March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch N gets in a right tizz when he's tired. And if he's over tired he's a friggin nightmare. And all the babies I know are the same so please don't think anything is wrong/you're doing something wrong. Whining is just them telling us something is up. Re pain relief - if he whines 2-3hrs after he woke up I get him to sleep (cot/rock/sing/boob) but if he's grumpy in between when he's not really tired and he's frantically biting on stuff (he doesn't really drool) then I defo get the calpol involved. When I had my tooth out a couple of weeks ago I promised I wouldn't hold back with it. I had paracetamol constantly for 2 days and would have been a grumpy arse without it. I give him one dose and if he seems much happier I know its pain and he'll have another dose before bedtime because he's horrid overnight if he's teething.
We've been on two naps a day for a month or so now... he stays up ~2.5hrs then sleeps for 1-2 hrs then repeats. I try and get one nap in the cot/day but if i did both in there he'd never meet anyone/go to baby groups etc so i think they do need to learn to be a bit flexible. I have a baby sheepskin I take places so I can get him to sleep on that (helps that he's still slugging it) and so its like a portable bed that he knows...

Mitch, F doesn'yt scream, but by god I know when she needs a nap, her whinge is like a masterclass in brain destroying noises! :wacko:
As far as medicating, with my two I know if a cuddle won't fix it, or a sleep won't fix it, or sleep is not being achieved when it's needed that I need to reach for the calpol. To be honest, that's only maybe a handful of times with F, and about 1000 times with Roh, but then he has all his teeth and has had a load of illnesses! :haha:

Mitch - I think most babies whinge/moan when they are tired, Jacob does it too. I think like Waula said I usually eliminate everything else first and then if nothing works grab the Calpol. You are doing nothing wrong!!! It's probably a combination of starting to teeth too.

MrsC - glad it's just not me with feeding woes! Yay for E have a stonker of a sleep tho :thumbup:

Thanks all.....M sleeps so much...today in.the last 24 hours she has been.awake for only 7 of them. I.suppose in the ladt couple of weeks i have worked round her naps so.she can get good ones in the cot as she is going for longer stints rather than loads of short naps.....means i.have to.fit stuff around 2-2.5 hour windows....when they were youbger i.think.it was alot easier. I worry.that if we are out and about she only got short naps and just got whingey....i would rather avoid and give her the naps she needs. However on holiday we just let her drop.off to sleep whenever she wanted and it was fine. I think.i.need to.get her used to.napping on the move again....its not that we dont.get to.do.anything or meet other mums...there are just certain things i try and book.around naps.

Yes i.know i sound like a real mutt!!! Baby should fit round us not.us round them...difficult isnt.it

Anyway....me and hubby are taking M to.Chessington on.Saturday....zoo and sealife centre so we are going with.the flow that day

As you know, D has whinging down to a fine art. In fact it wasn't until she was past 6 months that she really cheered the heck up. For that reason, I spent the first few months wondering if she was in pain or not - but I have only used Calpol 3 times. Like the other lads have said - try everything else first (the teething granuals are great if only for a distracting), and if it still doesn't work then, get out the big guns. :hugs:

MsC - Great sleep from E!!! Well impressed :yipee:

D's miserable again tonight. It seems that she is ready for bed from about 5pm - far too early, so I try to stretch it out, but just end up with her screaming. If only she would nap for longer than 30 mins! She did eat so much food today though - porridge fingers and orange slices for breakie, Steak in mustard (last nights tea), mange tout and plums for lunch, and an entire chicken leg in chinese spice and a whole 1 egg omolatte for tea! Cricky! That girl can't half put it away! We only started a 3rd meal about a week ago, but sometimes it only works out as a snack, and sometimes not anything at all.

Loo any sign of teeth with D?? N is foul in the evenings too...think it might be teeth again, he keeps rubbing his gums/biting everything... it seems i can distract him during the day but its impossible at night. poor little buggers xx

Hmmm, E doesn't get whiny but squeely when she's tired and eventually resorts to yawning and rubbing her eyes and finally, just gets a zoned out look. Anything else is like Waula, I rule things out and then treat it as unwellness and calpol if needed, in truth about four times since she was born. Not tried teething granules yet, might look for some.

Glowie, I have some meal plans printed out from the Weaning Made Easy book that I need to refer to because at the moment I just can't visualise fitting in the final meal and what to give her. I take heart that D isn't always up to full pelt either. Sometimes I am just me focused on her getting a good nap so it gets too late for more food. Let me know if it would be helpful for me to share these plans.

