March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

MsC - I'm sorry :hugs: to your family

Mouse - Sorry you are having problems with your sister. I hope she gets some help and you can figure out if the her working for you arrangement is going to work out. It's always hard to mix work and family.

Lozza - It's exciting that Z had one good night and a few decent stretches! I hope he starts sleeping better soon. Sorry last night/tonight, never quite sure the time there, didn't go so well.

Emera - I hope you feel better soon. I hope you get some answers regarding F, it sounds like a good plan to rule things out.

Loo - 11 days so close, exciting!

Bedtime tonight was one of the best ever, the only crying she did was right when I set her down in protest. She wouldn't have cried anymore if I had shut the door all the way, apparently I left it just unlatched which the cat saw and decided to open the door and meow. She only cried for 30 seconds or so though. Maybe she was just happy that Ben and I were home, last night was the first night that she had someone else put her to sleep at night time. Apparently it didn't go very well, she did manage to not wake up until 11 after we got home. Then she woke up at 12, 2, 4, 5, dh's alarm at 630. Overall though it has gotten better with normally only 2-4 wake-ups a night and being able to go back to sleep herself ocassionaly so yay!

I still can't believe how much your guys eat. I think today D managed 5-6 spoonfuls of applesauce, a piece of avocado, and about 4 pieces of pasta. That was over the course of the whole day. She seems to enjoy it more lately just doesn't feel like eating for very long, she would still rather just chew on the spoon without anything on it!

Food for today: bf @6.30am (and most of the night it felt), breakfast 8am a slice of toast and jam and a banana (ate all of this), bf @ 1pm (I had to wake him
From a 2 hour nap!), lunch of lamb curry, rice and a few satsuma pieces. bf @ 3.45pm then dinner will be a spinach omelette as I forgot to get anything out the freezer, with a kiwi, then a final bf before bed. Don't feel like he's had much milk today!

No doubt he'll make up for it tonight Lozza!!! :dohh:
N been off milk today too. He had a minute at 11&1 but couldn't breathe enough to suck so got raging. He ate loads for lunch though. Bf 7.30, breakfast: scrambled eggs n toast, banana (spat out), lunch: cream cheese s/w with grated carrot, pear and Banana slices...then stole a chocolate crispy cake at work (naughty) mammoth bf now then j.pot b bolognese for tea. Bought some organix snack things. Banana and date chewy bars. Sound yummy!!!

So F's food for today: bf 15 mins, 2 slices fruit toast with cream cheese. snack 1/2 banana, 1/4 croissant. bf 5 mins. bf 10 mins. Lunch, 1/2 individual goats cheese and spinach quiche, 1/2 tin chicken lentil soup with cream added. bf 5 mins. Dinner 2/3 bowl "fish pie" (mashed potato, cheese, butter, cream, 2 fish fingers mashed up, handful of peas) fromage frais pot. 5 blueberries. 8oz bottle formula.

Thought it wasn't much today, as we missed out the afternoon snack, but actually it still looks good!

Emera that is a lot of food! I can't fit snacks into the day yet, well not those sized ones anyway! A snack for us is like 5 raisins or a couple of organix crisps!

Just broke my new rule and fed before midnight, oops! He only had 1 nap today though and was so tired when he went to bed just before 7 that he didn't take much milk before passing out. He's just totally drained one side (thank god as it felt a bit blocked) so obv was hungry. Also I went to bed at 9.15, had to resettle him at 10 so when he woke at 11.30 I was too tired from being asleep to consider standing there for half an hour!

Can't remember if I've said but we're leaving him to go out tomorrow night for the first time! Leaving with mil, hoping I won't come home to find him being held. Please do a decent first stretch for me Z!!!

Lozza, I don't know how you do it, don't feel bummed about breaking the 12am rule, totally understandable.

Glad to see some positive sleep progress on the thread.

Poor N :( Poor mama, hope today is a sunnier one Waula?

Emera, good news about the quack, how are they taking it forward?

My brother and SIL won't be going ahead with the pregnancy. We understand. The main thing is that they feel the same way. We're all heartbroken for them.

Oh my gosh. Poor poor you and your poor Bro/SIL. I'm so so sorry msC. honestly words don't seem appropriate do they. Please feel free to voice what you need to in here. I hope they can cling together and get through this together. Every mama needs a special cuddle with their LO tonight. Sending all my love and thoughts to you all tonight xxxxx

Lozza hope you're having a fab night out. Bet Z pulls a huge 6hour stint for you. Please relax and enjoy yourselves - you absolutely deserve a fun night out with N. xxx

Food wise we've dropped a day bf here and replaced with a snack (he had date/banana Organix bar today and loved it!) so the day now goes BF/brekkie...snack after nap...lunch...bf after nap...tea...bf before bed and one bf in the night. So he's going from 7am - 4pm in the day but its really upped his food intake - we had defo plateau'd. And he's still a sick monster after milk feeds in the day so I'm happy to up the food a bit and hopefully reduce the suck splatter.

Worrying about food seems irrelevant when there are people going through such difficult times. I'm sorry again MsC. I hope you are ok. Xxxxxxx

Hey Waula, it's ok, life goes on, meals go on, that's life. It's just paused in a small corner and in a dark place. Thanks for the comments lads, appreciated, I just don't feel hugely talkative. I'm a swirling mass of sadness, guilt that we have her, a desperate wish to do something, anger that such beautiful people have had their dream slowly torn apart. I look at E and feel overwhelmed at her, we are so lucky, I hold her tight, breathe her in and another little bit of my heart breaks.

