March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I thought the most important thing in your life (i.e. meeting the wondertwins family) was happening in 17 days? :shrug: ;)

That sounds doable WT *runs and hides whilst cancelling trip to Cuba*

I CANT COPE WITH A GROTTY DEE! Well, more grotty than she usually is...

Blimey WT theres a trip.and a half....regards jetlag i.suppose you.have to.just go.with it and hope they.adjust. Just try and get onto local time asap....good luck!!! Your trip sounds amazing...nearly one month!!!

Aaaw loo...whats up with D? Teeth issues or cold? :hugs:...hope.she feels better soon and is more cheerful x x

Found out at the weekend my best friend will not be having any babies:cry:....i finally.worked up the nerve to ask.her...her third round of ivf failed last year....her due date would have been the same as mine. Its been tough...we dont talk about it.....wondered if they were.trying again...finally told me theyve given up.after 6 failed attempts. So.sad for them.....she reckons her eggs are just passed it. They are both 42 :nope:

Oh Mitch, that's so sad. Your poor friends. Maybe now they've given up it might just happen? Maybe. Happened to two people I know well.

Unfortunately missy it will never happen without help...they had to.have ivf as he had zero sperm.count due to two rounds of chemo from cancer in his 20s and 30s....they froze sperm for use just in.case. Sad thing is they never wanted kids...got together when they were 19 and married for 12 years but changed their mind only 3 years or so.ago.

Feel so sad....wishing.there was something i can do. They have just gone to South Africa for a big holiday....she said they booked it when most recently one failed...with 2 weeks notice

Hope you all had a quiet night x we wanted to.take M to Chessington today...lovely blue skies but i lost my 2 for 1 voucher and not paying £36 each!!!! So have one to use tomorrow instead...bound to.rain:nope:

We had a 5 hour stretch last night, 7.30 to 12.30 with no resettling required!! Wonder if this is the reduced dairy having an impact? It took about this long last time (I've eaten a few things with dairy in, but have assumed cooked dairy will break down the protein that causes the problem, so shortbread and croissants fine!) we survived on one nap though yesterday although it meant massively overtired for bedtime so I'm not repeating that.
It could just be the effect of seeing my sister - for some reason all the best nights he's ever had have been when shes been in the same house!!! Thinking of moving her in with me!
Mitch that's horrible for your friends, really feel for them :hugs:

Fab night lozza.....its that lovely Southern sunshine:haha:...fingers crossed for another tonight

Ooh, fingers crossed its the start of something Lozza! Deffo kidnap your sister if its not repeated in her absence! ;)

How F can be so chirpy today after such a hellish night I don't know?? :shrug: I'm shattered. I think we've decided to get some formula so we can give her the odd bottle here and there, as I had a massve wobbler in the middle of the night, as I suddenly decided she was screaming because she was hungry. :dohh: In the cold light of day, I suspect I was just having a classic sleep deprived 4am flap, but OH now wants us to get some because he's worried about me being worried! :haha: :dohh:

I need a few more decent nights sleep, then I can be a bit more rational!!

Oh poor mitch's friends :( heart breaking. One of my Nct buddies did some crazy ivf thing with his sperm and a donor egg, they matched for height/hair/eye/IQ and then had the embryo implanted. Incredible.
Lozza I'm doing a mini happy dance for you!!!!! And yes, kidnap your sis!!!! First night in 4months N hasn't woken for dream feed last night, he woke up at 2 in a coughing fit though and realised he was obviously starving marvin!!!! :dohh:
Emera we got 12 cartons of hipp ready made milk in for if I'm not there and he gets hungry. He took 4oz yesterday afternoon without batting an eyelid. I'm certain F isn't hungry but if it gives you peace of mind that the moo honk can be fully retired then get done in :hugs: xxx

Mitch, I am so sorry for your friends, IVF is a difficult and heartbreaking process, I hope they can find some peace. Running away is the right thing to do, my brother and SIL go to London for a splurge when things have been hard to take. Bit of running for the soul.