Naps. Lozza pinning down Z to get him to sleep has stayed with me. E clearly has thirty minute nap cycles so if I leave her she just wakes up. Now, when I hear the first stir, on her monitor, I go up and literally pin her down. She's always on her front for a nap and so I lie my arm up her back and gently stroke her shoulder blade but keep out of sight. She grumbles, can cry a tiny bit and struggles but she often then submits for another stint, sometimes for up to another hour. Might be worth trying that with D?

Just back from a meeting. MrC put E to bed with the last of my stock of EBM. I doubt she will do another all nighter and I need to express as I didn't do her goodnight feed. Same will be for tomorrow, another meeting so shall start her feed and MrC will take over with formula. I hate these types of nights.

:nope: msC :hugs: mrC did a good job though... you're doing a great job - you must feel very stretched in your busy life. i think you're an inspiration xx

Yep MsC you're doing fab, forget that you're also working! Hope she repeats the great night for you.

Z proved tonight nothing works twice. Two naps today, 10-11.15 ish then 2-2.30 (I had to wake him up to take him to gym babes or he'd have skept longer :dohh:) down to bed at 7.15, resettled by shhing twice before 8pm then woke just after 11. Proving to me that shorter day time naps finishing earlier don't result in a longer stretch!! I tried for 15 mins to rock him back to sleep and was having some success but he kept crying out. After a "what the f*** are you doing" shout from upstairs (helpful) I had to feed him. Off to put him back down now and see what the rest of the night brings. Flying home with him tomorrow so sone sleep would be helpful!

Lozza...hope you managed to.get some sleep...have a lovely few days down safffff x x

Mscrow....i.also struggle to fit a third meal in around Ms sleeping.and milk feeds etc...it seems like constant nap...feed...milk....repeat with no breaks for play sometime. Sure you work it out soon...i.have that weaning made easy book...the planners are helpful x x

Today i was going to Guildford (aborted trip yesterday amd planning to stalk Lozza ha ha:haha:).....but instead shall be doing out christmas photo.calendars from the groupon offer woooop. Going to.be difficult to.choose what to.use hmmmmm. Guildford tomorrow

have a lovely day all and a safe trip lozza

Waula, no signs of any teeth yet. She has been drooling like a hound since about 3 months, she has had a snotty nose/cold for about a month, red cheeks, red nappy rash, nomming hard, bloomin miserable patches - all the signs, but no teeth. Enough already!

MsC, I have some success with the wake to sleep method, so maybe if she is on her tummy, I'll try your method too. Not sure it'd work on her back though. And for the record, you are doing a great job managing work and home life. I hope you can share some secrets when I go back :)

Lozza, I hope you got some sleep. Have fun at your parents!

I'm feeling bloomin fed up today. For the first week in 9 months I have put on weight (1.5lbs). I know why, as I have eaten like a pig with visitors, meals out, cake testing and just generally not caring, but today I do care. I can't even bring myself to go to SW to be weighed as I don't want the gain on my record. It's stupid, and not at all a healthy mind set. I'm just super fed up, with myself more than anything. I don't even feel focused or motivated, but I know I need to be because of the wedding dress. If I'm not careful I could easily put on half a stone before I go.

Damn! I thought brides were meant to lose weight by stressing before they get married?

Weirdly OH sat me down and asked what my hopes and dreams are last night. I said that I hoped to one day have the same name as my family and not to be a reject with a different name haha. Then I told him I'd bought tests and he pooed himself a bit and went quiet. Then He eventually said, "hey ho, wouldn't be the end of the world, we've got all the stuff now!". Honestly if it was one year from now i'd be over the moon (especially with that reaction) but at the moment I don't know what i'd do. I wouldn't get any more funding for my course. I think i'd have to leave and never complete it :(

Sorry, had to do a brain dump before my head exploded. Loo, go to SW. Suck it up. Then draw a line and start again, you won't put on half a stone because you're aware of it. You've done amazingly, and now you're in a quite stressful time in your life. You're allowed the occasional gain!

Whoa missy...big news... Please can you just go and get a test today...like a proper expensive one - I can't cope with the unknown. And intriguing response from your OH :dance: and nice conversation (!) it's obvs on his mind a bit too hey. It will all work out just fine. But go get a test. Like right now today.

Loo go have a big wee/poo and get your skinny ass down to SW. :hugs: you've worked soooo hard at your weight loss and a mini gain of 1.5lb is nothing in the grand scheme. Everyone has a blow out. Like missy said - line drawn, move on, stop beating yourself up about it. Think about what you'd tell Dee if she was all grown up and in your shoes. :hugs:

Missy - go get a test pleeeeeeaaaase xxx

Oh andlozza good luck on the plane!!! Eeep!!! Xx

Well... me and ted walked to pound land for a test...

want to know the result?

Errr nah. It's ok. I'm not that bothered... YES I want to friggin know!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->