I'm glad there's Monday to look forward to. Laura, so so glad you're coming, I've wanted to meet you for AGES!

too sad MsC. too sad. must never ever take for granted what we have in these little lifes we've created. irrespective of the howling or the hour of the day or what the next baby can do. can't wait to see you all on Monday. over and out. xxx

MsC, its such a desperately sad thing, it breaks my heart to hear of it. I always think that in the darkness of tragedy there is a glint of light that shines on the brightest parts of our lives, and reminds us of what is truly of value. Cherish E, and never feel guilty for it, she is the light in your life, but it wasn't her light that cast the shadow on your brother and SIL. Thinking of your family :hugs:

Sorry, I forget what else there was to comment on, I just wanted to slap F's food for the day here before I forgot.

So, 10 mins bf. Brekkie, big handful of Cheerios, slice of buttered fruit toast. 6 blueberries, a banana. 5 mins bf. 1/2 croissant. Lunch plum baby brekkie pouch. Dinner unknown, but reasonable quantity of doughballs, pizza and salad. (At pizza express) 5oz bottle of formula (because OH is a dumbass ("I didn't want to make too much" :dohh:). That's it! :( Shite eating/feeding day as my Mum was here and F wouldn't feed, because she was too busy being nosey, and ditto the food! :rolleyes: will have to make up for it tomorrow!

MsC, I am so sad for them. Life can be so cruel and unfair. xxxxx I can't imagine what they must be feeling. It's a brave decision, and I wish them lots of luck if they decide to try again. xxxx

Waula / should have had some money on that bet... 6.5 hours! :happydance: ok I had to rub his back twice but it took seconds, and nothing before 4 hours! A bit downhill after though - fed at 1, I dozed off, woke at 3 and he didn't drop off again til 4.45. Stayed asleep til 6.30, quick feed and he's asleep again and despot my lack of sleep I cant drop off! Couldn't sleep from 10-12 either, thinking it was the caffeine in the half a green & blacks bar I had. Plus I've got a tickly cough and trying not to cough us really difficult! At 6.30 I heard the mil creep to the door, she's desperate for him to be awake, been past again since!

Anyway, all of that is irrelevant in the light of your news msC. I'm so sorry fit your bro/SIL. That's such a tough decision to have to make, they've been incredibly brave and selfless and I hope they're ok. :hugs: it's tough not to feel guilty, I'm the same with my sisters miscarriage, but I hope E gives them something to smile about when she next sees them. Big hugs xx

Laura - likewise after a couple of failed attempts will be great to see you!

Emera - we had the same dinner problem, DH said he didn't eat much did he! Well would you when 2 people are staring at you and trying to have a conversation? He def eats better if I ignore him a bit.

6.5 hours surely is your longest stretch yet Lozzza? Maybe he's getting this sleeping thing a tiny bit better??! Hope you had a fab evening out and the in-laws are being too OTT today!!!

MsCrow....big hugs to you and your family....it is a heartbreaking decision. My brother and SIL went through the same thing 3 years ago...they are in their early 40s and were torn by the thought that it could be their only chance...but also with their advancing years would they be able to be there for their child in later life if he needed lots of support. They chose not to continue with the pregnancy....it was a tough decision and they questioned it every day during and after and probably even today. They luckily fell pregnant again...eventually and had a gorgeous baby boy....but they still think about the baby that they lost....as do i. It is a hugely personal decision but one that we as a family wholeheartedly.supported. :hugs: to you and yours.

Loving day at the meet up yesterday guys....wish we all could have stayed later and skyped more mamas in. We got home fine.....i think Vitfa had a tough night with poor E....M slept through the entire thing....lazy moo moo. So lovely.with all the babies....hope we can do it again sometime. I think even hubby loved the day....he is soooo good with all babies...they love him ha ha

Where is everybody????:shrug:

Talking about reduffing on FB I reckon:haha:

Ha, probably Mitch! I am definitely not, and will not be reduffing!

Agree that Monday was fab, must do it again - maybe make it an annual event but in the summer so we can meet at a park or something as tey'll all be running around next time!

:hi: everyone...i'm here...i still check in...but FB is easier for the easy stuff hey.
Monday was amazing. I loved it. And really wish I could have stayed longer.

Since the meetup N has done two nights of sleeping from 7.30-5.30 which is a bloody massive improvement so whoever gave him the masterclass THANK YOU. And Lozza Z obviously passed on the bababababbabababaa class *sigh* so now we get clapping bababbababababaa all day long. How have your nights been?? x

Loo get yourself a new ticker lady!!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Especially the pregnant mummies. And hope WT is having a fantabulous time away. I'm sure the boys will be having a ball. xxx

xxx

Yeah why didn't Z attend the same class as N?!! To be fair I think he would have done a good stretch last night... He did 7.'15-11.30 without stirring and then as DH was getting up at 5.30 for a long drive I fed him to keep him quiet, but he trumped quickly, and it turned out (after I got him out the cot) that DH had gone back downstairs as he couldn't sleep! I reckon with a back rub I'd have got longer out of him. :dohh: Tonight on the other hand I thought we'd try without calpol, 40 mins in he woke up screaming, I've now given calpol and I'm having to feed him back to skeep, boo.

Someone at swimming today gave me a good idea for christmas, for asking for money they knew someone who said it was to save for a trip to Lapland to see Santa! I might do that - inlaws might be more likely to give money instead of toys for that, and I'd llove to go so it's a good way of saving for his ticket!

He ate a small mountain of pasta tonight. I assumed it was all in his bib but that was empty ad the floor was pretty clean. Was a sainsburys salad one as I need to do some cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->