March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Happy Christmas all! So far someone's been ill everyday in this house. My mum was actually sick in the night and my dad doesn't think she's been sick since having us!! the only person to escape is me... Although could be my turn tomorrow. It's meant the mountains of food I bought has hardly been touched yet. No one even had second helpings of anything at Christmas dinner!

Msc - hope nights are ok again. I think the overexcitement counts for a lot - z has been a nightmare to get down, although could also be teeth as I can see more of the huge top two everyday.

Hope everyone's having fun. Ive looked at photos of piles of presents and feel like z has nothing! But the inlaws come on sunday.......Xx

Oh no, poor Lozza-family. I hope it's a short run thing and you're all back to normal soon.

x

Hi ladies
I hope you haven't forgotten about me.. Things are going very good with little C he is growing up so fast and I think he will start walking very soon. He has started to stand by himself and then falls down. Can I please join you ladies on Facebook

Sandy I thought you were with us on FB? You're certainly friends with a few of us aren't you? Im sure you're friends with me so I'll add you to the march group x

you can tell you are making the most of the new hour long D naps Loo!!!! xx

i'd stay away from the backroom...

i'm off to feed/drown N with milk that is up to my chin and under my armpits. wish him luck! x

Hour long naps for D? I must have missed that update!! Good job Miss D!! xxx

Yep, you can see the tumbleweed rolling through.

I was actually coming on to record for posterity, and anyone who's silently stalked this thread, my best night to date - a whole 7.5 hours in a row! Followed by a self settle and further 3 hours. An amazing night that I'd quite like repeated a few times before I trot off back to work in 2 months time.

That is an update that is worthy of being recorded here in our collective March Mama Journal so that it can be celebrated. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Lozza...is no news good news on the nights front?!
Still a lot of snot here and not feeding. Don't really know what to do. X

Oh no. Waula, I was just about to ask about the snot problems. Are you able to get anything with pumping? (even with him in the room or with a picture of him - I find this helps a lot, believe it or not...)

xxx

In the past three days I've pumped prob 14oz total and he's had 2/3mini feeds. I was horribly engorged the first two days but now not so which worries me a bit about my supply. Last night he went to bed without a feed again but I did a dream feed at 10pm and had to wake him for the childminder this morning so he had another good sleepy feed - I feel a bit like I'm tricking him into milk. As much as I wanted to bf until self weaning I never wanted to force it but it feels too early at 10months and he isn't well so I'm guessing its that. I don't want to not boob but have to give him a bottle and so I'm going to carry on doing a dream feed at night and a sleepy feed in the morning... If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to do formula in a cup and know I've tried my best. Who knew this bit would be so emotional? Just a bit sad. And hubby things I'm a bit loopy. Sigh. Xx

Aww. I know you've had a good feed since your post, but just wanted to say not to worry. Its deffo because he's ill hun, he'll get back on it as you've seen! And don't panic about your supply at all. Supply can increase as well as drop, so even if it has dropped whilst he's not been feeding, once he starts again the demand will stimulate production again and things will get back to normal after a few days!. :hugs:

Thanks Emera. He seems loads better. And my boobs are totally coping now on morning and night feeds so perhaps the drop in supply is no bad thing. Just was doubly sad knowing he was ill and having hugely massive painful waps. I'm going to have to get a grip, he can't BF forever...xxx

True, but it will come to its own natural conclusion, which will make it less emotional, and more just an obvious progression ;) :hugs: xx

I think the key to it all is the idea of a natural conclusion. I think it's like when I was ill and I was convinced I was going to lose my supply completely. I was so upset because I felt like it was being taken away from me whereas I felt like it should have been my decision, when I was ready.

With N, I know that you have the combined problem of ouchy boobs, sick baby and loads of hormones whizzing around. My SIL is convinced that your hormones go crazy whenever you drop feeds so I imagine that was going with you too.

Anyway, I'm glad that he's having some good feeds now and perhaps it was time to go down to two feeds? I'm thinking Astrid is going that way too - she refused milk this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->