so.badly (and feel awful for saying it).....we dont have family near enough...my.mum...his mum etc to.babysit frequently (i know some of you.are in that situation too)....jealous of the nct girls whose family are close. One left lo with her folks while they went to NYC for 4 days....i.dont want to leave M for that long tbh but just a day pleeeaaasssee. Sorry for general moaning...just need to.get it out there. I am a lucky girl...feel i need to find a bit of me again though

Out next Sat for hubbys birthday...cant wait but it wont be a late one as couldnt get anyone to have M overnight :-(

It can be pretty harsh at times like this Mitch :hugs: and its ok to have a moan, its a lot to do, and losing your weekend is never happy-making. :hugs: I guess all you can do is soldier on, take care of your charges, and plan a day off for yourself in the near future so you have something to look forwards to. Find that helps me no end. Xxx

Sounds like an amazing job emera - im jealous of all the pastry photots on fb

Mitch - You are defo not alone in wanting a break - I think the weekend brings it for most of us - You also had a difficult week with Mr M being ill then you - Can you see if SIL will take M for a few hours during the week - maybe get your hair done or just sit in a nice coffee shop and enjoy relaxing -

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"