March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Boo Lozza. Hope the Calpol gives you a rest tonight! Are you going to make him go til 2am now?! :haha: Like the idea of lapland!!! Would that be for this year or next? N just shreds pasta and spits it back out :dohh: so there are millions of bits of pasta everywhere. I'm hoping now these top teeth are showing their faces that this new night time thing is going to continue - I would offset the good sleep news with the not-so-good news about my milk. literally coming out of my ears. i could feed a small army. i'm trying not to pump but let it settle down itself. fingers crossed i don't get blocked (or mistakenly sleep on my front or my boobs will never be the same ever ever again.)
fingers crossed for you tonight! xxx

Massive hugs MsCrow xxx There is nothing I can say to this utterly heartbreaking news for your family. Life is sometimes unbearably cruel. I wish I had caught up on here prior to Monday...you're a very special lady with a huge heart. I'm sure you will support them all you can xxx

Hope you're all well and dandy? Sorry I'm utterly crap on here!!

xxx

Just checking in and back out again. Be good in my absence ladies, and I will catch up with everyone when I get home. xxx

Waula - he's had calpol the last couple of weeks, that's why I tried a break! Hadmt done much, he lasted an hour then woke screaming again. Only way hell sleep is in my arms. After 90 mins still fully clothed on a chair I tried to transfer him - more screaming. I've managed to quickly undress and get into bed instead so im warmer!

Loo - good luck for the wedding! :cake:

Shit Lozza. Sounds hideous. Xxx
Loo wahey!!!!! X

Ugh mouse that's a killer. We had 3 nights like that last week. I don't mind te wake ups if he goes back to sleep straight away, it's being awake for 2-3 hours that's so frustrating in the middle of the night. You have my sympathy!!

Managed to get out and back this morning before the rain arrives. Now planning to hibernate!

We had the aaahhhhhs too, that's the point where I have to try very hard not to giggle. The rest of the time i tried not to cry in frustration! He only did it for a few nights, been back to normal since so hopefully G will be the same!

Sorry for the bad nights lads....yeah for N though. Some of you may be heading into.an 8 month sleep regression...mouse sounds like it could be happening.with G if shes normally quite good. My mates going.through it with her LO....lasts about 2-3 weeks typically :wacko:

I agree...Monday was ace and i.am.definately.up for an annual event...somewhere central for most....maybe an overnighter thrown in if we are all back to.work and money not so tight. Should get a good group deal i reckon....exciting x

There better not be an 8 month regression - we've nothing to regress from! :dohh:

Waula - decided last night that we'll go to Lapland when he's nearly 5, so 2016 I think? Seems ages away but I don't think there's any point going earlier, he'll be too young to do stuff with. Although actually thinking about it he'll be at school then :cry: so maybe the year before would be better. Its probably more for me anyway!!

Lozza, my cousin took her boys to Lapland to see where Santa lives etc a year or two ago. The boys were 6 or 7 i think and they had an amazing time, they loved it! :) I think 4-8 years would be about perfect :)

Hello lads

Meh. Eight month sleep regression happening here. According to the wonder weeks app it's a major developmental spurt. E has gone from sttn - even in London in an unfamiliar bed and room - to waking up at 12am, crying but settling after a minute and waking up at 4am. Yesterday I left her to it (is that mean?) and she babbled, shouted and fell asleep. Last night she got distressed so I took her back to bed where she fed for ages, found it hard to fall asleep and got really nazzy with me for trying to get comfortable.

Sigh. I had to be up for 6;30 to get a train down to stay with family to do some work so it's been a rhubarb night involving 3:50 hours sleep.

8 months today, eek! Today he's had a few bits of dairy - yoghurt at breakfast, cheese on toast at lunch then a couple of sips of banana milkshake after dinner. Will be interesting to see what effect it has on sleep!

MsC - thanks for the wonder week reminder - we must be headed into week 37? Z is 35 weeks today). I'll read the next chapter tonight.

Hmm, I didn't think it was possible to regress from no sleep. Appears it is. Been trying for 2.5 hours to get him back to sleep after he lasted 35 minutes at first, this on only 1 hr 20 nap which ended at 12.30. So far we've had feeding (on 4 now), rocking, pinning down (worked until i left the room 3 times), 2 leaving to cry for 10 minute episodes, 1 big poo ;after the second crying) and a bit of sick (after the poo clear up). So much for a relaxing Sunday evening! I'd made a really nice beef in ale casserole too which I had to wolf down during crying episode 1. Oh, he's had calpol and now nurofen too!

Hope everyone else had good weekends!

Mouse, has G got any better? :hugs:

Mouse, sorry I read FB after writing that.

Well after all that we had our first ever slack dolly, 10-5.15, woo hoo! I think that's technically our first sttn! :happydance: ! I had to check he was still breathing at 3am I was so surprised :dohh:

Yay Lozza!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased for you. But your previous post sounded bonkers!!! He'd obviously worn himself out!!!!! :haha: :dohh: normally i'd say try and replicate everything...but perhaps not!!!!!!!

I have to say I think sleeping through for us is a learned/developmental thing and really doesn't seem to be related to double boob/food eaten etc at this end. Since our meet up last week N hasn't had a feed in the night time (apart from his vom-fest night). Doesn't mean to say he's sleeping straight through as we've just got top two teeth through but he doesn't want a feed, gets quite angry about it if I offer it...when he wakes up he just wants to go back to sleep...hoping when teeth stop bothering him he'll be able to do that himself without the cuddle/rocking...

flooded everywhere here...literally all the roads leaving the village are submerged. i'm going to get the wellies on and hit the puddles in a bit!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->