Emera, what happened last night? I hope tonight is a quiet one and you get some reserves back. I hear you on the 4am wobbles, but they are just that. On the occasion a goodnight feed has been difficult I've fed her for a bit and had MrC take over with some Hipp first milk, it's just taken the edge off an emotionally hard time.

Well E is down for a nap, I've just resettled her and when shes been quiet for a bit I'll then run out for half a pint and a read of my Jojo Moyes book and MrC can entertain her when she wakes. After her Tuesday all night stint she woke up in a kerfuffle when I was back from my Wednesday meeting and then settled at 12:30, going through till 7:30. Thursday she went through till 6am when I took her into our bed for a snugly feed and she napped till 8am. Last night she went through till 4, fed and stayed asleep until 9am. All are fine with me.

All round though, this week she has suddenly become more aware of things, smiling and making joyous noises at the cats, reaching out to touch them, getting excited at toys and new things, having chats with anything and being on really good form. She's been a total gorgeous thing. I can't describe it totally, it's like her world got suddenly much bigger along with her capacity to enjoy it.

awww MsC that post is gorgeous. I'm so pleased E is being a bit easier at night and your description of her world and her development is just lovely. :cloud9: xxx

Waula, I looked after a woman who's baby was from a donor egg, it was amazing. Really honestly truely the baby looked just like her! I told her that and she cried (happy tears).

Off out with OH tonight. We're going to the restuarant we went to where he told me he never wanted kids. Maybe I'll cry again just for old times sake! Can't beleive we've got a little boy.
x

Oooh missy...do i.predict a proposal from either of you??!!:winkwink: have fun x x

Mscrow....loved your post...they are just discovering new thing every day now...its amazing x x

Firstly i dont like these fireworks for M....although i.think.the cats are more bothered:haha:

I am feeling a bit teary tonight...not sure why:shrug:...M has been a bit snotty and tired today ...well this evening. So upseting when you cant do much for them....calpol got a hit...half a dose as syringe was a nightmare. Going to.do 2 x small spoon next time

Mitch i only ever give F 2.5 of calpol. I know it says 6-24 months, but i think that, well, i give Roh 5ml, and he's soo much bigger than F, so surely she doesn't need the same amount? Its a big age bracket. Anyway, that's just me, F isn't very big, so i tend to go by that, rather than ages x

MsC E sounds lovely, and i know what you mean about their worlds suddenly getting bigger. Its a wonderful thing to behold. Parenthood is so hugely rewarding, because there is nothing, nothing that beats watching someone start to explore and understand the world, and viewing it as a fascinating, surprising, exciting, amazing place that is all theirs to enjoy! We become so jaded as adults, and really take so much for granted! It takes about 15 minutes to get to our park, which is 2 minutes walk away, because Roh notices every single little thing on the way there, and wants to explore it all! I have to really check myself wanting to hustle him along, because, why shouldn't he stop to explore?! Love it, and i'm so happy to here its lighting life up for you. :)

Oh, and last night F was up most the night screaming the house down is what happened. :nope:

Its so amazing what can be done with donor eggs/sperm etc these days!

Mitch, fireworks have never woken either of mine before, loud noises don't seem to bother them, its small ones that seem to disturb them!

Think there is something wrong with my dishwasher.....sad times!

Emera, my dishwasher isn't right either! Think it needs a kicking

My dishwashers dodgy too....crap at properly cleaning stuff. Thank god we will be getting a new one with the new kitchen....

Weather just bloody awful here...have skipped chessington...will go.another weekend. SIL popping over...lets hope M doesnt cry this time:wacko:

Mine cleans stuff fine, but it gets stuck on the rinse and just rinses for all eternity. It is about 1000 years old though!

I'd be LOST without a dishwasher. For years we had a dishwasher we affectionately called the shit spreader for that was what it did. Burnt on bits of food on everything. Grim.

Daddy doing bath time at this end. Lovely. But very noisy. Keeping away.

Firework central. Dogs going mental again. The only thing that helps is to put them in the carboot. They hide away and pretend its not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->